Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Just got back form Miami with a silver 2002 WRX. Also learned to drive stick today. God this car is fun.

AnomalousBoners fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 10, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

RealKyleH posted:

Just got back form Miami with a silver 2002 WRX. Also learned to drive stick today. God this car is fun.

You went right through my neck of the woods and you didn't even stop? I would've loved to have met up with you and had an AI goon meet. We need one for south Florida sometime.

Nice WRX, keep it safe.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

RealKyleH posted:

I'm not a big Subie fan, but YAY BUGEYES! Nice WRX.

Rhett
Dec 12, 2006
DETROIT TURQOUISE STEEL

I made a impulse buy on craigslist, here she be next to my dakota

future modifications will include a chain steering wheel, skull shifter, a train horn and spiked bumpers

numba1wonga
Jan 18, 2005

This girl just took a gigantic poop all over herself.

Rhett posted:

DETROIT TURQOUISE STEEL

future modifications will include a chain steering wheel, skull shifter, a train horn and spiked bumpers

Very cool looking, especially the stretched cloth top and what I assume is the original paint. While I find the chain wheel and skull shifter in poor taste, hey it's your car. But spiked bumpers? Is that even legal? Even if it is, it's got to be extremely dangerous to pedestrians/other cars.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ThwartedEfforts posted:

This is glorious, and with the wheel on the right side!
Indeed, first pic was "N0ice, shame about it being a yank drive"

Third pic, "Fffuck" :)

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

RealKyleH posted:

Nice buy dude. I still need to come and check out your CNC set up sometime.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
haha I still don't have my mill on a rotary converter yet and I am out of moneys until I sell my Mark VIII. When I get it up and tooled I will PM you though.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Sweeeeeet.

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

RealKyleH posted:

haha I still don't have my mill on a rotary converter yet and I am out of moneys until I sell my Mark VIII. When I get it up and tooled I will PM you though.

You should come back down south and sell me the Mark VIII on the cheap.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Doctor Bud posted:

You should come back down south and sell me the Mark VIII on the cheap.

Reserve is $3997 if you're interested.

Panoplied Platypus
Dec 21, 2005

Head-First into Glory!
My '95 Volvo 850 Turbo outside my mechanic's shop. This thing has about 180k on it and still looks new:

And here's a shot of my engine right after a polishing:

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Overpriced Balloons posted:

I love this.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

My '95 Volvo 850 Turbo outside my mechanic's shop. This thing has about 180k on it and still looks new:

:aaa:

That car is a thing of beauty.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!

RealKyleH posted:

How do you like the Mark VIII? I've always liked those things, and I never had a chance to drive one. How is the power/handling considering it's a Lincoln?

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Clamwacker posted:

How do you like the Mark VIII? I've always liked those things, and I never had a chance to drive one. How is the power/handling considering it's a Lincoln?

Excellent considering its a Lincoln, pretty good otherwise. The engine doesnt turn enough RPM to take advantage of the B port heads, the transmission isn't very intuitive and doesn't like to downshift (a tune helps this of course) and the gears should be at least 3.55s with a posi rather than a 3.08 open or 3.27 open in the LSC. Handling is pretty good but of course is a noticeable step down from the WRX.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Gorgeous! My old roomate has an '02 C70 with the same wheels (and porsche brakes :ssh:).

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
Just joined because I love reading AI. Here's my ride:

2001 Impreza RS filled with Ver. 7 STi goodness.

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

dayman posted:

2001 Impreza RS filled with Ver. 7 STi goodness.

Wow, the perfectly configured Impreza... Looks of the 2.5rs, but motor of the STI.:cool:

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Gorgeous Suby. Are you an It's Always Sunny fan?

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

tractorcrusher posted:

Wow, the perfectly configured Impreza... Looks of the 2.5rs, but motor of the STI.:cool:

Yeah that was my thinking as well.

metalhead posted:

Gorgeous Suby. Are you an It's Always Sunny fan?

My favorite show. Nightman cometh would definitely be my favorite episode of the last season.

