Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Ozean posted:

No, but I am going to their show in Lemoyne, PA the day before. And speaking of Ceremony, they're also playing that show. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT.

I'm going to this in Allston, MA hopefully.

Converge
Ceremony
Coliseum
Rise and Fall
Pulling Teeth

It's a dream come true basically. I've wanted to see Pulling Teeth for loving years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Parachute Underwear posted:

guess you're not punk enough man, sorry

drat

tossin my screeching weasel albums

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Selling/trading some stuff tomorrow, nothing very rare. More interesting stuff is partial Go! discography, tons of tour/rare Total Fury records? Are people still into this stuff? I figure people can't stop loving Go but I don't know about Total Fury.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Grigori Rasputin posted:

guys please stop using the "s" word in this thread!!!!

I saw Thorns of Life in a basement the other day and it was OK, a little lower energy than I was expecting but whatever. Kind of weird to see dude from my favorite band of my early 20's play music I was listening to and playing when I was 16... pop punk - but mellower. I've internalized all those chord structures so long ago it's just weird to listen to. I don't think I ever saw a Screeching Weasel shirt in Oakland till the other night where I saw at least 2 and heard a band cover the same Teenage Head song they played on Wiggle. Aaron Cometbus kind of looks like that Blind Angel that Jane Fonda bangs out in Barbarella.

cocksparrer rules

What the gently caress? Thorns of Life played in Oakland the other day? Son of a bitch! It's all good, as I'll be going to see them tomorrow at 924 Gilman with Comadre (yes!) and Off With Their Heads (gently caress yes!).

Anyway, hello fellow East Bay punk! You gonna be at the show tomorrow?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

zeldadude posted:

Converge
Ceremony
Coliseum
Rise and Fall
Pulling Teeth

That lineup makes my dick so hard :aaaaa:

I've wanted to see Converge/Pulling Teeth since forever and I've been in love with Coliseum ever since I bought their split with Young Widows for like $3 on a limb about a year ago.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Didn't sleep and now I'm listening to lots of youth crew sounding continental bands on myspace.

Was a good decision.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zeldadude posted:

I'm going to this in Allston, MA hopefully.

Converge
Ceremony
Coliseum
Rise and Fall
Pulling Teeth

It's a dream come true basically. I've wanted to see Pulling Teeth for loving years.

When and where is this show?

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Inspector_71 posted:

When and where is this show?

3.23.09 at the ICC in Allston.

like a 75% chance I'm going. I wonder how expensive it is. I dunno because it's converge.

I'm way too lazy to drive to boston. Last time I went there for FC Five I almost died driving him in the worst loving rain storm I've ever seen. I couldn't see out my windshield.

FC Five loving ruled though. Everyone should listen to them. Go forth and mosh, goons.

http://www.myspace.com/fcfive

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Not an Anthem posted:

Selling/trading some stuff tomorrow, nothing very rare. More interesting stuff is partial Go! discography, tons of tour/rare Total Fury records? Are people still into this stuff? I figure people can't stop loving Go but I don't know about Total Fury.

Total Fury from japan? If so then yes. Yes they are. Or I am at least. I'd be willing to trade/buy for some.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Iron Lung posted:

Total Fury from japan? If so then yes. Yes they are. Or I am at least. I'd be willing to trade/buy for some.

My email is mattus at gmail

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I was going to wait until my sister turned like 8 before I gave her some minor threat and a skateboard, but after seeing this I might have to start earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAO4yPd6Gs

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Competition posted:

I was going to wait until my sister turned like 8 before I gave her some minor threat and a skateboard, but after seeing this I might have to start earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAO4yPd6Gs

I'm a firm believer in if more people had Ian MacKaye at an earlier age, everyone would be significantly more rad.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO

gerfatty posted:

What the gently caress? Thorns of Life played in Oakland the other day? Son of a bitch! It's all good, as I'll be going to see them tomorrow at 924 Gilman with Comadre (yes!) and Off With Their Heads (gently caress yes!).

Anyway, hello fellow East Bay punk! You gonna be at the show tomorrow?

I'd been planning on it originally but I got my fill the other night and some other obligations to fulfill - I'll be in northwest Berkeley though so who knows, I may end up at the show.

Saw Mind, Orb of Confusion and Lidtoker (what the gently caress does this mean?) last night, all local. Mind was good, thrashy punk played by a bunch of young longhairs who proclaimed "we all smoke weed" just prior to playing. Orb of Confusion was good n' fast metal that was fairly technical, just not quite enough GROOOOVE for me. Last up was Lidtoker, who rolled out 3 4x12s and 2 8x10s which sent me scrambling for anything to shove into my ears to keep from going deaf. They were mostly slow with a few fast parts, sludgy, doomy loud and great. There's a fair amount of metal/punk crossover in this town which is great, always keeps things interesting. So many people and so many little sub-scenes, daaang!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Lidtoker (what the gently caress does this mean?)

Isn't a "lid" a certain amount of weed?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Got MITB lp, Poison Idea "Record Bootleggers are Potential Millionaires" bootleg, Feederz "Violence is..," Nazis From Mars lp, Toxic Reasons lps, RKL lp, way more. Retarded record fair today has left me penniless.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

I'm a loving idiot and slept through the Amebix show. I hate myself.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Two songs from the new Propagandhi album, "Dear Coach’s Corner" and "Human(e) Meat" are out there. Both are really good, they have the same kind of sound as they had on Potemkin City Limits. I'm really excited for this release.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

DRD posted:

Two songs from the new Propagandhi album, "Dear Coach’s Corner" and "Human(e) Meat" are out there. Both are really good, they have the same kind of sound as they had on Potemkin City Limits. I'm really excited for this release.

