Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Simkin posted:

You don't remember the CRX that was posted a while back where the OP was making his car go faster using cloroplast (sp?). Was it RealKyleH, or someone else. I remember that being an amusing thread (at least at the outset).

vv Ahh, that was it, thanks. It's probably slunk off to archives by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Vitamin J's (not my :colbert:) CRX: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2880541&highlight=

AnomalousBoners fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 10, 2009

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
:911: (click)

quote:

'94 Z-28 Real nice. Factory black. Loaded with power windows, seats, locks, mirrors, cruise, tilt, rear defrost, T-tops and Posatraction. It all works. Pioneer am/fm/cd with Viper alarm/remote start. California car with lots of hiway mi. 22 mpg. Good tags. Newer LT-1, 5.7 with newer AT. All stock. Factory alloys with Nice Sumitomos - 245/50/ZR16 @ 75% Genuine Detroit iron. Straight and clean throughout. Buy American - It's faster, lasts longer and cheaper to maintain than Jap junk. Have receipts. SUPPORT DETROIT! $4,000. obo

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
Does it come with a mullet?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

SyHopeful posted:

I didn't know buying used American vehicles supported the original manufacturer. I also guess he doesn't care if he supports American tire manufacturers :v:

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

SyHopeful posted:

I wish my car had Posatraction

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Ah, sorry about that. Must be something about superfluous final consonants in names that gets me confused. ;)

Also, thanks for that Contraband, I can't believe I hadn't saved that photo - one of the high points of that thread.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/987895020.html

quote:

HUMMER H2: PLEASE BLESS ME DRAFT IN HAND $15K
Reply to: sale-987895020@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-11, 7:02PM EST

Hello I'm a single MOTHER of 3 looking for a LUXURY vehicle I prefer a HUMMER H2. I would like to advise I have a BANK draft from my CRDT UNION for $15k that they are willing to give to an individual provided the titles are FREE and CLEAR on the vehicle depending on the miles and condition.I'll be finanacing the TRUCK but you will be paid directly. Please be advised that if I am granted the opportunity to own the vehicle I will be able to maintain and keep the maintenance of the vehicle-up.Thanks in advance. I pray that you would be a BLESSINGS to me and my 3kids a CRY to be a proud owner of a HUMMER H2.Please CONTACT me directly at:813-516-3433 or email me if you CAN help @ Ms.Blackberry06@yahoo.com Thanks U be Blessed and I do look foward to HEARING a response from ALL really soon!

Single mother of three who NEEDS a HUMMER H2! BLESS U ALL

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

SyHopeful posted:

Weren't those made in Quebec?

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

slidebite posted:

Why yes, at the Sainte-Thérèse plant just north of Montreal. The plant was torn down since they stopped making the Camaro :canada:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Thats actually primered aluminum, I thought it was plastic at first, but at a closer look during the summer he had it painted that way, it was a metal fabbed bodykit

Ah, ok. But still, that's just going to create a huge amount of wind resistance, plus look like crap.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

slidebite posted:

Yes :laugh:

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Click here for the full 1280x738 image.

This is the one of the most ridiculous prices for a lovely civic I have ever seen. I just seriously hope he added an extra zero on the end by mistake, because otherwise holy poo poo.

edit: nevermind

Sex Weirdo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 12, 2009

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Aceshighxxx posted:

Click here for the full 1280x738 image.

This is the one of the most ridiculous prices for a lovely civic I have ever seen. I just seriously hope he added an extra zero on the end by mistake, because otherwise holy poo poo.

edit: nevermind

Shaved gas door is easily reversed?

So he just filled the whole thing in with bondo?

Aeilerto
Mar 3, 2007

Freedom Fries!

UnkleBoB posted:

Goddamn, I've seen several "need car, please help" ads, but this takes the cake.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

Shaved gas door is easily reversed?

So he just filled the whole thing in with bondo?

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK BONDO WITH HAMMER

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

slammed and shaved posted:

The bag set up includes Slam Specialty bags with 1/2" airline and 8 1/2" MacDaddy valves. It has Belltech drop spindles in the front. In the back is the suicidedoors. com 3 link.7 gallon tank,2 Viair 450C's.Slam specialites 2600 lb. bags at all 4 corners. It has front,back, and side to side , and pancake.Body work includes shaved doors,tailights replaced with 89-93 caddy deville tailights.Previous full skin got drug off.I bought a new grant kustoms skin and haven't replaced it yet.Also most of the interior has been removed. The dash,door panels, headliners are all sold but the rest I have. I drive the truck everyday so it runs great. Also the front windshield has a crack in it from where the old hood flew up and hit it while I was going like 25 mph.

Click here for the full 1265x1066 image.

It has no dash, but I drive it every day. And don't even think about trying to put anything at all in the bed because it's got a BIG GAPING HOLE where I cut half the bed out to fit all the suspension!

Cute little NEON, trying to be a race car:

wish I had a race car posted:

2000 dodge neon automatic
Hi i have a 2000 dodge neon very sporty looking
has a sports muffler on it, so it sounds like a race car,
it only has 120 miles
2000 dodge neon
Air Condition, Tilt Wheel
Dual Front Air Bags
Power Steering AM/FM Stereo
Power Windows Cassette
call me today to set up a time that works for us

Click here for the full 1265x1126 image.

It has a sports muffler so it sounds like a race car. And only has 120 miles on it!!

Beer Coaster
Jul 30, 2002

Some people just get way too personal in their ads.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/990198981.html

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
GM has just put all wishful thinking ricers to shame:
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/01/0108_gm_auction/8.htm

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Do people still not realize that the amount of money they spent on loving up their car has no impact whatsoever on its actual value?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/989829225.html

Click here for the full 896x668 image.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Good advice? (Side by Side on purpose)

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Class without speed, always wanted a Mini but don't have the money?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Q_res posted:

I'm all confused inside because I really like that. It just seems ultra plucky to try to pretend to be a Mini.

Primehex
Oct 1, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Q_res posted:

As lame as that paintjob is I bet that's a fun little car to gently caress around in, provided it has enough power to spin the tires.

It's the little festiva that could :3:

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I can't help but think that this is some sort of a scam: http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=489809&pgno=1&srt=1

some guy on Autotrader posted:

Cars - 2000 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 $19,500.00

PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000, 110,000 km, 2 portes, 4 pass., int. noir, 8 cyl., 6 cyl., manuelle, AWD, $19,500 au (###) ###-#### ########@msn.com.
RARE LIMITED EDITION- 2000 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 ALL wheel drive MILLENNIUM EDITION. #601 of 911 made worldwide. As per Porsche records, there is only 901 left. In recognition of its unique place in motoring history, Porsche has created a special limited edition of the 911 to mark a unique moment. Inside and out, it's more individual, more exclusive, and more stunningly elegant than ever before. It also comes complete with almost all of the special equipment options available for the standard 911 range. Including four-wheel drive, unique exterior paintwork CHROMOFLAIR VIOLET COLOR, natural leather interior, dark burr maple trim, navigation system, Porsche built in radar , Communication Management and much more. This Porsche Millennium is a sport car in which every last detail is imbued with the spirit of individuality and elegance that has always been the hallmark of Porsche. It¿s a stunning Exotic Porsche and a great opportunity to own a Dream car.

Either the price is wrong, the car is in poo poo condition, or the bottom has really fallen out of the used-car market. If not... it makes me wish I had $20k lying around somewhere, as the car is worth more than twice that if it's in good condition (this is in Canadian money).

Edit: to see the ad, go to "autotrader.ca", select Quebec/english as your location, and then click on the link above (the site needs to set a cookie first, annoyingly enough)

el topo fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 14, 2009

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

el topo posted:

I can't help but think that this is some sort of a scam: http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=489809&pgno=1&srt=1

Either the price is wrong, the car is in poo poo condition, or the bottom has really fallen out of the used-car market. If not... it makes me wish I had $20k lying around somewhere, as the car is worth more than twice that if it's in good condition (this is in Canadian money).

Link didnt work for me but yea if it's not a scam I am selling my stocks and my car and get myself a 911.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Q_res posted:

God don't let Oxbrain see this ad!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

quote:

This & a few other I have will be traded off tonight.2-S2's,1-H1(pictured),lots of triple parts & 2 RUNNING H2's,so if you have a few 70's vintage MX'rs,& want to do a swap,trading will commence after the first few Shiner Darks..What doesn't get traded gets ebay'd tomorrow.After some of the deadbeat yankee husler calls I've got today it'll be the only way.817-834-0316,Haltom City

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

UnkleBoB posted:

Who apparently has a blackberry as well.

Just, loving wow..

Her next post will be "Mother of three NEEDS 12 bedroom home with pool"

FlyingPotato
Sep 9, 2003
Fwoomp!
That "Single mom needs hummer" post is a total scam. The frequent references to god, strange grammar, and no phone number means it's some Nigerian dude with his fingers crossed.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

blugu64 posted:

So you're picking up some kickass vintage two stroke madness tonight then, right?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Simkin posted:

So you're picking up some kickass vintage two stroke madness tonight then, right?

Don't I wish.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

FlyingPotato posted:

That "Single mom needs hummer" post is a total scam. The frequent references to god, strange grammar, and no phone number means it's some Nigerian dude with his fingers crossed.

Really? I don't think it's out of line for the white trash around here. Lots of people think a nominal belief in God entitles them to worldly riches.

To contribute, the price of '08 Ninja 250's is finally dropping:
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/993937554.html

GRRR WAFFLEIMAGES

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
That's an '08 bike? Now I don't know anything about bikes, honestly, but I feel like the gage pod looks very archaic on that puppy.

FlyingPotato
Sep 9, 2003
Fwoomp!
Not out of the ordinary on an entry level bike.

I can't understand why anybody buys a 250cc new. Virtually everyone outgrows them in the first year and takes a loss, or tries to sell for way more than it is worth. 125cc bikes are even worse, virtually all of the ones I've seen in craigslist have 1-2 months of use on them and the asking price is RETAIL.

OldSquid
May 28, 2007
Flying a plane is just like riding a bike, except it's harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
Oxbrain posted this in another thread. But not here for some reason.

http://huntington.craigslist.org/cto/994710636.html

Click here for the full 1246x834 image.

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
Oh, Ohio, what WON'T you give the world.

Tugboat
Feb 6, 2004

The Jews are responsible for all the world's wars.

OldSquid posted:

Oxbrain posted this in another thread. But not here for some reason.

http://huntington.craigslist.org/cto/994710636.html

Click here for the full 1246x834 image.

Neat, it's like the salfa romeab

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ctd/996283788.html
:wtf: with the past pic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSquid
May 28, 2007
Flying a plane is just like riding a bike, except it's harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

sharkytm posted:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ctd/996283788.html
:wtf: with the past pic?

Click here for the full 939x883 image.

As has been asked in the past, please post screenshots. That way if the post is pulled or expires, we can still see it.

Thanks.

Also, I really hope that's not Ken nor Kevin. :v: