Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Anyone end up going to FC FIVE/Ruiner/The Carrier/Living Hell in Brockton, MA?

FC5 put on one of the best shows I've ever seen, even if no one really knew them.

I had to leave before The Carrier/Ruiner sadly, but it was still worth it.. even if I did have to drive 3 hours home while it was raining so hard I could barely see and hadn't slept in around 36 hours.

Also, Brockton moshes hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

I wish I could make it to the Fest. It's such a tease for me. They're essentially telling me "oh, we're going to put every last one of your favorite bands on the same ticket. But, they're all going to play AS FAR AS POSSIBLE AWAY FROM WHERE YOU LIVE."

Bastards.

I have a friend who's going. I told him if I don't get some swag he's going to have problems.

Lately I've gotten on a Bad Religion, Descendents, Dag Nasty, and Black Flag kick. What else should I be listening to?
EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhQHN_scS0 Oh dear god why did Jason Mraz decide he should cover Blitzkrieg Bop?

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 29, 2008

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zeldadude posted:

Also, Brockton moshes hard.

I will never go to Brockton again for as long as I live.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Hey... I tried...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Competition posted:

The crazy diamond has found a new shine.

Oh man, that is quality loving crazy right there.

Also, I think I have found my new band name.

God Free Youth

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

caleb posted:

Hey... I tried...
Me too.

Click here for the full 1500x998 image.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is that Jane Doe? I'd love to see it lit up.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Me too.

Click here for the full 1500x998 image.

How much for shipping to Canada?

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Inspector_71 posted:

Is that Jane Doe? I'd love to see it lit up.

I didnt shave enough off to have it shine through, I havent tried yet though, if it works I'll post it.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Everybody that is going to The Fest, Ampere is playing a house show Saturday morning at 10. I figured I would let you guys know.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Competition posted:

He got jumped and beaten pretty badly a while back and has gone off the rails, I'll link to his blog because he is typing garbage in all caps-lock and it doesn't seem to end.

* Has found God
* Shaved his head
* Demands metal detectors at shows

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=10761309

The crazy diamond has found a new shine.

And is selling coffins with his dreads in for $150. Personally, I'm tempted.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Everybody that is going to The Fest, Ampere is playing a house show Saturday morning at 10. I figured I would let you guys know.

Also, if you're reading this (you're probably not) Algernon Cadawallader or however they spell it and Slingshot Dakota are playing a house show tomorrow (Sunday) at 10 AM.

And I've heard rumors of a secret show tomorrow night with one of the most popular bands here.

I don't wanna go blabbing addresses or "secret shows" that I'm not supposed to know about all over the internet, but IM me (AIM=Psychoanalyzing) for details or something.

PS Today was nuts. I love Gainesville at Fest-time.

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS
New Mind Eraser leaked

HEAVY. AS. gently caress.

holy poo poo

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Sirius Sam posted:

New Mind Eraser leaked

HEAVY. AS. gently caress.

holy poo poo

I got my record in the mail today. Totally stoked.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

acup posted:

I got my record in the mail today. Totally stoked.

cant wait for this! i hope mine comes soon too. i dont know if i got it on color or black so the suspense is killing me!

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Wasn't sure if I should have made a new thread for this, but:

quote:

We're very sorry to announce that founding member of The DESCENDENTS, and close friend Frank Navetta passed away on October 31, 2008 after becoming ill over the course of a few days. This is obviously a huge loss for the DESCENDENTS family. His contribution to the band, and to music in general can not be overstated. Frank will be truly missed. We will share information about memorial services when we find out.

http://www.punknews.org/article/31088

:(

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Terrible news, Milo Goes to College is probably my favorite album of all time. I must have listened to that every single day in high school.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Spin Milo in memory, folks

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Well, that's super depressing. Here's to Bikeage.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I think this thread's name has to get changed now.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Oh man, that's a shitter. I'll be listening to Milo today.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I honestly have no idea. Each time that I've seen them I wasn't completely into them besides maybe the lead singer, he has great stage presence.

They're worth checking out though in my opinion.

And oh my god, it looks like the Fall of Troy have finally decided to actually release 'Phantom on the Horizon' that they'll be selling on their next tour with #12, Warship and Black Houses.

It's about god drat time.

Seriously, I'm gonna need someone that is going to one of their shows to buy a copy for me - doubt that they'll swing by Denmark soon.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Punknews.org posted:

Narrows, which includes Dave Verellen (Botch, Roy), Rob Moran (Unbroken, Some Girls), Ryan Fredereksen (These Arms Are Snakes), Jodie Cox (Tropics, Bullet Union), and Sam Stothers (Makeout Boys, Quarantine), have completed work on their debut full length:

The album is now officially completed. It was mastered this past Friday by Matt Bayles and we are very excited for everyone to hear it. We will be posting a track from the album in a few weeks, and hope you all enjoy it. We are finalizing the album name and will begin on artwork soon. We had wanted to get this out before the end of the year, but this whole distance thing can get a bit complicated at times. It would have been nice to tour one something besides a 7", but what can you do, it's punk rock right? We think the record will now be released around March-ish.

The band will be hitting the road with These Arms Are Snakes and Trap Them this December.

Oh hell yes. I'm stoked beyond belief for this because it's the closest thing to Botch we'll get to hear again.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

gently caress, I wish I would have known about that earlier. They loving killed at their show on Saturday.

