Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

talk show ghost
Mar 2, 2006

by Ozma

keykey posted:

If I had 2500 to drop on a vehicle, I'd definitely get an 82 accord.

Click here for the full 818x831 image.

You have to start high on craigslist, people lowball you like crazy. I posted an ad for an LCD monitor 2 months old with all the packaging bought for $300 from newegg and I had people emailing me asking if $10 and a walkman was ok because THEY'LL COME AND GET IT RIGHT NOW NOW NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

While not quite Craigslist gold, have I got some pictures of a truck for you guys...

Wants $14,500 OBO in South NJ. But just look at that drivers side rear control arm bracket! The Rockwells, on the other hand...

Otacon fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 11, 2009

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1015398829.html

Hrrngh.

That is a Countach wing, isn't it? Or a least a rip-off one. I can almost fathom painting a DeLorean - even though you can still work dents out of the stainless and rebrush - but why is it always the worst of loving reds?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

echoplex posted:

Hrrngh.

That is a Countach wing, isn't it? Or a least a rip-off one. I can almost fathom painting a DeLorean - even though you can still work dents out of the stainless and rebrush - but why is it always the worst of loving reds?

That poor, poor car. It looks so sad in the lower right photo. "Please. Kill me. Please."

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

echoplex posted:

Hrrngh.

Can't tell for sure, but does that license plate say SMELLY?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Otacon posted:

Can't tell for sure, but does that license plate say SMELLY?

SHELY143 if my eyes are working.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

I... I just died a little inside :smith:

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
I can't decide if it's worse than that 2F2F DeLorean "GTR" that appeared. It was missing it's T-bar (which covers the door-opening torsion bars), and the guy claimed it was for "cooling". Naturally.

I've just noticed his red H2. It says so much.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

echoplex posted:

I've just noticed his red H2. It says so much.

It's an H3, but yeah.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Someone needs to purchase and save that car.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Spiffness posted:

Someone needs to purchase and save that car.

Can the original body panels be saved?

I choose to believe that there's a DeLorean club out there somewhere banding together right now to raise money to buy this car and return it to its original glory. :colbert:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
suv - $10000

quote:

2005 Kia Sportage EX, v-6 automatic, one adult owner, garage kept, very low miles (9,000) CD player, sun roof, power windows & locks, alloy wheels, good tread on tires, tinted windows, cruise control, passenger & side airbags, I will reply to your questions instantly via blackberry.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DropShadow posted:

If you're really keen, they're all available new. I'd imagine someone with sufficient metalworking skills could resuscitate what's there, though.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

DropShadow posted:

I choose to believe that there's a DeLorean club out there somewhere banding together right now to raise money to buy this car and return it to its original glory. :colbert:

Yeah, the body kit is a semi-official one, so unless he's Rice Hammered it in with drywall screws, it possible. Paint can be stripped off and the SS can be re-brushed. The cars are normally painted to cover a bondo filled dent, but there's a number of DMC guys who could hammer that out and do a rebrush. It'd cost a lot, though, more than it would be to buy a normal D - I'll guess that this fool is wanting, what, $10k for it? It's probably not actually worth more than $5k - if I lived in the states I'd offer him that in cash and make the car a decent project. It'll need new plastics, the door alignment appears hosed (which could be any number of things - a fixable factory defect, maybe neglect), and the interior may be even worse than the exterior... but that car can still be saved.

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.

Jonny 290 posted:

suv - $10000

quote:
2005 Kia Sportage EX, v-6 automatic, one adult owner, garage kept, very low miles (9,000) CD player, sun roof, power windows & locks, alloy wheels, good tread on tires, tinted windows, cruise control, passenger & side airbags, I will reply to your questions instantly via blackberry.

I don't get it. He even said 'tread' and not 'thread'. Is it b/c of the Blackberry thing?

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally (Evo 7)
http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/cto/1029995765.html

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition Evo 7 Replica
13k OBO, Clean Title!, No crashes, Never been smoked in, No Dents
83k miles, 2nd owner, 4 cyl, 5 spd, FWD, Black interior
MODS: Evo 7 Full Body Kit w/ Spoiler, ADR 18 inch rims with brand new toyo tires, New Red Paint, Red Underglow neon, Red interior lighting, Evo 8 Header, Cold Air Intake, B&M Short Throw Shifter, Window tint, 15 inch Audiobahn Sub w/ amp, Stereo Deck w/ upgraded speakers, Custom Exhaust, Racing Pedals

I've always thought the Evo was a bit too boy-racer in appearance, but you can't deny the performance. This is just sad, though - like a eunuch wearing a t-shirt that says "I have a 12-inch cock". A 2003 Lancer OZ edition books around $6,000 in excellent condition.

nanodroogie fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 11, 2009

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
So, I'm a poor college student in Michigan looking to get a summer job as a wilderness firefighter out west- possibly Washington, New Mexico, or Alaska. I will have to drive across the country in a couple of days, with all my clothes & poo poo, and probably will sleep in my car.

