Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I know that people post job openings on here from time to time, but they are pretty rare and not always in your part of the world. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just say "Hey, I'm looking for a job in Dallas, anybody have any leads?" and have the jobs come to you, instead? I agree!

So yeah, that's pretty much the gist of this thread. Call it Goon Networking, I don't know. It's no substitute for the old fashioned job search sites, but since it seems so many jobs are more about who you know, it can't hurt to just ask and see if anybody has any contacts you can use! Right?

:siren: Current Openings :siren:
For up-to-date listings, [edit by Internet Explorer: check the thread. The spreadsheet had a bunch of racist poo poo in it. This is why we can't have nice things.]

Edit: I've removed the old previous listings, which haven't been touched in probably a year or more. Stick with the goon-maintained spreadsheet or the newer posts in the thread for updates.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Got a job! This space can now be rented to anyone that wants the front page ;)

Nybble fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 11, 2009

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

My experience: 3+ years as a Linux, eDirectory, Identity Management engineer for a University (30k+ users)
What I'm looking for: A job that has a good amount of Linux, Novell, or both.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Dayton, OH area (looking to relocate)
Where I'm looking: Chicago, IL (I am from Chicago originally want to move back home closer to family)
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: PM, swimnurd@gmail.com

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

What the gently caress, why not. My post-graduation job search thus far has been pretty dismal.

My Experience: About a decade of small/mid-scale web app development (PHP, MySQL, etc), Website / UI design/development (Raw HTML/CSS), and Linux server configuration & administration (Apache, Exim, MySQL, backup, security, etc). I also have a decent amount of experience tearing apart diverse open source LAMP stuff, squishing it together, and making it do my bidding as one cohesive whole. (Oh, and I've got one of those lovely 'degree' things from the USF CSE department, which finally got here in the mail today! Only took them two months to get around to sending it out.)
What I'm Looking For: Stuff like that ^, but with an actual team. I'm sort of tired of doing all the dev crap on my own, and also being the office staff, and also being customer service, and also being on-site tech support, and also being [everything else].
What I'm NOT Looking For: Asp.NET Development (and not for blind zealotry reasons, I did a lot of C#/ASP.NET stuff my last semester of college, and while I was competent I hated it), Helpdesk gruntwork, etc.
Where I Live: Tampa, FL
Where I'm Looking: Central FL, preferably gulf coast.
When I Can Start: When do you want me?
Requirements: Full Time Only. I really don't want to be a contractor. Not having to pay for my own health insurance would be neat. It would also be great if your company is not some sleazy internet marketing outfit.
Can Be Reached Via: e-mail redacted, PM's, this thread, whatever.

Additionally, anyone have general tips on finding tech employment? I've got my resume out on the major job boards, and have had indeed.com spitting relevant job postings at my e-mail for the past two months (and have been applying for most anything I'm qualified for), but thus far I've only actually heard from three headhunters, and only one of them has been able to get me an interview (for a job I'm probably going to turn down). Good thing I've got my lovely computer janitor job to keep me sorta busy, or I'd be going completely nuts.

Update: Quit my CJ job, got a job offer later that afternoon. Not from this thread, but it's still work. I start Monday. Hooray, employment!

inpheaux fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 26, 2009

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm not an HR guy for my employer, but in a couple months we'll be looking to hire a low to medium end Windows support guy, experience with Windows Server 2k3 and minor Linux knowledge would be a good place to start.

Also, you need to be organized and able to interface with customers and have some ability in project planning. Basically, you're going to live at one clients office and take care of them so I can do other, more important tasks.

We're in midtown Manhattan. We won't be looking until around April, though.

The benefits include getting to work with me.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
employed

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 18, 2016

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm pretty happy in my current position, and I have excellent benefits. If anyone in the Kansas City metro area has an opening I'd be willing to consider moving back home closer to the family. Same for the Baton Rouge/NOLA area for the right package.

