Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Parachute Underwear posted:

I think it's just ridiculously hilarious that everyone seems to think writing in all-caps is a perfectly normal thing to do. It was a mildly entertaining read, but jesus does it get annoying after a while. It's EXACTLY like reading rapper beef.

I was gonna say, it definitely sounds like some bullshit rap beef. I guess that kinda bullshit exists no matter what genre you go into. It sucks that just about any genre can be corrupted with such macho bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

gerfatty posted:

I was gonna say, it definitely sounds like some bullshit rap beef. I guess that kinda bullshit exists no matter what genre you go into. It sucks that just about any genre can be corrupted with such macho bullshit.

I know a good amount of people that post on those boards and while some of them are good people, heck I bet all of them are good people I just don't them all that well. But I will say that there is absolutely a ridiculous amount of needless drama that goes on in the NYC scene.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
man are all hardcore kids that brainless and macho? annoying as gently caress.

also why do kids two step at a ceremony show?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Your Weird Uncle posted:

man are all hardcore kids that brainless and macho? annoying as gently caress.

also why do kids two step at a ceremony show?

1. No
2. Because it is a Ceremony show.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Converge and Coliseum are playing in Brooklyn on March 27th. Anyone here going?

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I looked over the last few pages and didn't see a mention.

Is anybody else really liking The Marked Men's new "Ghosts" album? You can listen to 2 tracks from it on their myspace page.

15 songs in 30 minutes, good punk stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

I looked over the last few pages and didn't see a mention.

Is anybody else really liking The Marked Men's new "Ghosts" album? You can listen to 2 tracks from it on their myspace page.

15 songs in 30 minutes, good punk stuff.

It's not bad

Still doesn't beat the first Steinways album: 20 tracks in 21 minutes

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Dickeye posted:

It's not bad

Still doesn't beat the first Steinways album: 20 tracks in 21 minutes

Ain't got poo poo on Short Attention. 55 songs, 17:20, two albums. What now?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd like to find Short Attention because Grath is in it and I love Grath

Alas none for me

Other bands I keep meaning to listen to and don't: The Measure[sa] because Mikey Erg

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Dickeye posted:

I'd like to find Short Attention because Grath is in it and I love Grath

Alas none for me

Other bands I keep meaning to listen to and don't: The Measure[sa] because Mikey Erg

Every time they pop up on Punknews.org I keep meaning to listen to them but flash is hosed up on my laptop so I never get around to it. It's weird because it's fine on my regular PC, but every time they're mentioned I'm on my laptop.

I want to check them out because of the [sa]. I still have no idea what it's for except maybe to differentiate their name from another The Measure. Does it have any significance?

I'm gonna go check them out right now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have no freakin' clue. I just know they have Mikey.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
CNM: Got my stuff from feral ward, the slowmotions LP is awesome! Good recommendation, thanks. Have to listen to the other 7" i got. They sent me a sweet Totalitar sticker too! Anxiously awaiting the CD's from you :)

Also: The new Napalm Death is loving awesome. So god drat heavy and fast. Cant wait to get a copy on vinyl.

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah

Parachute Underwear posted:

Every time they pop up on Punknews.org I keep meaning to listen to them but flash is hosed up on my laptop so I never get around to it. It's weird because it's fine on my regular PC, but every time they're mentioned I'm on my laptop.

I want to check them out because of the [sa]. I still have no idea what it's for except maybe to differentiate their name from another The Measure. Does it have any significance?

I'm gonna go check them out right now.

I think it either means simply analog (since the other band called The Measure is an electro band, or something like that), or South Amboy, where they're from. I've heard people say both.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

answersyouseek posted:

1. No
2. Because it is a Ceremony show.

but ceremony is all fast n' poo poo...

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah
The new Marked Men album is great, definitely one of my favorites of the year already. "Ditch" is probably my new favorite song by them. Looks like punknews.org has a whole stream of the album here. I hope they start playing shows again, even if its just Fest 8. Still waiting on that new Potential Johns 7" too.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
This thread is now about cock sparrer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9j26ik1XbY

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I used to be into Oi but not anymore. I guess it says a lot about CS that they're the only Oi band I listen to anymore.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I usually can't stand any Oi, but Cock Sparrer are still amazing.

http://www.myspace.com/cocksparrerpunk
(listen to the live version of England belongs to me)

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Competition posted:

THIS. a million times this. most oi is loving trash but cock sparrer and the 4-skins and and a few more recent bands (criminal damage) proved it isnt completely worthless as a genre.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Oi got over saturated with really, really loving mediocre bands in the late 90's. Most of the original bands are still great.

