Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

covener posted:

Any goons with interest in building their resume/soul by contributing to Apache [HTTP Server] can drop me a line.

You can't accept emails or PMs :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

EDIT: This position has been filled.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 26, 2009

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

BlackTerror posted:

You can't accept emails or PMs :confused:

Sorry -- I just tried to flip email on now. My AIM handle in the profile is valid, FWIW.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Updating that the Windows/Exchange position at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory has been filled (not from here). Two left, though!

tsbicca
Aug 27, 2004
My experience: 8+ years in IT, 4+ years Linux/Windows server management for rapidly growing medium size company. LAMP stack focus.
What I'm looking for: Systems Admin Position with Linux focus.
What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk, jobs located in Silicon Valley
Where I live: San Francisco, CA
Where I'm looking: San Francisco, CA
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Full time, Health Insurance
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, tsbicca@yahoo.com

hibachi
Oct 3, 2006
chawks
nothing to see in this post

hibachi fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 9, 2009

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

I killed your cat, you druggie bitch.
Ruby on Rails job in Austin, TX

http://trionworld.com/career.php?jid=94

PM me for details.

uwimage
Jan 26, 2009
I feel lovely for all you out of work, one industry I haven't seen discussed much here is the pro A/V world, we are always hiring either for full time or freelance. It might not be your ideal career but it is a fun one and tends to pay a little better for entry level than direct IT work. (I've made anywhere between 14 - 28 an hour and up to 600 a day for freelance, now I do have years of experience but 14/16 an hr is pretty standard for entry level).

There is also a big transition in our industry becoming computer/IP based. I run a 30 million dollar A/V system that's completely IP based, without my experience at Microsoft I'd be screwed...

Well, here's some of the US companies but these are national, if you're in a big metro area there are probably a bunch of local companies too like when I was in Seattle I worked for the A/V Factory, they have (had?) the Seattle convention center contract, that kept us pretty busy...

https://www.fordav.com
https://www.whitlock.com
https://www.swankav.com
(these are the ones off the top of my head)

here's an international group that is US/Europe/Asia based:

http://global-presence.org/

hope this helps someone!

Microsoft Spy
Jun 10, 2002

Corporate whore x2.
My experience: 10+ years in software security (among other things)
What I'm looking for: A job working with other IT professionals with potential for advancement
Current Job: Technical Security Architect (glorified software security nerd)
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level level anything, code monkey
Where I live: Louisville, KY area (looking to relocate)
Where I'm looking: Don't really care
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: nothing particular
Can be reached via: PM, this thread

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
My experience: 4 years working at an instructional technology department at a university doing EVERYTHING: server management, video, audio, and photo editing, general Windows and Macintosh troubleshooting (lab management), course management systems, AV/Support, and hardware installations.
What I'm looking for: A job with a relaxed atmosphere that provides a variety of daily tasks.
What I'm NOT looking for: Programming. I can do everything except programming.
Where I live: NW USA
Where I'm looking: ANYWHERE. Even abroad. I have international work experience and I speak German and Spanish as well as English.
When I can start: May 17, 2009
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, other contact information in profile

Liface fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 21, 2009

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
My experience: 6 or so years supporting Windows based PC's, and various software tools including MS Office, Lotus Notes, Citrix Presentation Client, and many more.
What I'm looking for: A job that is stable (somewhat at least) and has some room for advancement.
What I'm NOT looking for: Answering phones and making tickets
Where I live: Pittsburgh, PA area
Where I'm looking: Pittsburgh, PA. Chattanooga, TN
When I can start: Almost immediately, just got laid off.
Requirements: Not too many, decent pay I guess.
Can be reached via: This thread, weatherman3467 at yahoo.com

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I know that a lot of goons have emailed me and contacted me, and I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted yet. I've been trying to push my office, but I don't think they're ready yet.

