Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stormwater
Sep 11, 2001

by zen death robot

Fists Up posted:

They have banana stands? That seems awfully pointless. Its not like my bananas get crushed from their own weight

Apparently they give off a gas that makes the other fruit in the bowl go bad. Hmm...

quote:

...AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BANANA

You eat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I was still using my Game Theatre XP up until a few weeks ago when that computer died. I loved it for the first 2 years or so, but then the breakout box started to have trouble. It started loving up right channel RCA outs, and the headphone jack never worked. It really sucked while moving around, though. I would move into the dorms in September, and move out in May. That giant breakout box cable became very annoying. It only had USB 1, which was also a pain, but it was good for putting game controllers and mice/keyboards on.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Not pictured: HP Mini 1000

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND

A headphone stand made of money?

outofnowhere05
Oct 14, 2004

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND

NO TOUCHING

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
If I may interrupt the AD circlejerk of loneliness that's going on right now...

http://lifehacker.com/5163142/custom-wire-management-for-multi+monitor-bliss

Yeah. That's my desk. I did that.

Network
Sep 17, 2008

Bucket Joneses posted:

I hate you. :(

Cabana Boi <3
Nov 5, 2004
Pic of one of my computers (laptop) on the table, the little guy can play Farcry 2.. Now I have an actual gaming desktop, once I am home ill post some pics of that.

(im not in the picture, also the guy in the lower right is playing WoW from his FreeAgent Go)

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Bucket Joneses posted:

Where would you get that cart rack to the right of those monitors with the 360 on it? I've been looking for something like that for a while.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Siroc posted:

Where would you get that cart rack to the right of those monitors with the 360 on it? I've been looking for something like that for a while.

Honestly everyone asks me but I don't know where it was purchased. We inherited this apartment from a friend and she left it here.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Currently living like poo poo.

Yay being a road warrior on occasion.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Phone posted:

A headphone stand made of money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1hl3GVYPpU

Bucket Joneses posted:

Oh man I want a snuggy too. You have no idea

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.

glompix posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1hl3GVYPpU

Um, both of you I have 2 extra snuggies that I ordered over the holidays that I have no use for. Make me an offer.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

glompix posted:

How is this thing different than an oversize bathrobe

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Misogynist posted:

It's a blanket with armholes man geez lay off the cynicism for a bit :c00l:

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

devmd01 posted:

Currently living like poo poo.

Yay being a road warrior on occasion.

I recognize that lovely hotel lamp with sometimes built in ethernet jack that never works. Yea 5 week road trip coming up.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Golbez posted:

Sup cherry desk buddy.

I'm thinking it's time to retire my ancient Hercules Game Theater XP there, it's easily the oldest part of my frankenputer.

I miss the forearm thick cable that went into the breakout box that had no slack what so ever and would pull the unit itself backwards if it wasn't perfectly flat. gently caress that thing sounded good.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Bucket Joneses posted:

Honestly everyone asks me but I don't know where it was purchased. We inherited this apartment from a friend and she left it here.

This is true, I've asked him already

quote:

quote:

Triikan wrote on Nov 14, 2008 06:03:
Where did you get this rack? http://img.waffleimages.com/04b7d6b...sk.jpg#via=salr

Don't know it came with the apartment.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Siroc posted:

http://www.target.com/dp/B000063SI0...28&pf_rd_t=5101

To add some content I really love your fixie. :)

complex
Sep 16, 2003

Google for "chrome wire racks" or "chrome wire shelving" for more options.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

http://www.target.com/dp/B000063SI0...28&pf_rd_t=5101

To add some content I really love your fixie. :)

Ha, thanks.

And w/r/t the target.com link: that is not as big as what I'm using. I actually bought that exact same cart hoping I could use it for my computers but it's not as strong or large as the one I'm using. So I just took the one I bought and swapped it with this one that was in the bathroom.

I really wish I knew where to get another one, to be honest.

argz
May 20, 2005

The hand says it all.
Finally able to rebuild my old rig and matched my 19's with my crappier one in favor of my new 26's

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Damnit. When I get home I'm going to have to clean my desk. Not sure what to do with my wires though (I'll post a picture if I get the chance.)

