Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kimbo305 posted:

The robot dude holding a lightsaber like Luke in the background of one of the pics totally made my day.

I love that car and everything about it. It's everything a car from a cheesy 80s scifi movie could possibly be, and then some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeilerto
Mar 3, 2007

Freedom Fries!

blugu64 posted:

I love that car and everything about it. It's everything a car from a cheesy 80s scifi movie could possibly be, and then some.

If you owned it, you would have to explain it as a concept car from the 80's, in that context it works perfectly. Everything about the way this thing was designed, the long and square proportions, the airbrushed mural, the bizarre interior materials, it all screams "stuck in 1987".

jarodm
Apr 30, 2003
ZING!!!

revmoo posted:

I guess it's a $210,000 investment in the same way dropping $210,000 on penny stocks is an investment. What a tool. And it's an automatic to top it all off.

Come on, you couldn't be expected to have to shift a car from the future! It should do it for you, and this one does!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Aeilerto posted:

If you owned it, you would have to explain it as a concept car from the 80's, in that context it works perfectly. Everything about the way this thing was designed, the long and square proportions, the airbrushed mural, the bizarre interior materials, it all screams "stuck in 1987".

I swear he should have used the Miami Vice theme song instead.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Someone should buy that, drive to wherever the gently caress Mark Hamill is living right now, and show him up for the poseur that he was.

Psssht. Ultimate Corvette? You got nothing, son. :iceburn:

Also, we need to archive that ebay listing for all posterity, it's just too perfect to let slip into the mists of time.

OMGWTFWALLHACK
Jan 28, 2004

Hated by the internet.

Three 300W amps gold plated, are they even from a decent company? I've never heard of it which probably means it's either awesome or from walmart

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

>>>>>> I want you bike >>>>>>>>>>
Reply to: sale-890768309@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-23, 1:06PM MST

I have some really nice guns that I would like to trade for a nit cruiser or?

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 890768309

Or?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

OMGWTFWALLHACK posted:

Three 300W amps gold plated, are they even from a decent company? I've never heard of it which probably means it's either awesome or from walmart

Precision Power (PPI) used to make some very awesome amps, but they got bought out a few years ago just like a bunch of good 12v companies. Not as good anymore.

That car is freaking awesome. I would drive it in a denim jacket and hightops and blast some Phil Collins and cruise for chicks with really big hair.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

Remember: everyday that you wake up, proves that God doesn't exist.
Just found this on ebay under a search for Subaru.

The "Thunderstorm" I don't really know what to say or think about it.

http://tinyurl.com/584ggs

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Bampalo posted:

Dude if that had ever been a production car, it would have been my first car in high school easily.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Bampalo posted:

Wow, that thing is incredibly well done... or an incredible waste of time. Either way, I'd drive it.

madattheinternet fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 27, 2008

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
Also, obligatory AI car picture with dog in it...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
just loving weird:
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/896276686.html

Click here for the full 641x599 image.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

RAT ROD

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hell yes.

TylerC
Jun 17, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
Save your money and get this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...45&_trkparms=65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1308

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

TylerC posted:

Save your money and get this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...45&_trkparms=65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1308

eBay ad posted:

I BUILT A SET OF PROPANE INJECTED FLAMETHROWERS, IT WILL
SHOOT ABOUT 6 FEET OF FLAME ABOVE THE CAB.

this is pretty much the coolest car ever.

TylerC
Jun 17, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
Reminds me of the movie cars.

I have a boner for old character rich rust bodies thrown on modern frames.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Pompous Rhombus posted:

this is pretty much the coolest car ever.

Somebody posted his cousin from Hollywood over in the AIest pictures thread:

angryhampster posted:

That '41 Chevy made [Jeepers Creepers] what is was:

I'm always sorely tempted to buy something utterly insane like that, but then my wife would throw me out of the house. :goleft:

Cop
Nov 14, 2007
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/885735422.html

This is an Rx-7 with an LS1 engine swap and tons of other mods. I absolutely love it!

This URL was included in the CraigsList post with all of the pictures of the car

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
Words fail me now, though I did say "oh god" out loud when I first saw this.

I think I'll dub it the Saabeat

Here's a link but the site's is in Japanese so I have no idea what's going on, just that it turned up in a search for Honda Beats v:)v

http://autos.yahoo.co.jp/ucar/search/detail.html?arid=U000000CU0002610671&car_cd=HOS062&clid=218859001&photo=0

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande

Cop posted:

This is an Rx-7 with an LS1 engine swap and tons of other mods. I absolutely love it!