So I'm wondering what the expert opinions are on the following Chevy s10 pickup:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1029889614.html

"Got a 1991 Chevy S-10 standard cab, 4.3l with no leaks,has a 5-Speed that shifts real good and has a topper. Has a little over 133,000 miles with a fresh oil change. Real good truck that starts up everytime. 1195$ OBO no reasonable offer refused."

Click here for the full 800x602 image.

Fancy Car
Aug 29, 2003

fill the tank full of shit posts and goatse every 3000 miles
This may be a bit of a double post, but it's relevant since I bought it off craigslist.

1963 Plymouth Valiant

It drives really well and the final price was $1700 :)

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

nanodroogie posted:

I don't get it. He even said 'tread' and not 'thread'. Is it b/c of the Blackberry thing?

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally (Evo 7)
http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/cto/1029995765.html

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition Evo 7 Replica
13k OBO, Clean Title!, No crashes, Never been smoked in, No Dents
83k miles, 2nd owner, 4 cyl, 5 spd, FWD, Black interior
MODS: Evo 7 Full Body Kit w/ Spoiler, ADR 18 inch rims with brand new toyo tires, New Red Paint, Red Underglow neon, Red interior lighting, Evo 8 Header, Cold Air Intake, B&M Short Throw Shifter, Window tint, 15 inch Audiobahn Sub w/ amp, Stereo Deck w/ upgraded speakers, Custom Exhaust, Racing Pedals

I've always thought the Evo was a bit too boy-racer in appearance, but you can't deny the performance. This is just sad, though - like a eunuch wearing a t-shirt that says "I have a 12-inch cock". A 2003 Lancer OZ edition books around $6,000 in excellent condition.

Shouldn't an Evo 8 header have a turbo attached to it?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Speleothing posted:

So, I'm a poor college student in Michigan looking to get a summer job as a wilderness firefighter out west- possibly Washington, New Mexico, or Alaska. I will have to drive across the country in a couple of days, with all my clothes & poo poo, and probably will sleep in my car.

So I'm wondering what the expert opinions are on the following Chevy s10 pickup:

"Got a 1991 Chevy S-10 standard cab, 4.3l with no leaks,has a 5-Speed that shifts real good and has a topper. Has a little over 133,000 miles with a fresh oil change. Real good truck that starts up everytime. 1195$ OBO no reasonable offer refused."

Make sure you start it when it's cold and drive it around till it's fully warmed up. If no issues are apparent and brakes, tires, clutch, and body are fine, it might be a good deal even at asking price. Haggle still. Good luck.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Speleothing posted:

Buddy of mine's dad has a '91 S10 - 4.3, stick shift - that he bought in 1992. He was telling me a few days ago that he hadn't ever put a single dime into that truck other than oil changes, and it's never let him down, left him stranded, or failed to start. I'd say jump on this deal - this is a very reliable truck.

City17
Dec 3, 2006

I'm at a loss for words

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/1027991646.html

Click here for the full 901x1036 image.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

nanodroogie posted:

It's an SUV in today's market that should be priced somewhere around 7500, splitting a few values I've found online. It just kind of screams upside-down-on-this-POS to me.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

deviant. posted:

The nerf bars and mudflaps are somehow the weirdest part. On a car this...molested, the 2 things that'd be completely normal on something else are the weirdest part.

Everything else is just rice taken to the extreme, cant decide if you want a fake hood scoop or fake roof scoop? Get both! wings west whale tail roof spoiler or weird bodykit quarter panel spoiler? Fukken both dawg! But nerf bars? is this something people are doing now? or is it something this retard got high and came up with and had a friend weld him some up?

edit: and what does someone who sells a car like this buy next? I mean a Ferrari F50 would be the next logical progression but what if he takes some weird tangent and gets a town car and a AAA membership, or a boring little bitty japanese crossover SUV or a prius or a 26' box International retired u-haul diesel truck.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 12, 2009

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Wagonburner posted:

The nerf bars and mudflaps are somehow the weirdest part. On a car this...molested, the 2 things that'd be completely normal on something else are the weirdest part.

