Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
And one photo as promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CthulhuBill
Aug 17, 2003

by Cyrano4747

I love my AMC.

CthulhuBill fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 2, 2009

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

EvilCrayon posted:

And one photo as promised.

That's a very nice Z.

BmwM3AF
Mar 2, 2008

by angerbotSD

like.a.kite posted:

:mmmhmm:

Oh and also, the double Benz pic isn't mine.

:confused:

numba1wonga
Jan 18, 2005

This girl just took a gigantic poop all over herself.

BmwM3AF posted:

:confused:

I think it's because of M3 bumper on 330I.

Wasn't there a thread about this car a while ago?

edit: Yes, something about how "AI knows the value of rimz"

numba1wonga fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 2, 2009

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

like.a.kite posted:

:mmmhmm:

Oh and also, the double Benz pic isn't mine.

Then why are you posting in the "POST YOUR OWN RIDE" thread?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CthulhuBill posted:

I love my AMC.

Oh man, I literally sighed lovingly when I saw your car. What the gently caress does that mean? :gay:

gently caress I love '71-'74 Javelins.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

CthulhuBill posted:

I love my AMC.

Dear god.
Please post in AI more, preferably with pictures.

What I'm saying is post more pictures.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

CthulhuBill posted:

I love my AMC.

Dripping with awesome. Formally requesting more awesome.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

BmwM3AF posted:

=) :P :) :-) etc. etc.

Stop posting like a damned 14 year old girl all the time.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

xopher.white posted:

Dripping with awesome. Formally requesting more awesome.

Yes sir post teh awesome! Post teh excellent! Post like an imbecile from 4chan!

BmwM3AF
Mar 2, 2008

by angerbotSD

sigtrap posted:

Stop posting like a damned 14 year old girl all the time.

Indeed, I too frown upon this damned catastrophy.

So where are the pictures of rides this has derailed completely.
:mmmsmug::mmmsmug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001
welp here's mine.

2005 Audi S4 - stock, DD

1988 Yamaha FZR1000 - almost stock, better lighting, 510 chain conv./new gearing, basic stuff.

1992 Plymouth Laser RS-T AWD - A whole hell of a lot done. Last tuned @ 474hp/29psi on e85, since I can't get e85 locally anymore I'm going to have to go back to pumpgas. This car is far more exhilirating than the bulletbike as it consistently pulls 1.6 60's and a launch like that gets everyone grinning/vomiting.

That's all I've got at the moment. Future plans include selling the S4 and moving to an 04+ E55 AMG or (if I could possibly afford it) an 05+ BMW M5 with the 6MT. I considered the Maserati Coupe GT w/ the 6MT for a brief period, but they're just not as DDable as the Mercedes.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Love that laser not just because its awesome but because it's not a GSX or a TSi AWD. Is the RS-T quicker than the FZR?

AnomalousBoners fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 2, 2009

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001
I really want to find out. I've drag raced a GSXR600 in the DSM and beaten it, but I haven't ever had anyone ride my FZR while I run the DSM. I've also never taken my FZR to the strip or track.

Actually, I just stayed up for the last 2 hours reading the ENTIRETY of this thread, and it's amazing! I want to post a whole bunch more pictures of some of my older cars now.

Check out the original factory receipt for my Laser. Those of you familiar with DSMs should spot the funny part.

(yes its taller than 600 pixels but PLEASE ITS NOT BREAKING TABLES WIDTH-WISE PLEASE DON'T PROBATE ME PLEASE)

After I drove one of the new Evo IXs, I fell in love with their seats and their steering wheel. Those were the only two things I had yet to improve about the DSM... the seats, and that goddamned bus-sized steering wheel. So I went off to the eBay and found some nice improvements. A steering wheel the size of the MOMO wheel the Evo has, and some non-crazy-colored Recaro knockoffs. A couple weekends of cutting, bolting, and welding later...