We did just fire our SYSADM, which I've also taken over now, so I really need someone, but I don't know our companies timeline.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Well, I've been following (and posting) in some of the SH/SC threads and need a new job myself, so I'll post my mini-resume:

My experience: Management Information Systems graduate. I have nearly a decade of in-house and on-site computer repair experience and going on 2 years of junior administrator experience. I can set up networks, servers, client machines, BlackBerries, server/domain migration (doing it as we speak), Active Directory, Group Policy, Ghost, Imaging software, QA. Currently, I (almost solely) support over 5,000 students, faculty, and staff at a major university. I can fix just about anything that consumes electricity. Spyware removal, installations, individual client contracts, you name it, I can do it. Well, except program, I'm not a coder. I'm the guy everyone goes to when there is a problem. I'm usually the one to solve it. I've gotten quite a few drinks after work for my solutions.
What I'm looking for: A full time position as a system/network admin. Really, give me a job title and a list of duties and I'll see.
What I'm NOT looking for: Call center/entry level "Computer Janitor" positions, programming, a University job.
Where I live: Tampa, FL
Where I'm looking: You name it, I've probably applied there. Basically, anywhere in the US.
When I can start: A good Two weeks notice after I know I have the job, maybe a little longer if it's a completely different location, so I can try to settle into the new area.
Requirements: Full-time, non-contract, decent paying, eligible for benefits.
Can be reached via: AIM (spookymang), email: (teeapostle @ gmail .com), or message me and I'll give you my phone number.

Edit: Man, I keep updating my info...

Ted Stevens fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 27, 2009

Blueballs
Jul 15, 2003
My experience: None! Graduated in December with IT degree and my previous jobs have been retail/factory type work though I did run a Video Conferencing Lab as a school job before I graduated
What I'm looking for: Entry level or junior grunt work so I can get career experience while picking up certs
What I'm NOT looking for: unpaid internships
Where I live: Savannah, GA currently
Where I'm looking: Willing to relocate just about anywhere but am most interested in the D.C. or Atlanta areas.
When I can start: ASAP
Requirements: None really but I would prefer being located near a large city but can deal with just about anything
Can be reached via: here or on AIM via the name Enterred

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
Who we are: Adtuition, small VC backed startup providing tools for online publishers and advertisers to generate and manage high yield product advertising campaigns. In English: we show targeted ads with relevant products, and have some secret sauce to make it work really well.
Where we are: NYC

Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer
Description: As the first engineering hire at Adtuition, your role as a Senior SDE will be to work directly with the CTO for all elements of designing, developing, scaling, testing, and maintaining our core technology, infrastructure, and products. Our current system is a JRuby on Rails application running across 40 servers on EC2. We are looking for an all-star engineer who isn't afraid to dig into any layer of our stack, from the database, through the application code, to the server initialization scripts, to our monitoring tools.

You also will be directly involved in the creative process of designing, building, testing, and deploying new systems, features, and functionality. You've got a track record of developing highly scalable web applications, a passion for software development, are an incredibly creative communicator and team player, enjoy brainstorming and defending your ideas rigorously, and are willing to work hard for above-market rate salary and equity. You also are laid back and know how to relax, as probably indicated by the fact that you are reading this in a forum with the word "Crap" in it. Seriously though, we're committed to building a small team of engineering A-players. Our founding team all has CS degrees and experience working at places including Amazon, Google, and several successful startup companies. If you think you've got what it takes, PM me!

Edit: And no, we are not using Hungarian notation in our codebase, do not be afraid :)

nebby fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 5, 2009

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
My experience: QA Engineer stuff, including but not limited to white-box, gray-box, and QA design work. About 3-4 years.
What I'm looking for: Anything that needs someone who knows what is up with QA and QA/Program design. I like having input with developers and project managers.
What I'm NOT looking for: Hardcore SDET stuff. I can do a bit of coding but if you're looking for a real SDET role I'm not your guy.
Where I live: Seattle, WA
Where I'm looking: Seattle, WA or Portland, OR. NOT the Eastside of Seattle and if it's Portland then the Beaverton/Hillsboro area.
When I can start: Right now.
Can be reached via: PMs on here.

