Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I love you Tom, but I don't believe anything you say until it actually happens.

e: Speaking of actually getting poo poo done on time, is the new BTMI album still coming out on Sunday?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the 2012 Warped Tour

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Seriously I'm looking forward to it

What I want to know is, did they just record their first one or what

Also did the other band record yet

buttslave
Jun 8, 2007
Onwards and Upwards!

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

Which year Warped tour?

They're on the '09 band list.

http://www.warpedtour.com/warpedtour/bands.asp

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Dundee McFluffers posted:

They're on the '09 band list.

http://www.warpedtour.com/warpedtour/bands.asp

I know :ssh:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

So anybody in the Boston area want to go see Big D and English Beat tonight? I hate going to shows alone...

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:siren::siren::siren:EDNA'S GOLDFISH IS REUNITING TO PLAY THE SATURDAY SHOW AT BAMBOOZLE:siren::siren::siren:

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
God damnit! Play a show I want to see!

I guess I'll see who else may be playing, this would be hard to pass up. They are on my list of bands I regret never being able to see (right up there with Slapstick and The Impossibles).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Third Eye Blind is also going to be there on that day so that's worth the price of admission for me

I'm just glad it's not the Sunday show because as of right now that day is god awful.

e: The Bloodhound Gang might be awesome to see for comedic value as well, so that's another plus for Saturday

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 13, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

:siren::siren::siren:EDNA'S GOLDFISH IS REUNITING TO PLAY THE SATURDAY SHOW AT BAMBOOZLE:siren::siren::siren:

oh holy poo poo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Hopefully they take a cue from the Bosstones after their Bamboozle performance and start touring again and maybe put out a new album :sweatdrop:

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
gently caress the Bosstones until they actually tour. Playing select shows every once in a while for huge amounts of cash doesn't equal touring, and it means the closest they've come to me is about a 12 hour drive. I cannot wait to see them again, so they need to do a loving actual tour where they come within 6 hours of me.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Josh Wow posted:

gently caress the Bosstones until they actually tour. Playing select shows every once in a while for huge amounts of cash doesn't equal touring, and it means the closest they've come to me is about a 12 hour drive. I cannot wait to see them again, so they need to do a loving actual tour where they come within 6 hours of me.
It sucks that they didn't come near you, but they were on tour with the Dropkick Murphys not that long ago, no? I saw them, pretty sure it was a real tour.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

9 shows in 8 states last July with Dropkick Murphys was pretty good for a band that hadn't done anything in a few years. Also, playing the first Throwdown in forever was a really good start. Wait for them to get their legs back under them, they've got an album set to come out this year and I'm sure they'll hit the road when they figure out a release date.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

All they're doing is playing big shows that'll get them a lot of money. CA, Las Vegas, baseball stadiums, festivals, etc. I want a real tour, in venues, that spans a good chunk of the US. I have my doubts they'll ever do this, I could see them just stick to playing the big money shows. I really hope I'm wrong.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The new Bomb The Music Industry! album is out. Which means you all need to click here and download it because it's loving awesome.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Awesome. I guess when they said it would be out Feb. 15, they weren't loving around. I'm downloading it now :f5:

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

jetgrindeggy posted:

The new Bomb The Music Industry! album is out. Which means you all need to click here and download it because it's loving awesome.

I was trying to cheat a little earlier and jump to that URL, to no avail.

Track 1 is great.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Gang of Four Meets the Stooges (but boring) rules. I could really do without the acoustic guitar and slow piano stuff though. I haven't gotten all the way through yet but thank god this record is more punk rock and less indie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Josh Wow posted:

Gang of Four Meets the Stooges (but boring) rules. I could really do without the acoustic guitar and slow piano stuff though. I haven't gotten all the way through yet but thank god this record is more punk rock and less indie.

yeah I'm ok with this, that indie sound is what turned me off before

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

I can't believe its already been a year and a half since Get Warmer came out. Really excited to hear this, downloading now.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

I don't think Scrambles lives up to Get Warmer. 25 Hour Telethon, I Don't Love You Anymore, Get Warmer, Bike Test, all classics for me. This album doesn't really have that, it has the same really sloppy punk (which isn't so bad) that the other BTMI! albums have. Better than To Leave or Die, but not as good as Get Warmer.

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Need you guys to check out Chris Duke and The Royals

http://www.myspace.com/chrisdukeandtheroyals

We put on a show the other night that these guys co-headlined. They were some of the nicest people I've met. Because they weren't from town, not many people had heard them prior to playing, and everyone lost their mind and danced their loving asses off as soon as they started. They were tight as hell too.

