Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

withak posted:

Feature request:

Can there be an option to hide the web 2.0 "edit bookmarks" button that appears at the top of the bookmarked threads page? It never appears until after the entire page has loaded and it makes it so the entire page always jumps down a half inch just as I am about to click something. :argh:

poo poo, that's what that was? I'd noticed the jumping, but hadn't sat down and stared at the page yet. That is pretty obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

My Quick Reply has this weird little action goin on. It only lets me type in a tiny little portion of the white box. I have the latest update of SALR and I'm using FF 3.05. Anybody else have this?

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
That looks like touchpad scrolling (or something else that doesn't look like the Classic theme). If you have an application running for that, what happens when you exit it?

simcole
Sep 13, 2003
PATHETIC STALKER

dirtbag posted:

My Quick Reply has this weird little action goin on. It only lets me type in a tiny little portion of the white box. I have the latest update of SALR and I'm using FF 3.05. Anybody else have this?

I have the same problem. I am just using defaults and on a desktop pc w/ a g9 mouse (no touchpad). What's the deal?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I seem to recall that being either a theme issue or a live preview issue. I can't remember which, but it's been brought up before, ages ago.

simcole
Sep 13, 2003
PATHETIC STALKER
an hour later and some 55 pages of skimming I don't see the solution to my problem. I hope someone remembers how to fix it. I'm using FF3 + littlefox theme

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I was using the littlefox theme for FF as well and when I changed it to a different theme the problem went away.

Gary Mitchell
Apr 3, 2007

Morals are for men, not gods.
I'm not sure what the workflow is at BountySource, but my feature request has been pending for over a month now... does it need to be moderator-approved to be eleveted to a real (still un-implemented?) feature request? It seems redundant, since the actual feature requests are also still "pending", so it seems kinda redundant.

Anyhoo, I might as well cross-post my feature request into this thread too, then:

Quick-n-easy 5-star scale to “rate” users.

Basically like any other 5-star rating system on the internet (like on Youtube, or IMDB, or even the rating system on SA threads). I’d like the ability to see a 5-star rating scale under each Forum-members name, so that I can over-react to a post I disagree with, 1-star the poster in one click, and be able to instantly recognize and dismiss every post made by said user from then on out.

This could be used in combination with, or in lieu of the current notes/custom highlighting system which is nice, but takes precious, precious seconds away from my important Star Trek/Linux discussions.

I’m not asking for some kind of Slashdot-style karma moderation system, just persistent ratings for my own smug sense of superiority.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Gary Mitchell posted:

I'm not asking for some kind of Slashdot-style karma moderation system, just persistent ratings for my own smug sense of superiority.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member2.php?action=viewlist&userlist=ignore

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"

Gary Mitchell posted:

I'm not sure what the workflow is at BountySource, but my feature request has been pending for over a month now... does it need to be moderator-approved to be eleveted to a real (still un-implemented?) feature request? It seems redundant, since the actual feature requests are also still "pending", so it seems kinda redundant.

Anyhoo, I might as well cross-post my feature request into this thread too, then:

Quick-n-easy 5-star scale to “rate” users.

Basically like any other 5-star rating system on the internet (like on Youtube, or IMDB, or even the rating system on SA threads). I’d like the ability to see a 5-star rating scale under each Forum-members name, so that I can over-react to a post I disagree with, 1-star the poster in one click, and be able to instantly recognize and dismiss every post made by said user from then on out.

This could be used in combination with, or in lieu of the current notes/custom highlighting system which is nice, but takes precious, precious seconds away from my important Star Trek/Linux discussions.

I’m not asking for some kind of Slashdot-style karma moderation system, just persistent ratings for my own smug sense of superiority.

Congrats for getting yourself and your smug sense of superiority added to dozens of ignore lists at once. :bravo:

In all seriousness, that's asinine, and a complete waste of coding to keep track of your own opinions that you, apparently, can't even remember.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Carnivean posted:

quote:

I know I can hide individual avatars, but is there a way to hide every single "STUPID NEWBIE?" avatar at once?
Adblock that one image?

I tried that, but it ended up blocking all the avatars.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

skywalker6705 posted:

Congrats for getting yourself and your smug sense of superiority added to dozens of ignore lists at once. :bravo:
Why ignore him? Just rate him a 1 and move on.

:downsrim:

Way Past Cool! posted:

AdBlock offers a few options when you tell it to block an item, and the default is to block the entire folder. Make sure you're just blocking the one file itself, instead.

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

Way Past Cool! posted:

You can't block http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif individually? Adblock Plus 1.0 has the ability to block custom, and put that url in the box. That blocks just that image for me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Update! v1.99.090126 (also up on addons.mozilla)

This update is just bug fixes that have accumulated since the last build. Some paginator bugs, a star menu bug, a posted in coloring bug. Nothing too major.
I've also updated the keyboard navigation to allow customization. The keys are stored in about:config under extensions.salastread.kb.
I'm going to have something for the 3.1 users to try out, hopefully tonight, if not, then soon.

duz fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 27, 2009

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

duz posted:

Update! v1.99.090126

This update is just bug fixes that have accumulated since the last build. Some paginator bugs, a star menu bug, a posted in coloring bug. Nothing too major.
I've also updated the keyboard navigation to allow customization. The keys are stored in about:config under extensions.salastread.kb.
I'm going to have something for the 3.1 users to try out, hopefully tonight, if not, then soon.
Hooray! Quick Quote works again!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

For those of you that requested it, the build duz posted also has the 'force hq youtube embedding' option available. :)

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

astral posted:

For those of you that requested it, the build duz posted also has the 'force hq youtube embedding' option available. :)

Embedded Youtube videos now have an HQ button in the lower-right corner menu if it's available, and it even seems to respect the setting in your Youtube profile, if you're logged in. So the option is somewhat redundant now, but it's nice to have.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

inpheaux posted:

Hooray! Quick Quote works again!

