Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=312036495

This guy just tried to add my middle-aged Pastor today. My pastor did not know what the gently caress.

Immature as gently caress for someone whose profile says they're 32, but from my perspective it was kind of hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clothes Optional
Oct 3, 2004
well you guys just hate everything don't you

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

Clothes Optional posted:

well you guys just hate everything don't you

its the black metal bushido

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gr31lly posted:

Yeah, it was bland and uninteresting.

As for female vocals, Dana Duffey always did a good job in Mythic and the vocals are fine in Demonic Christ.

Having folk elements that for once aren't European in origin = bland and uninteresting?

For what it's worth I like Darkestrah a lot for at least trying something different. I like the music too though.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

The Remote Viewer posted:

Immature as gently caress for someone whose profile says they're 32, but from my perspective it was kind of hilarious.

There's a rulebook for how to be 32?

loving with the church is timeless

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

so i just saw satyricon.

mother north, forhekset, nothing off dark medieval times, nothing off shadowthrone.

*sob*

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Having folk elements that for once aren't European in origin = bland and uninteresting?

For what it's worth I like Darkestrah a lot for at least trying something different. I like the music too though.

No, the album just never seemed to take off, the pacing is too singular.

Epos was a lot better in my opinion, and that was an entire album as a single song, which is much harder to pull off.

And for the record there's plenty of folk instrumentation in bands that isn't European. Go Listen to Xibalba's Ah Dzam Poop Ek.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Gr31lly posted:

Poop
:laugh:

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

so i just saw satyricon.

mother north, forhekset, nothing off dark medieval times, nothing off shadowthrone.

*sob*

I love DMT to death but I'm not surprised.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Gr31lly posted:

That's a weird complaint though because they used some kinda unconventional rhythms on TGSR. I'll admit though that it didn't seem as coherent or immediately appealing as Epos; I still thought it was a good album though.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

so i just saw satyricon.

*sob*

That loving sucks but thanks for posting this. I was wondering what I missed and this eases my pain.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Honestly, it was still a good show, their Volcano stuff onward sounds way better live than on an album, and it was fuckloads of fun. I just wish I'd gone in not expecting to hear early stuff.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gr31lly posted:

Epos was a lot better in my opinion, and that was an entire album as a single song, which is much harder to pull off.

And for the record there's plenty of folk instrumentation in bands that isn't European. Go Listen to Xibalba's Ah Dzam Poop Ek.
I read it as the band being bland and not the album, my bad. Silk Road wasn't as good as Epos was, but I wouldn't go straight to calling it bland.
I know that there are a lot of bands that don't use European instrumentation/rhythms but it's nowhere near as widespread as the European ones - I'll check out Xibalba, though

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gr31lly posted:

Poop

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Morbid Florist posted:

There's a rulebook for how to be 32?

loving with the church is timeless

It's like something I'd have done at 16-18 when I was going through my Anton LaVey phase, that's all.

I add people to the church profile all the time, and it's not like I go 'Whoa, this dude is into black metal, let's add him muahahaha' That would be kind of a passive-aggressive way of striking back at the man.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

The Remote Viewer posted:

It's like something I'd have done at 16-18 when I was going through my Anton LaVey phase, that's all.

I add people to the church profile all the time, and it's not like I go 'Whoa, this dude is into black metal, let's add him muahahaha' That would be kind of a passive-aggressive way of striking back at the man.

Well until a better way presents itself passive aggressive is still a method.

Drudkh
Feb 17, 2009

by mons all madden
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices was just released. I can't wait to hear this, i've been waiting a long time for this album.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Morbid Florist posted:

Well until a better way presents itself passive aggressive is still a method.

yeah, if you're a gaylord

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

krustster posted:

yeah, if you're a gaylord

says the kid actually using gaylord in a sentence

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hey guys Mordaehoth - Bloedwraak - Verdoem Al't Christelijk Leven is some pretty sweet black/folk("pagan metal" I guess?)

Plus it's made by this dude:

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Anyone else seen the dates for the ABSU and Glorior Belli North American tour this June?

