Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mattus posted:

Indeed it is. Tuned to perfection. Peak torque at around 3300krpm.

Nice turbine retrofit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I like the color and center caps but the machinist in me instantly notices your cast wheels with grade 3 or 5 bolts so...:rice:

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Nice turbine retrofit.

TD06-L2-20G at it's limit.

I popped around 3 standard turbos while experimenting with comp housings, high flows/impellers and such.

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
The wheels came with those weedy little allen head bolts, I just tapped them for larger bolts. At least they LOOK like they do something. I'm not a huge fan of fake beadlocks, but I got a great deal on the wheels. Truck guys can be ricers, too.

I did all this work before they were ever mounted, and had them balanced when I put the tires on.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Attacking Eastern Creek on the Gixxer

(Photo credit to http://www.jpmphoto.com.au/)

Taz
Feb 21, 2006
woob woob

2ndclasscitizen posted:

(Photo credit to http://www.jpmphoto.com.au/)

I never would have been able to tell... :shobon:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My little Scion.

Lambster Bisque
Dec 31, 2007

by angerbotSD

mattus posted:

Lilbeefer is a West Aussie (like I was once) - and I think he knows plenty about Skylines, he was just making some stupid sweeping generalisations. Though I really don't know how you can say R33 and R34 GT-R's are so common, at least back in Perth they were around 1% of the skylines that you would see on the road.

And he wasn't calling your car poo poo at all (it's pretty cool), so calm down a bit there - he was just making a point to all the Americans (and other) out there that believe every single Skyline must be AWD twin-turbo, where-as I'm pretty sure that over 75% of all Skylines (R32, R33, R34 generations) were non-GT-R's.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
Here's my E30..

Gotta love norwegian winters.. This is after one hour on the E6..

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

And me installing new speakers this morning :) A friend took the pic without me knowing from the second floor, inside in the heat..

wintermuteCF
Dec 9, 2006

LIEK HAI2U!
Pics of the new ride.

2004 Mazda RX-8 Grand Tourer, Red with a Black/Red Interiour, 6-Speed Manual Gearbox. gently caress poo poo goddamn this is a brilliant car.

Pics, as promised.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
/\/\/\/\/\
Congrats red Mazda buddy!

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Oh good I can reply in multi part.

mattus posted:

So, you are saying that majority of all street 500hp Skylines are Auto and non turbo? Wow, that is some serious high comp action right there...

No the 500hp thing was a sneaky reference to the recent poster claiming he would get at least 500hp from his BMW after he stuck some forced induction on it. I wouldn't ever expect to see a 500hp na skyline, champ.

mattus posted:

My manual GT-T isn't blowing oil everywhere and I don't think it's poo poo, my sponsors don't think it's poo poo and you can't win numerous tarmac rallies outright with a poo poo car...

Also, whats with this "And be RWD" as if that's a bad thing?

I don't recall having a bitch at your car. The general state of the skylines I see driven around are poo poo and you would be a fool to think they are as good as most people in America seem to think they are. The RWD thing was in reference to most Americans thinking Skylines are AWD.

mattus posted:

Sweeping and completely unfounded information aside, are you aware that majority of NA Skylines are AWD? R32 GTS4 (this is a turbo model you nonce) , R33 GTS4 (These are rare, I have never actually seen one of these in my life, but at least you got the NA part of it right) and R34 GT-X and GT-V (Rare).

Oh yes, most of the skyline model range is awd. If you are trying to tell me that most of the skylines driving around are AWD, then you must be pretty deluded.

mattus posted:

At the end of the day the R32 GT- is in most cases, a twenty year old car. Like anything that old that has a following, there will be beaters, show ponies, streeters and everything in between.
Australia is home to some of the worlds best street driven R32 GT-s, Twoogle & BodyForm just to name a couple.

Absolutely there are some ripper skylines around. Even in non GTR trim. Yours, for example, looks loving sweet. A bloke on the GTIROZ forums just bought a beautiful R32 gtr with a nissan crate motor in it. It trully is in excellent condition and makes awesome power.

I would put it in the top .5 percent of skylines in Australia.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Beer-Baron-s-Epic-R32-Gtr-t221436.html

mattus posted:

If you are indeed in Australia, I'd like to know what bum gently caress town you live in because 33 and 34 GT-R's are as common as they are awesome. Especially now being so affordable. Low 20k AUD for a 33 and low 50k AUD for a 34. If anything, a decent DR30 or HR31 is becoming rair.

