Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
Just binged through Weeds (S1-3) over the weekend. There's a lot of dumb poo poo going on, but still entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Moral Orel, I just started the third season and it's amazing to watch this show evolve from a hilarious dark comedy into a serious drama-type show. Too bad it's being canceled.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I've been working on Carnivale and Psych. I'm starting second season on Carnivale and only watched the pilot for Psych.

chrome taco
Apr 14, 2005

I'm no meteorologist, but I'm pretty sure it's rainin' bitches
Started watching The Wire a few weeks ago, which has lead to me buying a new season the second I've finished one. That show is like crack!

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

^^^
Pandemic! Getcha Pandemic!

[img][/img]

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

I watched eleven episodes of How I Met Your Mother today and it is all this forum's fault.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Heroes.

My wife and I watched the first couple episodes(rifftrax version) and thought it was pretty boring. A couple weeks ago my wife wanted to watch a little more of it and since they have the show up on Netflix's Watch Instantly and we have the roku box we did. That box really makes it easy to pick up a new series and do a marathon.

We're on episode 7 of Villains now and should be done Thursday at the latest. I have the episodes from the current season ready to go.

I thought volume 2 wasn't that great but then I read that it got dramatically changed due to the writer's strike. I'll give them a pass for that.

The other show my wife is dragging me through, which thankfully stopped since we started Heroes, is Survivor. We just finished season 11 and watched 16 when it aired. Now I just have 4 seasons to go through before hitting the current one.

The show isn't that bad but there's just so many episodes and she really likes the show.

She also likes America's Got Talent. Fortunately I "forgot" to record the episodes and only had to deal with 4 weeks of the show, or something like that. Some weeks there's more than one episode.

I'm just thankful the first season of American Idol was enough for her. She likes America's Got Talent because there's more than just singers.

Finally, once Amazing Race finishes we'll be switching to a marathon of that. I actually enjoy that show.

edit: Before Heroes, I was watching The Office all October. Eventually my wife began to like it.

chemosh6969 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 10, 2008

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
I'm just about finished rewatching Lost: Season One, as I binge my way through in anticipation of the S4 release. They just Launched the raft and when Vincent tries to swim after them, drat! Gets me every time. He just wants to go with Walt. :cry:

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

chemosh6969 posted:

Heroes I thought volume 2 wasn't that great but then I read that it got dramatically changed due to the writer's strike. I'll give them a pass for that.
Kind of hijacking this thread, but isn't this bullshit? I'm sure the Heroes team had finished Volume Two, and had made 2eps of Volume Three, which I'm not sure whether they held onto until S3 or scrapped and started again.

I keep hearing this defence of "Yes, Heroes sucked but it was because of the strike", and I'm sure it's one of the few shows that weren't really affected.

Speaking of the strike, just finished Breaking Bad, brilliant show with brilliant acting. I loved the non-finale ending, I'm not sure what the show had planned for a season finale, but I think it wouldn't have been as good as the feeling that he's just going to keep going until he dies. I bet they would have ended it with some wretched cliffhanger that just wouldn't really fit into the show.

Also finished the second season of Jericho, held off from watching it, the first 6 episodes were brilliant, the last one just felt awkwardly rushed and out of place throughout. The last, seemingly self-referential, lines of dialogue were wonderful though.

Up next: Mad Men - I have stupidly high expectations from this, so I need to lower them before I start watching.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

incredible bear posted:

Kind of hijacking this thread, but isn't this bullshit? I'm sure the Heroes team had finished Volume Two, and had made 2eps of Volume Three, which I'm not sure whether they held onto until S3 or scrapped and started again.

I keep hearing this defence of "Yes, Heroes sucked but it was because of the strike", and I'm sure it's one of the few shows that weren't really affected.

Well, the planned second half of S2 would have followed the events after Peter DIDN'T catch the vial full of virus - meaning there would have been an outbreak. Could have been pretty cool. However, the lame love interests and the glacial pace were planned out, for the most part. (Which the producers apologized for, after the fact.)

x66Shadow66x
Aug 27, 2004

Don't worry, I'm fine. Charlie's fine by the way.
I just finished watching through all of Hustle. Now that was a super entertaining show. I can't wait for season 5 now.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

I just realized I've been watching season 3 of Heroes through Netflix. I figured it was volume 3 of season 2 or something and didn't realize they put new episodes up every Tuesday.

