Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Password on the .rar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
Oh shoot, sorry, I had uploaded it to a private site. The password is luelinks. I'll reup without a password.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

mix.lunar posted:

Uh, I'm not sure what the podcast is, I just listened to it on their website that I forget right now. Here is the link to the download for the acoustic songs. If this is not allowed, just tell me and I'll remove it.

Woah, it's even fairly different from the Bandits version, I'm surprised. I wouldn't even have picked that as Kalnoky.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

I really like those rips, thanks for them.

The timbre of his voice is different than I'm used to, but it's still fantastic!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I dunno. Good songs and all, but I just can't get into the slow, acoustic vibe of them. Which is, I think, why I started listening to ska in the first place.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Anyone going to see Less Than Jake tomorrow in Baltimore?

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I'm seeing them in Philly on Saturday. I'm excited. Tomorrow night is the Swingin' Utters at the venue that's one block away from stabwafflezombieville. Yay philly!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm seeing LTJ on Wednesday in NYC. I'm really excited to see The Expendables, I have a few of their songs and I like them a lot. I'm hoping the rest of their stuff is just as good.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

WaffleZombie posted:

I'm seeing them in Philly on Saturday. I'm excited. Tomorrow night is the Swingin' Utters at the venue that's one block away from stabwafflezombieville. Yay philly!
I'm going to see the Utters here on Sunday :dance: I'm super excited. Oh, and I guess the Street Dogs are playing too, that's cool, I guess.

Webman
Jun 4, 2008
Just reading this for the first time. My roomate was the lead singer of the Superspecs and the Specs. I still see all of the guys from the Specs, who were The Laysan Rail for awhile, and are now defunct.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Haha no poo poo? Where do you live? I used to see the Superspecs all the time, and I used to see the lead singer (Brad?) when he was working at Sam Ash, I still see the drummer from when they were the Superspecs every so often, working at the UPS store in Ramsey.

Webman
Jun 4, 2008
The majority of the specs are still in NJ (I think there were 13 members of the Superspecs at one point). I'll tell Brad that the internet says what's up.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

The Declaration of Independence is pretty much perfection in EP form. It was really a shame to see them break up.

guppy posted:

I'm going to see the Utters here on Sunday :dance: I'm super excited. Oh, and I guess the Street Dogs are playing too, that's cool, I guess.

The Utters put on a pretty good show. I only saw them once before, way back in 2000/2001. But yeah, that pretty much echoes my sentiments. What little I've heard of the Street Dogs is decent, but I've come down with a case of tinnitus and with another 4/5 shows I want to see in the next 2-3 weeks, I really need to cut down on my loud noise exposure.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WaffleZombie posted:

The Declaration of Independence is pretty much perfection in EP form. It was really a shame to see them break up.

Project HANDSOFF was even better, definitely one of my favorite albums throughout high school.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

guppy posted:

The Street Dogs are goddamn amazing. One of my favorite bands.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Less Than Jake were awesome, they've been among my favorite bands for a while now but I thought they were better last night than they were last time I saw them. They played 9th At Pine, too, which was on my shortlist of "want to hear" songs.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
BTMI was pretty loving incredible last night. They played right through the whole Scrambles album. Ending the night around 12:30 with "Sort of Like Being Pumped" was a fairly religious experience. Something about BTMI and the John Bosch house was meant to be.

Don We Now
Apr 18, 2005

For those of you who don't habla espanola, "El Poptart" is Spanish for.... The Poptart.

guppy posted:

Less Than Jake were awesome, they've been among my favorite bands for a while now but I thought they were better last night than they were last time I saw them. They played 9th At Pine, too, which was on my shortlist of "want to hear" songs.

What was the setlist like? I assume mostly GNV FLA stuff? I've been debating whether or not to go to their Anaheim show on the 29th but I didn't really like GNV FLA, or anything else past Hello Rockview for that matter.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Don We Now posted:

What was the setlist like? I assume mostly GNV FLA stuff? I've been debating whether or not to go to their Anaheim show on the 29th but I didn't really like GNV FLA, or anything else past Hello Rockview for that matter.
Pretty decent mix, actually. Some of the stuff I remember: 9th At Pine, Happyman, City of Gainesville, State of Florida, All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, Look What Happened, The Rest Of My Life, Plastic Cup Politics, Gainesville Rock City, Surrender, Short Fuse Burning, Help Save The Youth Of America From Exploding, The Science Of Selling Yourself Short, ... I think they played The Ghosts Of Me And You, too, but I can't remember for sure. There were also a few songs I don't really know including I think they said some stuff from B Is For B-Sides.

Based on Vinnie's Twitter feed it looks like they've been playing some very similar setlists from show to show on this tour, with a few changes each time. I had a really good time and I think you should go.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

They played B is for B-Sides stuff? That's awesome.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Since B is for B-Sides came out I don't think I've seen them when they didn't play Bridge and Tunnel Authority.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've seen them twice since that album came out and I don't recall ever hearing any B is for B-Sides songs. I would really love to hear ASAOK, Jay Frenzal, National Anthem, Robots One Humans Zero, or Nine One One to Anyone. Roger hates playing National Anthem though so I guess rule that one out.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Doesn't the band claim not to like Scott Farcas too? Vinnie's twitter feed says they played it at at least one show on this tour. So, I mean, I wouldn't hold your breath, but it's not impossible.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

guppy posted:

That's like one of the very few non-covers I haven't heard them play live.

