Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

gerfatty posted:

gently caress don't remind me! I had the choice of going to see them 3 hours away or seeing Andrew Jackson Jihad, Shinobu, Mike Park, and Sundowner an hour and a half away and for free, and I loving chose option B. "Oh, the Ergs will be back. I'll see them next year."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Hey rear end in a top hat, remember when i argued we should go see the Ergs! and you convinced me otherwise? Yeah. gently caress you. :(

Subwizzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttslave
Jun 8, 2007
Onwards and Upwards!
I find this thread odd because all my punk friends really, really hate emo and hardcore. And then the tiny bit of emo and hardcore kids I've talked to all say they hate punk. I'm confused.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

Woo! Good news from the pop-punk front for once.

Teenage Bottlerocket loving rules and they deserve all the attention and money they can get. And as much as I dislike Fat Mike, he treats the bands on his label really well, and I respect him for it.

Yeah I think getting off of Red Scare is going to be good for them

Toby was a rad guy and supported them like crazy but getting on a bigger label is going to give them a push that they would never have gotten just rolling with all the pop-punk bands

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Dundee McFluffers posted:

I find this thread odd because all my punk friends really, really hate emo and hardcore. And then the tiny bit of emo and hardcore kids I've talked to all say they hate punk. I'm confused.

you hang out with really really stupid people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I dislike emo and hardcore but I mean whatever as long as you ain't a dick who gives a poo poo

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

RunTo TheHills posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat, remember when i argued we should go see the Ergs! and you convinced me otherwise? Yeah. gently caress you. :(

Subwizzle.

Shoulda argued harder. Dick.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
So there's a Thursday stream up but my college network is blocking myspace, how is it?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

MattWPBS posted:

I decided to revisit this thread, I have spent this morning listening to the Macc Lads. Definition of 'guilty pleasure', along with One Life Crew.

Listen here, Macc Lads are not a guilty pleasure they are a genuine pleasure. Wish I could see them live.

I look forward to the summer of noise and pain.. I got the Homopolice booked to play here but due to a bunch of PC assholes it fell through. Do have a small 2-day "fest" booked in Chicago, April 11 and 12. I'll fill in details this weekend when its 99% concrete, I know its last minute but its a free 2 day show. Definitely flying in Spectres from Vancouver which I'm happy about (lovely friends and lovely music), Born Bad, Brain Handle, The State, +++..

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Born Bad is loving awesome. When we played with them they did 2 Last Rights covers. It got pretttttttttttty wild.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Dickeye posted:

I know there's only a few people here who give a poo poo but the Steinways broke up last night

Makes me kinda sad

NO gently caress THIS NO.

If The Unlovables also break up I will be so pissed. Some other pop punk bands need to fill these voids.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man I know. I just ordered Gorilla Marketing, it should be here tomorrow

I'm really sad about this, I think these guys could've been part of a new trinity of kick-rear end pop punk

Like the 90s had the Queers, Weasel, and MTX, we would've had the Steinways, the Ergs, and someone else maybe the Unlovables

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
Does any one know of any North American distros with the new Raein 12" in stock? I've been looking for this thing for ages and it's driving me crazy.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Dickeye posted:

Man I know. I just ordered Gorilla Marketing, it should be here tomorrow

I'm really sad about this, I think these guys could've been part of a new trinity of kick-rear end pop punk

Like the 90s had the Queers, Weasel, and MTX, we would've had the Steinways, the Ergs, and someone else maybe the Unlovables

Lemuria :3:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress Lemuria

Yeah that's right I said gently caress 'em

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Yup, we can't be friends. Lemuria is the greatest.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
While Lemuria is maybe the greatest (Get Better wasn't as good as their other stuff) they definitely don't fit in with that pop-punk trifecta.

And yes The Unlovables would definitely make up the third part.

Also Gorilla Marketing is better than Missed the Boat in my opinion but does anyone know if their Art of the Underground 7" is any good? I have it but I don't have a loving 45 adapter because I'm an idiot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gorilla Marketing is awesome but I love Missed the Boat

You just hit that first chord to Diogo and it's Grath singing about being broke and smoking pot and the whole album becomes a thing of beauty

But I Think Your Nice and Dear Girl are probably my two favorite tracks off that album just because it's a perfect lead-in to a kick-rear end song

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Dickeye posted:

Gorilla Marketing is awesome but I love Missed the Boat

You just hit that first chord to Diogo and it's Grath singing about being broke and smoking pot and the whole album becomes a thing of beauty

But I Think Your Nice and Dear Girl are probably my two favorite tracks off that album just because it's a perfect lead-in to a kick-rear end song

Missed the Boat loses my interest with Everybody Loves Raymond, Tangled up in Teenagers, and onlyundiesclub.com but everything else on the album is perfect.

On the other hand I feel like every single track on Gorilla Marketing has at least one super-standout moment.

The Unoriginal Recipe EP is really good too, especially Main Street, Flushing, USA.

Pissed I will never see this band live now.