This URL was included in the CraigsList post with all of the pictures of the car

I think I'm in love.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

The Rocket Salad posted:

Here's a link but the site's is in Japanese so I have no idea what's going on, just that it turned up in a search for Honda Beats v:)v

http://autos.yahoo.co.jp/ucar/search/detail.html?arid=U000000CU0002610671&car_cd=HOS062&clid=218859001&photo=0

That's an ad for a car for sale, that is what is going on. He is asking 11 grand for that monstrosity.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Man, I wish I had the space to keep this, and money to not starve after I lose my license for riding this:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/7401531

Just adding to the 'vehicles you can't legally have in the states, but can if you live in Canada' bandwagon. To think that your own government denied you such pleasure as a 500cc V4 two stroke sportbike... :v:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Cop posted:

I have two friends who each did this swap (working together); one is dead-reliable and the other apparently has a lot of problems.

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

VideoTapir posted:

That's an ad for a car for sale, that is what is going on. He is asking 11 grand for that monstrosity.
o i c

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!
I would drive the hell out of this thing... but only after adding some heavy push bars
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/894690345.html

Click here for the full 425x2048 image.

Urban Commando posted:

1992 Ford Crown Victoria. Ex Highway patrol car (so it has all the cool cop parts, which in this case is only the computer). Transmission is funky and causes a shake at low speeds. It has a PI (that's short for Power Improved) 260 HP motor out of a 2002 Mercury that only has 61,000 miles on it. I have no Idea how many miles on the actual car chassie, the odometer stopped working when the speedo stoped working.

Of course it has all the Police package stuff like vinal floors, AM/FM radio, very cool A pillar spot light, and bucket seats up front. No Granny bench seats here. The car has humongous 32" truck tires in the rear, and the front tires are near bald. The car has been painted (with a brush) in Ace Hardware interior latex called 'Green Beret'. It has WWII Style invasion stars and has been cristened the 'Raleigh Bell'.

Fun car, probably the cheapest, or biggest, or scariest convertable you will ever own. $500 cash and it's yours. It has a clear title and is ready for it's new home.

UPDATE: I have had several inquiries as to if the top is manual or if it comes up automaticly. Listen up, for $500 it has NO TOP. I don't know what you would call this (parade car mabey?) but there is no 'converstion' to the convertable, it is top down all the time.

UPDATE II: When you E-mail me as ask what is my lowest price and I reply "I am only asking $500 so how much lower do you want me to go?" that is not an invitation for you to try to low ball me. That is me calling you a cheap sonofabitch. If you think offering me '$350 CASH' for this will get my mouth watering you are mistaken and that will be the last communication I will have with you.

Sorry for the odd sized screen cap...

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

bladernr posted:

I would drive the hell out of this thing... but only after adding some heavy push bars
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/894690345.html

Click here for the full 425x2048 image.

Sorry for the odd sized screen cap...

Sorry to post this tired cliché, but if it were close to me I would buy it. I'm not kidding. Sure, it's quickly becoming winter here in Minnesota, but I'd buy it, stick it in my garage and fix what it needed until I could proudly drive it around all next summer. There's no way my wife would let me buy a used cop car, chop the top off it and paint it flat green, but how could she argue with one that's already had all that done for ONLY $500?

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

DropShadow posted:

Sorry to post this tired cliché, but if it were close to me I would buy it. I'm not kidding. Sure, it's quickly becoming winter here in Minnesota, but I'd buy it, stick it in my garage and fix what it needed until I could proudly drive it around all next summer. There's no way my wife would let me buy a used cop car, chop the top off it and paint it flat green, but how could she argue with one that's already had all that done for ONLY $500?

No cliche necessary. If I could afford the time and spare the cash I WOULD go buy this... today. BUT, I've already got two Miatas, an F-150, an Audi 80 and a 95 Caprice cop car, so my wife would kick me out and force me to live in the back of one of them...

I always wanted to buy something like a mid-70s land yacht and cut the top off like that, maybe even weld the doors shut... I was going to paint mine some other color, but the army green is awesome.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

bladernr posted:

No cliche necessary. If I could afford the time and spare the cash I WOULD go buy this... today. BUT, I've already got two Miatas, an F-150, an Audi 80 and a 95 Caprice cop car, so my wife would kick me out and force me to live in the back of one of them...

I always wanted to buy something like a mid-70s land yacht and cut the top off like that, maybe even weld the doors shut... I was going to paint mine some other color, but the army green is awesome.

poo poo, I didn't even think of welding the doors shut. That Crown Vic is a perfect car for Dukes of Hazzard-style over-the-door entry. Seeing it makes me wish I had the money to chop the top off a Mercury Marauder.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Sorry about the picture.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

VideoTapir posted:

"Sorry about the picture."

