Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Oh, I just love the title of the strip. With the site loading as slow as it has been, the title would have driven me crazy while I waited for the comic to load.

Of course since I see the comic here it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Did anyone notice the middle demon specifically called V "he" without any wavering? I know Burlow is probably throwing a red herring with the demon just picking one for convenience, but that should set off a new round of arguing on the oots forums.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Pyrolocutus posted:

Did anyone notice the middle demon specifically called V "he" without any wavering? I know Burlow is probably throwing a red herring with the demon just picking one for convenience, but that should set off a new round of arguing on the oots forums.

The argument never actually ceases there really. Burlow has made that "mistake" before anyway and waved it off with "character choosing one out of convenience."

Detetsu
Jan 14, 2006

Your loyal assistant Dr. Meowgon is all over this one.

Brannock posted:

I thought it was just V-colored.

Isn't that the colour he became as a polymorphed lizard?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

In the previous strip, the imp was calling V "her."

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Detetsu posted:

Isn't that the colour he became as a polymorphed lizard?

The darker purple, actually.

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

alone in the dark and scared always scared as hell
oh man this plotline is just so loving cool

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Bobulus posted:

Is a pink dragon a reference to what Bell posted, or an actual type of D&D dragon?

I thought it might be an Amethyst Dragon, but I'm not sure that's open source and I'm not sure that manoeuver is allowed and I think the point is V is tearing poo poo up while her missus looks on in horror.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Tag Plastic posted:

I thought it might be an Amethyst Dragon, but I'm not sure that's open source and I'm not sure that manoeuver is allowed and I think the point is V is tearing poo poo up while her missus looks on in horror.

Guys I know this strip is fun for over-thinking, but the spell is shapechange. V just changed into a pink dragon shape, he/she didn't turn into a specific dragon.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

HKR posted:

Guys I know this strip is fun for over-thinking, but the spell is shapechange. V just changed into a pink dragon shape, he/she didn't turn into a specific dragon.

The specific dragon is pink, obviously!

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Pyrolocutus posted:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0637.html

A couple strips back the imp says "Her".

It means nothing. It happens often.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Tag Plastic posted:

Aren't those psionic? I feel like a wizard choosing a psionic dragon is a little weird.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I had this happen once in a DnD game we were running. We were fighting a Behir and it took off when it's health was low, so the wizard was all " aww hell no" Cast Fly and went after it. Ended up getting swallowed by the thing(but he cast acid protection earlier) and he shapechanged into this 4 armed gorrila thing.
4 attacks round at like a 26 str bonus and he ripped right out of that things stomach.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Johnny Aztec posted:

I had this happen once in a DnD game we were running. We were fighting a Behir and it took off when it's health was low, so the wizard was all " aww hell no" Cast Fly and went after it. Ended up getting swallowed by the thing(but he cast acid protection earlier) and he shapechanged into this 4 armed gorrila thing.
4 attacks round at like a 26 str bonus and he ripped right out of that things stomach.

I had a character's head ripped off by one of those four-armed gorillas once. Two hands on the shoulders, two hands on the head...POP!

Regarding the comic, first of all that was totally badass. Second, I didn't consider that V's family would have trouble recognizing him/her. I don't know if that's enough to make me think this will resolve differently, though.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

CK07 posted:

Regarding the comic, first of all that was totally badass. Second, I didn't consider that V's family would have trouble recognizing him/her. I don't know if that's enough to make me think this will resolve differently, though.

Bet: V's mate recognizes V, but also recognizes that something is terribly wrong. V's kids will not recognize hir, and V's mate will keep them in the dark until he/she can tell whether V is "safe" or not.

The Rooster
Jul 25, 2004

If you've got white people problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but being socially privileged ain't one
I like that he got eaten by her, like by her son.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

The Rooster posted:

Well okay, but if this turns into a vore comic, I'm out of here.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Rooster posted:

Wasn't it Haley that got eaten by her son, not V?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
It was V too. I remember it was because V failed to take into account her hitpoint total into her plans, and the rest of the order attacking the dragon for swallowing the lizard who "may or may not be" their friend.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Johnny Aztec posted:

and he shapechanged into this 4 armed gorrila thing.

A Girallon. :)

Also, I'm actually really enjoying this fight sequence, even if it boils down to "ultimate min-maxed wizard v. dragon sorcerer", it's still fun, and I love watching characters dig moral and ethical holes for themselves.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

pseudosavior posted:

and I love watching characters dig moral and ethical holes for themselves.

I feel like we've gone well past the point of "hole". This is more of a moral/ethical canyon, filled with poison-tipped spikes, with a tsunami of boiling acid running through it. And the acid is made out of damned souls.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
:siren:New Strip!:siren:

The Rehost won't be done by me, as tinypic hosed it up and it's too big for waffleimages.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Well... well holy poo poo! Did V just extinct Black Dragons?

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

pseudosavior posted:

:siren:New Strip!:siren:

Ho-lee-poo poo!

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!

Superstring posted:

Well... well holy poo poo! Did V just extinct Black Dragons?

No, only the ones directly related to that dragon.

It's just that dragons both live a long time and are also total sluts who have sex with anything, thanks to the fact that most of them can assume most medium forms at will.

They have a lot of spawn.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
That dragontaur looked pretty loving surprised.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Ok V just crossed some sort of hilarious line. Also would an epic spell like this even be possible? Surely -someone- must've made the saving throw right?

spoonboy
Oct 30, 2004

I wanna be a pilot!
Rehosted for your pleasure, though the site seems to be holding up well at the moment.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Holy. loving. poo poo. I know I said this before but for a stick figure internet comic this is pretty badical.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
The line V crossed? I think it's in another plane by now.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
What happens to all the people who are standing below where the flying dragons just died?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Commissar Lord posted:

What happens to all the people who are standing below where the flying dragons just died?

Something not all that dissimilar to the dragons themselves.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
This. loving. Comic. :aaa:

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
...there is no way this can't have bad repercussions.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
There is no way it can't have fantastic repercussions.

happyelf
Nov 9, 2000

by mons al-madeen
Man, if i was xyklon i'd go out body-harvesting

just have a big warehouse full of dead dragons to animate when i needed one

Commissar Lord posted:

they were already getting a flyby from an evil dragon at least this way they get to try and jump out of the way

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

quote:

The reason no one has suggested he read order of the stick is because order of the stick is a terrible, stupid, wall of text, boring, nerd jerk off piece of garbage webcomic that barely qualifies as clip art.

Haha

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
So what is V's dragon kill count up to now, 63? 64? Do eggs count?

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Will he get xp for all of those kills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Women's Rights? posted:

Will he get xp for all of those kills?

I believe it's already been stated that V won't gain any EXP during the soul splice.