My experience: 3 years Windows 2003 Server Infrastructure support in a multi site enterprise environment. Specializing in AD, Group Policy, Desktop management, folder permissions and Exchange 2k3. Light Avaya PBX, Cisco, VMWare knowledge. There's tons more, but this isn't a full resume.
What I'm looking for: Mid level System Admin position dealing with Windows Infrastructure.
What I'm NOT looking for: Website hosting, coding, first line help desk.
Where I live: San Antonio, TX
Where I'm looking: Kansas City Metro (Topeka, Lawrence as well), Baton Rouge/NOLA metro.
When I can start: flexible
Requirements: Full Time no contract, Health Insurance, 401K match, at least 2 weeks vacation to start. Positive challenging work environment.
Can be reached via: PM

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 9, 2009

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.
My experience: Three and a half years of Windows Server 2003; sole technical administrator of five-site Active Directory setup with 150 workstations, five DCs, twelve servers. Some entertaining disaster recovery. MCSA:Messaging/MCSE certified with significant Exchange experience, extensive experience figuring out how to fix things that are mostly or entirely undocumented. CCNA, halfway through my CCNP.
What I'm looking for: Non-senior systems or network administration positions, possibly lead help desk for the right place.
What I'm NOT looking for: Contract work of less than a year's duration, night shift, entry-level help desk.
Where I live: Olympia, WA.
Where I'm looking: Seattle and Tacoma area.
When I can start: Two weeks notice.
Requirements: Full-time or a reasonable contract-to-hire,
Can be reached via: PM, this thread.

Updated: 12/17/2010

Midelne fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 17, 2010

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

My experience: I graduated from Columbia with a math degree thirteen months ago. Since then, I've been a Project Manager for a Clinical Trials lab. However, for the last four months, I've been testing and validating programs we use at the lab.

What I'm looking for: A good group of people to work with and interesting problems. I only took my current job because I had been working there during school and felt I had the best job given the market and my lack of interest in finance. Therefore, anything that is remotely interesting would be welcomed.

What I'm not looking for: I do not like to travel often. I can deal with a trip or two every year, but am not looking to do any more than that.

Where I live: New York City

Where I'm looking: New York City

When I can start: Two-weeks after you hire me.

Requirements: Full-time, benefits.

Can be reached: PM.

EDIT: Corrected.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 11, 2009

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Just came in the mail

quote:

C#/SQL Developer
1 Year Contract
St. Louis, MO

Travel Requirement: Minimal - may require trip to theme park :razz:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Any problem with us posting openings in here also?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Misogynist posted:

Any problem with us posting openings in here also?
Not at all! Post away!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Hey! We've got three two IT job openings in my group!

Who we are: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a leading research institution in the fields of bioinformatics, neuroscience, cancer research and other areas of life sciences.
Where we are: Cold Spring Harbor, NY, on the north shore of Long Island just on the border between Nassau and Suffolk Counties.

---

Job title: Systems Engineer III (Linux/Solaris/HPC)
What we want: Generic senior-type Linux sysadmin with a wide variety of software experiences; cluster experience preferred, but not necessary. Software includes Samba, LAMP stuff, FTP servers, Puppet, and a bunch of scientific/informatics software (BLAST, Blat, Velvet, Matlab, Solexa pipelines, etc.) that you'll be installing a lot more than you'll be interacting with it. Strong system automation skills with good scripting ability are a must; experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or Cfengine wouldn't hurt (we're running Puppet). Experience working in a highly-heterogeneous Windows/Mac/Linux/Solaris environment is a must. You should be extremely comfortable with installing software from source and Perl modules from CPAN.

Job title: Systems Engineer III (Windows/Exchange)
What we want: We're about to move our Exchange servers to a clustered, highly-available architecture backed by SAN storage, and we'd like someone with SAN experience to come in and help us get it right. You'll be doing minimal administration on some email appliances, which we haven't decided on yet. Experience with archiving and compliance is preferred, and specific experience with Symantec Enterprise Vault is awesome. When Exchange hasn't got you down, you'll be helping out our senior Windows guy with some stuff on the Windows end (AD, SQL, etc.).

Job title: Storage Engineer III (SAN/Backup)
What we want: Someone with extensive SAN experience to come in and help manage our storage, which includes an IBM SAN, BlueArc NAS and numerous Sun systems (Thumper/Thor and Amber Road). Must be proficient at profiling, testing and tuning storage hardware, as some of it will be used in an HPC environment with 500+ nodes hammering it at once. Experience with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager preferred, but should have some experience with managing backups in an enterprise environment. The more you know about clustering and high-availability at the OS level (Windows, Linux, Solaris, ESX) the better, but it's not a strict requirement.

---

Virtualization experience is helpful for all three of these jobs, though it's being used far more extensively on the Linux end.

Why you'd want to work here: We're situated on a beautiful campus on the north shore of Long Island right along the water. Extensive on-campus dining facilities (there's a bar across from our offices) and a gym. Education is a really cool place to be; the environment is pretty low-pressure compared to most environments of this size. We're right in the middle of transitioning from a Mickey Mouse IT environment to something truly enterprise-grade. Finally, if you're a food nerd, we're 10 minutes from anything you could possibly want in Huntington Village or Syosset.

Our group in the IT department is small and tight-knit, and we're all really smart people. We don't hack together solutions to problems. Most importantly, you get to play with a lot of different things here, so it's not like you're pigeonholed to a job responsibility like "my job is to QA patches for our CentOS 5 systems." I got more resume fodder in 6 months working here than 5 years at my last job.

If you live in NYC, you can get out here by train. There's a lot of commuters from the city, and the lab runs a shuttle from the Syosset train station to both of our campuses.

Why you wouldn't want to work here: Education is kind of funny. Our institution is made up of around 50 smaller labs, each with their own research goals, their own agendas, and their own technical requirements. This results in some things that are, to be blunt, a lot more heterogeneous than they should be. A good part of your job will be convincing scientists to do things IT's way.

Salary: We're a non-profit, so don't expect us to match Wall Street, but you'll have no trouble living on it. I can't really say anything about numbers, so talk to our HR department. I'd take the bullshit route out and say that it's "based on experience" but all of these positions are rather senior anyway.

PM me for more details on any of these positions.

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 18, 2009

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.
What about those of us who have great full-time jobs but would enjoy freelance gigs on the side? Should those be kept out of this thread to prevent clutter?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 29, 2013

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

nolen posted:

What about those of us who have great full-time jobs but would enjoy freelance gigs on the side? Should those be kept out of this thread to prevent clutter?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that until the economy unfreezes this thread could probably use all the clutter it can get.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Midelne posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that until the economy unfreezes this thread could probably use all the clutter it can get.

Yeah, go nuts.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Happily employed, thanks :)

Erwin fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 7, 2010

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.
My experience: 3.5 years as Windows systems administrator for a ~110 person company spread across two offices. AD/Exchange administration, BES, corporate AV, Group Policy, yadda yadda yadda.
What I'm looking for: Low level IT management. I've spearheaded a bunch of projects with varying degrees of success, but I know that I'm best at dealing with people. Now I want to make the jump to managing them.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, datacenter positions
Where I live: Long Island
Where I'm looking: NYC
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance is a must, a little flexibility with afternoon hours. I'm a part time grad student at NYU so occasionally I have to leave early to get to class. I have no problem being on call and staying late other days to make it up.
Can be reached via: my username at gmail dot com

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just to reiterate my post, I had a project meeting with my bosses yesterday, and they told me that they're going to look at hiring someone around April for me to train and hand off my job to so I can go back to focusing on telephony.

The biggest caveat, is that the person must have experience supporting financial companies (brokerage firms, or hedge funds). If someone fits that, and is interested in a job in NYC at a small, but quickly growing company, let me know. I can pass you along to our management and you guys can talk.

Model Camper posted:

Where I live: Long Island
Where I'm looking: NYC

Any financial support experience? And where do you live on the Island?

Erwin posted:

Oh god I hate my job. How much? Enough that I keep thinking about whether I could handle the 2hr commute each way to Jerk McJerkface's location :( (not that he would hire me)

Where I live: Philly/Allentown area of PA
Where I'm looking: Cannot relocate.

That's a rough commute. We have a client with an office in Phily, I drive down there twice a month, and it's way too long

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 10, 2009

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Any financial support experience? And where do you live on the Island?

Unfortunately not, the company I work for is a small, niche marketing firm.

I live in Long Beach, a 55 minute ride on the LIRR to Penn. I'm the strange guy who actually likes the commute (I go into the city a lot in evenings and weekends, even on days I don't have class).

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The biggest caveat, is that the person must have experience supporting financial companies (brokerage firms, or hedge funds). If someone fits that, and is interested in a job in NYC at a small, but quickly growing company, let me know. I can pass you along to our management and you guys can talk.

I've always wondered about this requirement. What's so special about supporting financial companies?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

CrazyLittle posted:

I've always wondered about this requirement. What's so special about supporting financial companies?