Jun 6 Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, California
Jun 7 House of Blues - W. Hollywood, California
Jun 8 Thee Parkside - San Francisco, California
Jun 9 Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, Oregon
Jun 10 El Corazon - Seattle, Washington
Jun 12 The Underground - Calgary, Alberta
Jun 13 The Exchange - Regina, Saskatchewan
Jun 14 Royal Albert Arms - Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jun 15 Station 4 - St. Paul, Minnesota
Jun 16 The Pearl Room - Mokena, Illinois
Jun 17 Peabody’s - Cleveland, Ohio
Jun 18 Wreck Room - Toronto, Ontario
Jun 19 Petit Campus - Montreal, Quebec
Jun 20 Penny Arcade - Rochester, New York
Jun 21 BB Kings Blues Club - New York, New York
Jun 22 Jaxx - W. Springfield, Virginia
Jun 23 Volume 11 - Raleigh, North Carolina
Jun 24 The Muse - Nashville, Tennessee
Jun 25 The Masquerade - Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 26 The Garage - St. Petersburg, Florida
Jun 27 Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Jun 29 Firewater - Dallas, Texas

Should be a good show!

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Anyone else seen the dates for the ABSU and Glorior Belli North American tour this June?

Jun 6 Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, California
Jun 7 House of Blues - W. Hollywood, California
Jun 8 Thee Parkside - San Francisco, California
Jun 9 Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, Oregon
Jun 10 El Corazon - Seattle, Washington
Jun 12 The Underground - Calgary, Alberta
Jun 13 The Exchange - Regina, Saskatchewan
Jun 14 Royal Albert Arms - Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jun 15 Station 4 - St. Paul, Minnesota
Jun 16 The Pearl Room - Mokena, Illinois
Jun 17 Peabody’s - Cleveland, Ohio
Jun 18 Wreck Room - Toronto, Ontario
Jun 19 Petit Campus - Montreal, Quebec
Jun 20 Penny Arcade - Rochester, New York
Jun 21 BB Kings Blues Club - New York, New York
Jun 22 Jaxx - W. Springfield, Virginia
Jun 23 Volume 11 - Raleigh, North Carolina
Jun 24 The Muse - Nashville, Tennessee
Jun 25 The Masquerade - Atlanta, Georgia
Jun 26 The Garage - St. Petersburg, Florida
Jun 27 Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Jun 29 Firewater - Dallas, Texas

Should be a good show!

"And uhhh....BOSTON cancelled. But not to worry it's not a big college town or anything"

First show in months I've wanted to see and it's not coming anywhere near here.

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.
Isn't Mayhem doing a US tour this summer?

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Any Old Irony posted:

Hey guys Mordaehoth - Bloedwraak - Verdoem Al't Christelijk Leven is some pretty sweet black/folk("pagan metal" I guess?)

Plus it's made by this dude:

In my head, about two seconds after this photo was shot, his mom calls him in to do the dishes and finish his Algebra homework. He can pillage Ireland later.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
Peste Noire have released an album this month apparently, how did I miss this?

Anyone heard it yet?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Qu Appelle posted:

In my head, about two seconds after this photo was shot, his mom calls him in to do the dishes and finish his Algebra homework. He can pillage Ireland later.

There'd be another layer there if he were a nazi. alas...

BosendorferIstKrieg
Apr 1, 2008

holy/violence
new Xasthur leaked. Seriously off the deep end at this point, it's released only on cassette and lp.

Surprisingly, I don't hate it immediately.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Qu Appelle posted:

I don't see a stuffed tiger anywhere so it must be holding the camera

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Has anyone heard the new 1349 yet?

Is it any good?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

lordblytzkrieg posted:

quote:

Is it any good?

No

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Has anyone heard the new 1349 yet?

Is it any good?

I've found this thread moves much better when you don't mention 1349.

I'll still be buying that album, and probably loving the poo poo out of it.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Sworn has two new tracks from a new album up on their myspace. Definitely more black metal than Alleviation was, but still really bright production, and still leaning towards the melodic rather than frostbite. The drums are kinda loud compared to the guitars which is a bummer.

