Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

1973 240Z. Crappy cell phone pic because I broke my digital camera. L28ET, Tokico Illuminas, ST Springs, ST sways, ZG Flares, Motegi Tracklite II's, currently getting Megasquirt treatment. Hoping to have her running again next weekend! I also have a polyurethane front end that I am supposed to put on it sometime.

Behind it is an '89 BMW 530si that a buddy and I are slapping together for a $1000 autocross competition next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
E30 patrol.

1988 325iX (european import), 110,000 miles, cirrusblau metallic.

1998 Civic LX, 145000km, the horrendous honda "not quite blue or green" colour, dreadully boring.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!

numba1wonga posted:

This is a great shot. Got any more of that trail/car?

Absolutely! Here's the rest of my group heading under that obstacle...

'79 CJ-5 "Droopy", 304, the most modified Jeep in our group.

'04 LJ 4.0 (LWB Unlimited) -- Later in the day, he managed to get the worst trail damage of our whole group by hitting a branch that stuck out over the trail with his fender. The only way it could've been more embarrassing was if he got stuck doing it, which he ended up doing later when he perched his rear diff on a tree stump and had to winch it off. :laffo:

'95 XJ 4.0, 2" lift, 29-30" tires or something. This little bastard is amazingly capable for what it is.

My YJ, back when it had 35" tires, about to get stuck on that rock out in central Oregon. :v: This was at the "hole in the ground" south of Bend. The trail narrowed quite a bit past the CJ (in the background), so we decided to turn around. It was an adventure.

And finally, parking lot shot, about a week after I bought it.

Ok that should be enough pictures. :)

That fallen tree obstacle in Tillamook State Forest was recently used in an ad for the Toyota FJ Cruiser. I saw the ad about 2 days after the first time we drove under it, it was pretty cool considering how many other obstacles there are out there.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 15, 2008

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy
Not enough creepy Japanese/European hybrids.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

ohstone
Jul 5, 2007
My phone ate my liver!
2001 Ford ZX2. 145k on the clock and still going strong. Not pictured recent deer damage.

DevilDog
May 1, 2002

My weekend ride...
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT Laramie
5.9 liter Magnum engine
Power everything fully loaded

My daily driver is a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT. Gas mileage in the Neon is around 30mpg, and in the Ram I get about 10-12mpg. But since gas prices have been going down, I've been driving the truck more often. Man I miss the power of that 5.9 liter!!

Blackdawgg
May 8, 2004
2007 GTi w/DSG 14,500 miles. Nothing done to it yet. Planning on stage 1 after Xmas.

Waiting impatiently for the new OEM RNS-510 navigation unit to come below $2000.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Yee-haw. '84 Crown Vic, photographed in Paris (Texas), currently down with a dead water pump and leaky brake hose.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

sl0hburn posted:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Color me jealous (running stock). Got it dyno'd?

Not yet. I live in BFE and there is nowhere nearby to get it done.

I'm not really going to do anything else with it performance wise. Just wanted to do a few basic things.

Edit: If I kill you and steal your Brembos, I apologize to your family. That and a 6MT are the two things my car is missing...

Rubiks Pubes fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 15, 2008

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Blackdawgg posted:

2007 GTi w/DSG 14,500 miles. Nothing done to it yet. Planning on stage 1 after Xmas.

Waiting impatiently for the new OEM RNS-510 navigation unit to come below $2000.

Is that Westside Volkswagen in Minnesota?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Guess the car:

My wagon with the two other Nissans in the family:

Dragobich
Jan 5, 2001

My '01 M3 and '98 golf behind it.

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

dissss posted:

Guess the car:

Avenir.

That's quite a fleet you have, sir.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

99 XJ

97 XJ

2002 Crown Vic Sport

:patriot:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
1989 XJ, stock until I'm sure it'll pass smog next spring.

2006 DRZ400SM, will likely result in the loss of my license.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

1998 ZJ 5.9. 4" lift, on miss-matched 31's (thank you PO).
Needs to have the trans rebuilt, but a great vehicle other than that. Could be a bit better on fuel. DD.

1988 Dodge shadow ES. Planned DD for next year, pending a build of a 2.2 I have sitting around.

1974 Yamaha RD200A. 95% restored. I have a set of ported cylinders, Micron expansion chambers, and a pair of YZ80 carbs to go on this thing to "liven" it up, as much as you can to this anemic little thing. drat thing won me $1500 in a competition in our school district. Not bad for a High School senior.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

dissss posted:

Guess the car:

Are you in Australia or New Zealand?
I take it they are elegible for import under SEVS? Or was that a personal import?

Who did you import it through? Is this car based on the ATTESSA U13 Bluebird?

Sorry for that wall of questions :(

edit: actually don't worry, I just read the wiki article and noticed the SR20DET models only come in automatic.