That and St. James Hotel

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I like when they play Liquor Store and My Very Own Flag

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I like when they play Liquor Store and My Very Own Flag

I'm not a huge Less Than Jake fan but Liquor Store is my favorite out of the few songs I like. I keep that one on my playlist of favorite Ska songs

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Godamnit, LTJ played tonight like 10 minutes from my apartment and I couldn't afford to go.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

guppy posted:

Pretty decent mix, actually. Some of the stuff I remember: 9th At Pine, Happyman, City of Gainesville, State of Florida, All My Best Friends Are Metalheads, Look What Happened, The Rest Of My Life, Plastic Cup Politics, Gainesville Rock City, Surrender, Short Fuse Burning, Help Save The Youth Of America From Exploding, The Science Of Selling Yourself Short, ... I think they played The Ghosts Of Me And You, too, but I can't remember for sure. There were also a few songs I don't really know including I think they said some stuff from B Is For B-Sides.

Based on Vinnie's Twitter feed it looks like they've been playing some very similar setlists from show to show on this tour, with a few changes each time. I had a really good time and I think you should go.

The set in Philly was basically this (including Ghosts) and: Sobriety is a Serious Business (that was it from B-Sides), Anchor, I think I love you (!), creditreport.com jingle (?), Suburban Myth (!!!), Welcome To the New South, Overrated, Conviction Notice (set opener), Does The Lion City Still Roar, and I'd swear there was one other track off of GNV FLA but I can't remember what. They played for a nice hour 15 minutes, and it was a great show. I never get tired of seeing them.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I've seen them twice since that album came out and I don't recall ever hearing any B is for B-Sides songs. I would really love to hear ASAOK, Jay Frenzal, National Anthem, Robots One Humans Zero, or Nine One One to Anyone. Roger hates playing National Anthem though so I guess rule that one out.

I know I've heard ASAOK and Jay Frenzal, and I think Nine One One. I too would love to hear more poo poo off of there. I really love National Anthem and Robots One.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Went to that Street Dogs/Swingin' Utters show tonight, had an absolute blast. Went for the Utters, but the Street Dogs loving killed. If my ears ever stop ringing, I'll be seeing them when they come back to town.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

guppy posted:

Went to that Street Dogs/Swingin' Utters show tonight, had an absolute blast. Went for the Utters, but the Street Dogs loving killed. If my ears ever stop ringing, I'll be seeing them when they come back to town.

I told ya they were loving amazing. I'm just pissed they aren't stopping in MA on this tour :argh:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I told ya they were loving amazing. I'm just pissed they aren't stopping in MA on this tour :argh:
Yeah, you were right :) But... seriously? The Street Dogs aren't playing in Boston, or even elsewhere in their home state? That's just surreal.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

guppy posted:

Yeah, you were right :) But... seriously? The Street Dogs aren't playing in Boston, or even elsewhere in their home state? That's just surreal.

Which is what angers me more. I'm would have had to go to Maine or RI to see them, and that's a trek for someone in north central mass. Now I'll definitely drive to Providence for Bosstones and Street Dogs (NYE 2 years ago woo), but not just for Street Dogs

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

wow i was so busy i forgot to go to the LTJ show last week

drat, ticket is sitting right here too

prim102
Oct 4, 2004

^^EVIL BASTARD^^
Whos down with Thumper???

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Just got back from LTJ. Good show.

Set list, spoilered just in case anyone else is going after this and wants to be surprised:

Conviction Notice
Happyman
9th and Pine
Short Fuse Burning
Overrated
Gainsville Rock City
Some song from either In With The Out Crowd or GNV FLA that I didn't recognize
Shindo
The Science Of Selling Yourself Short
Sobriety Is A Serious Business And Business Isn't So Good
This loving song
The Upwards War and Down Turned Cycle
Ghosts Of You And Me
Anchor
Al's War
I THINK I LOVE YOU :monocle:
Plastic Cup Politics
Does The Lion City Still Roar?
Look What Happened
ENCORE: The Rest Of My Life, City Of Gainsville/The State Of Florida, All My Best Friends

Happyman and 9th and Pine got HUGE applause and cheers from the crowd.

Also, Chris said something along these lines during the show: "If we never sell another ticket, I'm alright with it, I've lived my dream but please everyone promise me that you won't buy tickets to see Creed or Limp Bizkit. I don't want to re-live 1999."

AND

"I personally haven't written a song worth a drat since Hello Rockview. I'll admit it. I apologize. I will take full blame for all the songs you guys hate."

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

New RX Bandits July 14th

shameless bump from page 5 :shobon:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Oh awesome, I loved the last three :)

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

New RX Bandits July 14th

Ha, really? Excellent, I'll be sure to get it.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

New RX Bandits July 14th

Any sneak peaks of this anywhere? drat I love the RX Bandits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

TLG James posted:

Any sneak peaks of this anywhere? drat I love the RX Bandits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6GFhXm3z9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY5TORW5o_E