The job market in Seattle is terrible right now and it's becoming difficult to find even three things a week to apply for to qualify for Unemployment Benefits. :(

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 29, 2009

pdugan
Dec 11, 2003

Agoraphobanaut
Nevermind, found a job. Thanks tho.

pdugan fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 2, 2009

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

Spooky Man G posted:

What I'm looking for: A full time position as a system/network admin. Really, give me a job title and a list of duties and I'll see.
What I'm NOT looking for: Call center/entry level "Computer Janitor" positions, programming, a University job.

What is your idea of "computer janitor" work, as a guy looking for a sysad gig?

Edit: speaking as a former sysad myself

BoNNo530
Mar 18, 2002

Who we are: A large nationwide medical company
Where we are: HQ is in FT Myers, FL

Job Title: Senior Network Admin
Description:

PURPOSE:
The Senior Network Administrator will have overall responsibility for maintaining network systems and services including routers, switches, firewall, VPN, CoS/QoS, VoIP, and other IP devices. The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining service levels for all critical applications by installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting as required. The Senior Network Administrator will assist and/or lead the development and/or enhancement of procedures and/or methodologies to achieve optimum performance, security, delivery, and continuity of network services. The Senior Network Administrator will install and maintain LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment and recommend the purchase of hardware, software and telecommunication equipment as necessary. The Senior Network Administrator will train users on LAN operations as necessary. Must be able to travel domestically. This position currently reports to the Director of IT Operations.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Maintain a large nationwide LAN/WAN environment
* Perform network performance monitoring and tuning
* Recommend, perform, and coordinate upgrades to network software and hardware which may require after hours and weekend work.
* Manage all networking projects including voice/data circuit installation and operation, CoS/QoS initiatives, monitoring and timely problem resolution
* Maintain telephone systems (PBX) in cooperation with outside vendors
* Implement appropriate levels of network security
* Assist with development and maintenance of IT Disaster Recovery plans, security policies, etc.
* Document network configuration

REQUIREMENTS:

* 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting a large nationwide Cisco LAN/WAN environment is required
* Experience with Cisco Call Manager configuration and support preferred
* Experience with non-Cisco telephone systems/ PBX
* Experience with managing telecom service providers
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problems solving skills required
* Strong understanding of Windows networking in an enterprise environment
* Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal presentation and time management skills
* Must work well in a team environment

EDUCATION:

* Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field, or equivalent experience
* A minimum of CCNA certification is required
* MCSE or equivalent corporate IT system administration experience preferred

Job Description Clause

The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.

APPLY HERE: http://www.21stcenturyoncology.com/jobs_nondr.asp

Dean!
Jan 31, 2005

Who are we? We're a small/medium sized teleradiology company. Our company operates clinics and has customers nation wide, but mostly on the east coast. http://www.sxrmedical.com
Where are we? We're based in Ozark, AR. It's a very small town in Arkansas, it's a great place to raise a family or enjoy the outdoors. Some of the best driving roads you will ever find are minutes away. We're willing to work out some moving assistance.

We're looking for an experienced PHP/MySQL developer. You should be comfortable with the Linux command line. Experience in HL7 and DICOM is a big plus. You would be adding features and functionality to our web based PACs/RIS/HIS.

Shoot me an email with a resume at dean at sxrmedical.com if you're interested.