If you haven't supported them, then it's hard to explain.

But imagine, you're a circus performer, and whlie walking a tightrope, you have to juggle running chainsaws. However, these chainsaws are also on fire, shoot laserbeam, and are electrified. You are also wearing a suit made out of bees.

Seriously, though, it's different than just keeping a network up and running. You have to maintain 100% uptime, at all times. Any outage can costs the traders hundreds of thousands of dollars. Any packet-loss is unacceptable, because Bloomberg, TT, Redi, and the other apps they use will freak out with just a couple missing packets.

It's pretty stressful, but you're also not constrained by the limits of a budget, they understand they need you, so they give you the freedom you need to install what you want. It has it's pros and cons, like everything else.

The reason it's required if you want a job supporting them is that if you don't understand the terminology they use, and the way they and markets work, it's very hard for you to manage applications that they need.

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

Jerk McJerkface posted:

But imagine, you're a circus performer, and whlie walking a tightrope, you have to juggle running chainsaws. However, these chainsaws are also on fire, shoot laserbeam, and are electrified. You are also wearing a suit made out of bees.

That actually sounds like my kind of gig. I'll get back to you in five years or so.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

It's pretty stressful, but you're also not constrained by the limits of a budget,

Sadly, the last part isn't really true at the minute. Although it's probably still more true than most places.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Considering there is no search function, and this thread could get large, it may be worth listing your location really clearly so people can skim through the thread seeing who is in their area.

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

If you haven't supported them, then it's hard to explain.

Seriously, though, it's different than just keeping a network up and running. You have to maintain 100% uptime, at all times. Any outage can costs the traders hundreds of thousands of dollars. Any packet-loss is unacceptable, because Bloomberg, TT, Redi, and the other apps they use will freak out with just a couple missing packets.

It's pretty stressful, but you're also not constrained by the limits of a budget, they understand they need you, so they give you the freedom you need to install what you want. It has it's pros and cons, like everything else.

The reason it's required if you want a job supporting them is that if you don't understand the terminology they use, and the way they and markets work, it's very hard for you to manage applications that they need.

A lot of the people I went to undergrad with went this route straight out of school (I've got friends at Bloomberg) or the ERP consulting route (Accenture) and we've often talked about what we do day to day. They made a lot more money than I did taking my general sys admin job at a small company but now, a few years later, I've got a really broad set of skills and they're focused on one or two specific support tasks. Yeah, they still make more money (they also work in NYC and I work on LI right now) but I'm happy with the route I chose.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course. But like Jerk McJerkface said, it takes a certain kind of person and experience to work with finance people.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Red Oktober posted:

Sadly, the last part isn't really true at the minute. Although it's probably still more true than most places.

Well, all of our financial-focus clients have been doing fantastic and actually growing at a good pace. Lots of hedge funds and what not have died off, but there's some that are just playing it right.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 6, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

To try to make it easier to find openings in a sea of requests, I'm going to try to keep the first post updated with any currently posted positions. Should the positions be filled, let me know and I'll edit out the link.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
this was a bad post

wolffenstein fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 10, 2012

SuperCaptainJ
Jun 24, 2005

No longer open, thanks!

SuperCaptainJ fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 19, 2009

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

brc64 posted:

To try to make it easier to find openings in a sea of requests, I'm going to try to keep the first post updated with any currently posted positions. Should the positions be filled, let me know and I'll edit out the link.

EDIT: 10/23/2009 -- currently filled, will edit as necessary.

Thanks for the post.

vty fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 23, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

bell biv devoe posted:

In that case we're looking to hire Windows Server (2k3-2k8) Admins that are WEB admins. IIS, Plesk, cPanel, Helm, and the various mail/dns/etc servers that come with the territory. I'll also consider you if you've got experience with Windows Server but have not worked in the hosting industry - but you'll need to prove a firm grasp of server administration. You will use very little LDAP/AD skills here.

We're in Houston, and typically offer relocation to the right candidates.

mike @ hostgator.com
aim: islangfiber

Thanks for the post.
An Austin posting, a Houston posting... come on Dallas, I know you're out there!

Post updated, thanks!