I live in Melbourne, but used to live in Perth. Both have massive skyline communities. I dont know what this has to do with anything though.

mattus posted:

You make my head hurt.
You honestly don't know two parts of gently caress all, champ.

gently caress you.
Also don't take everything as a personal attack, champ.

Sorry for the off topic.

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

Lilbeefer posted:

gently caress you.
Also don't take everything as a personal attack, champ.

Your original post reeked of gently caress-head-ness, I'm sure you'll agree.

Moving on.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Hermansen posted:

And me installing new speakers this morning :) A friend took the pic without me knowing from the second floor, inside in the heat..

This makes me think about all the times I've sprawled out like an idiot trying to get underneath the dash of my Jeep or when I did work on a friend's Grand Am last year. Anyone else have awkward car maintenance shots? :laugh:

Ein Windir
Jun 23, 2008
My WIP 1953 4dr Pontiac Chieftain

It's going to be along WIP.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!
Went out a couple weekends ago and took some pics of mein slow.

Click for big

Still no good pictures of the SC300, cause Wine Red is ugly. :(

EDIT: picture sizes

tractorcrusher fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 23, 2009

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

tractorcrusher posted:

Still no good pictures of the SC300, cause Wine Red is ugly. :(

The architecture fits the car well. Where is that?

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

Das Volk posted:

The architecture fits the car well. Where is that?

It's a new office building DIRECTLY behind my apartment in Plano, TX. Still waiting to be leased. Right next to Boardwalk Ferrari/Porsche/Masarati. :)

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tractorcrusher posted:

drat, it looked so much better on the monobloc'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s's'''''''''s'ss'ss''''''s is, shame about the fitment. Did you sell them off, or are you getting them sized to fit at a machine shop...?

Edit: motherfucking apostrophes, they breed like rabbits

Sterndotstern fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 23, 2009

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

wintermuteCF posted:

Pics of the new ride.

2004 Mazda RX-8 Grand Tourer, Red with a Black/Red Interiour, 6-Speed Manual Gearbox. gently caress poo poo goddamn this is a brilliant car.

Pics, as promised.

Very nice! It looks clean as hell for being an 04! :)

ninja edit: drat that interior looks inviting....

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass
My toys:

2003 Z06, current mods are Dynatech LT headers, GHL exhaust, pfadt swaybars, pfadt camber kit, cold air intake, dyno tune, baer +1 two-piece rotors, hawk pads as well as some chassis stiffeners and a racing harness. Only putting down about 380 hp at the tires.

I'm currently putting on wider rear fenders so I can run a tire larger than a 305 without rubbing holes in the fibreglass.

And yes, the car definitely gets beat on:

I just picked this beast up. 2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 4x4. 403 hp & 417 lbft 6.2L with 6 speed automatic. I took advantage of GM's going out of business sale. Will be used for hauling car parts around (wheels, tires, tools), my Yammy dirtbike, my snowmobile and a boat or car trailer.

OrganizedEntropy fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 23, 2009

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

^^^ Nice Z06! ^^^ :coal:

Sterndotstern posted:

drat, it looked so much better on the monobloc'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s's'''''''''s'ss'ss''''''s is, shame about the fitment. Did you sell them off, or are you getting them sized to fit at a machine shop...?

They're in the garage right now... I ordered H&R springs 7 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived. :(

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

tractorcrusher posted:

It's a new office building DIRECTLY behind my apartment in Plano, TX. Still waiting to be leased. Right next to Boardwalk Ferrari/Porsche/Masarati. :)

Awesome. I'm gonna have to steal your idea and take some shots there myself...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

OrganizedEntropy posted:

My toys:

2003 Z06, current mods are Dynatech LT headers, GHL exhaust, pfadt swaybars, pfadt camber kit, cold air intake, dyno tune, baer +1 two-piece rotors, hawk pads as well as some chassis stiffeners and a racing harness. Only putting down about 380 hp at the tires.

For a LS6 with minimal modifications, I'd call 380RWHP drat good.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

kimcicle posted:

Awesome. I'm gonna have to steal your idea and take some shots there myself...