Dean! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 2, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I've made some tweaking to the OP, sorting the job postings by general location, putting the more popular sections at the top (there are a lot of openings in New York!) I may move it around some more, I'm not sure, but this should be a little bit easier to find something at a glance.

nene
Jan 5, 2007
Mad Scientist

brc64 posted:

I've made some tweaking to the OP

It looks like we've filled both of the positions I posted about, so it's probably best to remove them from the OP

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

nene posted:

It looks like we've filled both of the positions I posted about, so it's probably best to remove them from the OP
Done. I don't suppose you know if they were filled by a goon, do you? :)

Martbear
Jul 14, 2006

Whee!
My experience: 7 years building/fixing computers informally, spent 2 at a repair shop, and I've spent the past two years helping manage ~200 computers on AD Server 2003 for the Arizona State Museum. I'm a CS minor, reasonably well-versed in Java.
What I'm looking for: Anything.
Where I live: Currently Tucson, Arizona
Where I'm looking: Anywhere! I'm willing to relocate the second after I graduate, in
When I can start: August 13 of this year.
Requirements: More than 30k a year? Full-time position.
Can be reached via: martbear@email.arizona.edu

finagler
Jun 22, 2000

Beer: Serious Business
removed in favor of newer post

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 28, 2012

BrotherNumsey
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
x

BrotherNumsey fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 7, 2020

permabanned
Aug 12, 2008

優しい野菜
My experience: M.Eng. in VLSI systems and Embedded systems from Paris 6 uiversity, one year of Ph.D. research in H.264 (Various profiles) encoding of HDTV1080, made an IC design of a real-time face detector for HDTV. You can see the rest of it here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3087954
What I'm looking for: VHDL/Verilog/SystemC IP IC design, verification and QA, any job in computer hardware or embedded system which can boost my job experience
What I'm not looking for: IT, HelpDesk and web development
Where I live: Paris, France
Where I'm looking: Continental Europe - I don't mind relocating and I can work just fine anywhere in the world, the trouble is that I have a visa only for Schengen states.
When can I start: immediately, if it's a remote working or as soon as I get there if I have to be present at the workplace
Can be reached via: ivan underscore dmitriev at hotmail dot com or right here.

brent78
Jun 23, 2004

I killed your cat, you druggie bitch.
Senior Windows Systems Engineer, Austin, TX
http://www.trionworld.com/career.php?jid=96

We are looking for an exceptional Senior Windows Systems Engineer to help manage the infrastructure for our corporate and game environments. The Senior Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for defining and establishing system administration functions for server infrastructure including Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, deployment automation, high availability, patch management and disaster recovery. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.

RESPONSIBILITIES

* Manage DNS, DHCP, DFS and Active Directory services on Windows 2003 and 2008
* Support a multi-site Exchange 2007 environment
* Support multiple groups by engineering, deploying, and managing a distributed, fault tolerant infrastructure
* Install and configure new software and hardware as required
* Write and manage technical documentation, policies and procedures
* Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
* Conduct disaster recovery and business continuity planning
* Help define and establish common and advanced system administration functions
* Develop project plans related to capacity management, disaster recovery and user management

REQUIREMENTS

* Extensive experience with Microsoft Server 2003/2008 and Exchange 2007
* Very strong understanding of Active Directory and GPO management in multiple forests
* Solid understanding of complex IP networks
* Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
* Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance
* Experience with VMware Infrastructure and Altiris Deployment Solution a plus
* 5+ years real-world experience implementing and managing enterprise technology projects ideally in a 24/7 environment
* MSCE, MCTS, or MCITP certification
* BA/BS in any area of sciences or engineering

How do I apply for this position?

Send your resume and relevant material to: careers@trionworld.com.
Please put first name/last name: Title of position in the subject line of your email.

