Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
just came back from the acacia strain show. loving insane. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Insane as in they were good, it was a good show, there were a poo poo ton of scene kids running around in flatbills and clean as poo poo nikes? I MUST KNOW!

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
yes
and I hit my head really hard on the ceiling during jfc :(.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I saw ETID and The Bronx in Monteal this past weekend and somebody managed to jump from the stage without me noticing, and hit me in the head hard enough to knock my hat off.

My neck still hurts :smith:

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aHzvumhzQ

Dillinger Four playing A Jingle for the Product at the Fest 7

Erik looks so drat happy to finally be playing new stuff in front of a really appreciative audience you can tell he's legitimately excited, especially from around ~:38-1:08 :unsmith:

Whilst farting I fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 8, 2008

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Inspector_71 posted:

I saw ETID and The Bronx in Monteal this past weekend and somebody managed to jump from the stage without me noticing, and hit me in the head hard enough to knock my hat off.

My neck still hurts :smith:

saw them here in ottawa. I can't stand etid on record but they put on a good show. Everyone was dancing to the bronx it was hella fun. I was there for stick to your guns mostly and was disapointed, besides this is more, they kinda sucked.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
If I am crazy obsessed with The Ergs! and The Unlovables right now who else should I check out? The Ergs! has been a long-term thing but just now getting into The Unlovables.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

I saw Bridge and Tunnel last night in some kid's basement. I can't believe how good they are live. I was just standing there with my mouth wide open the entire set.

Paper Triangle posted:

If I am crazy obsessed with The Ergs! and The Unlovables right now who else should I check out? The Ergs! has been a long-term thing but just now getting into The Unlovables.
Check out The Used Kids. Mikey from the Ergs! plays drums for them. Also recommend the Steinways

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A hundred times yes the Steinways. Missed The Boat is one of my favorite albums. 20 tracks, 21 minutes, 100 percent perfect.
Also check out Teenage Bottlerocket and maybe some Copyrights.

Steve Beans
Jan 3, 2004

Whilst farting I posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aHzvumhzQ

Dillinger Four playing A Jingle for the Product at the Fest 7

Erik looks so drat happy to finally be playing new stuff in front of a really appreciative audience you can tell he's legitimately excited, especially from around ~:38-1:08 :unsmith:

Apart from having my neck nearly snapped by a crowdsurfer being dropped onto my head from behind at a terrible angle, this show was insanely fun. Songs off of CIVIL WAR are still great live, even if the album itself isn't as good as older ones. I was really hoping the part where Paddy stopped the song and lectured some kid about stagediving at the correct time, and then built up the song to its climax and told the kid when to jump was in one of the videos, but I couldn't find it. I didn't think I'd like The Venue much either, but it was really fun in the pit.

Paper Triangle posted:

For Science are great and along the same lines as the Ergs but with more variation. Also Dear Landlord, who share members with the Copyrights and unfortunately only have like 5 songs recorded but are coming out with a full length soon.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you get a Visa gift card and decide to order stuff from Interpunk with it, don't. I have to wait for a guy at another forum who works there to get back to me, or for the official response as to why my card was declined.
This is pretty bullshit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Insane as in they were good, it was a good show, there were a poo poo ton of scene kids running around in flatbills and clean as poo poo nikes? I MUST KNOW!

Do these sort of kids get beatdown at decent shows?
I always assumed it was kinda like that in the US.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

A5H posted:

I'm in canada but we usually respect people? And I rather have a show full of kids in dunks and flatbills than neck tattoos trying to start poo poo with everyone.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
My new band just recorded a 4 song demo with our friend Alex at Earth Capital in Los Angeles.

fans of jesus lizard, pissed jeans, harkonen, these arms are snakes might be interested.

https://www.myspace.com/badlovers

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

A5H posted:

They usually dont get into fights but I just expected there to be a ton of them at an Acacia Strain show, you know, the tough guy crowd.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Last night I saw Trash Talk, Alpha & Omega, Run With the Hunted, few other locals in Phoenix.

