Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

mrmanatee posted:

Joe Jack still plays local shows though, and does a drat good job of it too. Expect good things maybe!

Yeah, he's awesome live.

Apparently this is the kickoff show for a tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
After seeing them live, I am now totally positive that The Bronx are one of the most underrated bands ever.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Inspector_71 posted:

After seeing them live, I am now totally positive that The Bronx are one of the most underrated bands ever.

i couldn't stand it when they were opening for another band i was seeing.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Trapped Under Ice totally live up to the hype. Seriously.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

albear posted:

i couldn't stand it when they were opening for another band i was seeing.

I don't even know you anymore.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Revival Tour on Sunday. I am stooooooked.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Inspector_71 posted:

I don't even know you anymore.

well you probably knew that i've never been a fan of the bronx

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

albear posted:

well you probably knew that i've never been a fan of the bronx

Not really, but I don't think we've ever discussed it before.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

Inspector_71 posted:

Not really, but I don't think we've ever discussed it before.

then i guess for the record, i haven't been a fan of the bronx, especially from when i saw them back in like 2004 or 2005.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Angiepants posted:

Revival Tour on Sunday. I am stooooooked.

I really want to go to the one in DC at the Black Cat, but Frank Turner is playing on this part of the tour. I love Million Dead, but his solo albums are soooo meeeeeh.

edit - PS to everyone: it appears that planes mistaken for stars vocalist Gared O'Donnell is selling some of his music collection on ebay to help fund his new band Hawks and Doves. There's some neat stuff, so check it out.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZodonnellrules

Spring Heeled Jack fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 18, 2008

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Seeing Vitamin X with Seasick and a few other local New Brunswick bands tonight. Really excited, I not really that familiar with Vitamin X but when I saw them last year it was one of the craziest shows I've ever been to.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Koala posted:

Where did the Gaslight Anthem come from? I just caught wind of this band a couple of months ago, and The '59 Sound is slowly becoming my favorite album. A lot of people compare them to Social Distortion and The Boss, and I can totally hear both influences. This band is awesome, and their music is ridiculously accessible.

Saw them on New Year's Eve opening for Thursday. I thought they were absolutely amazing (at the time they played stuff from Sink or Swim). It always seems like Geoff has a knack for finding the next big thing before it happens.

I just saw them at the Chevy Theater again last month with Alkaline Trio, Thrice, and Rise against which was an amazing show as Thrice played a good share of older stuff and not all Alchemy Index. Anyways, Gaslight Anthem was unbelievable and the 59 Sound is a really tremendous album. They really did come out of nowhere, but they're getting so much exposure playing with 3 huge bands that they're going to be a really big deal.

Out of curiosity, I'm going to see Senses Fail next month and was wondering if anyone could gimme a clue as to how the new album sounds live and which tracks they're playing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Akileese posted:

Out of curiosity, I'm going to see Senses Fail next month and was wondering if anyone could gimme a clue as to how the new album sounds live and which tracks they're playing.

Don't miss Foxy Shazam.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Akileese posted:

Considering that Senses Fail have recorded a grand total of one good song, I'm guessing that they sound like poo poo regardless of what they play.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What's the 1 song?

I really liked their EP.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bloody Romance, and it's not really even that good. It definitely has its moments though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_71 posted:

Bloody Romance, and it's not really even that good. It definitely has its moments though.

All a matter of opinion really. I love their music and in truth, Bloody Romance is like, the third best song on that EP behind One Eight Seven and Handguns and a Second Chance.

I thought Let it Enfold you was solid, but it was mostly build up teenage angst (which makes sense considering they started writing the album when he was 19). I loved Still Searching because I just felt a total connection to the album and so far I'm really enjoying most of Life is Not a Waiting Room.

Music is all opinion and I respect the fact that you don't like them and that's cool.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
New Mikoto leaked, and it's a pretty big disappointment compared to their EPs.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

New Mikoto leaked, and it's a pretty big disappointment compared to their EPs.

They're not very good live but are awesome as hell to talk to before or after a show.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Going to see Ruiner on Friday. So pumped.
If - I - had - a - time - machine... Hell yes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

-Atom- posted:

They're not very good live but are awesome as hell to talk to before or after a show.

Do they ever play any Taken stuff live? I would go see them just for that off-chance.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Graf Orlock has a new album coming out and they are doing a east coast tour at the beginning of the year and I cant explain how amped I am for both of them.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

Do they ever play any Taken stuff live? I would go see them just for that off-chance.

I honestly have no idea. Each time that I've seen them I wasn't completely into them besides maybe the lead singer, he has great stage presence.

They're worth checking out though in my opinion.

And oh my god, it looks like the Fall of Troy have finally decided to actually release 'Phantom on the Horizon' that they'll be selling on their next tour with #12, Warship and Black Houses.

It's about god drat time.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 28, 2008

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

-Atom- posted:

And oh my god, it looks like the Fall of Troy have finally decided to actually release 'Phantom on the Horizon' that they'll be selling on their next tour with #12, Warship and Black Houses.

It's about god drat time.

gently caress all the haters, I'm stoked for this. I really hope most of the old EP is on there.

