Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

skull pressure posted:

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I play in a band called Surroundings.

http://myspace.com/surroundings

I really really like your band. I was pretty bummed I missed your show in Nashville (I goto school in MA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik
Dec 3, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Also if you guys like Coke Bust you should check out Time to Escape. It was a project by my old roomie who now plays in Coke Bust where he was doing vocals and personally I like it a lot better: http://www.myspace.com/timetoescape

edit: my old roomie actually no longer plays in Coke Bust, but my point still stands

Robotnik fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 17, 2008

Slut Muffin
Apr 30, 2006
Has everyone heard about Thorns of Life yet? Blake Schwarzenbach from Jawbreaker, Aaron Cometbus from Pinhead Gunpowder and Crimpshrine, Daniela Sea from the L Word? I saw them in Philly recently. The band was amazing, except the show was too short and the crowd was too star-struck. I really hope they go far and I get to see them again.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
murder city devils reunion ohhhhhhhh yeah

the SF night show already seems sold out, just got tickets to the day show, they're old, i'm old i don't care

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Slut Muffin posted:

Has everyone heard about Thorns of Life yet? Blake Schwarzenbach from Jawbreaker, Aaron Cometbus from Pinhead Gunpowder and Crimpshrine, Daniela Sea from the L Word? I saw them in Philly recently. The band was amazing, except the show was too short and the crowd was too star-struck. I really hope they go far and I get to see them again.

haha, even PHIZ has heard about Thorns of Life. I dig it, but not quite as much as a punknews.orgers.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Grigori Rasputin posted:

murder city devils reunion ohhhhhhhh yeah

the SF night show already seems sold out, just got tickets to the day show, they're old, i'm old i don't care

guh 1 month before my 19th

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

baberaham lincoln posted:

I really really like your band. I was pretty bummed I missed your show in Nashville (I goto school in MA).

Thanks a lot dude. We'll be heading out again soon so you should catch us then, meet up, and party.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Hallo. If you enjoys real chaos noise violence punk rock and roll, please to be coming to these gigs:

Dates are:

December 17 (Wednesday): Baltimore, MD
December 19 (Friday): Columbia, SC
December 20 (Saturday): Lexington, KY
December 21 (Sunday): Grand Rapids, MI

Check your local listings for more details, directions, showtimes, ticket prices, senior discounts, child discounts, regular-rear end adult discounts, refreshment menus, and info on accommodations for those with special needs. Lotus Fucker demo is the best demo I've ever heard, get stoked.
Details on bands? Not familiar.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

My dad teaches at Villanova, and his boss is going to the Vatican in a few months. One of the priests there, a friend of his, is into early British punk. The guy asked my dad to get me to recommend some punk stuff to bring him.

I feel obligated to send a Crass record to the Vatican.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Wizard Mannequin posted:

My dad teaches at Villanova, and his boss is going to the Vatican in a few months. One of the priests there, a friend of his, is into early British punk. The guy asked my dad to get me to recommend some punk stuff to bring him.

I feel obligated to send a Crass record to the Vatican.

send him a CD with Reality Asylum repeated over and over and over again.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

send him a CD with Reality Asylum repeated over and over and over again.

That crossed my mind, but I don't wanna be a complete dick. The idea of a guy chillin in the vatican rocking out to punk amuses me too much for that.
Gonna try to throw in mostly stuff that he might actually like, but the temptation of sending Crass to the Vatican is too strong to resist

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

That's a bummer... there are some REALLY awesome bands on this. Check out Ripshit, Poison X Planet, Coke Bust, Surroundings, Blackbirds, Cult Ritual, and I Rise because their live show is amazing even though their most recent album was a real let down.

Seriously, that's such a better line-up than I was expecting. Whenever it's a fest in Florida, I just assume KLU is headlining, and that the Bridge 9 crew bands will all be there (Verse, Cold World, Ceremony, Have Heart, etc etc.).

I Rise is loving amazing live, yes :D

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Wizard Mannequin posted:

That crossed my mind, but I don't wanna be a complete dick. The idea of a guy chillin in the vatican rocking out to punk amuses me too much for that.
Gonna try to throw in mostly stuff that he might actually like, but the temptation of sending Crass to the Vatican is too strong to resist

If you don't send real early british punk that talks about stealing from churches and beating up longhairs and sniffing glue I'm gonna be pissed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh hey sweet, new Screeching Weasel album this year. Well, not really new or Screeching Weasel, it's Ben and Vapid doing all of My Brain Hurts live, with Cool Kids instead of I Can See Clearly and uhhh This Ain't Hawaii instead of Fathead. Plus a new Riverdales album, a Riptides/Queers split, and a new Queers full-length. Good year.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
For the past year or so I've been looking for stuff that sounds like pg.99's The Lonesome Waltz of Leonard Cohen. It's completely different from pretty much everything they've done, and I think it's the dude from CoC singing, but it just sounds so awesome and I would totally listen to an entire album that sounds like this.

Any suggestions?