Really fun shows, and from what I hear there has been tons of trash talk on Trash Talk lately, but those guys are really cool and pretty drama free, not really the rear end in a top hat broish types a lot of people make them out to be.

Fun loving show.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
No Idea put up whatever they had left from the Fest pressing of Hawks and Doves' new 7'. I recommend you all buy it and support this awesome man.

Also, saw Lemuria and Screaming Females at some house show in Baltimore the other day, loving sweet. Hopefully I'll be able to make the Aquabats in DC and the Bronx in Towson next week.

orangeaid
Jan 8, 2007
yeah boy
Seen Have Heart, Blacklisted, Let Down, and Ceremony last night. Ceremony was pretty good as usual, Have Heart and Blacklisted were really boring, but holy poo poo that was my second time seeing Let Down and they are absolutely my favorite band to see live now. Bummed me out though because there was a few hundred people there and only a dozen or so showed any response at all to what was easily the best performance of the night.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

orangeaid posted:

Seen Have Heart, Blacklisted, Let Down, and Ceremony last night. Ceremony was pretty good as usual, Have Heart and Blacklisted were really boring, but holy poo poo that was my second time seeing Let Down and they are absolutely my favorite band to see live now. Bummed me out though because there was a few hundred people there and only a dozen or so showed any response at all to what was easily the best performance of the night.

have heart boring? Weird.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

Paper Triangle posted:

Screeching Weasel circa 1993

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

No Idea put up whatever they had left from the Fest pressing of Hawks and Doves' new 7'. I recommend you all buy it and support this awesome man.

I just ordered one. Thanks for the notice. I was just listening to The Fest Compilation that they put out online, and I was like "Why does this sound so familiar?" and then I looked it up online, and it all made sense. I checked out their MySpace, and he seems pretty down about PMFS not being around anymore.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Screeching Weasel circa 1993

Is that My Brain Hurts, or is that Boogada? Either way, you're good to go.
And if you like that, the Queers' Love Songs for the Retarded

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
I was never that into boogada but it has its merits. As a teenager I listened to more screeching weasel than is probably humanly possible (or recommendable). I first identified as a punk after hearing some friends' band (that i later joined) cover "what we hate." I don't really listen to them for any length of time, but liked most of the stuff they put out, excepting a few:

bark like a dog (awful)
teen punks in heat (i think i listened to it once way after the band's novelty wore off)

I even like anthem for a new tomorrow, which is cheesy as poo poo but cute in its own sort of way. I think listening to them was more of a right place/right time than anything else - I was an angsty teenage boy who wanted to fall in love with girls all the time and all that. I know people nearing 30 who still have the same relationship with pop punk, it kind of grosses me out but I don't judge.

A few months ago a few friends and I had a punk rock retrospective where we played records that were important in one way or another and talked about our experiences with them... pop punk was our earliest exposure and we had to fight our way out of mid-90's lookout to even get to the 2nd half of the decade... we decided that vindictives were still undeniably awesome and listened to Drunk and Disorderly volume 1. If you are punk, have friends who punk (and share mutual experience with them) I fully recommend having a punk rock retrospective.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have punk retrospectives every time I give my friend a ride home. We end up cycling through London Calling, Ramones, Queers, Weasel, and next time I'm going to get her to put on Descendents.
She doesn't like Descendents
I cite this as the reason that I don't want to be more than friends

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Dickeye posted:

She doesn't like Descendents
I cite this as the reason that I don't want to be more than friends

It is pretty much required for any girl that I get involved with has to at least (AT LEAST) love the Descendents. It's a loving requirement.

Anyway, http://www.vinylcollective.com/under-the-influence-series/. All of these look great. I've already ordered the first 3, and definitely planning on getting the rest.