And since I had always hated being pulled over anytime I attempted to drive it on the street (3" from the turbo all the way out the rear of the car, no cat no muffler nothin'), I decided to install a generic 3" straight-through muffler and a bullet inline muffler (resonator). Total cost: $115. Sounds? Fantastic. Probably half as loud as it used to be, but doesn't lose that "apocalypse" sound under WOT. Looks?

Here's another car pic, in regards to whoever it was that had the 79 Lincoln as their first car.

Meet my first car.... a 1977 Ford Thunderbird with a big gently caress-all motor. Oh god this car was awesome. Stupidly huge, insanely large backseat (which came in handy since I was 15-17 during ownership and usually had nowhere else to have sex), hideous gas mileage.

Kids have stupid ideas about cars, right? Well, I have no idea what happened to those nice wire hubcaps that are on the car. I do know, however, that I bought some Pep Boys ones, spray painted them gold, spray painted the chrome bumpers on the CAR gold, and then went around looking like what the gently caress ever. I then installed a really loud PA horn that connected to a noisemaker of sorts that would play various animal sounds (cow, duck, goat, bird, moose, etc) on demand. My high school buddies and I found endless humor driving up behind some jogger and playing the cow sound at maximum volume.

I recall once driving into a stop sign, freaking out, continuing to floor it and eventually drive up and OVER the stop sign as it bent down parallel to the ground. Heh.

Also, at one of the high school stomps or something, I was waiting in the long line to get out of the parking lot, and some idiot girl from my biology class runs into my rear corner in her little Neon. She starts freaking out about how she forgot to pay her mom for her insurance and begging me not to call the cops, I look at the damage. Pretty much nothing visible on my car, tremendously smashed up front end on her car. I shrug, tell her I'll see her at school tomorrow, and drive home.

I think every kid should learn to drive on a big 70s boat.

Nait Sirhc fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 2, 2009

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

BmwM3AF posted:

=)

Gorgeous. Very clean.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

CthulhuBill posted:

I love my AMC.

This car is gorgeous. Why have we not seen threads about it? :colbert:

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

CthulhuBill posted:

I love my AMC.

My dad would lose his mind over that car, when he was a kid they had a yellow Javelin. Easily one of my favorite cars of the era.
Post more info and pictures thanks.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows

CthulhuBill
Aug 17, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I could make a thread I guess. I made one probably 3 or 4 years ago when I was swapping in a crate motor I think. It's all busted up right now. Blew off all my rocker arms. Gave me a good excuse to get the heads off and machined. Going to put roller rockers on when I get back from my next work contract. I don't have too much to say about it really I can just make a thread with photos in it. I had a Gremlin too.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Nait Sirhc posted:

Goddamn. Every time you post that bike in CA, :awesome:

I think you need to post the photo of you in the :krad: 80s leathers that came with it, too.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Nait Sirhc posted:

How does that leather wrapped horse cock feel in your hands?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Ok seriously, did it really say that? What was that supposed to mean or be an abbreviation for?

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
Wow... I didn't even notice that... Must be hefty.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
lovely blackberry pic of my baby gettin' her rusty bottom tended to.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
I love 4 eyes, white on black 85-86 are my favorite fox. I used to have one. Mine didnt work out, good luck with yours!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bitwarrior
Jun 21, 2004

RealKyleH posted:

:aaa: Holy poo poo. Were you inside?

I was driving at the time. Thankfully I had an extinguisher in the trunk, and the stuff that burnt up was just the priming pump. The in-line pump further along provides most of the pressure at the rail. I pulled the fuse to the in-tank and drove it for a week until I found a new car

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Mighty Horse posted:

RealKyleH posted:

I love 4 eyes, white on black 85-86 are my favorite fox. I used to have one. Mine didnt work out, good luck with yours!