I guess they're not bad, but they aren't grabbing me by the ear like the first album did.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Just listened to those guys for the first time, and I agree. It's ok stuff, I like the composition and more BM musical styling of the new tunes over the old.

The drums are mixed a bit loud, and the whole band is just kinda meh.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

I am Anreischken, I play bass guitar for the blackmetal band Finsternis, for proof of this, here is our URL https://www.finsternis.com. Stop by and say hello.

A couple of weeks ago, I built a talking board. I have always been a skeptic of all things that profess themselves to be spiritual, but one day I decided to give the spirits the benefit of the doubt. I decided to build the board because I questioned the spiritual value of anything with a Parker Bros. stamp on it. I did some on-line research and got the goods on how to build your own board and went to work. It took me all of a weekend to complete. Last Sunday, I took it over to my singer and guitar player to give it a spin.

We all have very different spiritual standings. I am an ex-Christian (that's where the skepticism of spiritual things comes in) and consider myself a pagan. I believe that things occult lend themselves more to the uncharted reaches of science than to magickal mumbo-jumbo.

Nettie, the guitarist is an Atheist whose spiritual leanings are vehemently agnostic at best. It's all mumbo-jumbo to her. Vitzel, the lead singer allies himself to no real school of belief at all, though he will admit that he has heard and seen things that he cannot explain.

Kuester, the drummer is the type of guy (a typical drummer) who feels free to walk between all camps. He plays for us, which his Christian friends hate. And we, of course, would just as soon put the Christians' heads on a pike, but we get along with Kuester. This is most likely because he readily admits the fallacy in circular Christian thought.

After practice, we broke out the board. I put Vitzel and Nettie on the board, since they are a couple and decided to sit back and take notes. Kuester just sat and guzzled ale.

No-go, the spirits weren't talking. We relocated some candles and changed the mood music from blackmetal to classical. I pulled up a couple of chairs and Kuester's drum throne and we all four touched the planchette. After about 3 minutes, I called the spirits out. The planchette moved, but spelled out mostly gibberish. I dragged the indicator to GOODBYE and we broke it off.

Vitzel thought one of us was f__king around, so i suggested that we each write a question on a piece of paper, kept secret from the others and ask the spirit. We got back on the board and blanked our minds and then I called it out again. I asked its name and it said -EM SZXSZY, he was either Czech or full of it. I empowered it to answer Vitzel's question -YES. (He had asked if he should go to Germany with his friend.) It answered me with -NO (I had asked if it would follow us to concerts).

It answered Kuester with -DIC:), the "smiley" being a grinning skull painted on the board. Kuester had asked where his wife was, she was supposed to be at church, but none of us knew this.

It then said GOODBYE, refusing to answer Nettie.

Then the tour was on.We loaded up our candles, board and ourselves into the van and headed out to Cameron Park in our home-town of Waco. There are always murders and body dumping there and it has a reputation for occult happenings. There is also a mysterious but rarely seen character called 'the goat man'. I settled on a spot where a murder/rape had taken place and we parked.

We gathered, lit the candles and called out the spirits. The mojo was working. It spelled out -696 SMU 8. I asked "SMU the college?" -NO.

Initials? -YES.

"Is 696 a date? as in June 1996?" -YES.

"What happened on 6/96?" -F3.

I immediately knew what it was talking about, so did Kuester. Vitzel and Nettie did not. I asked "Is this the 3 F's that I'm thinking of?" -YES.

"Are you being sarcastic?" -NO.

Vitzel asked me which 3 F's I was talking about. I said "Find'em, F__k'em, and Forget'em." -YES, agreed the board.

The planchette moved repeatedly in a circle. Vitzel asked how we could help and we all agreed. - FIND 1.

"One what? a killer?" -NO.

Vitzel asked, do you want us to find your body? -YES. More circling.

I asked "Is your body near?" -GOODBYE.

We re-grouped and decided to let Kuester stand outside of the van. Nettie, Vitzel and I got back and called 'Spirit 696' out. We told it that we want to help and asked if it was near by. -YES.

We asked if we shouted directions to Kuester if it could be found that way. -NO.