Also "Platinum Blond" is probably one the best rock and roll songs ever recorded by anyone.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
CNM: Got the CD's! I should have asked you to toss in some xbrainiax stuff!! I really want one of the bumper-stickers you guys made, those were badass.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

CNM: Got the CD's! I should have asked you to toss in some xbrainiax stuff!! I really want one of the bumper-stickers you guys made, those were badass.

Cool! Yeah, you should have told me, I would have sent some stickers for sure. Maybe when our discography CD (99 tracks!) comes out in the next month or so, you can get one from me with some stickers.

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah
Man I love the Broadways

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

Quick question: How many of you saw naked dudes when you last saw Ceremony?

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Anyone check out No Friends yet? Tony from Municipal Waste's new mid-80's style hardcore band.

http://myspace.com/wevegotnofriends

This poo poo is a lot better than it has any right to be.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Converge and Coliseum are playing in Brooklyn on March 27th. Anyone here going?

No, but I am going to their show in Lemoyne, PA the day before. And speaking of Ceremony, they're also playing that show. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cystic posted:

Man I love the Broadways

That's the dude from the Lawrence Arms' old band right

They're alright I guess. Not a big fan of them or the Lawrence Arms, really, but his first band, Slapstick, was drat awesome

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Ozean posted:

No, but I am going to their show in Lemoyne, PA the day before. And speaking of Ceremony, they're also playing that show. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT.

To get hit in the face during their show.
Ceremony bring it live. They've also been known to throw down a sweet cover or two. The guitarist is the best guy in the band, so if you see a guy walking around in make-up before the show don't make fun of him. He owns a really sweet Prince shirt.

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah

Dickeye posted:

That's the dude from the Lawrence Arms' old band right

They're alright I guess. Not a big fan of them or the Lawrence Arms, really, but his first band, Slapstick, was drat awesome

Slapstick is always going to be my favorite ska-punk band.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Basically, anything Brendan Kelly does turns to gold. Slapstick, The Broadways, The Lawrence Arms, The Falcon. Dude's got quite the resume.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
How loving amazing is Social Circkle now? I saw them last night and they play so loving blazing fast. It was awesome. The new Government Warning record is shaping up pretty nicely as well. Richmond's lack of sweet venues is annoying but there is definitely not a lack of sweet bands and shows right now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cystic posted:

Slapstick is always going to be my favorite ska-punk band.

But...Op Ivy man. Op Ivy.

I mean I listen to a ton of ska so they aren't anywhere near the top of my list but they're on it somewhere

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Your Weird Uncle posted:

most oi is loving trash but cock sparrer

Competition posted:

I'm the exact opposite. I'm happy to see Cock Sparrer play this coming summer but they were never a favorite of mine. Love Oi though.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
redacted

Asked about pressing info for feral ward #043 test press, it has white labels not black

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 30, 2009

Lame Bryant
Jun 1, 2006

blah blah blah

Dickeye posted:

But...Op Ivy man. Op Ivy.

I mean I listen to a ton of ska so they aren't anywhere near the top of my list but they're on it somewhere

Op Ivy is on everyone's list, but Slapstick was the "high school sucks but I can put this record on when I get home and poo poo will be alright" band for me. If that makes any sense. Plus I got so burnt out on Op Ivy, but i'll still throw on junkies runnin dry every now and then.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
It's funny to me that there isn't more crossover between this thread and the ska one. I've just always associated the two genres I guess.

Also, Operation Ivy is the loving best, and that record will never get old. No matter what.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Welp, just in case you were wondering, now you too can learn how to be a punk! Best of all, there's only 9 steps to it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7s0j6_how-to-be-punk_school

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
and here I just thought you had to play three chords

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Dickeye posted:

and here I just thought you had to play three chords

guess you're not punk enough man, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
guys please stop using the "s" word in this thread!!!!

I saw Thorns of Life in a basement the other day and it was OK, a little lower energy than I was expecting but whatever. Kind of weird to see dude from my favorite band of my early 20's play music I was listening to and playing when I was 16... pop punk - but mellower. I've internalized all those chord structures so long ago it's just weird to listen to. I don't think I ever saw a Screeching Weasel shirt in Oakland till the other night where I saw at least 2 and heard a band cover the same Teenage Head song they played on Wiggle. Aaron Cometbus kind of looks like that Blind Angel that Jane Fonda bangs out in Barbarella.

cocksparrer rules