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Bucket Joneses posted:

What are you using to mount your LCDs?

skullone
Jan 28, 2009
Heres my work area:
Custom built computer, Core2Duo Quad core, 8GB RAM, and 2x ATI video cards.
Driving 4x Dell 24" widescreens, with a Lenovo T61 Thinkpad for going mobile.

The stand is an Aeromax Ergotron or some poo poo, pretty nice stand (weights a gently caress ton with 4 monitors though, hard to adjust).

Dragonsven
Jan 29, 2006

I'm chill. I'm chill as a cucumber, man.
For all you guys using LCD TVs as monitors, how do you like it? Any noticeable issues or do you enjoy your desktop being enormous?

Ghosts
Mar 10, 2008

by angerbotSD

Dragonsven posted:

For all you guys using LCD TVs as monitors, how do you like it? Any noticeable issues or do you enjoy your desktop being enormous?

I used to use my LCD TV as my monitor

the resolution was shite, and when trying to use debian the screen would never be centered, and there was no way to correct it

Z
Jun 25, 2002

Bucket Joneses posted:

I'm not sure I'd publicly admit to using a Griffin Powermate specifically to scroll through RSS feeds.

dexter
Jun 24, 2003

Misogynist posted:

You wear it backwards! :c00lbert:

Trapdoor
Jun 7, 2005
The one and only.
Here's my current desktop for a few more days.

Reason im not sitting by the table below is because I was shot with Simunition a few days ago and it still stings.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?
I want a setup equivalent to what a my friend of mine has:

The first iteration of his expanded setup was sub par, on which the above was a big improvement:

Jarl fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 21, 2009

hobolooter
Dec 25, 2006

Bucket Joneses posted:

I guess I don't see whats so special there. Just looks like good cable management to me.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Dragonsven posted:

I'm using a 32" Westinghouse 1920x1080 monitor and I love it. Sitting ~2-3 ft. away with largeish fonts works pretty well.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I don't remember if I posted this before but is my only-option for a large-flat-desk the Galant series from Ikea? It looks great and all but I'm just surprised they're only place offering something in this kind of style/price.

Teen Cuisine
Oct 19, 2008

Zu Befehl! Jawohl mein Herr! Wir sind deutsche Roboter.

Tab8715 posted:

I don't remember if I posted this before but is my only-option for a large-flat-desk the Galant series from Ikea? It looks great and all but I'm just surprised they're only place offering something in this kind of style/price.
Buy a countertop the size you want, buy 4-5 table legs from Ikea or whatever, combine, profit.
It's what I did.

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

I'm embarrassed to show this. My desk gets extremely cluttered because of the amount of projects that I have to work on at once.

Ghosts
Mar 10, 2008

by angerbotSD

n0manarmy posted:

I'm embarrassed to show this. My desk gets extremely cluttered because of the amount of projects that I have to work on at once.

hahahahaha crystal light

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

Ghosts posted:

hahahahaha crystal light

No no no nooo. That's Splenda to go with my tea. Working in a dental school, having actual sugar can get you scoffed at.

Ghosts
Mar 10, 2008

by angerbotSD

n0manarmy posted:

No no no nooo. That's Splenda to go with my tea. Working in a dental school, having actual sugar can get you scoffed at.

ah my bad

also none of this makes sense

you have a bunch of computers and poo poo, but you're in dental school, and apparently you're school/job are in the same building, where you're teachers/fellow students can walk in to your office and be general pricks, scoffing at you for having real sugar for your tea

n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

Ghosts posted:

ah my bad

also none of this makes sense

you have a bunch of computers and poo poo, but you're in dental school, and apparently you're school/job are in the same building, where you're teachers/fellow students can walk in to your office and be general pricks, scoffing at you for having real sugar for your tea

I support the desktops and laptops of all the people at my school. Myself and two coworkers have to baby sit 400+ faculty and staff, 1000+ desktops, and 600+ students and their laptops. Life sucks for us when news stories like the Conficker mess come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts
Mar 10, 2008

by angerbotSD

n0manarmy posted:

I support the desktops and laptops of all the people at my school. Myself and two coworkers have to baby sit 400+ faculty and staff, 1000+ desktops, and 600+ students and their laptops. Life sucks for us when news stories like the Conficker mess come out.

hahaahahhaha