Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
Not enough BMW!

1994 325i. Only "mods" are e46 wheels and a speed dent in the fender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whakcre
Oct 25, 2005

Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

xxn1927 posted:

My '82 Dodge Aries Wagon. What can I say? Girls love bench seats!

So far the car has actually made more money then I've spent on it this year.

2.6l Mitsubishi Astron HEMI producing a staggering 114HP. Coming close to 130k miles on the clock.

yeah you know what's up. I wish I had that engine.

'83 Plymouth Reliant, bought it with 50k and now it has 70k on the odometer.

My brother was selling some extra wheels that came with his Integra, so while we waited for the dude to show up we rolled them in front of my car for a funny picture. It has random small problems occasionally that are cheap as hell to fix. It was in excellent condition but sadly it's starting to rust quite a bit underneath. $700 and I plan on owning it until it dies

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Entropicus posted:

I dont have the fog covers on anymore and the headlights are painted white to match the car.

Mods
PERFORMANCE
Deadbolt Enterprises Monster TD04
(Ported and polished TD04 with 5 degree clip)
BPM turboback exhaust w/jet hot coated DP
IC splitter
MRT Inlet pipe
TXS intake pod
Helix uppipe
Kartboy short throw shifter/with bushings+Kartboy knuckleball
STi Group N:
Tranny mount
Engine mount
Pitch stop mount
Sun Auto Blue Hyperground kit
Radiator shroud
Goodridge SS brake lines
American Motorsports blue lightweight crank and alternator pullies
MRT 12lb flywheel
RA gearset Cryoed and micropoished with stock final drive

EXTERIOR
17" Steel grey Rota Battles wrapped in 225/45/17 Sumitomos
OEM upgrade sideskirts
STi grill w/rally blue "I" emblem
Billet WRX front bumper cover
Clear sidemarkers
05 style tailights
CATZ HID's

SUSPENSION
KYB AGX 4 way adjustable struts
Tein S-tech springs
STi rear strut bar
STi front strut bar
Whiteline rear sway bar
Helix endlinks
Whiteline front sway bar

INTERIOR
Autometer Ultra lite boost gauge
Autometer Ultra lite EGT gauge(not installed)
Autometer Ultra lite A/F gauge (not installed)
Viper alarm
Pioneer DEH-P7800MP 50w X 4(Full color LCD)headunit with Ipod module+4GB Ipod
2 12" 1000w Punch HX2 subs w/remote gain
Explod 4 channel 240w amp
Punch 400x amp
Alpine SPS-13CS 175w peak 2 way 5.25inch in the rear doors
Alpine SPR-175 330w peak 2 way 6.5 inch in the front doors

So how much faster are you than a stock wrx in your autox class?

not black enough fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 16, 2008

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

not black enough posted:

So how much faster are you than a stock wrx in your autox class?

Guessing by the tires, I'd say slower.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

destructo posted:

Are you worried about losing any structural integrity? I'd just paint em myself for the time being until I could afford something else, rattlecan paintjobs on wheels usually turn out reasonable.

What do you mean regarding structural integrity? The wheels aren't rusty at all (nothing rusts in AZ). I know a rattlecan paintjob can come out well - I'm pretty sure the current paint on them is a rattlecan job my dad did when he bought the wheels in 1990 - but it doesn't hold up well to brake dust. I'm hoping that powder will resist brake dust stains better than spraypaint did...and even if it doesn't, well, I'm going for a dark gray anyway :)

jhcain posted:

For burning fuel, rubber and money

The last one there is a 1969 Torino GT. Originally a 351W with auto trans, drum brakes and a bench seat.

Its latest incarnation has a 414ci stroker, computer controlled automatic trans, all new suspension and 4 wheel wilwood brakes. A set of factory bucket seats in the new interior. Still searching for a factory console. I've added a wideband air/fuel controller with data logging to get the carb dialed in, but I suspect I'll move to fuel injection before getting that perfect.

gently caress that is HOT. You should post more, especially about that.

notfred
Dec 1, 2005

These seem to be popular on here.