Back to chasing a Caldina it is then.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Lilbeefer posted:

Are you in Australia or New Zealand?
I take it they are elegible for import under SEVS? Or was that a personal import?

Who did you import it through? Is this car based on the ATTESSA U13 Bluebird?

Sorry for that wall of questions :(

edit: actually don't worry, I just read the wiki article and noticed the SR20DET models only come in automatic.

Back to chasing a Caldina it is then.

I'm in New Zealand - the only restrictions on Japanese imports in that they must meet frontal impact standards (basically means 96+ with dual airbags). I believe some type of emission standards are being bought in at some point, but that's not finalised yet.

TBH I'd have got a Caldina regardless of transmission, but the Nissan was about 2/3rds the price.

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

Blackdawgg posted:

It'll be worth the wait - it's a great system.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

97 BMW 540i6. Picture is from before I bought it and I've owned it for a year now. Before that i had a 93 BMW 325i. I've replaced the belts, 4 new Blizzaks, fog light, and replaced the clutch after a seized pressure plate. Tint is coming and no mods planned. I'm not a fan of the wheels/front bumper/headlights though...

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.
The present to myself for finishing school and getting a job

2008 VW GTI

All it has right now is an SRI and a chip. Awaiting spring so I can lower it, better wheels, RSB, and finish blacking it out. I know it's really cliche but god drat I love blacked out cars.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
'05 Nissan Altima SE-R. Nismo intake/ exhaust.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

2003 Toyota Celica T-sport, all stock.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I did every mod during the summer, this way over the winter I can't enjoy any of them.

heres my ricer mod list
----
CT-Engineering Supercharger,
Buddy Club Header with 3" extended flex pipe from second o2 sensor forward,
3" mandrel bent exhaust with Borla center Resonator/Axel Back,
Fujita SRI with AEM "big filter"
17x8.5 +30 Enkei RPF1's/215/40 Yokohama Parada ps2's.
Skunk 2 rear camber arms,
Function/Form Type-II Coilovers.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

2x UZZ31 Soarers -

The daily...

The track thrasher

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 5, 2011

Perfect Gentleman
Mar 15, 2007
91 Toyota Soarer 1.5jz 5 speed manual

86 Toyota Starlet Turbo S

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Technically not my ride yet, as it's currently in a container ship that left Japan 12 days ago and will arrive in the UK around mid-January. But since I've paid for it that does mean it belongs to me.

1993 Nissan Cefiro SE-4 (E-LNA31 for the JDM doriftu crowd) This is the AWD version with the same ATESSA-ETS system as the Skyline GTS-4 and GT-R, which is to say it's 100% RWD until you gently caress up and then it moves some power to the front wheels, it also has the RB20DET engine same as the Skyline GTS-4, it's relatively easy to swap in an RB25DET and with some work the GT-R's RB26DETT will go in.

There's very few Cefiros in the UK, they are mainly brought over by drifters as the RWD versions are cheap and good for drifting due to their weight balance, the problem with buying a used one from Japan is the RWD versions are also used as cheap drift cars by the Japanese too, my one as well as being AWD is also an automatic so is unlikely to have been drifted. It also only has 28,000 kms on the clock (18,000 miles). At the time of buying there were only two other SE-4s for sale in Japan and there's a good chance I'll have the only SE-4 in the UK.

It shares a lot of parts with the S13 180SX (240SX to you Americans) and the Skyline, most of the parts from these cars are interchangeable and also interchangeable with newer Nissans, when it arrives it's going to get 300ZX Z32 brakes pretty much straight away as the S13 brakes it comes with are pathetic. I'm probably going to get a custom exhaust put on it, with instructions given to keep the twin peashooter look and to try and keep the noise down as I don't want it to sound like a Civic with a fart cannon

I'm going to leave the bodywork well alone except see if that Nissan badge is removable just leaving the Cefiro text, Cefiro badge and SE-4 badge on the back, this is mainly for the WTF factor as it wont say Nissan anywhere on the car. It's going to make a nice sleeper I think. Future plans are to find the engine and drivetrain from a C34 Nissan Stagea RS-Four, which is to say an RB25DET and a stronger automatic gearbox (unless it turns out that the Cefiro and Stagea share the same gearbox in which case just an RB25DET will do). Of course by the time I do this my job may well have changed and I can go back to a manual again since I wont be driving stupid miles.

In the meantime, this is my current ride:

It's a 1991 Volvo 940 GL that I picked up for £275 (about $350) that price is basically the car's value as scrap metal plus the money you'd get from cashing in the 6 months road tax that was still on the car. It also has an MOT (UK safety inspection) that lasts until March which is fine as I'll have my Cefiro by then. It probably wont pass it's next MOT.

There's not much to say about this car, it's not very comfortable, the suspension is terrible, the handling is terrible (mainly because the previous owner put lovely tyres on it I suspect) and for some reason I can't get the glovebox to open, (yes I've unlocked it). However it was cheap and it will keep on running despite the fact that the PO crossthreaded a spark plug and now it wont go in all the way and the oil separator is completely clogged. It's also losing antifreeze somewhere, but I've had the coolant system pressure tested and it's not leaking even though I've seen it pissing water after a high speed motorway run.

Ultimately I don't care, once I have the Cefiro I'll either scrap the Volvo or sell it cheap. If it snows in January I might find a local car park and take it drifting since it's RWD and I don't care if I crash it into a lamppost.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
1997 Honda Accord. 2.2L 4 cylinder, auto.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w24/sa_bones/Cars/Honda.jpg
Right now since I am in school the only plans I have for her is to install HID lights, change the wheels for nicer ones, and get the interior detailed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
1991 Mazda Capella, 1.8, 5 speed. The list of things that are wrong with it is as long as my arm, and I'm currently shopping for a replacement. For a $1000 car though it's been incredibly reliable, especially considering the way I've treated it.

Looking for a decent manual non-turbo mid 90's subaru to replace it with, and having a hard time finding one

yes it's a crap photo of the car but it's the only one I can find

GET EM SLUGGER
Jun 1, 2002

b0nes posted:

Right now since I am in school the only plans I have for her is to install HID lights, change the wheels for nicer ones, and get the interior detailed.
:can:

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

ROFLBOT posted:

2x UZZ31 Soarers -

Perfect Gentleman posted:

91 Toyota Soarer 1.5jz 5 speed manual

Sorry about the crappy cellphone picture, I just had this delivered on Saturday.

It's a 1997 with 1JZ-GTE swap, but I'm in Texas. :)

Also pictured is my w202 Mercedes on Monoblock II's.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

:can:

Tell me about it. I purchased some at the LA Auto show, and I can't get them installed, the company won't return any of my calls or emails. Seems I am out $125.

Lazor
Sep 9, 2004
Picked up my new ride about 2 weeks ago with 8 miles on it and just rolled over 1000 miles this weekend. Feels and handles great, can't wait to take it to the autox in January. Now I just have to find a good home for the SAABaru.

Eb
May 6, 2003

Lazor posted:

Picked up my new ride about 2 weeks ago with 8 miles on it and just rolled over 1000 miles this weekend. Feels and handles great, can't wait to take it to the autox in January. Now I just have to find a good home for the SAABaru.
I think you're feeding it too much.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Here's my 99 Infiniti G20 that I have re-badged to a Nissan Primera

And my old rice bucket, a 88 Honda Prelude

savesthedayrocks fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 15, 2008

Ravens_Edge
Oct 11, 2003

Lacus Clyne, one of the few self unwrapping Christmas presents.
My daily 07 FJ Cruiser

the toy 48 willys overland CJ2A

protmind
Dec 25, 2007
2006 Honda S2000, with about 12,000 miles.

It's winter now, so it will be sitting in the garage until March or so.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

That's me on the left. Note 30 horsepower cold air intake. Only mod so far, but plans are in the works for headers (with side pipes!), new bumpstick, and a light shot of dat noss, maybe 50-75hp. Also springing for some rimz and a drop, along with some cosmetic changes.

So yeah, 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona, 1 of 11,000+ of the total (why would Chrysler tell us exactly how many?). I do know it's 1 of 955 Go ManGo regular cab 2wd's, and there's far fewer with factory Trac-Loc, like mine. 345hp, 375tq, and a big, obnoxious, totally useless, all metal wing.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

02 WRX, 104k, Cobb Stage 2 (Cobb turboback + AP) + some other bolt-ons :), 15% tint, debadged rear, painted sideskirts, yellow fogs, Rota Tarmac II for spring/summer, orange BBS for winter, stock height (but soon to be on a Tanabe GF210/KYB AGX combo), whiteline rear strut and sway bars. Interior is simple with a Kartboy SS + bushings, Prosport Boost/EGT/Oil pressure gauges in the factory Subaru gauge pod. I just finished Plasti-Dipping my silver interior trim for the black S202 look. Very happy with how it came out. Next in line for install is my AEM UEGO wideband gauge in an MB corner pod. The only other things that I installed recently are Rallyarmor mudflaps and STi CF corner markers. I only have one picture of these after install, but it's a lovely one my friend took and edited:

You get the idea.

I love this car. My next will be a Forester 2.5XT/FXT (if I can find one). I'll be keeping the bugeye for an EJ207 + PPG swap.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.

protmind posted:

2006 Honda S2000, with about 12,000 miles.

It's winter now, so it will be sitting in the garage until March or so.
What? You don't wanna learn how to drift?