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

RealKyleH posted:

Looks slick. Legal tint here in MA is so light it's not even worth doing. I heard you can even tint windshields in florida, though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Most states (Florida included) only allow you to tint the top of the windshield. Actually, as I understand it, the tint laws in Florida were established when I was a kid living there, as there were some cops killed on traffic stops because they couldn't see the driver holding a gun.

Oh yeah, not everybody follows the law when it comes to tinting. :)

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

CharlesM posted:

cops killed on traffic stops because they couldn't see the driver holding a gun.

I think this is the reasoning behind all tint laws.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

dayman posted:

My favorite show. Nightman cometh would definitely be my favorite episode of the last season.

Mine too :unsmith: Though my favorite episode of the last season was the billboard model contest.

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008

RealKyleH posted:

I also learned stick on a WRX 5-speed. How are you liking it so far? Took me a good 3-4 months to get it down well.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I love it. I am doing pretty good I guess. I am not quite sure which shifts are going to be a bit jumpy and which are going to be smooth yet unless I let it out real slow. Especially the N-1 and 1-2. 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 are pretty smooth though. I am excited to get my M8 sold and start figuring out how much money I have and what tuner will suit me best. I love driving the car though.

Also, I have "legal tint" on my M8 that was done professionally and the front tints are darker on this car than the mark 8. I roll my windows all the way down on traffic stops as well as turn my dome light on immediately. I try to make the officer as comfortable as possible.

That red 2.5RS is beautiful and awesome.

AnomalousBoners fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 12, 2009

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

Excellent considering its a Lincoln, pretty good otherwise. The engine doesnt turn enough RPM to take advantage of the B port heads, the transmission isn't very intuitive and doesn't like to downshift (a tune helps this of course) and the gears should be at least 3.55s with a posi rather than a 3.08 open or 3.27 open in the LSC. Handling is pretty good but of course is a noticeable step down from the WRX.

So basically they gave it 290 HP and then cockblocked it, is what it sounds like, although the Lincoln-weight could be the major factor. I had a '91 Town Car a couple years ago that was pretty nice, so I've always been thinking about getting another Lincoln for a DD, because I eventually want to turn my Jeep into a weekend warrior. Thanks for the info, I'll have to go test drive one pretty soon.

If I could afford a WRX right now I'd grab one of those instead of course! :)

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I just don't think they committed all the way to sporty nor did the commit to luxury old people's car. What they got was a sportyish old person's car that just needs a few things to head back to sporty.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

Yeah, it's in the "personal luxury vehicle" class, which is sort of disappearing nowadays. There's just something I love about the body style (especially the first gen), and having decent power never hurt things either. Handling really isn't important as long as I'm pretty comfortable.

Also I'm jealous you got to learn stick on a WRX, I learned on a '79 Toyota Corolla 4 speed. Ugh. I was going to replace the 1.1L with a 22R but it never panned out. Woulda been a sweet car after I doubled the displacement. :)

Jackdonkey
May 31, 2007

Clamwacker posted:

Mark 8's are awesome, I wish I would have kept mine instead of getting this.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I find it hilarious that you went from a gigantic phallic shaped car with a huge (in size, not necessarily displacement) V8 to Miata. Since you miss your Mark VIII you should bid on mine. The reserve is less than kbb private party you know.

Jackdonkey
May 31, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

I find it hilarious that you went from a gigantic phallic shaped car with a huge (in size, not necessarily displacement) V8 to Miata. Since you miss your Mark VIII you should bid on mine. The reserve is less than kbb private party you know.

The Mark 8 was just a ton of car for the money, I bought mine in summer of 03, it was a 93 for $3750 and I got the cool black with tan leather combo, lots of horsepower, air suspension, climate control, chrome wheels. I did that Jmod thing so the tires would chirp going into second, and for whatever reason that car never felt like you were hurting it when you beat on it, flooring it all the time and the engine just sang.