Really fun goofy ska-punk with a female trumpet player/backup vocalist. So much fun.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Holy poo poo those guys are awesome

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
btmi! hasn't put a bad album yet

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In my opinion Three Cheers For Disappointment is definitely the best Jeff Rosenstock related album ever but BtMI!'s overall body of work is way better than ASoB's.

It would be a lot closer for me if the earlier ASoB albums had better production. Some great songs but it's hard to listen to sometimes.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 16, 2009

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
Scrambles is alright. I can't get a good bead on it yet because I've only listened through it once, but at the very least it hasn't disappointed me and it's absolutely at the caliber of To Leave Or Die and Get Warmer, the other two BTMI albums I have.

ffuok
Apr 7, 2007

Oh man I'm hungry.

Aww Cute Kitty! posted:

Scrambles is alright. I can't get a good bead on it yet because I've only listened through it once, but at the very least it hasn't disappointed me and it's absolutely at the caliber of To Leave Or Die and Get Warmer, the other two BTMI albums I have.

They're all free, there's no reason not to have all of them...you can get them all here: http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/albums.htm

They're all really good too, so it's not as if they'd be a big waste of space

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang

Adinsxyz posted:

They're all free, there's no reason not to have all of them...you can get them all here: http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/albums.htm

They're all really good too, so it's not as if they'd be a big waste of space

I know, I'm just lazy.

Also, I like giving the albums time to sink in. I got Live And Die about a year ago, forgot about it for a while, and then downloaded Get Warmer about a month ago. I'll give Scrambles a few weeks before I dip in again.

HavveK
Aug 3, 2008
MC Lars's new album the Gigantic Robot Kills comes out next week and the title track is a ska song about the mid-to-late 90s ska scene. The music is by Suburban Legends and MC Bat Commander does the chorus. It's pretty awesome.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I think 25 might be my new favorite BTMI! song. Get outta my way!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

HavveK posted:

MC Lars's new album the Gigantic Robot Kills comes out next week and the title track is a ska song about the mid-to-late 90s ska scene. The music is by Suburban Legends and MC Bat Commander does the chorus. It's pretty awesome.

I just listened to a clip of MC Lars and SL playing it live and it sounded awesome. I can't wait for the album version.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006

Josh Wow posted:

Yeah, they did a little touring, I saw them 3 times last year.

...i'm also in Providence, so i'm spoiled.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Has anyone ever told you guys about Jamendo? It's a website where primarily European artists license their music to creative commons and you can download it for free in .zip or .torrent format.

Talco - Combat Circus
Men in Route - 'Ndemo!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

trans fat posted:

Has anyone ever told you guys about Jamendo? It's a website where primarily European artists license their music to creative commons and you can download it for free in .zip or .torrent format.

Talco - Combat Circus
Men in Route - 'Ndemo!
You're in luck! I am the one single person in this thread who actually listens to/recommends non-American/UK ska (you guys are missing out), so your post will not have gone in vain.

I liked 'la sedia vuota' off of Combat Circus when it went up on eMusic, so I'll give the whole album a spin.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

You're in luck! I am the one single person in this thread who actually listens to/recommends non-American/UK ska

My extensive Ska-P collection begs to differ.

Babylon Circus, too.

e: Tortuga is the poo poo, holy crap thank you for this.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 22, 2009

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Obama Yo Mama posted:

My extensive Ska-P collection begs to differ.

Babylon Circus, too.
Good! Two of us then. The last time I recommended a band (Makako Jump), all I got was "bahh I don't want to listen to them non-american moon words".

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Tortuga and La Fabricca are my favorite Talco songs. They have another album on Jamendo as well.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Good! Two of us then. The last time I recommended a band (Makako Jump), all I got was "bahh I don't want to listen to them non-american moon words".

I tried to get my friends to listen to Ska-P but they just didn't get into it. I didn't even dare to try and get people into TSPO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffuok
Apr 7, 2007

Oh man I'm hungry.
Russkaja is also a really great foreign ska band, russian, obviously. There's also Banda Bassoti, which is Italian. Fast Food Orchestra is Czech, but they sing in english so it's cool.

Kemuri is J-ska but I'm pretty sure he's in the OP, even. Basically, everyone in this thread listens to foreign ska.

Here are some music videos

Russkaja - More (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBkb6x2pWo)

Fast Food Orchestra - Roldolpho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx5fQ2laJE4)

ffuok fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 22, 2009