LordKain
Oct 8, 2006

Never hurts to try, good thread

My experience: Working on AAS in Comp Info Systems (less than a year left), 6-9 months as a Technician Assistant supporting an elementary school (XP based), 1 year 2 months at Comcast working in the tech support call center for Internet and CDV services (2K/XP/Vista/OX9/OSX supported), 1 year 5 months at a small company doing software testing
What I'm looking for: An IT career in any industry with room to grow, learn, and advance
What I'm NOT looking for: Part time or entry level
Where I live: West Bloomfield, MI
Where I'm looking: within 30 miles preferred, no relocating
When I can start: As soon as possible, after giving proper notice
Requirements: Competitive pay scale, usual benefits, affordable health insures would be nice
Can be reached via: PM, here, patrickwhite.jobsearch@gmail.com

LordKain fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 11, 2009

ruarc
Oct 22, 2008

what
My Experience: BA in Arts and Technology (emphasis on texture and lighting with 3D); 1yr of PHP Programming, web development and design, as well as a little flash. Competent with HTML, MySQL, PHP, Photoshop and the like, Maya; Have worked with PRMan, Unix, C++, 3D game engines, Illustrator, and ASP in relation to front end application.
What I'm looking for: Any job in programming, games, or Web work. Willing to try anything.
What I'm NOT looking for: Hourly grunt work; Contract work.
Where I Live: North Texas (commuter distance to Dallas, TX)
Where I'm Looking: Anywhere in the US, Canada, and Europe.
When I can start: As soon as I can after notice to current employer.
Requirements: Standard benefits, full-time, livable salary, relocation benefits if applicable.
Can be reached via: PM, AIM: ruarctb, Email

ruarc fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 11, 2009

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
I didn't want to start a new thread because it's pretty related, I was just looking at IT jobs with the U.N.

Is it just me or do these motherfuckers want 6 years experience for a bullshit frontline helpdesk job????

https://jobs.un.org/Galaxy/Release3/vacancy/Display_Vac.aspx?lang=1200&VACID=cd8a4bb3-23fd-43b9-9bcf-32d827283688

Is that unreasonable or am I misreading this job?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey, no OP love for my job posting?

Let me follow your template and try again:

--First off, let me say that I'm not in charge of hiring/interviewing at all, but I know that we're looking for someone in a couple months, so I'm trying to be proactive, because the person we hire will basically be assisting me for a few months, and the sooner we get people lined up, the better.

What we're looking for: Low to mid-level computer tech with experience in networking, Windows Server 2k3, basic Linux knowledge, and VOIP experience a plus. Experience with financial support required. The person must be organized, able to do some basic project planning, and deal with clients directly. Applicant needs to be able to quickly learn and figure out new technologies.

What we're not looking for: Disorganized people that aren't interested in learning and simply want a help-desk job with no desire to do anything.

Approximate opening date: April/May 2009

Benefits: Health (HSA with company contribution), Dental, getting to work with me.

Notes: We're a small company, but have been growing considerably in the past year. We have a small core of techs, but we're all basically super-geniuses. Our sales team sells products and solutions that we have never heard of all the time and we just have to figure it out and make it work.

Contact: email me at ericcorp AT gmail.com DOT com and I'll get you to our people.

EDIT: add contact info

EDIT2:

I've already gotten a few emails about my companies job posting!

Just to add some more information for everyone:

1) We're not interested in remote agents. Unless you have lots of VOIP or Asterisk experience, we wouldn't really have any use for a remote agent for our financial clients. Sorry

2) We're really interested in someone with Adtran experience. it's not a requirement, but you have to know something about networking.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 17, 2009

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

marketingman posted:

Is it just me or do these motherfuckers want 6 years experience for a bullshit frontline helpdesk job????

https://jobs.un.org/Galaxy/Release3/vacancy/Display_Vac.aspx?lang=1200&VACID=cd8a4bb3-23fd-43b9-9bcf-32d827283688

Is that unreasonable or am I misreading this job?

U.N. posted:

Build, test and modify prototype application software based on detailed instructions; Install and maintain software systems; Support senior staff in the creation and maintenance of application software within Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access and web-based architectures, etc.; Assist in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials; Maintain regular contact with users and technical staff in user offices and provide support as required; Conduct research on new technologies as requested

Kind of looks like a combination Q&A/Help Desk with what could potentially be a significant amount of programming involved. Also, you get to tell people, "I work for the U.N."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Hey, no OP love for my job posting?
I was going to add yours, but your first post said your company wasn't looking yet, so I skipped it. Mistake corrected. :)