Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kengi
Sep 22, 2006
Gamer, geek, and ladies man

TEHJOE posted:

2009 Group

1. TEHJOE
2. ladysparkles
3. AngryGuy
4. Kengi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrQuack03
Dec 10, 2008
I would really really want to be on the 2009 "all purchase" group...in fact that's exactly what I'm looking for!

I'm assuming there is a 5th spot left?

DrQuack03 fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 17, 2008

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kengi posted:

1. TEHJOE
2. ladysparkles
3. AngryGuy
4. Kengi
5. whatever7

Woo hop on the train. We probably need more than 1 group for this.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I could make the spreadsheet but I am unsure as to how it can be updated effectively as we rarely know release dates. Further I would like to know each individual’s Paypal details so I can decide if I should upgrade my account.

I will purchase the games that come out Thursday unless they are crappy and we will go from there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TEHJOE posted:

I could make the spreadsheet but I am unsure as to how it can be updated effectively as we rarely know release dates. Further I would like to know each individual’s Paypal details so I can decide if I should upgrade my account.

I will purchase the games that come out Thursday unless they are crappy and we will go from there.

Can I have first dibs if someone drops out?

jabro fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 17, 2008

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006
TEHJOE, if you'll PM me your gmail address, I'll share the spreadsheet I just made. It automatically does a lot of the approval stuff for us, and I'll add in release dates now.

e: Also, if anyone knows of a good resource for PSN 2009 releases, could you share it?

Kengi fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 17, 2008

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kengi posted:

TEHJOE, if you'll PM me your gmail address, I'll share the spreadsheet I just made. It automatically does a lot of the approval stuff for us, and I'll add in release dates now.

e: Also, if anyone knows of a good resource for PSN 2009 releases, could you share it?

Just google "wiki psn game list" , the link you get is pretty official. Basically any "2008 TBA" release games will come out in 2009. Put them on the spreadsheet so we can vote on them. You won't get the actual release date until one week before the game come out.

Send me an invite of the spreadsheet plz. whatever7 at gmail.

DrQuack03
Dec 10, 2008

jabro posted:

Can I have first dibs if someone drops out?

Looks like we just missed the train Jabro...however, hopefully three others show interest.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

DrQuack03 posted:

Looks like we just missed the train Jabro...however, hopefully three others show interest.

I'll jump in a 2nd group.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DrQuack03 posted:

code:
1. jabro
2. DrQuack03
3. mongol
Two more and we are good to go.

Dbeatles34
Jan 7, 2004
Dr. Sammy G

jabro posted:

code:
1. jabro
2. DrQuack03
3. mongol
4. Dbeatles34
One more and we are good to go.

Put me down for the 2nd group as well.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

TEHJOE posted:

I was wondering if my "shooter" group had any interest in Power Up Forever as I am running out of potential accounts on my ps3. If not, w/e.

The group is:
ShoogaSlim
JnK07
TheArtist 314
TEHJOE
ladysparkles

Welp, I totally haven't kept up with this thread. It looks like everyone's in on this except me, so I say why not.

Edit: Ah, reading it looks like I totally missed the boat. No worries then.

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006
Since I enjoy playing in Excel (Yeah, I'm that big of a dork), here's a link to a Google Spreadsheet for figuring out who is in and who isn't for games. Up to 100 games will fit, and you can easily expand it.

It works under the rules of:

• 5 People
  • 3/5 Majority for games under $15 total
  • 4/5 Majority for games equal to / above $15 total
  • Auto colors approval
  • Calculates amount owed per person
I'm considering putting in a PayPal calculator on it too, but PPCalc.com works quickly enough.

If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

Doran Doran
Jan 10, 2008

jabro posted:

code:
1. jabro
2. DrQuack03
3. mongol
4. dbeatles34
5. Doran Doran
Two more and we are good to go.

Unless TheArtist really wants this spot I'll jump on in here.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doran Doran posted:

Unless TheArtist really wants this spot I'll jump on in here.