Uh ... that's not ... a Mustang.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

That's a Dodge, isn't it? I was thinking Omni, but the headlights are all sorts of wrong.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Moruitelda posted:

That's a Dodge, isn't it? I was thinking Omni, but the headlights are all sorts of wrong.

1984-ish Dodge Daytona

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

DropShadow posted:

1984-ish Dodge Daytona

At least I got the brand right. I kept wanting to see an Omni Shelby GLH, but, you know.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

DropShadow posted:

1984-ish Dodge Daytona

Oops I thought it was a black 85 Capri. I always forget Daytonas existed because they were all in junkyards in about 12 years.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
My old DSM. Currently rotting away in my parents garage because it's completely unaffordable to race. Everyone wants to build a race car. Which is great if you don't have snow or salt or sand, and can afford to keep the car off the street parking.

JIC's tuned by john mueller (currently blown), big t28, 6 bolt, shep tranny, ray's wheels, bride zeta 3, apexi full exhaust setup and front mount, greddy 13 row oil cooler (a must for road course work), wideband, dsmlink, 80 billion greddy gauges, autopower rollbar, momo rally wheel, etc etc etc

Needs some evo 8+ brakes really bad for road courses, it'd fry a set of porterfields in a session. Pad knockback was also evil. Needs some 8.5 inch wide wheels and some hoosiers too. :sigh: about 3-4k in parts/work that i can't justify for what's pretty much a track only car now.

I race (well not really right now) bikes now to hold my competition jollies... But I really love auto racing.. :smith:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

BmwM3AF posted:

Hey what wheels are those?

BannedForLulz
Feb 19, 2008

Octopus Magic posted:

My old DSM. Currently rotting away in my parents garage because it's completely unaffordable to race. Everyone wants to build a race car. Which is great if you don't have snow or salt or sand, and can afford to keep the car off the street parking.

JIC's tuned by john mueller (currently blown), big t28, 6 bolt, shep tranny, ray's wheels, bride zeta 3, apexi full exhaust setup and front mount, greddy 13 row oil cooler (a must for road course work), wideband, dsmlink, 80 billion greddy gauges, autopower rollbar, momo rally wheel, etc etc etc

Needs some evo 8+ brakes really bad for road courses, it'd fry a set of porterfields in a session. Pad knockback was also evil. Needs some 8.5 inch wide wheels and some hoosiers too. :sigh: about 3-4k in parts/work that i can't justify for what's pretty much a track only car now.

I race (well not really right now) bikes now to hold my competition jollies... But I really love auto racing.. :smith:

I would throw a set of street tires on it and daily drive the poo poo out of it.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
My goat:

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

RealKyleH posted:

How does that leather wrapped horse cock feel in your hands?

I had to read that whole thing, and it realy does say that.

Then I realised that my shifter (83 starion) does look like that (only vinyl)

This is an old photo, I've replaced most of the horrible red interior with black.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

RealKyleH posted:

Oops I thought it was a black 85 Capri. I always forget Daytonas existed because they were all in junkyards in about 12 years.

Yep. Which is why I am trying to save it. First time someone though it was a Fox body though, I usually get the "what year is that Camaro" question.

'86 BTW. Original owner blew the engine up in '93 where it has been parked since. Getting a total suspension and brake re-work with bits from the various Daytonas over the years to make it better, as well as some engine upgrades when the time comes.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

That is such a beautiful car. Hats off to you, sir, for keeping your 2G clean. They are so rare these days.... 90% of the 2Gs I see on the road are riced out with half a primered Veilside-knockoff kit hanging off them, and then they wind up being RSes.

Simkin posted:

I think you need to post the photo of you in the :krad: 80s leathers that came with it, too.

aaaaaa

I'VE NEVER WORN IT SINCE THAT DAY I SWEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
omgitstheinternet I want your Scirocco.

Nait Sirhc posted:

welp here's mine.

I don't think I've ever seen a Laser with a good paint job, even back in the 90's. Sounds like a sweet ride and that sales sheet is too much.