'07, DSG, 20k miles (but the picture is over a year old). It still looks exactly the same, except that it's got a roof rack on it now.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

wwb posted:

Here's a side view too. Look at the motherfucking wheels.

Christine feels better now.

That is a great looking car. IMO the E39 is the last BMW that still looked genuinely classy. When I get rid of my current E46 it'll be a tough choice between a 2006 330i ZHP or a 2003 530i. Hopefully by then I might be able to afford both.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

The wife's 1999 Volvo V70

My 1987 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5

Guess I like wagons.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

warwick5s posted:

I used to carry a ridiculous amount of bass gear in my 240SX. Upright + 112 cab and head + stool, or an SWR 6x10 speaker cab + two basses + six space rack. Surprisingly great cars for hauling stuff.

Helps that my gear is all markbass but yeah, suprisingly easy to get a heap of stuff in there. Would be easier if I made the speakers in the parcel shelf easier to disconnect, along with moving the amp off the back of the rear seats.

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!

notfred posted:

These seem to be popular on here.

'07, DSG, 20k miles (but the picture is over a year old). It still looks exactly the same, except that it's got a roof rack on it now.

Those wheels would look like poo poo on ANY other car, but for some strange they look amazing on GTIs, couldn't tell you why.

billybob88
Dec 29, 2005
I like running cars
my bitchin' ride. Obviously im being sarcastic.

2200, anemic as can be

my attempt at a syfon shot ha.

jambo
Jun 21, 2002
Nice to see the Aussie cars in this thread too (I'm Aussie and reminds me of home). Just posted mine in the bimmer thread but what they hey, I'll put it here too:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2957027879_6fcc080d6c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3184/2914585121_0f7b406a59_b.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
08 GTI 4 door DSG, I've got about 4,000 miles on it and I love it.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

CamH posted:

Behind it is an '89 BMW 530si that a buddy and I are slapping together for a $1000 autocross competition next season.

The E28 chassis (which I see pictured under the cover) ended in 1988 with the '88 model year, unless I am mistaken. Additionally, for that era, it would be an iS as the Si convention didn't come about really until the z4. I'm curious though, 530, are you using the 3.0 v8 from an e34? Or an S50?

jambo posted:

This is simply a stunning photograph! I am absolutely in love. Is there any chance you could email me a high res? I mean, high res?!

I presently drive a 2004 Volvo S60R. It is completely stock and when I was learning how to dyno, I discovered it puts down 251awhp and 261awtq. It is quite camera shy at the moment as it is covered in the dirty remnants from the freezing weather/snow. I do have photos (and a terrible attempt at promoting my lovely photography) of my old E28 at: https://www.masonolennick.com which won't work in Firefox 3 because of stupid coding issues.

thealphabetsez fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 17, 2008

Jonontherun
Nov 29, 2003

Brooooooooooooom
Here is my project car the first day out of the garage. I'll be updating my thread with the latest very soon. It's a 1986 325e for daily driver duties.

This is my summer time fun car, a 1999 M3 with all the heaviest options and no modifications. I do have a second set of wheels for racing, however.

wsbadmf
Mar 4, 2005

Im the governor of the fucking state of Wisconsin! I aint bullshitting. I know what the hell Im doing. Those other guys, they're full of shit.
Oldest to newest...

1956 Oldsmobile Rocket88. Numbers match, unmolested, (except for paint on the fender). Been sitting since the 60s. Should be a fun project.

1969 Oldsmobile F85

1992 Honda Accord 5-speed Daily driver. That's a '68 Cutlass S in the background.

94 Chevy WT Parts runner

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

Casual Yogurt posted:

08 GTI 4 door DSG, I've got about 4,000 miles on it and I love it.

Hooray, some four door Golf GTI love. This sleeps with my R36 at night :ssh:

06 with DSG. It's a great little car.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

jambo posted:

Nice to see the Aussie cars in this thread too (I'm Aussie and reminds me of home). Just posted mine in the bimmer thread but what they hey, I'll put it here too:

A lot of people try to pull this kind of photography off but fail miserably.

You nailed it.