I just got the Miata cause I'm gay for convertibles. It's a turbo so you either have slow mode or fast mode and fast mode just seems like you're wrecking stuff. There's a medium speed too I guess but it doesn't make much sense to shift right as the turbo is starting to spool, in a big turbo like a 300zx slow speed is cool for 30mph roads so turbos are fine in those cars, I just don't like the turbos on the smaller engines. It might have something to do with the notchy transmission so it's kind of hard to get a rhythm and then it's jerking around more than it needs with the revs not matching like I'd like. But that might just be cause I suck at driving it since I only have 3300 miles on it. The thing weighs 2500 and only gets 22 mpg. The Lincoln weighs like 3700 pounds, my overdrive didn't work and I still got 19-21.5 driving to work and back, doing one wheel burnouts and chirping a tire into second probably a couple times per tank.

That Kia in the upper right (with the Ford emblems :smug:) is what I drive every day and it's awesome cause I never have to wash it and it gets 30mpg on regular and parts to fix it are dirt cheap from the dealer. The Miata was for sale last summer and it will be again this summer but then I'll just drive the Kia until it dies and then get a hybrid that shuts the gas engine off to coast since that would be perfect for my all backroads drive to work. Plus a Mark 8 is huge and I want some room in my garage for my own cnc stuff, that I don't have yet.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Jackdonkey posted:

I just got the Miata cause I'm gay

Finally someone admits it.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

Finally someone admits it.

:aslol: I saw this coming before I even finished reading the sentence.

I'm also surprised someone would go from a Mark VIII to a Miata, or really any big American car to a Miata. I've never driven one of those things, but I hear they handle great and have no power. I would probably be terrified driving a tiny car like that in the middle of all these Excursions and poo poo around here.

Anyway the new ones are pretty cool looking. There's a guy who works around here who has a shiny red Miata with a confederate flag as his front license plate. :gay:

Also, of all the colors for a newer Miata, that has to be the best one. And on the topic of Lincolns enjoying abuse, I know what you mean. I flogged the ever living poo poo out of my Town Car and it drove like a good little whore until I finally got tired of every last superfluous part breaking.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 13, 2009

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

2004.5 Jetta GLI

This picture is 3 years old, but the only thing that's changed is she now has smoked side markers instead of the hideous, amber ones. Also registered in Colorado now since I've moved since then. Hope to actually do some mods on it soon.

Pilot Jim fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 13, 2009

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pilot Jim posted:

2004.5 Jetta GLI

This picture is 3 years old, but the only thing that's changed is she now has smoked side markers instead of the hideous, amber ones. Also registered in Colorado now since I've moved since then. Hope to actually do some mods on it soon.

I would kill for that car. I had an ex who had a GLI just like that and it was pretty fun to drive. You can make some good power with some basic mods. The 1.8t is pretty mod friendly.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Randi Challenger posted:

I would kill for that car. I had an ex who had a GLI just like that and it was pretty fun to drive. You can make some good power with some basic mods. The 1.8t is pretty mod friendly.

You should drive a 2.0T. I've had two of both, and the 2.0T blows the 1.8T out of the water.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

DropShadow posted:

You should drive a 2.0T. I've had two of both, and the 2.0T blows the 1.8T out of the water.

I've been thinking about going this route, but am I the only person that really doesn't like the new Jetta bodystyle? It looks all jacked up in the rear. The Rabbit/GTI pull it off really nicely with the hatchback but the Jetta seems like an afterthought.
The GLI is so much prettier than my GLS, it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

DoesNotCompute posted:

I've been thinking about going this route, but am I the only person that really doesn't like the new Jetta bodystyle? It looks all jacked up in the rear. The Rabbit/GTI pull it off really nicely with the hatchback but the Jetta seems like an afterthought.
The GLI is so much prettier than my GLS, it hurts.

It's a personal preference thing. I have a GTI, my wife has a Rabbit. We like hatchbacks.

Pilot Jim posted:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to crap on your car. I had a MkIV Jetta and I loved it (that's it in my avatar). The MkIV GLI was easily the best-looking MkIV Jetta.