We asked if it was in the brazos river. -NO. Buried on land? -YES.

I asked "Did the killer bury the body?" -GOODBYE.

It was cold and dark and I had just gotten a sixth sense premonition that the cops were about to get nosy, so we decided to bag it and attack the '696' issue when we had some daylight in our favor.

Next stop on the tour was The Texas Ranger museum and adjacent Cemetery. I had been told it was dangerous to use a board in a graveyard and it was time for a test. Plus it was a Christian/Jew cemetery and we give quarter to neither in life. This was going to be fun.

We set up and started to charge the board. Imediately, Kuester's fingers were knocked off the planchette. This happened three or four times. Finally, he got a grip and the planchette slid far to the other side of the board, near Vitzel, causing his fingers to come off again. We re-positioned the board so that that wouldn't happen again and the planchette began to rocket around the board in a figure 8 . I asked the spirit's name, but it was no-go, we just got more figure 8s. I pressed it again and there was no answer so I said "Goodbye" and slid the indicator down. I called 'break' to let everyone else know to let go.

We started again and this time I called out "Are there any good spirits who wish to converse?" Nada. I said again"If there are any good souls who wish to talk, we the members of Finsternis empower you." Nope.

I then called out "Is there a spirit who is holding the others back? Who is interfering?" Figure 8s again. I was a bit annoyed at this time and spoke in a stern voice. "Spirit, if you will not converse in a civilized manner then we ask you to say good-" - the planchette whipped over to GOODBYE and right off the board into my lap.

The members of Finsternis went home with a serious case of the Willies (a distant cousin of the Heebie Jeebies). I still consider myself a skeptic. Was it our sub-conscious? Psychokinetic energy? Talking spirits?

All I know is that the message indicator moved on its own accord and I cannot explain it.

Hilarious.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Not Very Metal posted:

Just listened to those guys for the first time, and I agree. It's ok stuff, I like the composition and more BM musical styling of the new tunes over the old.

The drums are mixed a bit loud, and the whole band is just kinda meh.

Listen to the first album. It's not the most blackened thing on earth but it was drat good melodic black. Everyone seemed to know their part and played with gusto. This one sounds kinda phoned in and mixed like rear end. I was fired up for the blacker approach until I heard that was the only improvement.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Morbid Florist posted:

Listen to the first album. It's not the most blackened thing on earth but it was drat good melodic black. Everyone seemed to know their part and played with gusto. This one sounds kinda phoned in and mixed like rear end. I was fired up for the blacker approach until I heard that was the only improvement.

I'm out for the day, but I'll do some digging tomorrow and take a listen.

Of course, I'm still on a big Immortal/Marduk/Dark Funeral kick after getting that collection from my buddy. May be a while before I get heavily into anything new.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

If you aren't a fan already, I don't find it a hard jump to go from Marduk to Naglfar. Sheol is a loving sweet album

bjobjoli
Feb 21, 2006
Wrasslin'

Cold Day posted:

Peste Noire have released an album this month apparently, how did I miss this?

Anyone heard it yet?

It leaked yesterday on April 1st, I think it's behind their first album.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Morbid Florist posted:

Naglfar : Sheol

Listened to this today on Youtube, and it is pretty loving awesome. It kinda reminds me of every other melodic/black band, but is better than dimmu and that's good enough for me.

Way to come through again, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Not Very Metal posted:

Listened to this today on Youtube, and it is pretty loving awesome. It kinda reminds me of every other melodic/black band, but is better than dimmu and that's good enough for me.

Way to come through again, man.

Yeah there's absolutely nothing special about them except that they never really let the intensity drop. Other than that it's nothing new.

Speaking of mediocre melodic black their old singer made a new band after he left with Sheol, called Profundi. Not bad, not great, but it's entertaining now and then.

edit: Since the thread is going nowhere and we're here talking about mediocre, allow me to throw out a band that isn't: Koldbrann - Nekrotisk Inkvisition. No frills back to basics black. Their other albums aren't bad but this one I can't stop listening to

Morbid Florist fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 6, 2009