Edit: Does anyone know where I can get anything by Nancy? They were on that NJ vs NY pop-punk compilation but I'm having trouble finding anything by them due to their generic name.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
http://bored.knockknockrecords.com

Ask there

Added bonus of like a bunch of dudes there are in bands, including Ben Weasel, Mass Giorgini, and all four Steinways

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also look for the God Save The Queers comp sometime

It's what it sounds like: A Queers tribute album with all kinds of bands

Opens with the Dwarves playing the melody to Love Me with the one dude yelling about how awesome Joe is

the highlights are Steinways doing Debra Jean and I Didn't Get Invited To The Prom (together) at their usual breakneck pace, Unlovables doing gently caress The World and making it super sugary sweet, and the Femurs doing I Wanna Be Happy on acoustic

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Went to go check out a Verse show last night with some buddy's local band Outrage, but Verse ended up dropping due to the singer breaking edge. I guess they're done with.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Scaught posted:

Went to go check out a Verse show last night with some buddy's local band Outrage, but Verse ended up dropping due to the singer breaking edge. I guess they're done with.

Who told you he broke edge?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Scaught posted:

If this is true, this is THE best reason i've heard for a band canceling their tour and then breaking up. I hope this is true. Good riddance.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Scaught posted:

hahahahahah

Verse was alright, but drat.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Listen here, Macc Lads are not a guilty pleasure they are a genuine pleasure. Wish I could see them live.

I look forward to the summer of noise and pain.. I got the Homopolice booked to play here but due to a bunch of PC assholes it fell through. Do have a small 2-day "fest" booked in Chicago, April 11 and 12. I'll fill in details this weekend when its 99% concrete, I know its last minute but its a free 2 day show. Definitely flying in Spectres from Vancouver which I'm happy about (lovely friends and lovely music), Born Bad, Brain Handle, The State, +++..

The Homopolice are one of my favorite new bands. Where do you live where people who are too PC didn't want them to play? That's a shame, since the singer stopped being in Insect Warfare due to most of the grind scene being a tad homophobic, ha.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
ya verse broke up so shai hulud is replacing them on the nfg tour.

and the new final fight record loving sucks. I think under attack might be one of my favorites but this new one is just them trying to sound as much like killing the dream as they can, without actually playing anything good. I really don't understand what happened, they went from being one of the catchiest, funnest hardcore bands around to just sounding super generic.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Scaught posted:

Iron Lung posted:

If this is true, this is THE best reason i've heard for a band canceling their tour and then breaking up. I hope this is true. Good riddance.

No. No no no no no loving way.

I didn't go to the Providence show because I am broke as gently caress and rationalized it by saying "They're from New England, it's not like they'll never play up here again!"

:argh:

EDIT: Wait are you saying then didn't play that show at AS220?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 15, 2009

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Pantalones! posted:

ya verse broke up so shai hulud is replacing them on the nfg tour.

and the new final fight record loving sucks. I think under attack might be one of my favorites but this new one is just them trying to sound as much like killing the dream as they can, without actually playing anything good. I really don't understand what happened, they went from being one of the catchiest, funnest hardcore bands around to just sounding super generic.

I agree it's not as good Under Attack, I wouldn't say it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

Hippo Eats Midget
Jan 4, 2006

Parachute Underwear posted:

So there's a Thursday stream up but my college network is blocking myspace, how is it?

Its a return to "War All The Time"-era Thursday. Its ace. Also, for some reason Myspace lists it as coming out on the 17th of Feb, but its already out in Australia for some reason as i got it yesterday.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Selling a bunch of records over in SA-Mart. Most would appeal to the crowd here so I figured i'd let y'all know.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3079465

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Iron Lung posted:

If this is true, this is THE best reason i've heard for a band canceling their tour and then breaking up.

Wasn't there an edge band for whom a member broke edge at their record release show and the band subsequently had a massive argument and broke up then and there and never played the show?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

answersyouseek posted:

Selling a bunch of records over in SA-Mart. Most would appeal to the crowd here so I figured i'd let y'all know.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3079465

drat, I was looking at your list and found a bunch of stuff I wanted and then I read the next posts and see it's all sold :(

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Competition posted:

Wasn't there an edge band for whom a member broke edge at their record release show and the band subsequently had a massive argument and broke up then and there and never played the show?

i dont know, but if so that rules.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Saw Propagandi last night. They were really freaking tight, played a killer setlist and even threw in a few newies. Solid crowd, and it felt like everyone really wanted to be there and make the most of it.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

I Dont Like You posted:

The Homopolice are one of my favorite new bands. Where do you live where people who are too PC didn't want them to play? That's a shame, since the singer stopped being in Insect Warfare due to most of the grind scene being a tad homophobic, ha.

Whats the story with IW and that? Yeah it really sucks.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
This is why everyone should listen to Limp Wrist.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Scaught posted:

Outrage are pretty cool dudes, put on a great set when I saw them.

Kinda bummed about Verse, they put on one of the best shows I've seen.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

gerfatty posted:

This is why everyone should listen to Limp Wrist.

The idiot in question in my story loves Limp Wrist. It didn't solve anything, although the band is great.

The issue is punk and hardcore never allowing other cultures to compete with its historical image, which is anything but gay friendly. I had a really interesting discussion with Marc Ruvolo from No Empathy about being a gay punk in Chicago, stories about him and Martin Sorrondeguy and other folks getting stuff thrown at them at punk shows by punks. He's really jaded about the entire Chicago scene and rightfully so. Midwest is a really conservative area.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
something something queercore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004

Dorepoll posted:

Saw Propagandi last night. They were really freaking tight, played a killer setlist and even threw in a few newies. Solid crowd, and it felt like everyone really wanted to be there and make the most of it.

Were you at the Brisbane show? Yeah, it was loving excellent.