I'm not used to that sort of thing.

I want them to put up My Name is Earl. They already have The Office and 2 seasons of 30 Rock.

SaltForYourWounds
Oct 21, 2005
I've been watching Oz every night at work for the past week and loving it. I'd caught some of the episodes before, but I wanted to watch the whole series- I'm not disappointed.

I have the first two discs of Dead Like Me to start tonight, too.

UsefulIdiot
Feb 10, 2006
The first four seasons of The Wire just got reduced to AUD$19.97 each here in Australia (about USD$13.60). I might finally get around to watching the show, especially after reading the responses in this thread.

chips
Dec 25, 2004
Mein Führer! I can walk!
After binging my way through The Wire on the recommendation of a friend, he's gone and started me (you can trust someone who recommends The Wire to you and doesn't stop annoying you til you watch it) on The Office (US). I'm from the UK, and the US version is so so much better than Ricky Gervais' original.

There aren't many shows that I've actually watched as they come on TV, so I've previously gone through binges of Arrested Development and Battlestar Galactica.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Anyways, this summer was me catching up on House and getting current with it. Great, awesome show, I thought it was one-trick at first, but it is still strong in my opinion.

it is one trick, but it is a loving great one

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've been binging on Columbo for the past week or so. This show is such an awesome crime thriller and I can't think of another detective without imagining Peter Falk.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
Six feet under.

I wanted to know what Michael C. Hall was doing befoe dexter and I was uh..surprised to say the least. But the man is a great actor the the series has me hooked. Just watched all 13 episodes in two days and picked up the second season. The girlfriend not coming this weekend was a blessing in disguise.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I did some digging and found the entire series of Daria on YouTube, and I recently finished binging through it. I vaguely remembered seeing the show when I was much younger, but I'm floored at how funny and insightful the show can be sometimes; not just with what Daria says or does, but with how she handles (or mishandles) different relationships.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005
I marathoned through Friday Night Lights last weekend. I don't think I've ever been as hooked on a show. I just could not stop watching.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

chips posted:

After binging my way through The Wire on the recommendation of a friend, he's gone and started me (you can trust someone who recommends The Wire to you and doesn't stop annoying you til you watch it) on The Office (US). I'm from the UK, and the US version is so so much better than Ricky Gervais' original.

There aren't many shows that I've actually watched as they come on TV, so I've previously gone through binges of Arrested Development and Battlestar Galactica.
When you've caught up on The Office (it won't take you too long because we're so far behind the States :argh: ), start getting into 30 Rock. Actually, I think they're repeating Season 1 late at Five at the moment, so if you have a DVR, you should do that.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

I'm finally on the last season of Survivor. My wife made me watch it from start to finish over a year ago and I'm so close now.

Once we finish that we'll finish the Amazing Race, which I actually like, that just ended and I can get a break from reality shows.

When she's not around I've been plowing through some shows. Finished Tales from the Cryptkeeper last week and am going through Are You Afraid of the Dark. Just about done with season 2 of that.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I've just started re-watching The Wire for the first time. It's so much better. One of my complaints about season one was how 'slow' it was, but watching it again it's so much clear what's going on.

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Recently finished Mad Men, enjoyed it immensely. Currently on season(s) 1 of Battle Star Galactica and 30 Rock.

It's rare to get my husband to watch TV with me, but he will listen in and pay half attention to these shows. And he even admitted that he enjoyed watching Mad Men over my shoulder, quite a compliment coming from him.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Still working on the x files. Season 7.

But I watched the first three episodes of Red Dwarf, and I hate the hologram, the real guy, the cat, and dislike the ship computer. Which is everyone. :( Does it get better or is it just not for me?

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
I just wrapped up Season 4 of Lost on DVD, and I think I'll power through the whole series again before Season 5 starts. I have almost 2 weeks off from work coming up with nothing to do, so it's not only possible, it's very probable.