Jork Juggler
May 22, 2007
Eventual project:

1970 Olds Toronado. Currently needs every gasket and seal replaced, and the paint is shot.

Daily driver, possibly the crappiest car posted so far:

1998 Saturn SL1 5sp. The poster child of abuse and neglect. The duct tape does help the gas mileage.

Raganti
Sep 25, 2007
I AM TO CHEAP TO BUY AN ACCOUNT!

Jork Juggler posted:

Daily driver, possibly the crappiest car posted so far:

1998 Saturn SL1 5sp. The poster child of abuse and neglect. The duct tape does help the gas mileage.

Oh look, you went and killed the thread. :v:

fake edit: I'd add actual content to this thread by posting my car but it's freezing outside and too dark now.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Godholio posted:

A lot of people try to pull this kind of photography off but fail miserably.

You nailed it.

Too bad the guy couldn't read the rules.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Booooooom! '73 Pinto

Greatest car Ford ever built.

My Dad's car, but since I live with the guy I might as well include it. '74 260z

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
ugh

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x56/maxe1/lafamilia/IMG_4486_1024.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x56/maxe1/hdr/CRW_5160_1_2_1024.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x56/maxe1/dump/IMG_7250_1024.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

maxe posted:

ugh

Is it beached here?

bear scrylls
Aug 28, 2008

jambo posted:

Which road is that?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

maxe posted:

ugh

Why is your shift knob a dildo?

joe87653
Jul 9, 2002
Update: pictures are all dead. One car was totaled, still have the SL

joe87653 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 1, 2011

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
I have a thing with 4-cyl Japanese sedans, apparently. The Si is all stock except tint, oe foglights, and some interior aesthetic upgrades.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Totally stock Schwartz 120k mile 1991 318is grocery getter and part time commuter soon to be Tahoe road tripper. For some reason a PO chromed the wheels, which I hate.

My tarmac rally, hillclimb, trackday fun times EFI L18 powered 1972 510 offroading in Downieville, CA.

Getting down to bidnez on our way to 9th place over all at Targa Newfoundland 2007.

My latest addition a 1987 951. Stock but with awesome factory options (LSD, Sport Seats being the big 2), in great shape with 98,000 miles and a fresh repaint. The really cool thing is the history.

In 1987, taking euro-delivery in it, my family took a month long vacation with this car; I was 9, my brother 11. That trip was a great childhood memory. We visited lots of race tracks, drove really fast (255kph indicated) on the autobahn, and I got to see a whole lot of western Europe as a little kid.

Here I am in an awesome sweatsuit at a closed mountain pass (in May). Lots of alpine roads were driven. I still have my journal that I wrote from this trip, which is pretty funny to read now.

Since then my dad has kept it as a summer only car taking it to the occasional track day, until 2005 when he decided at the last minute to enter it in the Targa Newfoundland when my brother was headed there with a 240Z. A really nicely integrated cage was welded in (with host of removable bars), and the car was run really hard for 1500km, using up a transmission in the process.

Oh and some bodywork (hence the repaint).

Since then he tidied it up a bit and found its replacement for his 60th birthday this summer, an 07 GT3. With the new p-car on the way the 944 needed a home, and I offered to take her in.

My gf and I now switch up between this in the BMW for getting to work, and it is our weekend GT car. Thinking of doing some hillclimbing and Nevada open road racing in it next summer -- it has the power and aerodynamics that my 510 lacks for these events. It also came with a set of RA-1s on ultra rare Mag alloy 944 Turbo Cup wheels (16x8/16x9) that are taking up space in my apartment and aren't gonna get used up by themselves.

Since getting it in November I've painted the wheels and re-assembled the interior. Have a couple of small issues to take care of, but aside from that it has been awesome to own and drive so far.

Next up is sticking this on the hatch glass. Left over from our trip to Europe in 1987.

Blooot fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 17, 2008

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Bloot, something seems up with your hosting.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Mr_PK posted:

I love Mercedes-Benz and have 2 daily drivers...