He is talking about another group so you are good.

code:
1. jabro
2. DrQuack03
3. mongol
4. dbeatles34
5. Doran Doran
I am using a Kenji original for the spreadsheet. PM me your guys' email addresses and I'll give you an invite. I think the rules they are using will be good for us.

Games $14.99 or less take 3/5 votes to get.
Games $15.00 or more take 4/5 votes to get.
If you vote no and the game still gets approved to be bought then you still have to pay your share.

As for games already out. I think they should be 5/5 votes since most of us probably already have them. We'll do those on an individual basis as the group wants or if you guys want then all games out now will not be part of this group. Doesn't matter for me.

DrQuack03
Dec 10, 2008
Great Jabro...would you be willing to head the purchasing?

I'd do it, but this is a new SA account I created after losing my password to DrQuack02 awhile ago...so I realize it would probably look shady.

Are we going to start up this week, or at the beginning of 2009?

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Can I list my home state as Oregon or New Hampshire in order to avoid the bloated tax rates of NY?

Normally I could care less but in this case....

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

DrQuack03 posted:

Great Jabro...would you be willing to head the purchasing?

I'd do it, but this is a new SA account I created after losing my password to DrQuack02 awhile ago...so I realize it would probably look shady.

Are we going to start up this week, or at the beginning of 2009?

If everyone else has no problem with it then I can do it.

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

TEHJOE posted:

Can I list my home state as Oregon or New Hampshire in order to avoid the bloated tax rates of NY?

Normally I could care less but in this case....

Go with PA. I do, and there's no tax at all.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Kengi posted:

Go with PA. I do, and there's no tax at all.

How do you do that? Does it not matter if you use a credit card from a different state?

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

mongol posted:

How do you do that? Does it not matter if you use a credit card from a different state?

I live in Ohio, and I just put my parent's address. It bases the taxes off of where the account is located, not who's paying. Stupid, but easy to work around.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kengi posted:

Since I enjoy playing in Excel (Yeah, I'm that big of a dork), here's a link to a Google Spreadsheet for figuring out who is in and who isn't for games. Up to 100 games will fit, and you can easily expand it.

It works under the rules of:

• 5 People
  • 3/5 Majority for games under $15 total
  • 4/5 Majority for games equal to / above $15 total
  • Auto colors approval
  • Calculates amount owed per person
I'm considering putting in a PayPal calculator on it too, but PPCalc.com works quickly enough.

If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

Leave the 2nd row to sum, that way you can put the formular in it. c2=c3+c4+c5...c100

If you put it in the bottom you don't know where to put the sum row.
I believe google support if statment too but that's too much effort for something so simple.

Actually leave one more row on the top avaiable so we can put in both SA id and PSN id.

There should also another rule that if you are too busy to vote the default vote would be yes after one week or something.

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

whatever7 posted:

Leave the 2nd row to sum, that way you can put the formular in it. c2=c3+c4+c5...c100

If you put it in the bottom you don't know where to put the sum row.
I believe google support if statment too but that's too much effort for something so simple.

Actually leave one more row on the top avaiable so we can put in both SA id and PSN id.

There should also another rule that if you are too busy to vote the default vote would be yes after one week or something.

But the sum would be useless, as we would be paying monthly-ish. That can just be tracked on the side by TEHJOE, as long as he doesn't mind.

I just have the SA names on ours. I'll invite you to see ours now.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kengi posted:

But the sum would be useless, as we would be paying monthly-ish. That can just be tracked on the side by TEHJOE, as long as he doesn't mind.

I just have the SA names on ours. I'll invite you to see ours now.

Monthly is too much hassle. Paypal would be getting too much fee from us. If we pay 20 up front we can cover 4-5 months at least.

Sum is useful in the sense that you look at the number and enjoy the money you have saved. :D

Doran Doran
Jan 10, 2008

jabro posted:

I am using a Kenji original for the spreadsheet. PM me your guys' email addresses and I'll give you an invite. I think the rules they are using will be good for us.

