Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Setup:

Rack of stuff, not really as dusty as it looks. Super flash detail action:

My computer desk, has my old fronts, some blueroom minipods. Not sure what to do with them now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I upgraded from my logitech speakers finally.

Kef iQ3s with a Denon AVR-1909.
Going to build or buy a media shelf thing this weekend to get the receiver off the ground and the consoles out of the way.
After listening to these I am extremely tempted to spend the money I have on a set of iQ9s and a iQ6c to go with these.

edit: bit the bullet and just ordered a iQ6c

FireTora fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 16, 2009

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sony 60" SXRD 1080p HDTV
Denon 3808 Receiver
Center: Paradigm Millenia 20
Fronts: Paradigm Millenia 200s
Rears: Paradigm Titans
Surrounds: Paradigm Atoms
Sub: Paradigm PS1200
Satellite: Directv DVR/HD HR-21
PS3
Xbox 360 Elite
Logitech Harmony 670

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
You should move that clock radio, dude. It really looks bad when it's in the company of all that other sweet gear.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Woo crappy shot.

Just threw my LN46A750 up on the wall today and I felt I might as well take a picture to get some opinions, the wall is about 10' wide for reference. Right now I have a Pioneer 1018, 360, PS3, 2 B&W 685s on stands, anyone want to recommend a console that's under 50" wide and can fit my stuff? Preferably cherry wood-type or some sort of darker wood-type material.

e: vv mmm yase.. Let me just cobble some crappy console up...

Hatebreed fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 17, 2009

Mugmoor
Dec 13, 2006

I had a ruff day at work.

Hatebreed posted:

Woo crappy shot.

Just threw my LN46A750 up on the wall today and I felt I might as well take a picture to get some opinions, the wall is about 10' wide for reference. Right now I have a Pioneer 1018, 360, PS3, 2 B&W 685s on stands, anyone want to recommend a console that's under 50" wide and can fit my stuff? Preferably cherry wood or some sort of darker wood.

Why not just just build one? Probably cheaper and then you get whatever you want.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

metachronos posted:

You should move that clock radio, dude. It really looks bad when it's in the company of all that other sweet gear.

I know but I don't have any other clock in the room and it's a pain in the rear end not having one. It's really not that noticeable but maybe I'll look for a solution to removing it.

Supermercado
Aug 6, 2003
I think I posted earlier in the thread but I've since changed a fair number of things, so here it is again. My camera is not as nice as any of the equipment below.

- TV: Pioneer PDP-5080HD
- Receiver: Harman/Kardon AVR 247
- Speakers: Harman/Kardon HKTS 18
- Cable company DVR, Xbox 360, Gamecube, and Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT to get the Xbox online.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

mattfl posted:

Recently updated my setup and got everything set the way I think it should be.

The HTPC is running media portal and has my 360 hd-dvd drive and a sony blu-ray drive hooked up to it.

Still need to hang that poster and buy another one for the other side.

THIS!

this is what I've been looking for in a TV stand. I recently moved to a new apartment and I can't mount my poo poo up on the wall and/or run any cables in the drywall. All the TV/Media centers at Ikea look like crap to me and are way overpriced/not efficient enough for me. Where did you get it?

*edit: For everyone else who aren't in the industry, Middle Atlantic is a company that sells equipment rack enclosures. One of thier smaller wood racks would spruce up an entertainment center greatly in my honest opinion, and in some ways it helps with cable management.

http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/main.htm

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 18, 2009

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

THIS!

this is what I've been looking for in a TV stand. I recently moved to a new apartment and I can't mount my poo poo up on the wall and/or run any cables in the drywall. All the TV/Media centers at Ikea look like crap to me and are way overpriced/not efficient enough for me. Where did you get it?

*edit: For everyone else who aren't in the industry, Middle Atlantic is a company that sells equipment rack enclosures. One of thier smaller wood racks would spruce up an entertainment center greatly in my honest opinion, and in some ways it helps with cable management.

http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/main.htm

Someone asked on the last page.

Got it at a furniture store called American Signature furniture, here it is on their website

http://www.asfurniture.com/webapp/w...ryId=4294967184

Decently priced and very well made. Very sturdy and pretty dam heavy.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
ugh.. do you know if American Signature Furniture delivers? because I can't seem to even get a store location up on their website, Let alone try to checkout/buy online.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

ugh.. do you know if American Signature Furniture delivers? because I can't seem to even get a store location up on their website, Let alone try to checkout/buy online.

When you buy instore they deliver. Not sure about buying over the web.

unknown poster
Aug 4, 2007

Supermercado posted:

What TV stand is that?

