Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teen Cuisine
Oct 19, 2008

Zu Befehl! Jawohl mein Herr! Wir sind deutsche Roboter.

Cizzo posted:

AH THE MATRIX SCREENSAVER.

But honestly, anything but that.
Agreed. Real hackers use the Gibson Screensaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Another goon busted my balls about it earlier today, so I installed electric sheep on both systems. Grabbing a 2 gb starter pack right now since apparently the firewall at work hates everything I want to do on the network (SSH to home :argh:). drat SOX compliance.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Inverse Icarus posted:

7970 or bust.

-GE or bust. None of that 100Mbps poo poo here please!

Baba The Ox
Feb 8, 2004

Don't be so hard on yourself, Fry. You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You all still have Zoidberg!

devmd01 posted:

Another goon busted my balls about it earlier today, so I installed electric sheep on both systems. Grabbing a 2 gb starter pack right now since apparently the firewall at work hates everything I want to do on the network (SSH to home :argh:). drat SOX compliance.

SOX compliance? NEC monitors? HP hardware? Generic cube? I bet we work for the same company.

Not to mention the Cisco phones.

PZ Smeltzenseltzer
Feb 3, 2008

fortran
~*with style*~

Click here for the full 1024x677 image.

My desk, taken earlier in the month. Living like poo poo with cables everywhere, and a Nortel phone; none of your fancy-pants VOIP for me. Since this picture was taken, I've added a second display to my iMac; I'll edit this post once I get a change to take a photo of it.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Clueless Tuquee posted:

My desk, taken earlier in the month. Living like poo poo with cables everywhere, and a Nortel phone; none of your fancy-pants VOIP for me. Since this picture was taken, I've added a second display to my iMac; I'll edit this post once I get a change to take a photo of it.
Lemme guess you work in some sort of ad agency?

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Clueless Tuquee posted:

I love that screensaver too but be careful, that thing seriously heats up your graphics card. I stopped using it after it regularly sent my fans into leaf blower mode. It doesn't seem to throttle its frame rate so it will just go full tilt when it runs.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Clueless Tuquee posted:

Would you be so kind as to provide a link to that screensaver?

PZ Smeltzenseltzer
Feb 3, 2008

fortran
~*with style*~

real_scud posted:

Lemme guess you work in some sort of ad agency?

Nah, I'm the online editor for a student newspaper. I'm currently working with our business staff on integrating advertising into our website, and had ad sizes on the whiteboard for reference.

frogbs posted:

Would you be so kind as to provide a link to that screensaver?

It's part of the jwz XScreenSaver collection; the screensaver in question is XAnalogTV.

PZ Smeltzenseltzer fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 28, 2009

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Clueless Tuquee posted:

Ho-ly poo poo at that old Electronics Boutique joystick. I used to have the same one back in 1990 or whenever the hell that was.

PZ Smeltzenseltzer
Feb 3, 2008

fortran
~*with style*~

Misogynist posted:

Ho-ly poo poo at that old Electronics Boutique joystick. I used to have the same one back in 1990 or whenever the hell that was.

It's actually an Apple Joystick for the IIe and IIc, believe it or not.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Baba The Ox posted:

SOX compliance? NEC monitors? HP hardware? Generic cube? I bet we work for the same company.

Not to mention the Cisco phones.

If the primary color is red and there are currently gigantic piles of snow in the middle of the parking lot, then yeah we probably do!

That's better...makes me want to sit at my desk and :2bong: all day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

devmd01 posted:

If the primary color is red and there are currently gigantic piles of snow in the middle of the parking lot, then yeah we probably do!

That's better...makes me want to sit at my desk and :2bong: all day.

Yeah, I just discovered Electric sheep from reading this thread and man is it amazing. Do you have 4 separate computers or is there a way to get it to show up on multiple monitors?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

glompix posted:

Yeah, I just discovered Electric sheep from reading this thread and man is it amazing. Do you have 4 separate computers or is there a way to get it to show up on multiple monitors?

I would like to have it synchronized across all the monitors, but there isn't a good way to do it. That's two computers, dual monitors with each system, and InputDirector so I can use one mouse and keyboard for both of them.

IsaacNewton
Jun 18, 2005

You can synchronize the screen saver with synergy, its a setting. (screenSaverSync)

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Sorry for the gigantic, fuzzy camera phone pics. I'm at work and I don't have GIMP or anything on my laptop.

I think I have you all beat on the Cisco Phone front.

edit: Before I slink off to the corner with monitor envy, I should note that I usually work from home and wasn't enough of an rear end to ask for several giant widescreen monitors I'd probably use maybe one day a week.

Inverse Icarus fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 29, 2009

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

IsaacNewton posted:

You can synchronize the screen saver with synergy, its a setting. (screenSaverSync)

I switched to InputDirector, Synergy2 was giving me some wierd glitchiness.

Inverse Icarus posted:

edit: Before I slink off to the corner with monitor envy, I should note that I usually work from home and wasn't enough of an rear end to ask for several giant widescreen monitors I'd probably use maybe one day a week.