Please note: All job inquiries and résumés submitted to Trion World Network, Inc. will be treated in confidence, provided that Trion World Network, Inc. shall have the right to use the personal information contained therein to contact you and for internal evaluation purposes.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Thanks for doing all of SH/SC a great service by keeping the OP updated.

the_tourist
Jun 14, 2000

I am a prototype for a much larger system.
My experience: Currently employed with a large healthcare organization, doing hardware, application and small network support for over 75 remote offices and clinics in Southern NJ. Recently completed CCNA certification exams, also have A+/Net+. Certified for Dell & HP warranty repairs for desktops and printers.
What I'm looking for: IT Technician Level II or entry-level Network Technician, fast-paced and engaging environment.
What I'm NOT looking for: entry-level helpdesk, mindless grunt work, being stuck at a desk all day.
Where I live: Atlantic City, NJ
Where I'm looking: Chicago, IL
When I can start: June, 1st 2009
Requirements: 55-60k
Can be reached via: private message on the forums,

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Updating that the Linux admin post we had open has been unfortunately dropped because of economic pressures (and some really great automation ;)). Storage/backup admin position is still open.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

e: Job closed, thanks.

kensei fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 29, 2009

finagler
Jun 22, 2000

Beer: Serious Business
removed in favor of newer post

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 28, 2012

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

strwrsxprt posted:

Thanks for doing all of SH/SC a great service by keeping the OP updated.
Glad to help! Still waiting for somebody to give me a job, though :(

kensei posted:

If a temporary position is okay to post, we are hiring in Beaverton, OR.
Added, but let me know if its filled so I can remove it.

finagler posted:

position closed, can you please delete?
Removed.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

kensei posted:

If a temporary position is okay to post, we are hiring in Beaverton, OR.

Title: Temporary Systems Administrator
Length: 90 days

HR blurb:

Technical details available here: http://easystreet.com/about/careers/

This is a great place to work. I love it here.
I would apply for this but even though I have a lot of the experience you're looking for I've never been in a full-on admin role, just QA Engineer type roles with my last job having tertiary responsibilities doing server lab administration (which included some remote datacenter stuff, but not a lot)

Unless you're not getting a lot of resumes and would be interested?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Kenshin posted:

I would apply for this but even though I have a lot of the experience you're looking for I've never been in a full-on admin role, just QA Engineer type roles with my last job having tertiary responsibilities doing server lab administration (which included some remote datacenter stuff, but not a lot)

Unless you're not getting a lot of resumes and would be interested?

I tried to PM you. The job was just posted. Apply! If you can communicate well and demonstrate suitable knowledge you'll have a shot at it!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I know that a lot of goons have emailed me and contacted me, and I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted yet. I've been trying to push my office, but I don't think they're ready yet.

We did just fire our SYSADM, which I've also taken over now, so I really need someone, but I don't know our companies timeline.

Hey, we just sold a huge bunch of jobs. This were looking pretty bleak for a bit, but now we've picked up considerably. Tuesday I met with our partners, and they're ready to start interviewing my replacement (so I can get back into doing Asterisk installs). Send in those resumes!

Just to reiterate, we prefer someone with previous financial support experience, familiarity with routing, basic Linux knowledge, you must be a genius, and have extremely good communication skills. You won't just be a tech, but you'll be a full-time representative of our company at a very important client.

Frankenfuhrer
Sep 11, 2003

pineal glans

BrotherNumsey posted:

Contact
Throw me an email:: candrews#at#worldwinner#d0t#c0m. Put SH/SC into the subject so you don't get dspam'd. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Thanks! Email sent.

mezoth
Aug 7, 2006
Position Filled, please remove.

mezoth fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.T Zander
Aug 27, 2008

by angerbot
I'm an unemployed college student available for summer/vacation help part time or full time.

My experience: 3 years experience with Windows XP Server edition. Set up and serviced a clone server for MacBook, MacBook Pro, iBook G4, and iMac. Apple certified, good with UNIX, and have a broad range of hardware knowledge.
What I'm looking for: Entry level help desk.
What I'm NOT looking for: Retail sales.
Where I live: Boston, Massachusetts. Attending college in Springfield Ma.
Where I'm looking: Boston, Ma. Springfield, Ma.
When I can start: May 5, 2009
Requirements: Must graduate college. Please do not contact me if you want me to take up a career, unless the offer is post May 12, 2012.
Can be reached via: PM