I'm gonna miss Tim though, I have no idea what Frank sounds like and I liked Tim's vocals. :(

Ironic war criminal
Jan 8, 2008
http://www.punknews.org/article/30901

quote:

Chris Hannah of Winnipeg's Propagandhi has confirmed that the band's as yet untitled new record is expected to be released as early as "February or March" (with a US release on Fat Wreck Chords). Responding to a number of questions issued to the band by Punknews contributer crackpotdemagogue, Hannah also confirms that there will be "about 13 songs" on the new record, citing five tentative song-titles as "Supporting Caste", "Tertium Non Datur", "Human(e) Meat", "Funeral Procession" and "Dear Coach's Corner". The band are currently hard at work within the confines of their own Winnipeg based Illegal Combatant Studios, and will, according to Hannah, "finish it up starting next Tuesday at the Blasting Room in Colorado".

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Edit: Regarding Phantoms on the Horizon, wow didn't think that would ever actually happen.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Parachute Underwear posted:

gently caress all the haters, I'm stoked for this. I really hope most of the old EP is on there.

I'm gonna miss Tim though, I have no idea what Frank sounds like and I liked Tim's vocals. :(

Are there haters for the Ghostship demos? I always thought it was pretty common that those were viewed as the some of the best stuff they've ever done.

But yeah, Tim was pretty legit but Frank sounds like a beast and just tears it up live.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Are there haters for the Ghostship demos? I always thought it was pretty common that those were viewed as the some of the best stuff they've ever done.

But yeah, Tim was pretty legit but Frank sounds like a beast and just tears it up live.

Haters for the band in general. The Ghostship demos blow my mind. Are there any videos/bootlegs of Frank playing with the band? I dunno, I was always a fan of Tim's scream.

edit: I need to bust out those demos. I haven't listened to them in ages.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Parachute Underwear posted:

I asked a friend of mine who saw them after Frank got added to the band and he said that he's able to keep up with Tim's parts for the most part. So I'm not too worried about it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Ozean posted:

I asked a friend of mine who saw them after Frank got added to the band and he said that he's able to keep up with Tim's parts for the most part. So I'm not too worried about it.

That's good.

Anyway, Fear Before's s/t album leaked. I'm sort of having the same reaction to it that I had to the Always Open Mouth; the first listen alienated me since I was a giant Art Damage fanboy, but I grew to love it. It's pretty good though, it basically sounds like a bunch of experimental outtakes from AOM with a crazy amount of layered vocals. David actually sings a lot in most songs and does it well, too. He still has his spoken word singing and screaming that he did in AOM, but he does actual melodic singing parts and it sounds really good.

Current favourites are I'm Fine Today, Get Your Life Together, Everything's Not lovely and Review Our Lives (Epic).

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS
Bane, Cruel Hand, Outbreak and Energy tonight

beyond pumped

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
I missed outbreak a few weeks back when they came here. Got to the show late and their set and shai huluds were over :(.

I don't remember if I posted the story in this thread but anyway banes set got stopped short because a bouncer apparently hit a girl in the pit and the bane guys got pissed and started talking poo poo to the bouncer and they got kicked out of the venue.

Also I'm pretty sure 1000 travels of jawaharlal is the best band ever. If you disagree you don't need to respond since you're clearly wrong.

edit : and mikoto is only good because of the taken connection. Otherwise they'd be even more forgettable.

Pantalones! fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 28, 2008

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Ironic war criminal posted:

http://www.punknews.org/article/30901

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Edit: Regarding Phantoms on the Horizon, wow didn't think that would ever actually happen.

This poo poo's supposed to have been coming out for the past year. If it actually comes out in a couple months I'll be surprised.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Mike_V posted:

This poo poo's supposed to have been coming out for the past year. If it actually comes out in a couple months I'll be surprised.

Half the fun of learning about a new Propagandhi release is reading the comments on Punknews.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Rick Ta Life has gone completely batshit insane apparently, if he wasn't already.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Competition posted:

Rick Ta Life has gone completely batshit insane apparently, if he wasn't already.

He always has been, but I wish to hear anecdotes/rumors/conjecture/completely made up bullshit about his current antics because I get a kick out of poo poo talk.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I like seeing that this thread is going to be around long enough that people really will be pregaming for Fest 7.

poo poo I'm practically getting started right now. I printed out a schedule and highlighted all the bands I wanted to see.

Anyone else going?

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

I'm going along with a couple other friends. I haven't had a chance to look at the schedule yet but I'll be drat sure to catch everyone I want to.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Paper Triangle posted:

I like seeing that this thread is going to be around long enough that people really will be pregaming for Fest 7.

poo poo I'm practically getting started right now. I printed out a schedule and highlighted all the bands I wanted to see.

Anyone else going?

Hell yeah, I had my schedule made up the day they released the official one.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
I wish I could make it to the Fest. It's such a tease for me. They're essentially telling me "oh, we're going to put every last one of your favorite bands on the same ticket. But, they're all going to play AS FAR AS POSSIBLE AWAY FROM WHERE YOU LIVE."

Bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

EvilRobot posted:

He always has been, but I wish to hear anecdotes/rumors/conjecture/completely made up bullshit about his current antics because I get a kick out of poo poo talk.

He got jumped and beaten pretty badly a while back and has gone off the rails, I'll link to his blog because he is typing garbage in all caps-lock and it doesn't seem to end.

* Has found God
* Shaved his head
* Demands metal detectors at shows

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=10761309

The crazy diamond has found a new shine.