Everything else is just rice taken to the extreme, cant decide if you want a fake hood scoop or fake roof scoop? Get both! wings west whale tail roof spoiler or weird bodykit quarter panel spoiler? Fukken both dawg! But nerf bars? is this something people are doing now? or is it something this retard got high and came up with and had a friend weld him some up?

edit: and what does someone who sells a car like this buy next? I mean a Ferrari F50 would be the next logical progression but what if he take some weird tangent and gets a town car and a AAA membership, or a boring little bitty japanese crossover SUV or a prius or a 26' retired diesel u-haul truck.

I think he went to Autozone with a blank check and said GIVE ME EVERYTING!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait.... what?

This thing has a plastic blower on it as well? How on Earth can he title it as a Corvette? If it were possible to title cars as other things as he was suggesting, wouldn't half of California be running "50's cars" so they don't have to pass emissions?

Oh god I'm focusing on the titling thing because my mind just cannot process what he has done.

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG

Click here for the full 1663x1764 image.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1026364546.html

Somehow I doubt it's never been raced.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I went to college there - there is NO WHERE to race within 30 miles, and the police there have nothing better to do. I would say its actually a safe bet!

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Otacon posted:

I went to college there - there is NO WHERE to race within 30 miles, and the police there have nothing better to do. I would say its actually a safe bet!

Carnegie Mellon?

The MAD TYTE MODZ don't make it worth $5k over market value.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
If I was Craig, I would automatically de-list car ads that contain the word "invested"

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

angryhampster posted:

Shouldn't an Evo 8 header have a turbo attached to it?

Greddy performance billet turbo delete adapter.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

revmoo posted:

If I was Craig, I would automatically de-list car ads that contain the word "invested"

Someone needs to tell all those idiots that nothing about a car is an investment. Unless it's a Barrett Jackson beauty queen and in the current economy that's not as true as it was 5 years ago either.

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.
Surprised this hasn't sold yet...

2005 F-250 - $195000
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ctd/1023786027.html

Click here for the full 1033x702 image.

nanodroogie fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 13, 2009

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Usually when people buy a car they need it asap not 3-4 months from now.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1026861049.html

quote:

Looking to sell my '05 Altima in May/June. (not moving until May/June so I need it until then)

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

eric posted:

Usually when people buy a car they need it asap not 3-4 months from now.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1026861049.html

He's just anticipating a 4-month bidding war for that rare piece of automobilia.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

DropShadow posted:

He's just anticipating a 4-month bidding war for that rare piece of automobilia.

Exactly! *Drives 100 feet, sees 10 Altimas.*

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

eric posted:

Exactly! *Drives 100 feet, sees 10 Altimas.*

You're really understating the rarity of white Altimas. There are only four on my block.

nivdes fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 13, 2009

Aran
Jan 17, 2007

by elpintogrande
It's a rare day when I see more than six drive by my house before I go outside for the day.

Duff McWhalen
Jan 6, 2005

Item Obtained: Goo Shaver

Speleothing posted:

I drive a '93 S-10 4.3 TBI that I bought from a guy at work who "low ridered" it. Thankfully a pry bar and a hammer helped remove the low riderness. After changing the radiator and hoses and doing some routine maintenance it has been a fantastic truck considering I throw about 60 miles a day on it every day over the past year. The only think you need to take a hard look at is the fuel pump; I live in Minnesota and when we had our first frost it died and upon further inspection it is not uncommon for these things to have their stock fuel pumps take a dump. But in summary it's been a very tough truck that always starts even in extreme cold and I have been impressed with it.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

Weinertron posted:

Wait.... what?

This thing has a plastic blower on it as well? How on Earth can he title it as a Corvette? If it were possible to title cars as other things as he was suggesting, wouldn't half of California be running "50's cars" so they don't have to pass emissions?

Oh god I'm focusing on the titling thing because my mind just cannot process what he has done.

It's as if he took every popular automotive meme since '53 and lumped them into one genetically altered abomination. That vehicle will destroy us all! It must be stopped at all costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

Someone in the northern Ohio area want a AMC Eagle 4x4 with a whole parts car?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1034094797.html