I didn't ask. :ssh:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Timg'd for table breaking:

This is basically my "old stuff" desk, as you can see.

mrchina
Sep 8, 2004

Another lovely camera phone pic.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

fishmech posted:

Timg'd for table breaking:

This is basically my "old stuff" desk, as you can see.

Finally we can understand how you can make so many posts!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I need a better desk :( Using a crappy Wal-Mart "notebook" desk I got from my parents currently.

Using my bed as a desk for my netbook right now. Usually it's off though. External monitor is hooked up to my laptop. Both running Windows 7.

Ghosts
Mar 10, 2008

by angerbotSD

Kazy posted:

I need a better desk :( Using a crappy Wal-Mart "notebook" desk I got from my parents currently.

Using my bed as a desk for my netbook right now. Usually it's off though. External monitor is hooked up to my laptop. Both running Windows 7.

have that same desk
got it for like $10 on sale
i use it for when im sick and want to use my laptop/eat/read/write in bed
def. would not trust it enough to put an external monitor on it and have my laptop on it full time and have an iphone/ipod touch on it
that poo poo is really wobbly

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

mrchina posted:

Another lovely camera phone pic.
gently caress, man, now I gotta get a bigger desk so I can put a coffee maker on it.

mrchina
Sep 8, 2004

jegHegy posted:

gently caress, man, now I gotta get a bigger desk so I can put a coffee maker on it.

Heh, yea, it's my alarm clock. I set that and the smell gets me up. Unfortunately, I don't have enough real estate, but the desk was inexpensive and free delivery from Staples and I'm in college.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

My desk at work:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Icesler
Jul 7, 2005
^^^^^^^^^
I like your background. Do you have the source?

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
My desk is cornered and really wide.. so it's more of a photo series. left to right.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

BloodDragyn posted:

legos on the desk

Thank you for reminding me what to do with the legos I have in my apartment. Now to get the many, many tubs of legos from my parents barn...

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

devmd01 posted:

Thank you for reminding me what to do with the legos I have in my apartment. Now to get the many, many tubs of legos from my parents barn...

I'm slowly growing my collection. My plan is to have the large lego castle on my desk by the end of 2009.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Icesler posted:

^^^^^^^^^

It even comes in a triple monitor configuration. :c00l:

http://www.mandolux.com/archive/2008/0810.html

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Inverse Icarus posted:

Sorry for the gigantic, fuzzy camera phone pics. I'm at work and I don't have GIMP or anything on my laptop.

I think I have you all beat on the Cisco Phone front.

What's all this about Cisco phones?

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

mrchina posted:

Heh, yea, it's my alarm clock. I set that and the smell gets me up. Unfortunately, I don't have enough real estate, but the desk was inexpensive and free delivery from Staples and I'm in college.
Goddamn, didn't even notice the clock. That's brilliant.

Cedra
Jul 23, 2007
Can someone explain why you would have so many Cisco phones? What job requires that?

pete0r
Oct 6, 2003
me

Cedra posted:

Can someone explain why you would have so many Cisco phones? What job requires that?

I'm gonna go ahead and guess they're doing some configuration on them before deploying to users..

edit: Very jealous of you people and your neat Cisco phones. At least we've upgraded to Nortel VOIP from some old old PBX stuff.

Fnord
Apr 20, 2001
WHAT
I hate to break this to you, but the person in the photo on your desk is going to die within the next seven days. Watch the movie "the ring" for details on how to stop this event from happening

Action Jackson! posted:

My desk at work:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Fnord posted:

I hate to break this to you, but the person in the photo on your desk is going to die within the next seven days. Watch the movie "the ring" for details on how to stop this event from happening

oh no :ohdear:

tboneDX
Jan 27, 2009

This is my set-up for this year at school, feels a little cramped? Well, that's because it is!

(Grrr imageshack, oh, hello waffleimages!)

tboneDX fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 31, 2009

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

ThaDamnItalian posted:

Old pick but this is(was) the store. (Closed)
Looks like every single block of every single town I've been to in Korea (even the really rural towns). It's kind of a shame that it doesn't work well over here. I'm guessing almost entirely because we actually pay for our software licenses.

Milo Pollywalter
Nov 25, 2006

there's a bear going round, taking names

Icesler posted:

^^^^^^^^^
I actually just had this open in another tab while reading this thread, oddly enough. Mandolux makes some good wallpaper.

Milo Pollywalter fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

TreFitty posted:

Looks like every single block of every single town I've been to in Korea (even the really rural towns). It's kind of a shame that it doesn't work well over here. I'm guessing almost entirely because we actually pay for our software licenses.

nope. It doesn't work because of the types of games we play and costs. The kind of MMO market that runs in korea doesn't exist here, and to actually be able to pay employees are costs are far higher. The place I helped runs going rate was 4 times what they would charge at a typical PC bang per hour, and it still wasn't enough. Unless you can sustain near high capacity, have a secondary income source, or somehow are in an area with very low costs for the location there isn't enough money in it.

Companies here also try to enforce licensing schemes that are prohibitively expensive and reoccurring.