Internet_Wwwyzzerdd
Aug 4, 2008

by T. Finn
I lost it when I read the part about an old lady driving this :krad: Suburban

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/902492165.html

quote:

"AWESOME" TOTALLY TRICKED-OUT 1994 CHEVY SUBURBAN - $14500 (hayward / castro valley)

I AM SELLING MY "TOTALLY-AWESOME" 1994 CHEVY SUBURBAN 2 WHEEL DRIVE . THIS "AWESOME" TRICKED-OUT SUBURBAN IS JUST TOO FINE FOR WORDS !.... EVERYTHING FROM THE FRONT BUMPER TO THE REAR BELLY-PAN IS SMOOTHED OUT AND FILLED-IN AND HAS BEEN CUSTOMIZED IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER ! IT ALL STARTS OUT WITH IT ROLLIN DOWN THE ROAD ON 22" DOA CHROME WHEELS ! THEN MY BAGGER USES 4, NOT 1 OR 2, BUT 4 BRAND NEW CHROMED OUT, HI-FLOW 100% DUTY TIME VI-AIR, AIR COMPRESSORS, TO FILL 2 AIR TANKS WITH COMPRESSED AIR, AND WITH SWITCHES TO CONTROL THE RAISING AND LOWERING BY AIR PRESSURE TO THE FRONT AND REAR AIR SUSPENSION, FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT. THEN THE COMPRESSORS RE-FILL THE STORAGE TANKS THAT FILLS THE AIR-BAGS ON ALL 4 CORNERS SO YOU CAN RAISE AND LOWER THE AIR-SUSPENSION AT WILL ! THE REAR SECTION HAS BEEN "BACK-HALFED" WHICH MEANS THAT THE REAR SECTION OF THE FRAMEWORK HAS BEEN CUT OFF AND RAISED UP IN THE BODY TO MAKE ROOM FOR(WHEN IT IS BAGGED DOWN OR SLAMMED) THE REAR SUSPENSION AND AXLE, AND IT ALSO LETS THE SLAMMED CARS FRAMEWORK PLANT THE FRAME DIRRECTLY INTO THE ASPHALT, AND THATS ABOUT AS LOW AS YOU CAN GO, BUT IF YOU DID IT THE "OLD-SCHOOL" WAY, AND "C" NOTCH THE FRAME FOR THE REAR AXLE TO CLEAR THE FRAMEWORK, IT WOULD GIVE YOU AROUND 4" TO AROUND 6" OF TOTAL DROP MAXIMUM BUT THE WAY THIS ONE HAS BEEN MODIFIED EXTENSIVELY TO GET THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TOTAL DROP, IT LETS THE CAR DROP DOWN ALMOST 2 TIMES AS MUCH AS THE "OLD-SCHOOL" WAY WITH A HOLE LOT OF UN-OBSTRUCTED SUSPENSION TRAVEL ! THEN THE FRONT SUSPENSION IS TRICKED-OUT AS WELL BEING TOTALLY RE-DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM UP AND DOWN, FULL UN-OBSTRUCTED SUSPENSION TRAVEL AND SAFTEY TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION !THE UPPER CONTROL ARMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED WITH RE-DESIGNED "TUBULAR-STEEL" UPPER CONTROL ARMS, WITH THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS THAT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS THE UPPER ONES, ALSO RE-DESIGNED AND CORECTED TO MAXIUMIZE THE AMOUNT THAT THE SUSPENSION IS RAISED AND LOWERED TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION AND SO MODIFIED. BOTH THE FRONT AND THE REAR SUSPENSIONS USE "SLAM-BAGS"... ("THE BEST AIR-BAGS MADE TODAY"!) THE INTERIOR HAS BEEN TOTALLY "TRICKED-OUT" AS WELL WITH MEDIUM-COLORED, LIGHT-BLUE MATERIAL, THAT IS EXTENSIVELY EMBOSSED WITH HOT-FLAMES IN THE HEADLINER, DOOR PANNELS, AND THE REAR SHELF TOO... ! ALSO A TON OF BILLET ALUMINUM CUSTOM PARTS USED TO COMPLIMENT BOTH THE DASH AND DOOR PANNELS, AND HAS A CUSTOM ALL BILLET ALUMINUM FLAMED STEERING WHEEL, THAT THE TOP 1/2 OF THE GRIP RING HAS BEEN CUSTOM-COLORED TO MATCH THE SUBURBANS EXTERIOR PAINTWORK. IT'S AWESOME SHOW PAINT JOB IS A STUNNING USE OF COLORS, WITH A COBALT-BLUE CANDY COLORED BASE COAT WITH CHROMED,ICE-BLUE PEARL COLORED TRIBAL GRAPHICS DOWN BOTH SIDES ! THE ENGINE HAS BEEN CHROMED OUT AS WELL, BUT AS IS ALL THE DRIVE-TRAIN,LEFT TOTALLY-STOCK AND WITH ONLY APROX. 86000 "ORIGINAL" MILES ON IT SINCE NEW !(DRIVEN TO CHURCH AND BACK ON SUNDAYS, BY A SWEET LITTLE OLD LADY, WITH AN OCASIONAL STOP AT HER LOCAL LIQUER STORE,TO PICK UP MUCH NEEDED "DAILY" ESSENTIAL-ELIXORS,(FOR HER "BAD-BONES")I HAVE A "TON OF MONEY" TIED-UP IN MY RIDE, AND I AM BUILDING MY "TRICKED-OUT" NEW HARLEY, AND JUST DONT NEED BOTH OF THEM AND WILL SELL MY "RAD-RIDE" TO THE FIRST "LUCKY" PERSON TO SHOW UP WITH $20,000 $$$ CASH $$$ !...AND IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY IN FRONT OF ME...AND... IF YOU ARE "REAL-GOOD" AT "TALKIN-TURKEY" OR "JEWEN" ME DOWN ON MY ALREADY "SWEET-SELLIN" PRICE OF ONLY $20,000...MAYBE...JUST MAYBE... YOU CAN GET A EVEN "SWEETER" DEAL ON MY RIDE AND MAKE IT YOUR RIDE...! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS...CALL ME!... MICHAEL...@ (510)258-3370 ANYTIME ! 24/7 THANKS AGAIN ! Trades NOT ACCEPTED $$$ CASH $$$ Item Location: HAYWARD, CA PLEASE ! "PLEASE" CONTACT ME...IF YOU ARE TOTALLY SERIOUS... AND HAVE THE $$$ CASH $$$ ON HAND THAT IS REQUIRED TO PURCHASE MY SUBURBAN !... AND I PROMISE... I WON'T WASTE ANY... OF YOUR TIME, SO PLEASE...DON'T WASTE ANY OF MY TIME TOO ! I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ! MICHAEL...