NineInchRails
Dec 10, 2008

by The Finn
True Blood. Watched some of the first episode when it was first on TV and wasn't very interested but I gave it another chance recently and now I've gone through 5 episodes at an alarming pace... quality show.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I just finished binging through Veronica Mars, I really enjoyed the show. Now I feel lost without it :(

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
I somehow managed to watch three seasons of Scrubs during my finals weeks. It was horrific. The show is awesome though.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I'm now in the middle of season three of The Shield. Been enjoying it. I don't think it's the best show ever but definitely highly watchable. I can see why a lot of people compared it with 24 early on.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
Lately I've been going through, of all shows, The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne. I was into that crazy sci-fi poo poo back when I was younger; I liked this show and Farscape and I was absolutely obsessed with Sliders. Watching Jules Verne now though is just...

I can't believe I ever took it on face value. It's the corniest thing I've ever seen with a shitload of plot holes. Why do French people speak with British, American, or Canadian accents? Why can everyone in Europe instantly understand each other? How can a drill tunnel through the Parisian sewer system without creating giant sinkholes? How does the Aurora float above Paris all the time without anybody ever thinking to just look up?

Still, the show is a lot of fun for some reason. The characters are all likable and the unintentional silliness is still somehow charming. The show would make an extremely good video game; doing steampunk MGS poo poo with Rebecca and Phileas Fogg would be the apotheosis of action game fun.

Also, my girlfriend (an Anglophile) has been making me go through lots of the new Doctor Who and The Tudors, and I like both. I wasn't raised on Doctor Who, and for the same reason as Jules Verne, I find the low budget corniness really endearing. As to the Tudors, I was never a history buff, but I kind of like the characterization. I miss Henry Czerny's Norfolk, though; that dude's a badass.

calandryll posted:

I've been working on Carnivale and Psych. I'm starting second season on Carnivale and only watched the pilot for Psych.
I thought the second season of Carnivale was a lot better than the first (although for some odd reason I missed Dora Mae), so you're in for some good times. I can see how the show didn't get a third season, though, since it made two mistakes... It got too bogged down in the nebulous mythology to be accessible to new viewers, and they rushed what would have been good long-term plotlines while dragging on good short-term plotlines.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Marathoned the last four seasons of Smallville up to where it is currently. Also marathoned the most recent seasons of Entourage, Californication, The Shield, Dexter, and Sons of Anarchy that just ended.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Watched through first season of Sons of Anarchy. Pretty decent overall.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Right now I'm going through the 4th season of Deep Space Nine. After that I have The Shield and Arrested Development to work through.

The Netflix streaming on my Xbox has the original Knight Rider, SeaQuest, and Red Dwarf to work through as well.

I'd love to re-watch Farscape but I can't find the Starburst collections for anything approaching a reasonable price.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
drat!

I am precariously perched on the horns of a dilemma. I'm binging my way through Lost seasons 1-4 right now to psych myself up for Season 5 starting up in 3 weeks, and I just got Rome the complete series in the mail today. It was on Amazon for under $60. Do I take a break from Lost and watch Rome, or do I continue with Lost and wait for Rome?

What to do?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh nevermind, you're rewatching it, not watching it for the first time.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Just finishing up The Shield (god season 5 ending was brutal, can't wait to see the fallout) and I think I need a break from this type of show before starting on The Wire.

Figured I'd go for a more lighthearted show, was thinking of either Chuck or Burn Notice, are they any good at all, how do they compare?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Cart posted:

Figured I'd go for a more lighthearted show, was thinking of either Chuck or Burn Notice, are they any good at all, how do they compare?

I've never seen Burn Notice, but I like Chuck, and a lot of others do as well. It's not the best show ever, but the characters are likable and funny, especially the Buy More employees. The spy part of the show is a little formulaic, but I don't really mind.

I would recommend How I Met Your Mother or 30 Rock for current comedy shows though, I like them both a lot more than Chuck.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I'm watching the Office season 2, and while I'm only on the second disc, I swear I've seen every episode so far. I mean, I thought I watched it every once in a while on TV, but I think I've seen it more than I remembered. I didn't start becoming an avid viewer until halfway through season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom's Apple Lie
Aug 5, 2006

by angerbotSD
My brother got me season one of 30 Rock, and I am loving it so much!!! This show rules. It's so well written.