Also their cover of Filth's The List is pretty fantastic :3:

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Rick Ta Life has now taken to wearing bullet proof vests as he performs.

Someone has to buy him a forum account, it will be hilarious.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Competition posted:

The picture I saw of him wearing one, it was on backwards. STABBED IN THE BACK YO.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Competition posted:

http://www.ricktalifeonahorse.com/

you know, in case you haven't seen this.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

BEST poo poo EVER:

http://www.myspace.com/rtlnyhcking

Also a great read:

YO EAST COAST​ HARDC​ORE WEBSI​TE THAT DUDE VIC I GOT HIM INTO HARDC​ORE THRU MY BAND LIKE I DID MANY OF THE LINY /​NYHC SUCKE​RS OUT THERE​ LIKE VISIO​N OF DISOR​DER THEM FAKE SELL OUTS ONLY PLAYI​NG SHOWS​ FOR 10.000 DOLLA​RS TRUE FUCKI​N SELLO​UTS IN EVERY​ WAY gently caress VOD gently caress DICK SIMPL​E FIM TIM YOU KAKE DRUGG​Y FAGGO​T THEY CAN SUCK MY DICK VOD IS GREAT​,​I LUV THEM MUSIC​ALLY BUT THERE​ FAKE rear end ROCK STARS​ YO TIM YOU BITCH​ BITE A DICK YOU AND YOUR WACK rear end NEW BAND DICKH​EADSI​MPLE YO I GOT VOD ON NY HARDE​ST PART 1 HE USTA GIVE ME MAD DEMOS​ TO DISTR​O ON MY DICK YOU AINT REAL GUY TIM HES A BITCH​ HE KNOWS​ YOU FORGO​T FAGGO​T YOUR THE DEFIN​ITION​ OF A SELLO​UT ANYWA​YS VIC ANOTH​ER BITCH​ IN MY BOOK RUNES​ EAST COAST​ WEBSI​TE MADE THAT WACK rear end SITE RICKT​ALIFE​ ON A HORSE​ .COM WHY I HAVE NO IDEAS​ MAYBE​ CAUSE​ HES ON MY DICK 24/7 DICK RIDER​ I GOT THE RICKT​ALIFE​ ON A HORSE​ .COM T SHIRT​S COMIN​ gently caress ALL YOU FAGGO​TS THAT SIT HOME ON THAT SITE START​ YOUR OWN BANDS​ INSTE​D OF SUCKI​NG OTHER​ BANDS​ OFF ON THERE​ YOU FOLLO​W WHATE​VER BAND EVERY​ONE ELSE LIKES​ YOU AINT REAL YOUR FUCKI​N NERDS​ YOU HAVE NO MINDS​ OF YOUR OWN KEEP RIDIN​ MY HORSE​ COCK ON THE BACK OF THE SHIRT​S IT SAYS EAST COAST​ HARDC​ORE WEBSI​TE RIDIN​ MY COCK 24/7 HA HA FRSK FOR 09 YOU FUCKI​N SUCKE​RS I GOT TH IDEA FROM RESH OF 100 DEMON​S HA HA CONCL​USION​ gently caress VOD =OZZ FEST SELLO​UTS HA HA gently caress THE EAST COAST​ WEBSI​TE VIC YOUR A BITCH​ AS IS THE NIGGA​Z YOU GUY RUNNI​N THAT SITE gently caress YOU BITCH​ES gently caress YOU AL DICKF​ACE AL YOU KEEP MY NAME OUTA YOUR MOUTH​ STOP RIDIN​G MY DICK TIM TO GET OFF MY HORSE​ COCK SICK OF IT AL NOTE NOT SICK OF IT ALL SICK OF IT AL HES OLDSC​HOLLL​ BUT ON MY DICK gently caress YOU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU KEEP FUCKI​N WITH ME YOU WONT SURVI​VE ANOTH​ER HEART​ ATTAC​K THATS​ MY WORD NYHC KING RTL gently caress THE EAST COAST​ HARDC​ORE WEBSI​TE AND VIC FOR TRYIN​G TO DISGR​ACE MY NAME I WILL SMACK​ YOU WITH REALI​TY ACROS​S YOUR FAE MOTHE​RFUCK​ER NYHC OG KING RTL FTR LEADE​R SIB KING THE STREE​TZ IS WATCH​IN I DONT SLEEP​ YOU SHOUL​DNT EITHE​R

It's drat hard to read.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
See, how can we not have him posting here.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

skull pressure posted:

I WILL SMACK​ YOU WITH REALI​TY ACROS​S YOUR FAE MOTHE​RFUCK​ER NYHC OG KING RTL FTR LEADE​R SIB KING THE STREE​TZ IS WATCH​IN I DONT SLEEP​ YOU SHOUL​DNT EITHE​R

It's drat hard to read.

this is the best

really

fake edit: where does the gangster hardcore thing come from anyway? New York I'm guessing?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Crossposted from the shameless promotion thread:

My band, Southside Stranglers, recorded yesterday. We sort of have a rock and rolly punk feel except fast. The myspace is http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva
Check it out, book us shows, and put out our record. Even though I hate the whole "featuring members of" thing it does allow people to get sort of an idea of sound before the listen and it features the singer of Government Warning and the former drummer as well.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Parachute Underwear posted:

this is the best

really

fake edit: where does the gangster hardcore thing come from anyway? New York I'm guessing?