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Half of my setup, but this is the stuff I'd actually want to show off, I guess. I'm working on a nice lil' collection of vintage equipment mostly used for transcoding old VHS and cassette tapes that I seem to love buying as well.(sorry for the bad pic... apparently I invested too much in these that I can't afford to buy a camera)

My setup:
Aiwa AD-WX808
Panasonic AG-7650
Poopy computer(in the process of a much needed upgrade)
Bunch of cassettes I had lying around?

Supermercado
Aug 6, 2003

unknown poster posted:

What TV stand is that?

It's the Midnight Mist model made by Bush. I bought it at Walmart.com and used the Site to Store free shipping. I think it was about $20 cheaper when I got it last year than it is now.

WhiskeyTits
Aug 23, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Setup:

Are those Onyx Rockets from AV123? If so, how do you like them? I've wanted those fuckers forever.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

WhiskeyTits posted:

Are those Onyx Rockets from AV123? If so, how do you like them? I've wanted those fuckers forever.

Yes, I have RS850s for fronts, the bigfoot center, and 450s for surrounds. I actually haven't used the center or surrounds at all yet, they aren't even hooked up to my receiver. Probably gonna give them a go this weekend.

As for the fronts, listening to music on them is a blast, and most people tend to say that music isn't even where the rocket line shines. They are definitely the nicest speakers I have ever owned, but i'm jumping up at least 2 levels in quality from what I had previously, so I can't really compare them to anything in the same price range. My receiver is a little weak in comparison, so I might upgrade that and get even more polish out of them.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

I posted awhile ago but did a complete remodel since then, more the room than the media room itself.

cereal eater
Aug 25, 2008

I'd save these, if I wanted too

ps i dont deserve my 'king' nickname

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Errr I dunno how to link so photo is in post.

Setup:

Hitachi Ultravision from a few years ago, 52" I think
PS3
XBox 360
gently caress Comcast Cable Box
JBL Center
Dynaudio Excite X36 Loudspeakers
Pioneer SC-05 Receiver with integrated Bang Olufseen ICEPower Amps

No sub right now, but once I pay off these speakers I'll pickup some dirt cheap sub just to take pressure of the two big guys.

EDIT: WOOT i figured out how to put the image in the body of my post, this is amazing i am great.

cereal eater fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 23, 2009

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I posted my basement earlier. Since I just finished up my garage I figured I'd post some pics.

Panasonic 42" 720p Plasma
Directv HD receiver
Xbox 360
Denon 2802
Paradigm Monitor 7s

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003
drat that's a pussy magnet.

Fnord
Apr 20, 2001
WHAT
Where do you park the cars?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fnord posted:

Where do you park the cars?

That's actually an extended part of my garage. I have a normal double stall garage and this room is attached behind the main garage. The people who owned the house before me had a pool table in the room.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
You should go retro and paint the old Bucs color scheme.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
And the home theater is one major step closer to completion. Finally got my Pioneer PDP-5020FD 50" Plasma. Plasma + fully articulated, telescoping Monoprice wall-mount = sweet.

Components:
Pioneer PDP-5020FD 50" Plasma
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K 7.1 channel receiver
xBox 360 Elite with HD-DVD drive
Nintendo Wii
Verizon FiOS Motorola HD-DVR

Speakers:
2x JBL HLS-810 8" 2 way Bookshelfs
1x JBL Studio series 6" 3 way center channel
4x JBL Soundpoint SP8II in-wall 2 way speakers for rears and surrounds

Now for pics!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

C0lin
Jul 12, 2005
A home theater is never truly complete.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Isn't the heat from the fireplace bad for the tv?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

I'm almost done with mine.

60" Sony KDS-R60XBR2
Onkyo SR605-TX
4 x JBL CST55 Floorstanding
1 x JBL CSC55 (Center Channel)
1 x JBL CSS10 (Subwoofer, hiding behind front left)
Popcorn Hour A-110
XBox 360 (Launch Day!)
Nintendo Wii
TWC DVR w/ Western Digital DVR Expander
Some random Linksys 5 port switch
Rocketfish Wireless Rear Speaker Kit

I'd like to get a PS3 at some point but devil if I know where I'm going to stash it.

I am going to stick a 25mm fan in the Popcorn Hour and some cooling behind it to help keep it and the Onkyo cool.

You can also see the Wii Fit I bought for my wife that she's used twice, ever.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

C0lin posted:

A home theater is never truly complete.

True. Once my tax return comes I'm going to drop a few grand on some new Klipsch Icon fronts, center, and sub.

kri kri posted:

Isn't the heat from the fireplace bad for the tv?

I ran the fireplace for 3 hours, the wall behind it never even got warm, and with the blower the heat is projected out enough that the mantle barely got warm.

Tachonium
Sep 9, 2000

The New Steel.
Moved into a new place. This means I get to change the setup a bit.

