Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Aceshighxxx posted:

This would be pretty drat cool once put back together.

Click here for the full 1280x768 image.

It's a lashed up Series 3, not a Defender. The only reason I'd buy that other than for parts is if it was dirt cheap, because here in the UK it's old enough to qualify for free road tax, and as such has an inherent value if it's got a registration document to back it up.

A real, coil-sprung 110 in better nick could be yours for that price, and they're old enough to import early models to the US now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande

Aeilerto posted:

Tricked out Honda!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/978072683.html

Click here for the full 1253x729 image.

Past any questions of motive for such a project or the quality of the switch (the dash looks home made), is something like this even legal?

Motive: Because it's fun to drive RHD.
Legality: Total.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Aeilerto posted:

Tricked out Honda!

Past any questions of motive for such a project or the quality of the switch (the dash looks home made), is something like this even legal?

I like how he calls it "passenger side drive"

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.

MrSaturn posted:

I like how he calls it "passenger side drive"
No doubt to distinguish it from "driver side drive".

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

ad posted:

This guy was probably a postal worker looking to turn heads on his rural route.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
I'm guessing he saw F&F: Tokyo Drift, and assumed a proper sports car had a LHD to RHD conversion.
But that's like saying all proper sports cars must have scissor doors.

Forget it. I'm going to smoke some crack now.

I just noticed he spelled half as 'hafe'
I'm impressed.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 5, 2009

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Some of these must be a joke. That's the only explanation.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

Coffee Jones posted:

Well, that's a 2007+ LS chassis so I'd say it's a joke.

King
Jun 28, 2006
Not Kong

Coffee Jones posted:

I don't know, it could be beneficial to find out. I'm intrigued by these creamy bagels.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/981602878.html

quote:

MOTORCYCLE PARTS BIKE - $100 (MOTORCYCLE/SCOOTERS)
Reply to: sale-981602878@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-05, 3:26PM PST

MAYBE KAWASAKI 500 OR YAMAHA 500 GOOD TIRES, SCHOCKS,MUFFLER,AIR BOX AND MORE. I AM LOCATED IN OLYMPIA.

It's maybe a Kawasaki or Yamaha. Maybe not. :iiam:

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
Here's some actual gold:
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/ctd/978612952.html

Click here for the full 1280x998 image.

Only thing I'm noticing is that there's not a mention of the engine. poo poo, even it doesn't have an engine, drop in an LS1 and you're good to go!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ReaperUnreal posted:

Here's some actual gold:
[bitchin camaro]

Holy poo poo, seriously, that's practically a dream come true - a firstgen with all of the obnoxious work done, and at one hell of a price. Stick in the engine of your choice and drive the poo poo out of it.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!
I agree, that Camaro is awesome for the price. With the right paint job, engine, and transmission I could see it listed for $40k.

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004
WTF. Nothing like a "Gut Pile Calandar"! I think they are serious too?! Not very AI, but amusing I guess and a change of pace.

The listing-
http://sd.craigslist.org/for/982143902.html

A screenie--

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!
:wtc:

That is awesome, shame it is after christmas, I would send that out. :lol:

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

Click here for the full 1056x543 image.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/983056833.html

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

For a 14 year old superstar google has no respect for this "Taylor Dawson".

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

To go along with the CHEETOS I posted earlier, now you can have your choice of junk foods/candy.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

-S- posted:

To go along with the CHEETOS I posted earlier, now you can have your choice of junk foods/candy.

Do you have a non thumbnail sized shot?

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

MrSaturn posted:

Fortunately for me I have a telescope next to my computer that I often use to look at lunar eclipses, so I was kind of able to read the ad.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Found the ad: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/983325109.html

Aleksey
Nov 7, 2005

$5k for '94 Acura... but wait... speedometer is in KM/h instead of M/h!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Aeilerto posted:

Tricked out Honda!

Honda person posted:

\I HAVE A HONDA ACCORD WITH PASSANGER SIDE STEERING YEP YOU SIT ON THE PASSANGE SIDE TO DRIVE. lots of body mods f-150 vent molded in rear fenders, i have hafe of the body kit -side skirts-front and rear bumpers were stolen, welded in licen plate box corvet lights in rear fiber glass dash board- needs finished, custom gas tank door off f-150, it looks good far as the body of tha car it is 89%ready to paint has black primer on it now give me a call r e-mail for more pics and all of the fine details, has motor and tranny has one lambo door price is neg....1000$ are i am open for trading,obo!!must sell this weekend no reasonable offer refused
i have clear tittle in my hand right now!!
haltom1120@yahoo.com
281-659-0054

So I emailed that person, because I can't just leave something that hilarious alone.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hypnolobster posted:

So I emailed that person, because I can't just leave something that hilarious alone.