If by gangster, you mean tough guy hardcore thing, then yes, it's around that area.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

this is the best

really

Yeah, I would totally have to second that. Smacking someone across the face with reality had me making GBS threads baskets of laughter for a good five minutes.

How hard would that hurt?

E: Competition, can you offer him an account please? I mean I have no idea how long it would last but for that short period of time it could be the best thing to ever happen to SA.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Hardcore became very popular in working class deprived area (DIY culture, lyrics about working class values, etc...) in the 80s around the same time as rap did (you can usually find gangster rappers mentioned in the thankyou areas of lyric sheets of some bands, 50 cent in the Wisdom in Chains one comes to mind). So naturally there will be gangsters that listened to hardcore and some became associated (DMS). This generally happened in New York, and this style of hardcore has since spread out.

Some people (including in this thread) like to throw a poo poo fit that this type of hardcore is heavier than normal types and therefore not proper hardcore or hardcore at all but whatever, I'll still be listening to bands like Bulldoze and Fury of Five while they moan.

quote:

E: Competition, can you offer him an account please? I mean I have no idea how long it would last but for that short period of time it could be the best thing to ever happen to SA.

Can't with my financial situation.

We'll have warn the mods and ask them not to ban him for the first week.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Competition posted:

Hardcore became very popular in working class deprived area (DIY culture, lyrics about working class values, etc...) in the 80s around the same time as rap did (you can usually find gangster rappers mentioned in the thankyou areas of lyric sheets of some bands, 50 cent in the Wisdom in Chains one comes to mind). So naturally there will be gangsters that listened to hardcore and some became associated (DMS). This generally happened in New York, and this style of hardcore has since spread out.

Some people (including in this thread) like to throw a poo poo fit that this type of hardcore is heavier than normal types and therefore not proper hardcore or hardcore at all but whatever, I'll still be listening to bands like Bulldoze and Fury of Five while they moan.

Yeah, I figured it was something like this. It's just funny when you have a guy called Rick ta Life who calls himself an OG, threatens to smack someone with reality and still has time to front a hardcore band.

edit: so I have to say the new hosed Up is pretty much my punk record of the year. I didn't buy into the hype when Hidden World came out and I regret it. Mind-blowing.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 1, 2009

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Not an Anthem posted:

Details on bands? Not familiar.

guessing chaos destroy is a dust noise worship band

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Competition posted:

Can't with my financial situation.

We'll have warn the mods and ask them not to ban him for the first week.

realtalk : fury of five sucks.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I severely doubt that Rick Ta Life has a pressing schedule.

Pantalones! posted:

realtalk : fury of five sucks.

Oh no you didn't.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

IF YOU WANT SOMETHIN' COME AND GET IT

NEENEENEENEE

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Competition posted:

Not that I don't agree with most of this (see Ice T making an appearance on the first Icepick album) but I'm not sure if Wisdom In Chains is very representational of the late 80's scene when this phenomenon occurred, since they've been around for like 4 years now. I feel like a lot of modern heavy hardcore bands 'rep' gangster rap groups for cred reasons, regardless of their social up-bringing.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Not an Anthem posted:

If you don't send real early british punk that talks about stealing from churches and beating up longhairs and sniffing glue I'm gonna be pissed.

Any examples?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Any examples?
That Mental record La Vida En Mus put out (not current band Mental), iirc its all about running around doing precisely that. Other than that just some proper nick knight mod-bashing oi.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Not an Anthem posted:

That Mental record La Vida En Mus put out (not current band Mental), iirc its all about running around doing precisely that. Other than that just some proper nick knight mod-bashing oi.

How many Mental's are there? I know there is Mass. Mental and Japanese Mental... which one are you talking about?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bumping this because I went through the OP a few days ago and checked out Blues and they're loving awesome. They remind me a lot of another band that I can't put my finger on at all.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This thread is loving dead lately.
What albums are due in the near future?

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

A5H posted:

As Ive said before, Im amped about the new Graf Orlock and the new Celeste.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
I'm excited about the Drowning With Our Anchors full-length and the first release by Litany for the Whale. They are my two favorite bands in the Bay Area right now. DWOA play mid-90s/Funeral Diner-style emo jams, and Litany for the Whale kind of remind me of Celeste, but it's hard to say since I haven't heard any recorded music, only live.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

A5H posted:

It Dies Today's new album with their new singer drops in like a week or two.

I'm kinda excited to see where they are going sans Nick Brooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Aerosols are supposed to have an LP in the works that compiles all three of their 7"s in addition to brand new material. My penis is already hard...

EDIT:
oh, and a new Will Killingsworth / Dan Madden project called Complaints. It sounds loving amazing.

baberaham lincoln fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 15, 2009