I don't have PM so here it is: coffeecold@gmail.com

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looking for Rock Band DLC sharing. I currently have some DLC though nothing too impressive, but am willing to buy a few things here and there to even out song sharing if need be.

http://www.myrockbandsongs.com/kddidit/

Heck, if you have all the DLC I'd just pay you to let me DL it too.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008
These 2009 all purchase groups got me thinking. Is there anyone who would be interested in joining a group for purchasing a group of games already on the PSN store? I missed out on pretty much all of them, as did a friend of mine so we were planning on grabbing a bunch and sharing them, but it would be a whole lot better with more people.

The games we are going to purchase are:

1942 - $9.99
Echochrome - $9.99
Everyday Shooter - $9.99
Megaman 9 - $9.99
Siren - $39.99
Wipeout HD - $19.99
Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - $14.99
Warhawk Addons (All 3, combo pack) - $15.99
Soldner - $9.99

Total cost: $140.91
Split 5 ways: $28.18

I realize the problem with this is finding 3 other people who want all of these titles and don't already have them, but let me know if you would be interested. If we can't get 3 people interested in paying $28 then we can probably work something out as far as cost if you only want some of the games, so let me know if you are interested at all as I don't mind paying a bit more.

Edit: I took Tekken off the list as it's just jacking up the price and I don't think many people are going to be interested in it. Thinking about doing the same with Siren because of it's cost, or at least breaking that off into another group. Without Siren we would be looking at total of about $100 with $20 for each person.

AngryGuy fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 18, 2008

deebo
Jan 21, 2004

AngryGuy posted:

Edit: I took Tekken off the list as it's just jacking up the price and I don't think many people are going to be interested in it. Thinking about doing the same with Siren because of it's cost, or at least breaking that off into another group. Without Siren we would be looking at total of about $100 with $20 for each person.

Count me in for a siren group (or the main group if siren is still included).

Edit: Is warhawk included in the addon pack?

deebo fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 18, 2008

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
I'd be down for splitting the Warhawk addons.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
unfortunately our account will have to be based in NY and be subject to an 8.5 tax rate at this point.

Our there any other work arounds?

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

TEHJOE posted:

unfortunately our account will have to be based in NY and be subject to an 8.5 tax rate at this point.

Our there any other work arounds?

Why does it have to be based in NY? I'm in Ohio and have mine based in PA.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Things look ok for now.

Fight! For your kite! fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 18, 2008

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The account is going to be buying alot of games. I think we should play it safe. The tax shouldn't cost more than 4-5 dollars extra per person.

When are we going to start the operation?

We need a name for the group btw, there are two 2009 groups already. We should rightfully claim the "group A" moniker. :)

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
games are up!

Need one more vote for PA to buy it. I will likely just buy it though given the circumstances.

If I don't pm you the info I will put it on the spreadsheet

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

TEHJOE posted:

games are up!

Need one more vote for PA to buy it. I will likely just buy it though given the circumstances.

PA Episode 2? If so I'm in.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
is Crash Commando shareable?

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006

Feenix posted:

is Crash Commando shareable?

Seems so.

I'm in and out of our group.

My LBP group: I got the Festive pack for us.

e: I think that brings the LBP group total to $13.96 total:
2.99 - Loco Roco
5.99 - Street Fighter
2.99 - Festive
1.99 - Chimera

So 2.80 each before fees, 3.19 after. I'm going to ask that you guys pay after the first PSN store update of 2009. Sound fair?

Kengi fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 19, 2008

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

TEHJOE posted:

games are up!

Do we have the spreadsheet set up yet? Am I the only one in our group without PMs? I can get them if I need it but otherwise you can email me at pipboy@gmail.com

Kengi
Sep 22, 2006
AngryGuy, I just sent you an invite.

LadySparkles, I think I also invited you, but please check.

And do you guys have any thoughts on Tokobot? Looks interesting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do I need to know the story of PA1 to play PA2? Some body spoil the plot to me.

• Locked thread