Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1113899725.html

Something about the horse's face cracks me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Rear Admiral BOOYA posted:

It looks offended.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

http://i44.tinypic.com/oanf5e.jpg

3 speed auto? that can't be right...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Did the mid-90s Mustangs have true 4-speed automatics or were they the typical three speed with overdrive?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Geoj posted:

Did the mid-90s Mustangs have true 4-speed automatics or were they the typical three speed with overdrive?
The Mustang had the AOD back the 80's and it's a 4-speed with overdrive being the fourth speed, so I guess that's a 3-speed with overdrive. They were definitely using a 4-speed in the SN95 cars.

Hypnolobster posted:

Rad bicycle action
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bik/1107562906.html

Does that really say "SS" in mirrors?

meatpimp posted:

Could it say anything BUT "SS" in mirrors?
Guess if you're going to put two letters in mirrors on the back of a bicycle, they might as well be "SS".

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 9, 2009

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sir Tonk posted:

Could it say anything BUT "SS" in mirrors?

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

The Mustang had the AOD back the 80's and it's a 4-speed with overdrive being the fourth speed, so I guess that's a 3-speed with overdrive. They were definitely using a 4-speed in the SN95 cars.

Guess if you're going to put two letters in mirrors on the back of a bicycle, they might as well be "SS".

We have to keep in mind that his bike still has Nippiles, and that he is only willing to take trades if it is for cash. (What the hell is wrong with this guy?)

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Bob Sapp Please posted:

THE WIDOWMAKER!!!

(also, bitches ride free)

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/1106663637.html

I wonder if his baby momma was one of the free rides.

Divorce-maker, more likely.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Textbook rice ad. Note how he subtly tries to include keywords

quote:

97 Nissan Altima 5spd TUNER - $2000 (rita ranch)
Reply to: sale-rbvmj-1094983865@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-27, 12:53PM MST

Selling my 1st gen altima, 5speed manual trannys are very hard to find. I've put a LOT of work into this car. Second owner, evrything except fuel pump (which is still good) has been replaced and has under 10,000 miles on them. Car has 120,000+ miles and still runs like new! Squeaks slightly on drivers side because it needs a new wheel bearing (which i have, but not installed) it is still safe to drive on, it is my daily driver and i drive highway everyday with no problems. Also has an oil leak but just needs a new pan, i've changed the gasket 4 times but turns out the seal from the pan was scratched due to removal of the old gaskets. The engine internals are IMMACULATE with no problems whatsoever. Valve cover has been painted dark candy JDM SR20 red, custom cold air intake, mid-muffler exhaust, ECU has been TUNED and also includes a JET performance piggyback ecu (a $400 value) i should be putting out 180hp but never dyno'd. The last known track time is 15.82, but that was a year ago with every weight reduction you could think of. For re-sale reasons i have put all interior back into the car. The dash, console, and door panels have been painted black (they used to be stock ugly brown, i hated it) Has removable quick-release steering wheel, titanium pedals, shaved emblems/badges and includes "ALTIMA" license plate frame, very clean and non-smoker, doesnt have nasty stains on carpet and doesnt smell like sh1t. Still gets 26mpg and beats your mom's car easily. Has no problem with accords or single-cam 240sx. The engine is the KA24DE as found in s14's, just front wheel drive. Needs new tires, i've been running Kumho's, they have been very good to me. The suspension is still good and not too bouncy/not too pillowy and braces have been tightened for minimum body roll while cornering. Comes with spare parts including extra emblems if you want to put them back on the car, and an extra stock steel wheel (comes with brand new tire) as well a donut and jack, also including an extra oil filter and a Chilton's repair manual. Like i said before this car is fast and almost everything is brand new! Water pump, serpentine belt, distributor and cap, spark plugs and wires, alternator all have less than 10,000 miles. I had some crappy $50 walmart stereo in it but replaced it because it didnt have pre-amp in the back, i replaced it with a deck from a 2000 altima, its MUCH louder than the aftermarket one but you'll prolly want to put some expensive stereo in anyway. Has Polk Audio speakers and also includes a wiring harness so a new stereo installs in minutes. The 3rd brake light reads "COPS LIE" when you brake, so i've gotten a few laughs with that. Absolutely NO body damage, just front bumber has small crack near foglight but is unnoticable, AE86 corolla paint job in good condition, recently waxed however eyelids on headlights are clearcoated and are starting to crack. Bright-as-hell 8000K H.I.D. lights with ballasts. For more info/pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3201991 Price is $2000 firm or will trade for 88-92 Pontiac Firebird formula/trans am with V8 in good running condition or drivable 5spd 90-97 Mazda Miata.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

The last known track time is 15.82

Like i said before this car is fast and almost everything is brand new!