Surprisingly, Mustard Plug's cover of Waiting Room isn't horrendous. It's by no means great, but I was thoroughly surprised.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh no I mean I could live with "Eh they're alright I guess"
She straight up hates them. If we hadn't been like ten miles from her house at 1 AM I would've made her walk the rest of the way home after she said that.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

orangeaid posted:

Have Heart and Blacklisted were so much fun in Kansas City, so I don't know what to tell you. And thats apparently after Blacklisted had driven 30 hours.

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

orangeaid posted:

Detroit?

I didn't think Blacklisted or Have Heart were boring. To be honest, I thought Let Down was the most boring band I've seen in a long time. But I guess it doesn't help I just straight up don't like Let Down at all. :shobon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I keep hearing Blacklisted puts on a loving awesome show and it saddens me whenever I think back to that one show they were supposed to play here in Canada a few months ago and they were blacklisted from crossing the border. :smith:

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS
Does anyone know the full story behind that? I remember when it happened, but I never heard why.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
They were smuggling explosives for Quebecois seditionary rebels.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

A lot of bands from Canada and US have trouble crossing over. I see something on b9 every single month about some random band tour getting chopped in half.

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS
Is there some universal reason for that? Or does it just depend on how border patrol is feeling that day?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Sirius Sam posted:

Is there some universal reason for that? Or does it just depend on how border patrol is feeling that day?

they don't get work permits and are bad liars?

Skullthrone
Jun 18, 2008

by elpintogrande
Just got back from Gaslight Anthem / Thrice / Akaline Trio / Rise Against, it was a great show. Gaslight was good, but their sound was all hosed up so it just sounded muddy, which is pretty hard to do since the Fillmore Denver has pretty bad sound to begin with.

Thrice was really good, played Deadbolt and Artist in the Ambulance, along with some stuff of of Vheissu and the Alchemy Index albums.

Alkaline Trio was great too, except for some technical problems with a guitar and one of the mics. They played a bunch of stuff off of Goddammit which was awesome - they also finished with This Could Be Love off of Good Mourning, which is probably one of my favorite songs, so that was cool.

Rise Against was awesome, people just went batshit insane. It's pretty cool to see giant circle pits and a thousand people pogoing together. They played a couple songs off their new album, Hero of War and Collapse, but mostly stuck to their older stuff and of course their radio hits. They finished with The Good Left Undone and the place loving exploded.

If you can catch the tour, it's worth it. Even in a venue with lovely sound it was a good experience.

orangeaid
Jan 8, 2007
yeah boy

Sirius Sam posted:

Detroit?

I didn't think Blacklisted or Have Heart were boring. To be honest, I thought Let Down was the most boring band I've seen in a long time. But I guess it doesn't help I just straight up don't like Let Down at all. :shobon:

They certainly didn't suck or anything, I just had a hard time getting into it that night. It probabaly didn't help that I don't like hthltg and haven't even heard songs to scream at the sun all the way through yet.

were you at swamp thing at the static age, by chance?

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

orangeaid posted:

They certainly didn't suck or anything, I just had a hard time getting into it that night. It probabaly didn't help that I don't like hthltg and haven't even heard songs to scream at the sun all the way through yet.

were you at swamp thing at the static age, by chance?

Nah, I wish I could've made it. How was it?

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Dickeye posted:

Is that My Brain Hurts, or is that Boogada? Either way, you're good to go.
And if you like that, the Queers' Love Songs for the Retarded

1993 looks like Anthem for a New Tomorrow. Is that still good or should I go with Boogada or My Brain Hurts?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paper Triangle posted:

1993 looks like Anthem for a New Tomorrow. Is that still good or should I go with Boogada or My Brain Hurts?

Go with My Brain Hurts, then Anthem, then Wiggle.
My Brain Hurts is easily the best of the three. Then move onto that Queers album, and then uhhh some Mr T Experience, Love Is Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I met a guy last night wearing a Have Heart hoodie who looked disgusted when I said that "Songs To Scream At The Sun" was a fantastic album. I don't think I like that fellow :colbert: