Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

ConfusedUs posted:

It's a comical over-reaction to Belkar's new ways.

See, I was kind of hoping that Belkar was sidling up to the fellow halfling to kill and impersonate him. But I suppose your suggestion is more likely.
Too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Yeah, the ultraviolent sociopath just said "let's stop the violence". I'd be freaked out too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
New one:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/DPTBjlXadzLBj6wEvXB.gif

Waffleimages is stuffed, though, can't rehost it.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Click here for the full 722x933 image.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
I was wondering when we were supposed to be mad at Celia.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
See, Haley, this is why we share information with people.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Oh, its ok. I guess I can save dad in.....4 more years.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If Haley's at all smart and/or Celia lets her, she can draw a pretty bright line between what she stole and what she recieved as her pay as part of the Order of the Stick, but... yeah, Celia needs to get herself out of the deep hole of Lawful Stupid she's been digging lately before I start rooting for every random encounter to end in her death.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

CapnAndy posted:

If Haley's at all smart and/or Celia lets her, she can draw a pretty bright line between what she stole and what she recieved as her pay as part of the Order of the Stick, but... yeah, Celia needs to get herself out of the deep hole of Lawful Stupid she's been digging lately before I start rooting for every random encounter to end in her death.

To be fair, if not for Haley's dark, secret motivation requiring her to steal everything that's not nailed down save her father, as per Cliche Adventuring Thief Backstory #102a, it would have been a pretty exceptional plan. The only reason it's turning out badly is because Haley has (once again) decided she knows better than anyone in not being forthright.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nah, it's still a very stupid plan since no matter how restrained Haley was in her thievery, they still have no money with them. Not to mention ensuring an astronomical cost by stipulating everyone but Blind Pete be raised from the dead. Plus the whole thief and shoeless god of war on the verge of winning the day anyway.

What kind of an idiot negotiates a deal without knowing the actual costs involved anyway? Celia is a horrible lawyer with a stupid plan and irrational morals.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 11, 2009

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Gyges posted:

What kind of an idiot negotiates a deal without knowing the actual costs involved anyway?

One who thinks that the costs of not negotiating a deal - namely, everyone dying - are higher.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Not to mention, she's a fairy. I don't think she understands much about the mortal world at all.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

CapnAndy posted:

I'd say that she's more Stupid Good than Lawful Stupid.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ZorbaTHut posted:

One who thinks that the costs of not negotiating a deal - namely, everyone dying - are higher.

Well, there is also always the option of lightning to the face of the few "evildoers" not killed by Belkar or Haley. But hey, negotiating a deal when you have the upper hand so that all the murderously evil people are resurrected and your friends foot the astronomical bill that they can't pay is assuredly the better option.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Spikey posted:

I'd say that she's more Stupid Good than Lawful Stupid.
Yeah, you're right. I went Lawful because she's a lawyer :downs:

Definitely Stupid Good.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Gyges posted:

Well, there is also always the option of lightning to the face of the few "evildoers" not killed by Belkar or Haley.

She won't. She is Stupid Good.

God I love the introduction of Stupid to the alignment square (or is it a pentagram now?).

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The alignment square is unchanged. We have transformed it into a cube by adding the Stupid/Smart axis.

Hey, did I just invent the Smart alignment? That'd be awesome!

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
no, it's just a pyramid. the original lawful-chaotic/good-evil square forms the base plane and then stupid just piles on top of it

Hedgehog King
Feb 7, 2005
It's just after lunch time on a Thursday. Do you know where your towel is?

CapnAndy posted:

The alignment square is unchanged. We have transformed it into a cube by adding the Stupid/Smart axis.

Hey, did I just invent the Smart alignment? That'd be awesome!

Munchkins, Min-Maxers, Powergamers, and Number Crunchers would have the Smart Alignment.

Raise an orc horde to destroy a kingdom just for shits and giggles? Chaotic Evil.
Raise an orc horde to sell everyone in the kingdom "invasion insurance," only to back off and collect the reoccurring insurance payments, while meanwhile negotiating a lucrative deal with the king to send the orcs against some other, softer, more easily plundered common enemy? Chaotic Smart.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Maldraedior posted:

no, it's just a pyramid. the original lawful-chaotic/good-evil square forms the base plane and then stupid just piles on top of it

That implies that True Neutral stupid is the peak of the pyramid. I like the cube idea with the Smart/Stupid axis.

Hedgehog King
Feb 7, 2005
It's just after lunch time on a Thursday. Do you know where your towel is?
New strip is up! with nudity no less.

I refuse to do silly flashing lights.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Rehostin'

Click here for the full 717x933 image.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I love Belkar.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I love Belkar.

Maldraedior posted:

the original lawful-chaotic/good-evil square forms the base plane and then stupid just piles on top of it
That's a pretty good description of a great many D&D parties I've seen.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Belkar seems to have come out from that disease in a good way.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Is that a random thief or is he in bed with the succubus from the Linear guild?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

tripwood posted:

I had that same thought

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

tripwood posted:

Back about ten comics.

Then again 'both' could be the answer who knows!

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

tripwood posted:

Go back to the strips where Belkar is cured of the curse. She's the thief that Belkar kisses (instead of disemboweling), and tells to wait for him.

It would seem that she did so.

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."

Kleedrac posted:

I had that same thought

I thought it was Roy's sister for a second.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

Gassire posted:

I thought it was Roy's sister for a second.

That would be a twist, you gotta admit. But Julia is too much of a bitch for the Belkster.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
New comic today! Welcome back V!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I was just coming here to post that :argh:

After The Belkar Party, V is pretty lackluster.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Hey, you know what's a great way to make sure you never have to rest and can keep researching magic forever? Becoming a lich.

Just sayin'

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

rex monday posted:

Hey, you know what's a great way to make sure you never have to rest and can keep researching magic forever? Becoming a lich.

Just sayin'

I had a friend do that in a GURPS campaign. My Paladin was NOT happy.

Robot Bastard
Jul 14, 2004

by Ozma
Huh. Some interesting Alignment shifts going on here. Belkar moving to Lawful Evil, V moving to Neutral Good...

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Robot Bastard posted:

Huh. Some interesting Alignment shifts going on here. Belkar moving to Lawful Evil, V moving to Neutral Good...

I wouldn't really say being able to more effectively lie and deceive others about your evil makes you Lawful Evil. It just takes you out of Stupid Evil. :)

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Commissar posted:

I had a friend do that in a GURPS campaign. My Paladin was NOT happy.

I find that completely unbelievable .... like people play GURPS :P

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Oooh, so that's why V is getting weird... Man, I'd probably have nightmares after something like that, too. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Johnny Aztec posted:

I was just coming here to post that :argh:

After The Belkar Party, V is pretty lackluster.

I think it's just a different way he's taking the character. V apparently has some drat good reasons for the way he's acting, even if what he's doing is bordering on evil. Belkar is the comic relief, V is not. This comic actually helps to explain a whole lot about why he's having so many problems with not having enough magical power. I don't think it's lackluster at all.