Bought a 1986 560SEL for my girlfriend as a daily driver. It's at 145k miles right now and still kicking! This is the project car that has got me into working on cars. It's surprisingly easy to work on this car, it's extremely well designed and in my opinion, classy. Just wish I had more disposable income to use for euro headlights, new suspension, and re-upholstering the car :(

I've seen one of these with 400,000 miles. It seemed to be in pretty good shape too. I wasn't in any position for another car though.

ynotony posted:

Is it beached here?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by beached, but I think that's supposed to be a drifting action shot. There's a tiny amount of smoke behind the rear wheel, which also *appears* to be turning faster than the front wheels, but that could be because of the mis-matched wheels.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

maxe posted:

ugh

I love your determined look on this, so how hard was it to park the car like this to get the shot?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I've had it two years now and it's been solid as a rock. I'll have it paid off in a few months. After that I'll have the coin to do a few small cosmetic things to it and a whole lot of fun engine mods. This coming summer will be fun.

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

We need some more good ol' GM steel and V8 power. 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora, currently in the process of a complete restoration (aka too stubborn to sell it):

New Spark plugs and wires (150)-New Radiator (250)-New Rear Air Shocks (180)-New Rack and Pinion (300ish?)-New Starter (400 I got ripped off I know)-New gauge cluster (120)-New Axle, front/rear brake pads and rotors (500). Oh god this money pit is hurting my soul.

dundun fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 17, 2008

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

not black enough posted:

I love your determined look on this, so how hard was it to park the car like this to get the shot?

super hard

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."
2003 Cooper S with Helix 15% Pulley Reduction, cold air intake, rear anti-sway bar and adjustable rear control arms. 17x7 O.Z. Superturismo WRC wheels.

(I also have a 2005 Jeep Liberty but it's just like all the other ones on the road)

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Blooot posted:

:words:

For some reason, your images don't show up for me, but when I grabbed the source of them (from quoting you), they all seemed to work just fine. Is it that [timg] doesn't play nice with the forums, or am I the only one not seeing the pics?

Also, that's really cool to see that 944 passed on for so long like that. I kind of wish that my dad had kept cool cars when I was growing up, but :10bux: :(

bear scrylls
Aug 28, 2008

Simkin posted:

For some reason, your images don't show up for me, but when I grabbed the source of them (from quoting you), they all seemed to work just fine. Is it that [timg] doesn't play nice with the forums, or am I the only one not seeing the pics?
No, they're broken. Like you said you can open them if you go 'open image in new tab' or whatever.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

2004 Volkswagen R32. Kosei 17" wheels, Michelin PS2s, Koni coilovers, Neuspeed 21mm FSB and 25mm RSB.

In addition to that I've got one running motorcycle (2006 Triumph Bonneville T100), one half-running motorcycle (1973 BMW R60/5), and one very sloooooow project bike (1968 Honda CL350).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madgarbage
Jun 17, 2001

maxe posted:

ugh

Hah, I took that photo. Such a pro.

Most of my cars, all old photos.

RA28 Celica. Seam welded, 3TGTE conversion, front mount ic, haltech, ct15b off a late 1jzgte, 550 injectors, hilux brakes, disc conversion rear. 2way lsd, blah blah.

RX7 S5, 13BT, AP engineering PFC, 800cc injectors, front mount, cusco coilovers, supernow bits everywhere, KnightSports S320 turbo, Cusco 2way. Noisy.

Waitin on overs.

Nissan Cefiro, RB20DET, does alright skids, big boot for the groceries, back seat for the girlies, busted kei office coilovers, nismo 2way, screamer pipe.

parked action shot.

dumps too many flames.

Nissan Cefiro, SR20DET, lots of fruit, SilkRoad coilovers, ATS 2way. big cams, lumpy idle, 2Din Panasonic with a valve amp.

Trueno, 4AGE. only photo is how I bought it, has a new door now. 302deg cams and quad throttles ready to hop in. TRD coilovers, and rear shock/spring. TRD 2way.

so sad.

Yeh thats a denim dash.

Sprinter. 4age, rust, neglect.

240Z, Rather original apart from L28 and no rust. Horrible wheels.

MX5, god i hate this thing.

Theres an RX3 and an RX4, which are just stored in bits, so no real point for photo.

Getting kinda sick of having only jap cars, wouldnt mind importing a late 70's TransAm from the States. Is ebay the best place for private/small yard car sales in America or what?