Since when is high 15's fast? Is this a byproduct of the import scene's evolution?

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004
Shit happens when you party naked.
Absolutely no body damage bumper is cracked

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

GoblinBomb posted:

Absolutely no body damage bumper is cracked

Everything is brand new with 10,000 miles on it

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma
I found this at the bottom of an ad.

quote:

He was actually a Soviet spy who was deported back to Albania and exchanged for an American spy caught in Albania Adil also appears in) are clones of Homer created after Homer slept on a magic hammock There are six odd ones includingThere are also embedded cordless Skype phones based on DECT which do not need a PC either like the DUALphone 3088 fromShe and Seth thought Summer had fallen pregnant in the fourth season and they planned to get married After they found out she wasn't they went their separate ways Six months after the earthquake Summer and Seth say farewell in the finale but sometime later they get married

What the gently caress is this all about now?

http://evansville.craigslist.org/ctd/1119502003.html

Edit: Ah, gotcha. \/\/

Wandering Idiot fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 13, 2009

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1118411209.html

quote:

This is my second attempt, the first one said it was to large. I am trying to stimulate my economy by selling my 2000 MR2 Toyota Spyder. I am the second owner and have had this car about 2 years now. Took a trip to Colorado late last year and got approximately 30-35 mpg. This little car has great power for a small 4 cylynder. The car is red with black interior and a black top. This is a 2000 so it is not in perfect condition but still well worth it's value. I do have a lein on this so the offer will have to be at least that amount and the lein. The lein is below kbb value so that won't be a problem. Feel free to call me at 928-300-2175 and leave a message if I don't pick up. The car has approximately 90500 original miles on it. When I purchased it I did a carfax and there was an accident with the original owner right when he purchased it. I have had some work done and do have some receipts. If you are interested, let's talk. I tried posting pictures last time and lost all this so I won't do it again. Just email me or call me.

I'm not certain, but I think this guy thinks someone should pay KBB plus the amount of the lien.

Wandering Idiot posted:

I found this at the bottom of an ad.

What the gently caress is this all about now?

http://evansville.craigslist.org/ctd/1119502003.html

That is text added to an add to make it unique, without having it be random gibberish that would be detected by a spam filter.

If you see text which is not gibberish, but does not make sense in context, you are looking at a scam.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

Hey, anyone know what the deal is with the side marker lights on this thing? I can't seem to find any other photos of a Scyclone/Typhoon with them so I'm thinking someone put them on... but no idea why.

This is a little late, but I just saw another one with those marker lights and it's confirmed to be a Japanese import. So, mystery solved.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.
It's just too good to be true!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/1122750537.html

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

FuzzKill posted:

It's just too good to be true!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/1122750537.html

If only they were real-sized :(

Anti-Square
Jul 23, 2007

by Nutt Hogg
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1120663025.html

this really is craigslist gold. this thing is beautiful. Anyone have 35k?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Anti-Square posted:

Good god, what were they thinking? You don't do this to an RX7.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Tonk posted:

Is it normal to see tire in the engine bay?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

sliderule posted:

They probably had to cut the wheel wells to get the engine to fit.

I don't think that splashing the alternator with water if it was raining would be all that great of an idea...

tractorcrusher
Sep 29, 2003

Huh huh huh huh huh! And you just said Hi! Hi! Hi! Heh heh heh! You sounded like ahh ha ha my niece! And she's six months old ha ha ha!

Sir Tonk posted:

What do you mean, make an RX7 reliable? :downs:

Seriously though, I have met at least three people who have done LSx swaps in the FD. Go to that website hinsonsupercars.com and see their conversion packages, many people do it.

ozziegt
Jul 8, 2005

cool under pressure

Sir Tonk posted:

If you have never heard of an LSx swap into an RX7 you probably shouldn't be saying what people can and can't do to them.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

sliderule posted:

I wonder if/how much rigidity was lost to that.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
All that money and Tein suspension?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey yeah this is hilarious, I'm totally cracking up too.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011
There was a pic of it two posts below...