TV: LG42LC2D LCD
L&R: Boston CR77's
Center: Elan in-wall 3-way speaker (Built a box for it)
Surrounds: pair of Boston Bravo-II's (Not pictured)
Subwoofer: Velodyne DLS-4000R (On right side, connected to LFE)
Subwoofer 2: Sony 10" SA-WM250 (On left side, connected to center channel pre-out)
Amplifier: B&K AVR-202

PS3
Wii
Xbox HD-DVD drive
Xbox 360

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
This post goes out to everyone in this thread who hasn't been commented on-- I personally enjoy seeing all the setups and some of them are quite inspiring. Hopefully I will get my area clean enough soon that I won't be embarrassed to post it.

unorthodoxender
Aug 20, 2004
Ninja do backflippu
My Setup is coming along nicely. I just got all the components to hook up my MacBook Pro to my TV as a secondary monitor, which will make Final Cut so much more Badass. Sorry for the lovely cell phone pix but Don't have a camera anymore.

How I started off
TV (46" Sony Bravia XBR-4)
PS-3 (Launch 60gig model via HDMI)

My living room as of today
TV
PS-3
Xbox 360 (Halo 3 Edition via HDMI)
Cable Box (Component)
and now 15" unibody MacBook Pro [i](MDP>DVI>HDMI)

I'm really happy with it so far. I don't currently have an Audio Out for the MBP but I guess I'll get that when I upgrade my sound system. Right now I'm using a really old Altec Lansing 2.1 computer speaker system and it's plenty loud but the more Blu-Ray I watch the more I want surround sound.

unorthodoxender fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 31, 2009

crm
Oct 24, 2004

wandler20, you sir are an inspiration.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

So I overhauled my setup in the 2 weeks since my last picture. Got the rest of the speakers and replaced my huge Teak desk with a table and AV component stand.

TV: Westinghouse LVM-37W3
Receiver: Denon AVR-1909
Center: KEF iQ6c
Fronts: KEF iQ9
Surrounds: KEF iQ3 on Sanus BF24 stands
Xbox 360 + HD-DVD Drive
60gig PS3

shifty
Jan 12, 2004

I dont know what you're talking about

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Yes, my main speakers are older than I am, but they sound fantastic.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Here's my setup. 56" led dlp with energy speakers on an onkyo 606

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008

FireTora posted:

So I overhauled my setup in the 2 weeks since my last picture. Got the rest of the speakers and replaced my huge Teak desk with a table and AV component stand.

TV: Westinghouse LVM-37W3
Receiver: Denon AVR-1909
Center: KEF iQ6c
Fronts: KEF iQ9
Surrounds: KEF iQ3 on Sanus BF24 stands

You and I pretty much have the exact same audio setup (I have the AVR-789). Even the rear stands are the same! It seems kind of cramped in there, how does it sound?

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

porksmash posted:

You and I pretty much have the exact same audio setup (I have the AVR-789). Even the rear stands are the same! It seems kind of cramped in there, how does it sound?

It sounds great and gets extremely loud. I was using Logitech Z680s before I got the receiver ~3 weeks ago and the iQ3s alone sounded way better, and the speakers don't hiss when nothing is being played which is a nice change.

Its a lot less cramped then how it was before since I only had ~3' between my desk and bed and was boxed in by the drawers I had my Macbook on. I had to change to this new setup because I had no place to put the receiver, or the fronts and center as you could see in my post near the top of the page, I was standing on my bed for that picture, the chair was touching the bed there.

I'm playing with the idea of picking up a subwoofer to go with it since it would make some things so much funner to listen to but I haven't decided yet.

vinnie1023
Sep 27, 2002

Coping with unoriginality since 1998.
Here's my setup:

Pioneer 5020
Yamaha RX-V663
PS3
Xbox 360 with HD-DVD drive
Wii
Comcast (Motorola) DVR
Xbox and PS2 (not connected or used much anymore)

The speakers are a Harman/Kardon 5.1 set that I got along with the V663. They sound nice enough, but the center leaves something to be desired, so I'll probably replace that and the fronts in the fairly near future. Does anyone have recommendations for what I should replace them with? The picture was taken from the couch where we usually sit, which obviously isn't that far away, so I'm kind of worried about upgraded fronts completely overwhelming the surrounds. The other consideration is that I have neighbors above and below me (and on the wall behind where I sit) so if I could pick up nice enough fronts that would allow me to ditch the sub, it might be worth spending more. I also have a Popcorn Hour A-110 on the way.

vinnie1023 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008

FireTora posted:

I'm playing with the idea of picking up a subwoofer to go with it since it would make some things so much funner to listen to but I haven't decided yet.

Well it may not fit but I've had an Epik Knight for a couple months now and I absolutely love it. You can feel the ground shaking outside on certain parts of some movies. Unfortunately Epik is only accepting orders for their biggest and baddest sub which is both too large and too expensive for me.