This album was supposed to be out like a year ago. I wonder if it'll come out before winter.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

So I don't know how many of you guys are fans of O Pioneers, but they're new album is up streaming on punknews and it's pretty badass and you should listen to it. They pushed a copy out for the fest and I snagged one, and it's seriously one of my favorite albums so far. I wouldn't say it's quite as good as Black Mambas, but it's still badass.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Yeah I just gave it a listen. I like it a lot, but I freaking love Black Mambas. Their old drummer had such a cool style...

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Judgement are playing Chaos in Tejas this year. Dreams = realized.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ozean posted:

So I don't know how many of you guys are fans of O Pioneers, but they're new album is up streaming on punknews and it's pretty badass and you should listen to it. They pushed a copy out for the fest and I snagged one, and it's seriously one of my favorite albums so far. I wouldn't say it's quite as good as Black Mambas, but it's still badass.

last.fm says super similarity to Dillinger Four so I'll give them a shot

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

ChaosNonMusica posted:

pretty much

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
On the topic of "emo", the new Appleseed Cast album is floating around in the form of a promotional stream, somewhere. I still have to give it a few more listens, but it's a pretty good fusion of Low Level Owl and Peregrine.

Are these guys the last remnants of 90's emo or is there another old band existing in some form or another?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Interesting comparison there last.fm. I believe the only similarity is that they both own. Hard.

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

On the topic of "emo", the new Appleseed Cast album is floating around in the form of a promotional stream, somewhere. I still have to give it a few more listens, but it's a pretty good fusion of Low Level Owl and Peregrine.

Are these guys the last remnants of 90's emo or is there another old band existing in some form or another?

There's plenty of 90's emo still around if you know where to look. Try Algernon Cadwallader.

edit: Oh you meant bands that were around in the 90's, nevermind. Suggestion stands though. The Stella Brass who were a very obscure 90's emo band got back together and are currently recording new stuff, check out their myspace.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

Interesting comparison there last.fm. I believe the only similarity is that they both own. Hard.

Urgh. No. No they do not. D4 owns about 75% of the time, these dudes do not.

Also I say 75% of the time because while I enjoy Midwestern Songs and Versus God I really only love Situationist Comedy and CIVIL WAR

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Urgh. No. No they do not. D4 owns about 75% of the time, these dudes do not.

Also I say 75% of the time because while I enjoy Midwestern Songs and Versus God I really only love Situationist Comedy and CIVIL WAR

Two problems here. D4 owns 100% of the time. And the O Pioneers own for two extremely awesome records. Point is, they don't sound anything alike. Just probably have overlapping fans.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The problem with Midwestern and Versus is that none of it stands out. It all blends together.

Situationist and CIVIL WAR don't have that problem.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Yeah, it may be all one song, but it's all one loving incredible song.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

This new O Pioneers album is pretty good. I couldn't get into them before but I might have to give Black Mambas another chance. Didn't they not have a bass player before?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Yeah, they used to be a two-piece.

Also, someone should steal his guitar for me.

Bohemian Stairbird
Aug 10, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Uh yeah you should because they're hell of awesome. I saw them at the fest and they put on probably the funnest show I went to.

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
Anyone heard the new A Day to Remember album? It's awesome.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ozean posted:

Uh yeah you should because they're hell of awesome. I saw them at the fest and they put on probably the funnest show I went to.

I dunno

They have that whole guttural singing thing going on that took me a bit to get used to with D4, but it sounds utterly terrible over an acoustic

Givin' it a miss

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Manchester Orchestra has a new song "I've Got Friends"

http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/04/manchester-orchestra-ive-got-friends-mp3-exclusive/

I like it, the chorus is kind of reminiscent of Modest Mouse without exactly sounding like them

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Pres posted:

Anyone heard the new A Day to Remember album? It's awesome.

no. poo poo sucks.

here you go guys, saved you the trouble, you can just quote me.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

gently caress.

whats with all these amazing japanese bands coming to places far from me? first systematic death, now judgement...

granted, i saw forward and warhead a while ago but i'd drink the blood of my brother to see judgement.

also, the amebix show was amazing.

EDIT: also, while perusing HG FACT for info about the paintbox EP and singles collection i saw that they'll be putting out a hosed Up 7". gets props for hosed up in my book.

Your Weird Uncle fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 5, 2009

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Your Weird Uncle posted:

gently caress.

whats with all these amazing japanese bands coming to places far from me? first systematic death, now judgement...

granted, i saw forward and warhead a while ago but i'd drink the blood of my brother to see judgement.

also, the amebix show was amazing.

EDIT: also, while perusing HG FACT for info about the paintbox EP and singles collection i saw that they'll be putting out a hosed Up 7". gets props for hosed up in my book.

I own that 7". It's got a loving sweet jacket. Trying to communicate with the guy was both frustrating and awesome at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The owner of this one Japanese punk shop that I'm always trading with was looking for some death metal 7" that I just happened to have, so I told him I'd trade it to him for a copy of that new Paintbox 7" when it comes out. Score! I also got a flyer today from a shop that says that the 3rd Paintbox album will finally be released in August. Can't. loving. Wait.