Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

wormil posted:

Seconding.
Load times in photo threads? loving gone.
Thirding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

Apni tackat say tujay aaj mitta juu gaa!
I absolutely forbid my code to be reused in this way! ©

But seriously it helps a lot. If it's going into SALR it would work better with some JavaScript that creates a link to show the image, as originally suggested in QCS.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hm, it appears to also hide all the emoticons, which I guess shouldn't surprise me. Not really a big loss though. So worth it for the insta-load times in image-heavy threads.

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

If you want to show emoticons then using this ought to fix it:

code:
/* hide images from read posts */
tr.seen1 td.postbody img.img,
tr.seen2 td.postbody img.img {
    display: none;
}
Images linked in a post get the (poorly-named) img class, but emoticons don't.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

That seems to re-allow images if they're quoted (timg perhaps?)

But at this point I'm nit-picking, really. This is awesome.

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

Ah, I'll complain at somebody to add the img class to timg.

And: no problem! I'm glad other people find it useful.

edit: Oh wait, those images have the timg tag, so we can already remove them:

code:
/* hide images from read posts */
tr.seen1 td.postbody img.img,
tr.seen2 td.postbody img.img,
tr.seen1 td.postbody img.timg,
tr.seen2 td.postbody img.timg {
    display: none;
}

Filburt Shellbach fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 15, 2008

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Could someone help me get this working with Stylish? I don't really have much of an idea what I'm doing. Here's what I've done so far:
Chose "Site rules..." from the Insert drop-down, selected the "in domain" radio button, and typed "forums.somethingawful.com"
Pasted the code from Sartak's latest post between the curly brackets.
Didn't see a change in image behavior.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I saw that posted there, it's a neat idea. I'll work on implementing it in SALR this weekend.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Sorry if this is redundant or retarded, but am I right in thinking that SALR doesn't work with Firefox 3.1 beta 1? Trying the latest nightly still gives a compatibility problem.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Duz, this is a long shot, and obviously not important at all, but do you think you could take a look at this post and see if that could be implemented?

P.S. don't read the rest of the page

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I get a weird issue - the forum header shows up most of the time even though I checked the option to hide it. Sometimes it hides it properly but that is only when I re-login to SA or something. Is there an option in adblock to get around this?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I think my quick quote/reply problem (Submit grayed out) is more or less all the time now (again). Any ideas why this happens? It's rather unfortunate because that's one of my favorite features of SALR.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

hooah posted:

I think my quick quote/reply problem (Submit grayed out) is more or less all the time now (again). Any ideas why this happens? It's rather unfortunate because that's one of my favorite features of SALR.
As far as I know, the only time I've ever run into the Submit button being greyed out is when I change pages on the thread. I don't know that it'll make any difference, but what OS/FF version/SALR build are you running?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

brc64 posted:

As far as I know, the only time I've ever run into the Submit button being greyed out is when I change pages on the thread. I don't know that it'll make any difference, but what OS/FF version/SALR build are you running?

Vista, latest FF and SALR.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Interestingly enough, I think it's the same issue I occasionally get with the greyed out "OK" button when I get the Open/Save dialog box. If you click out of the Quick Reply window and go to another tab/whatever, the Submit button usually returns for me.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Svaha posted:

This may be incredibly obvious to some, and I'm not sure if this has been pointed out in the thread already, but if you are using Firefox 3.1 and your quick quote/reply buttons aren't working(loading quotes forever), make sure that you have http://forums.somethingawful.com set to be allowed in exceptions under tools-->options-->content and tools-->options-->Privacy in firefox. Something in those options changed in the new version and doing this fixed the quick quote/reply for me.

Just wanna echo this for anyone still having problems. Worked great for me! Now I just have to get used to clicking the big button instead of the >> again...

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Would is be possible to make the inline video converter recognize international YouTube sites? (uk.youtube.com, it.youtube.com, etc.)

SA Forums RSS - GBS - Games - SH/SC - TV IV - SA-Mart - D&D - Ask/Tell - Coupons - Others

astral
Apr 26, 2004

CygnusTM posted:

Would is be possible to make the inline video converter recognize international YouTube sites? (uk.youtube.com, it.youtube.com, etc.)

That shouldn't be too much trouble. If it isn't already taken care of by this weekend I'll have a look at it. Is there a handy list of all of them anywhere?

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

astral posted:

That shouldn't be too much trouble. If it isn't already taken care of by this weekend I'll have a look at it. Is there a handy list of all of them anywhere?

top of youtube, click on the country next to the language and it lists them all. It's probably safer to use something like (w{0,1}[a-z]{2})\.youtube for forwards compatibility.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

grrowl posted:

top of youtube, click on the country next to the language and it lists them all. It's probably safer to use something like (w{0,1}[a-z]{2})\.youtube for forwards compatibility.

Probably. Without seeing a list, I couldn't be sure that they all took the same two-letter form. :)

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

astral posted:

Probably. Without seeing a list, I couldn't be sure that they all took the same two-letter form. :)

to be fair, i checked the list to make the regex. :shobon:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
What's the status with Firefox 3.1 support? I miss SALR.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Plavski posted:

I suspect there's nothing specifically incompatible. You can always grab the Nightly Tester Tools extension to force it to run anyway, despite what the compatibility says.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Thanks to the hard work of astral, there's a new version out!