I think my favorite band that I saw was Algernon Cadwallader. The guys I stayed with all loved them and they showed me some of their stuff and it wasn't bad, but their show totally blew me away. And apparently they just lost their drummer so they weren't even at their best. If anyone's a fan of the midwest emo, Cap'n Jazz type sound I'd definitely recommend checking them out.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

All I know is that Hour of the Wolf put on one hell of a show. Probably my favorite show that I saw at The Fest, them or Comadre. I also bought my first vinyl (XBRAINIAX/No Comply split) and cassette tape (Dead Radical Target Practice). I'm stoked for both of them.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005
servant to the red and blue, the green, yellow and white
Fest was great. If we're just namedropping secret shows, my favorite was the hotel room show Sunday night with Andrew Jackson Jihad, Porches, Bridge and Tunnel, and Bomb the Music Industry acoustic sets. The Ampere house show was great, and I was really happy to finally see Wingnut Dishwasher's Union at some gross punk house. As far as the actual fest shows, Cheeky and Comadre really killed it, and the Ergs went out on a good note. It's a shame that the Venue is so big, but I guess that's what happens when you get thousands of people that like the same music together.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

Fest was great. If we're just namedropping secret shows, my favorite was the hotel room show Sunday night with Andrew Jackson Jihad, Porches, Bridge and Tunnel, and Bomb the Music Industry acoustic sets. The Ampere house show was great, and I was really happy to finally see Wingnut Dishwasher's Union at some gross punk house. As far as the actual fest shows, Cheeky and Comadre really killed it, and the Ergs went out on a good note. It's a shame that the Venue is so big, but I guess that's what happens when you get thousands of people that like the same music together.

Did they end up playing that "secret show" I heard rumors about by the pool at the Holiday Inn where registration one? I didn't even go out on Sunday because I was so thrashed from Saturday.

Also didn't end up going to ANY house show, though I heard Andrew Jackson Jihad on Friday night got shut down by cops on horseback due to riots or some poo poo. People were apparently car-surfing and all manner of things.

My Saturday was pretty rad though. The Measure[sa], Armalite, Lemuria, Slingshot Dakota, Pink Razors...almost all girl-fronted bands.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Paper Triangle posted:

Also didn't end up going to ANY house show, though I heard Andrew Jackson Jihad on Friday night got shut down by cops on horseback due to riots or some poo poo. People were apparently car-surfing and all manner of things.

That is the same thing that happened at the Paint It Black parking lot show Friday night, I did get a change to stage dive(?) off of a U-Haul before it was stopped though.

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Paper Triangle posted:

Did they end up playing that "secret show" I heard rumors about by the pool at the Holiday Inn where registration one? I didn't even go out on Sunday because I was so thrashed from Saturday.

My Saturday was pretty rad though. The Measure[sa], Armalite, Lemuria, Slingshot Dakota, Pink Razors...almost all girl-fronted bands.

As far as I know the Ergs secret show didn't happen. Mikey Erg was at the hotel room show so I know I didn't miss it. There wasn't an AJJ house show on Friday, they didn't get in to Gainesville until Saturday. And the house show that night wasn't shut down I'm pretty sure. It was really obnoxious however (crowdwise). Saturday ruled so hard though, between the Kickstand and the Atlantic, I got to see a lot of my favorite hardcore and folk punk bands.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I also bought my first vinyl (XBRAINIAX/No Comply split)

Hope you dig it man! That Dead Radical tape kills too. Such a great band. I gotta get their new split LP!

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Hope you dig it man! That Dead Radical tape kills too. Such a great band. I gotta get their new split LP!

Ive enjoyed every second of it. It is so good. I feel like a total moron for saying this but Im in love with your band.

MrWhite
Nov 3, 2004
"War is god's way of teaching Americans Geography."
-Ambrose Bierce
Seconding Hour of the Wolf and Comadre as probably tops as far as shows. Ampere was loving awesome as well.

Stephen getting swarmed during Woodlawn and falling over the drummer was pretty intense.

The Atlantic on Saturday and Market Street on Sunday were pretty awesome.

Also, Leatherface.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I heard the Ergs were putting out one last EP, That's It...Bye, at Fest or at their last show at the very latest. Confirm/deny

BRAIN HANDLE
Jun 8, 2005

Dickeye posted:

I heard the Ergs were putting out one last EP, That's It...Bye, at Fest or at their last show at the very latest. Confirm/deny

It's a 3 song 12". It was available at Fest and probably online soon.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

As far as I know the Ergs secret show didn't happen. Mikey Erg was at the hotel room show so I know I didn't miss it. There wasn't an AJJ house show on Friday, they didn't get in to Gainesville until Saturday. And the house show that night wasn't shut down I'm pretty sure. It was really obnoxious however (crowdwise). Saturday ruled so hard though, between the Kickstand and the Atlantic, I got to see a lot of my favorite hardcore and folk punk bands.

I guess I was misinformed then, and it was some other house show Friday night.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

The Ergs last show is on the 15th in Asbury Park. I'll hopefully be able to make it. Any other goons in the area showing up?

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

That AJJ house show was pretty rad, though, with how they were able to more or less keep the noise down. Spoonboy in that chick's backyard was really neat too. I left before AJJ got done playing though. As soon as the tow truck showed up I was like "I don't really want to get my car towed" and left.

Speaking of shows that kicked my rear end, The Holy Mountain was absolutely ridiculous. I got jumped on by kids like five times. loving crazy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Does anybody know anything about why Johhny Truant is breaking up? I'm not too big on them but I've always thought they were pretty decent.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Does anybody know anything about why Johhny Truant is breaking up? I'm not too big on them but I've always thought they were pretty decent.

I don't care what everyone thinks about them or metalcore, they played some badass tunes and their last album was amazing combined with :420:. Anyway, I saw them play back in September and they seemed pretty stoked about the CD and playing in Canada when we talked to them at the merch table and they said they'd like to come back, so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Anyone see Chris Wollard's solo set during the Fest? I'm curious as to what the solo stuff sounds like.