[/quote]Speed and Class

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

MrSaturn posted:

tractorcrusher posted:

Fortunately for me I have a telescope next to my computer that I often use to look at lunar eclipses, so I was kind of able to read the ad.

You know, I don't know why it sized like that. I input the dimensions of the previous two I posted, and it looked the right size in Photoshop, but when I uploaded it, it is smaller.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You Am I posted:

Holy gently caress. He converted it to "passenger side drive" by hooking up a chain and pulley to each side? :suicide:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

meatpimp posted:

Holy gently caress. He converted it to "passenger side drive" by hooking up a chain and pulley to each side? :suicide:

Give how professional that looks, is there a possibility this was a driver training car and just moved the cluster?

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=2718513

quote:

corsica - $7000 (stevens point)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-984542380@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-07, 10:27PM CST

Rad custom two door. old school v-6 with high rise manifold vacuum advance distributof (HE) no computer very fas, 4bbl carb 5.5 gears eats v-8 off the line, 1/8 mile unbelievable must see, nearing completion metalflake interior and customization of body almost done, registered as hobbyist. street modified. seriouse inquirey only. nothing else like it. new motor with 6000 miles on it.
1990 lincln town car tailights only ford part on car, I also have 75 nova on craiglist, need to sell both to build new shop. can be seen also 2 years ago what it looked like, google "acisroc". 715-343-7397 or business cell# 715-321-8002 ask for steve. or e-mail stevenscs@sbcglobal.net to inquire about 88 corsica or 75 nova. asking$7000 a piece or 12000 for both

Edit: Bonus link to car domain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215970

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 8, 2009

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Edit: Bonus link to car domain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215970

The "Before" images on the car domain page are just ... just ... :monocle:

I think it's even better than Cheetos

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

bladernr posted:

I used to work at a car wash in town where this guy would bring his corsica in all the time. "Pimped" interior mods included an 8 foot rope light, a 13 inch black and white tv, and house speakers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I used to work at a car wash in town where this guy would bring his corsica in all the time. "Pimped" interior mods included an 8 foot rope light, a 13 inch black and white tv, and house speakers.

Ghetto Pimping

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Every time I see pictures like this, part of me thinks "nah, that's a photoshop, or something else. No one REALLY does that to their car..." then someone like you comes along and forces me to see that the things I see on the internet really DO exist... :argh:

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Speed and Class
[/quote]

You see, this is why 4th gen Accord coupes are going to be extinct in a few years, because of meat whistles like this guy. I know they are a typical 90's era Japanese ecobox, but I'd love to have a clean 92-93 Accord coupe for the work commute. Unfortunately everyone I look at is either either a rusty unmaintained nightmare, a previously salvaged wreck that was rebuilt by some shady Russians in their back yard with chicken wire and a come-a-long, or riced out to oblivion (But never this bad - jesus)

FlyingPotato
Sep 9, 2003
Fwoomp!

You Am I posted:

I did :aaa: in real life for about 30 seconds when I saw those pics. He put wood in his dash? WOOD??? IN HIS DASH???

How the hell does somebody combine the work ethic required to do something like that with the stupidity to think it was a good idea?

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

bladernr posted:

:lol:

thanks for posting this :)

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

bladernr posted:

That's almost cartoonish. I love the plastic sheet below the bumper, just like that Top Gear episode where one of them made a "body kit" for their £1000 racing car out of plastic just hammmered onto the side panels.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
You don't remember the CRX that was posted a while back where the OP was making his car go faster using cloroplast (sp?). Was it RealKyleH, or someone else. I remember that being an amusing thread (at least at the outset).

vv Ahh, that was it, thanks. It's probably slunk off to archives by now.

Simkin fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 9, 2009

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

Simkin posted:

You don't remember the CRX that was posted a while back where the OP was making his car go faster using cloroplast (sp?). Was it RealKyleH, or someone else. I remember that being an amusing thread (at least at the outset).

VitaminJs Civic, had all kinds of homeyard aero crap made out of sheet plastic and coroplast zip tied to it.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Pilsner posted:

That's almost cartoonish. I love the plastic sheet below the bumper, just like that Top Gear episode where one of them made a "body kit" for their £1000 racing car out of plastic just hammmered onto the side panels.

Thats actually primered aluminum, I thought it was plastic at first, but at a closer look during the summer he had it painted that way, it was a metal fabbed bodykit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

VitaminJs Civic, had all kinds of homeyard aero crap made out of sheet plastic and coroplast zip tied to it.
Whatever happened to it? I was sort of curious about that.