Fixed
Thread (un)ignoring is working again
Thread (un)starring is likely working as well
Embedding international Youtube videos working
Added link to view the thread a single post comes from

duz fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 2, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Note: Starring's still pretty bogus, but the tracking of threads posted in might be a little better.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Whatever happened to the stuff Sartak was talking about, not loading already-seen images? Is that being worked on? If so, are you guys implementing a way to still go back and load specific images if the user wants to?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Plavski posted:

You can force it on by turning off extension compatibility checking in about : config
extensions.CheckCompatibility <boolean> FALSE
extensions.checkUpdateSecurity <boolean> FALSE

You can then install and use SALR in 3.1, and it works fine up tot he latest nightlies, though occasionally it loses the thread highlighting, but it'll come back after a few refreshes.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

hooah posted:

Whatever happened to the stuff Sartak was talking about, not loading already-seen images? Is that being worked on? If so, are you guys implementing a way to still go back and load specific images if the user wants to?

Still working on it. I'll see about finishing it off for tomorrow.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

duz posted:

Thanks to the hard work of astral, there's a new version out!

Fixed
Thread (un)ignoring is working again
Thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times thank you! :glomp:

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

duz posted:

Added link to view the thread a single post comes from

Maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I have no idea what this means.

At any rate, thanks for the update. :)

CheeToS
Dec 25, 2003
Dangerously Cheesy

Biaxident posted:

Maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I have no idea what this means.

At any rate, thanks for the update. :)

Click the little "1" under your avatar to be taken to your post by itself. Then click it again. It brings you back to the thread now :monocle:!

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong

Swilo posted:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times thank you! :glomp:

Second the effusive thanks :D

Browsing is so much easier when I can ignore threads, I really missed it!

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

CheeToS posted:

Click the little "1" under your avatar to be taken to your post by itself. Then click it again. It brings you back to the thread now :monocle:!

Oh hey, neat.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Does the quickreply window keep coming detached for anyone else? It almost always gets detached before I post, with no way of reattaching. This should be a relatively simple fix, just have it remember what thread you're replying to and not change it. What's the point of detaching, and how do you fix it?

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 2, 2008

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

duz posted:

Awesome! Thanks.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

duz posted:

I was using the GM script that biznatchio wrote to do this (and I added * to the included pages, to let it work everywhere) but I've switched to the SALR one now that it supports international Youtube.

Can you tell me how to modify the Greasemonkey script so it works for international Youtube everywhere?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dominoes posted:

Does the quickreply window keep coming detached for anyone else? It almost always gets detached before I post, with no way of reattaching. This should be a relatively simple fix, just have it remember what thread you're replying to and not change it. What's the point of detaching, and how do you fix it?

The quick reply window is such a mess of code, I'm going to try and replace it with a popout panel instead (similar to Firebug's). That'll fix the detachment stuff and some other things as well.

duz fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 2, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

m2pt5 posted:

I was using the GM script that biznatchio wrote to do this (and I added * to the included pages, to let it work everywhere) but I've switched to the SALR one now that it supports international Youtube.

Can you tell me how to modify the Greasemonkey script so it works for international Youtube everywhere?

Assuming the script you refer to is this one, this should do the trick:

code:
change:

function sayt_vidClick(e, linkNode, videoId)

to:

function sayt_vidClick(e, linkNode, videoId, videoSub)

=====

change:

embedEl.setAttribute('src', "http://www.youtube.com/v/" + videoId);

to:

embedEl.setAttribute('src', "http://" + videoSub + "youtube.com/v/" + videoId);

=====

change:

function sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(linkNode, videoId)

to:

function sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(linkNode, videoId, videoSub)

=====

change:

linkNode.addEventListener('click', function(e) { sayt_vidClick(e, e.target, videoId); }, false);

to:

linkNode.addEventListener('click', function(e) { sayt_vidClick(e, e.target, videoId, videoSub); }, false);

=====

change:

var hrefmatch = href.match(/^http\:\/\/(www\.)?youtube\.com\/watch\?v=([-_0-9a-zA-Z]+)/);
		if (hrefmatch)
		{
			var vidid = hrefmatch[2];
			sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(thisLink, vidid);
		}

to:

var hrefmatch = href.match(/^http\:\/\/((?:www|[a-z]{2})\.)?youtube\.com\/watch\?v=([-_0-9a-zA-Z]+)/);
		if (hrefmatch)
		{
			var vidsub = (hrefmatch[1] == null ? "www." : hrefmatch[1]);
			var vidid = hrefmatch[2];
			sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(thisLink, vidid, vidsub);
		}
Edit: Cleaning up the formatting of my instructions a little.

astral fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 2, 2008

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Those changes worked perfectly, thanks. I set that script to be disabled on forums.sa/showthread (and Google and Youtube) but active everywhere else, and it works fine in most places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Updates!

Two new options are available. `Don't convert links in read posts` and `Convert inline images to links in read posts`. The first is enabled by default, the second isn't.
If you find any bugs with the unconversion, post a link in this thread so I can see what's breaking.

• Locked thread