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Anti-Square posted:

I thought $35k was a bit high, figuring that was what the guy spent and he was trying to get it all back. It seems like that's actually not a bad deal (assuming everything is done right), people on the rx7 forums talk about paying that much just to do the swap (although others say you can do it cheaper). Apparently a LS7 crate engine will run you at least $13k?!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Yeah, but what's the story behind that wheel well? That's not stock, is it?

edit: Or is that not tire we're seeing? Looking at other RX-7s, there's some black thing there, but it looks smooth.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ozziegt posted:

If you have never heard of an LSx swap into an RX7 you probably shouldn't be saying what people can and can't do to them.
I didn't say that they could/couldn't, just that they shouldn't.

Back when I had my Miata I read about people putting 302's in them and I thought that was crazy then. Back in '98. This is just ridiculous and silly in a car that came with such a unique engine already. If you want to put a LSwhatever into some small Japanese car, use a Z-car.

Or just buy a Corvette, which is designed to have such an engine.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 16, 2009

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1094481655.html

Ignorant Hick posted:

convertiable removable hardtop
No title
Doesn't run
Has a good motor

That's all that's in the ad. 1968 Fiat 1500, no title, doesn't run, good motor.

What the hell, Kentucky.

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 16, 2009

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Professor Bling posted:

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1094481655.html

Ignorant Hick posted:

convertiable removable hardtop
No title
Doesn't run
Has a good motor

That's all that's in the ad. 1968 Fiat 1500, no title, doesn't run, good motor.

What the hell, Kentucky.

"Has good motor" to some people means the motor isn't seized.

"Doesn't run" to some people means it isn't driveable, even if it starts.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 18, 2009

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/1125090808.html

quote:

1986 F-150 4x4 - $9000 (Gainesville,fl)
Reply to: sale-c8b5n-1125090808@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-16, 11:46AM EDT

I have a 1986 f-150 4x4 4.9 liter with 15x12.50x36 iroc tires with dick cepek rims.The truck has no tittle.Paint is less than 3 years old,brand new crate engine,new carb,alternator,coil,plugs,wires,fuel pump waterpump,radiator,power steering pump,brake master cylinder,brake booster,clutch,pressure plate,throw out bearing,brakes,rotors,and much more!The truck has a 6 inch suspention and 3 inch body lift.Dual flowmaster exhaust,900 watt Rockford fosgate amp and two polk audio 10s,It has new floor covering,new window seals (antirattle kit).I just had front end allined begining of last year when i put the new engine tires and rims,$8000.00 was the bill on just that!the seat is in good shape.only 3 things left to do to the truck to classify it as mint condition #1 dash pad cover #2 new windshield (its cracked) #3 emergency brake fixed. The reason im sellin is because i want to buy or trade the truck for a lawn buisness.If you have one to trade please make sure its in near perfect condition,no old a busted stuff please!The mower must be a zero turn with really low hours,trailer must be in really good condition as well......please send pictures of what you have,,thanks I also have a brand new tailgate that goes with it you just need to buy the hardware

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial

edited for no tittle

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 16, 2009

vivacthulhu
Sep 29, 2007
Hasta Victoria Ftaghn!
Man, it's a good thing you don't see lifted mid '80s F-150s for like $1500 all the time. Otherwise that would just be crazy, even with the ultra rare carbureted inline 6.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No but see he just spent $8000 on it so it must be worth more than that.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

vivacthulhu posted:

Man, it's a good thing you don't see lifted mid '80s F-150s for like $1500 all the time. Otherwise that would just be crazy, even with the ultra rare carbureted inline 6.
I too look forward to spending $9k on a generic 80's pickup with no tittle.

vivacthulhu
Sep 29, 2007
Hasta Victoria Ftaghn!

Sir Tonk posted:

I too look forward to spending $9k on a generic 80's pickup with no tittle.

Hey the box is a tried and true shape for automotive design. Those are some drat generic wheels though.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

quote:

If you have one to trade please make sure its in near perfect condition,no old a busted stuff please!

quote:

I also have a brand new tailgate that goes with it you just need to buy the hardware

Do I get to count his truck as busted because it needs to have the tailgate bolted on? It's obviously old unless this guy goes by AI-type rules, but I do wonder how big of a hypocrite he is.

vivacthulhu
Sep 29, 2007
Hasta Victoria Ftaghn!

VPILF posted:

Do I get to count his truck as busted because it needs to have the tailgate bolted on? It's obviously old unless this guy goes by AI-type rules, but I do wonder how big of a hypocrite he is.

Installing those 6 tailgate bolts will cost you another 2 grand, easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

edit: Or is that not tire we're seeing? Looking at other RX-7s, there's some black thing there, but it looks smooth.

I think it had a plastic inner splash guard, which was probably removed on that car.