Oh, in that case here's exactly where it is: http://tinyurl.com/brqmas

(building is not yet mapped)

EDIT: VVV sons of bitches :ninja: (j/k) VVV

tractorcrusher fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 23, 2009

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

tractorcrusher posted:

Oh, in that case here's exactly where it is: http://tinyurl.com/brqmas

(building is not yet mapped)

Also stealing this idea.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Simkin posted:

Is the giant Buick billboard on the underside of the hood so that oncoming traffic will know to report to the cops which particular make of car is driving around with its hood up?
No it's so people will realize it's a GM vehicle and won't wonder why you're on the side of the road working on it.

I do love the old Grand Nationals though and that's a really nice one Grimster.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Ein Windir posted:

My WIP 1953 4dr Pontiac Chieftain

It's going to be along WIP.
You need to post a project thread :buddy:

DigitalDownfall
May 20, 2001

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

vroom vroom.
Bone stock aside from a K&N Drop In air filter and skip shift eliminator.

porter
Dec 30, 2003

tractorcrusher posted:

The car, the wheels, the photography - all very nice.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Here ya go. 01 S2000 and an 09 Mini Cooper S.

I'll be selling the S2000 sometime in the next few months. It needs a little bit of work here and there (top & radio), but has lots of extras (wheels, shocks, seats, brakes, etc.). If you are interested, drop me a line. I can sell as-is pre-work or after I do a bit of work on it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Halliwax
Feb 26, 2009
Wow, the Mini looks like a 4wd next to the S2k. How do you like the Mini compared to the S2k?

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Halliwax posted:

Wow, the Mini looks like a 4wd next to the S2k. How do you like the Mini compared to the S2k?
It does look like a 4x4, and with the factory 17"s, they jack up the car a bit. It really needs to come down an inch.

Brief comparison - very very different cars on the street and the track. The Mini is a great all around car that you can just hop in and go go go and not worry about clearance issues. On the S, it is lowered with KW V3's, an AP2 front end with spoiler and a lip splitter, so clearance issues are always there until I raise it up some.

Steering - Mini in sport mode wins this one.
Power delivery - I'm not much of a turbo fan. It is more of an artificial power that you feel and not so linear as with raw horsepower (the few horses you get out of the S2000 that is).
Suspension - The MCS has the sport suspension, LSD, and all of that, but even without the KW V3's on the S2000, the S2000 is just a wonderful handling car.

Those are the brief highlights, but if you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I've only had the MCS on track twice so far, just with factory run-flats and the S2000 has had quite a bit of track time with various setups.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

My new 09 WRX next to my old 06 Triumph Sprint ST in my messy garage. I traded my 07 Fit base for this and it has been an eye opening experience.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I dunno about everyone else but I'm glad they made the wing standard on 09 WRX's because it looks terrible without one.

Congrats on your nice new car.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Schatten posted:

Suspension - The MCS has the sport suspension, LSD, and all of that
I highly recommend a larger rear sway bar. It's kind of a pain in the rear end to put in but it makes a pretty big difference for something that seems so minor. I've got the Alta 22 mm on the softest setting on my Clubman S.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

B4Ctom1 posted:

All these 78-87 "A/G bodies" are awesome. Where are the wagon versions? :)

500 miles away at my parent's house. Car I learned to drive with. Sorry for the crap picture it was from quite a few years ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Attacking Eastern Creek on the Gixxer

Not really so much attacking, more like moseying, but nice bike ;)
You should get a tinted shield.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

hedge posted:

I highly recommend a larger rear sway bar. It's kind of a pain in the rear end to put in but it makes a pretty big difference for something that seems so minor. I've got the Alta 22 mm on the softest setting on my Clubman S.

Good advice, and I agree. I even pondered the $500 bucks which is a bit steep for factory sway bars that aren't quite dialed in, and the rumored different valving on the shocks for the 'sport suspension' package. Eh... I wanted it to be all stock, just in case I decide to autocross it in stock class. I've tweaked with the S, quite a bit actually. Heck, I haven't been running a rear bar in years. =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass

IOwnCalculus posted:

For a LS6 with minimal modifications, I'd call 380RWHP drat good.

I'm just used to getting heck about why I don't have it built for 450 hp at the tires, haha. :S

I wanted to keep it reasonable for the track and make sure it wouldn't kill me.