It's still pretty sporadic for me.

simcole
Sep 13, 2003
PATHETIC STALKER
drat. Littlefox still breaks SALR.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Wanted to report the same 'Quick Quote' does not work in either FF 3.0.5 nor 3.1. :(

simcole
Sep 13, 2003
PATHETIC STALKER

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Wanted to report the same 'Quick Quote' does not work in either FF 3.0.5 nor 3.1. :(

Seems to be working for me. 3.0.5

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Revenant.Eagle posted:

It was broken for me as well but I fixed it by going into tools -> options -> privacy Then clicking exceptions in the cookie section and setting forums.somethingawful.com to be allowed.

If that doesn't do it, try setting forums.somethingawful.com as an exception under the security and content sections.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
Edit: Wow, I have no idea how I accidentally posted.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Is there any possibility for SALR (or the forums themselves) to open all bookmarked threads with new posts in new tabs? I'm getting tired of clicking through twenty arrows or so every time I visit my bookmarks. If not, consider this a feature request.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Schurik posted:

Is there any possibility for SALR (or the forums themselves) to open all bookmarked threads with new posts in new tabs? I'm getting tired of clicking through twenty arrows or so every time I visit my bookmarks. If not, consider this a feature request.

That would actually be pretty great if it had any chance of happening.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Schurik posted:

You want Snap Links. Combined with SALR moving all unread threads to the top it makes it super easy to open all threads with new unread posts at once.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Tivac posted:

You want Snap Links. Combined with SALR moving all unread threads to the top it makes it super easy to open all threads with new unread posts at once.

This is a great expansion in it's own right (and I'm keeping it!), but it won't work with the jump to first unread post link (the arrow), only the normal links for the threads.

edit: works now, I turned off the arrow images from SALR. Works like a charm, thanks a lot!

Schurik fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 2, 2009

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Or use this Greasemonkey script from RedKazan that adds a "Open All New Posts In New Tabs" to the top of the list.

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           New Posts in New Tabs
// @description    Adds a button to open all threads with new posts in new tabs.
// @include        [url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @author         RedKazan
// ==/UserScript==

var forum = document.getElementById("forum");
if (forum)
{	
	var button = document.createElement("a");
	button.href = "#";
	button.innerHTML = "Open New Posts in New Tabs";
	button.style.cssFloat = "right";
	button.style.marginRight = "8px";
	button.addEventListener("click", NewPostsInNewTabs, false);

var where = document.evaluate("THEAD/TR/TH[contains(@class,'title')]",
			forum, null, 7, null);
	where = where.snapshotItem(0);
	if (where)
	{
		where.insertBefore(button,where.firstChild);
	}
}

function NewPostsInNewTabs(event)
{
	var eval, node, name;
	event.preventDefault();
	eval = document.evaluate("TBODY/TR/TD/DIV/A[contains(@class,'count')]",
			document.getElementById("forum"), null, 7, null);
	for (i = 0; i < eval.snapshotLength; i++)
	{
		node = eval.snapshotItem(i);
		name = node.parentNode.nextSibling.nextSibling.childNodes[1].innerHTML;
		window.open(node.href,name);
	}

return;
}
It works flawlessly.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Uh, that opened the threads in new windows, not tabs. :/

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Make sure firefox is not set to open links in new windows rather than tabs, by default.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

flatluigi posted:

Uh, that opened the threads in new windows, not tabs. :/

Change this:

code:
to this:

code:
GM_openInTab(node.href,name);

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

m2pt5 posted:

Change this:

code:
to this:

code:
GM_openInTab(node.href,name);

Thank you, that worked.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Svaha posted:

It was broken for me as well but I fixed it by going into tools -> options -> privacy Then clicking exceptions in the cookie section and setting forums.somethingawful.com to be allowed.

If that doesn't do it, try setting forums.somethingawful.com as an exception under the security and content sections.

That fixed it. Figures it was such a simple thing. Thanks!

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
is there any way to disable teh "Users of Interest" thing when you click on "who posted?" at the top of a thread?

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I don't see anything for this in the options. Is there a way to add the Quick Jump menu to the right click menu?

AznKwaiJai
Apr 12, 2004

I just like to come here to thank the creator. Also that I had to click page by page til page 9 to find this thread. Now I can d/l the salr since I reformatted and didn't have a saved copy.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

THERE IS NOTHING TO loving UNDO

I love whoever did this. I was cracking up for a solid 5 minutes.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'm using SALR 1.99* with Firefox 3.0.6 and suddenly when people quote me it doesn't make the quote a certain color anymore. They just stay plain white.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dirtbag posted:

I'm using SALR 1.99* with Firefox 3.0.6 and suddenly when people quote me it doesn't make the quote a certain color anymore. They just stay plain white.

You'll have to be more specific than 1.99*, that could be anything from like January 2008 to today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

fishmech posted:

You'll have to be more specific than 1.99*, that could be anything from like January 2008 to today.
Maybe they should put the actual version in the About screen like every other program in the world. dirtbag, to go Tools->Add-ons and tell us the version listed there. Also double-check your SALR settings on the Colors tab to make sure "My Post Is Quoted" is the color you're expecting.

Actually, looking at these settings, what exactly does "Highlight quoted interesting people" do? I have it checked, but the only highlighted quotes I ever see are my own. Is this supposed to highlight quotes of people I have set in Users, too? Because that would be pretty cool if it worked.

• Locked thread