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Internet_Wwwyzzerdd posted:

IF YOU ARE "REAL-GOOD" AT "TALKIN-TURKEY" OR "JEWEN" ME DOWN ON MY ALREADY "SWEET-SELLIN" PRICE OF ONLY $20,000...MAYBE...JUST MAYBE... YOU CAN GET A EVEN "SWEETER" DEAL ON MY RIDE AND MAKE IT YOUR RIDE...! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS...CALL ME!... MICHAEL...

"YOU"...SHOULD TRY..."JEWEN" HIM DOWN...SEE HOW "LOW"...HE'LL GO..."MAYBE"...

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

MrKatharsis posted:

"YOU"...SHOULD TRY..."JEWEN" HIM DOWN...SEE HOW "LOW"...HE'LL GO..."MAYBE"...

Results 1 - 10 of about 27 for "(510)258-3370"

Everyone of them is all caps.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

RealKyleH posted:

Results 1 - 10 of about 27 for "(510)258-3370"

Everyone of them is all caps.

Should call him and just yell every word.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Internet_Wwwyzzerdd posted:

I lost it when I read the part about an old lady driving this :krad: Suburban

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/902492165.html

this guy loving "ROCKS"

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

glyph posted:

"THIS GUY... loving "ROCKS""
Fixed.

Positive Housemouse
Jun 5, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Click link for pics. http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/903426032.html

quote:

Eclipse/ferrari 4 sale - $6000
need to get rid of the car im not working so no longer paying insurance & parking NEEDS TO GO!! make me an offer. price i have in mind is 6000 no low ballers.
95' eclipse with Ferrari body. swap motor about 55xxx. stock turbo. pop out doors. tv. fully custom interior. 5 speed stick drive. New Clutch. crazy music system dont call to see it if you dont have money. not here to waist my or anyones time.

theres a video of the car http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/P3NSANDo_EN_Tii/?action=view&current=CIMG4910.flv

contact number is- 1-347-207-5346. serious offers only plz. or email at Pookii3@tmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Click here for the full 915x613 image.

Heh, great idea bud. I really want your bike that you've been doing god knows what to.