Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

VPILF posted:

Do I get to count his truck as busted because it needs to have the tailgate bolted on? It's obviously old unless this guy goes by AI-type rules, but I do wonder how big of a hypocrite he is.

Thye tailgate is removable without tools, he means that you need to add the latch and rods and such to the tailgate shell.

That being said, $9k would be a lot for a 4wd 350 crewcab diesel, let alone a 150 regular cab with the 300i6.

And believe me, I know my early 80's Ford trucks

Click here for the full 1024x686 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/1127534677.html

quote:

94 TOYOTA CAMRY LE RUNS GOOD BODY IS NICE INT. IS CLEAN CHEAP $1200NEG - $1200 (ROSEDALE/NASSAU COUNTY)

CALL ME ANYTIME AT {646-706-9233} PLEASE BE SERIOUS READ ENTIRELY BEFORE CALLING THIS CAR HAS NO MAJOR PROBLEMS AT ALL RUNS EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU CALL ME AND MY PHONE IS OUT OF ORDER MEANS I AM LATE ON MY BILL I APOLOGIZE PHONE WILL BE ON BY SATURDAY EARLY MORNING {YOU CAN VIEW THE CAR AT 137-14 246TH STREET ROSEDALE NY 11422........ OFF OF HOOK CREEK BLVD NEAR SUNRISE HIGHWAY MAPQUEST OR GPS THE ADRESS

DEALERS PLEASE DONT INSULT ME DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND GAS TRYIN TO COME AND OFFER ME 5 TO 600 CUZ IT WONT HAPPEN MY ASKING PRICE IS SET AT $1200 AND ITS PRETTY NEGOTIABLE AROUND THOSE PARAMETERS SO COME WITH CASH AND TAKE HER NO TIREKICKERS VALET PARKERS THAT JUST LIKE TO COME OUT AND TEST DRIVE OTHER PEOPLES CARS DO ME A FAVOR AND STAY AT HOME I DONT HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR KID GAMES THE BEST CASH OFFER TAKES HER ON THE SPOT WILL WORK OUT A PAYMENT PLAN ALSO BUT WOULD PREFER PAYMENT IN FULL CASH... CALL ME ANYTIME 24/7 AT 646-706-9233

HELLO SHOPPERS I AM SELLING A 94 TOYOTA CAMRY LE VERY NICE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION ARE GREAT SHIFTS EXCELLENT LIKE NEW I HAVE TO SAY NO MORE ITS A TOYOTA THEIR ENGINES AND TRANSMISIONS SEEM BULLET PROOF THE MOTOR RUNS SMOOTH ITS QUIET THIS IS A VERY NICE ECONOMIC CAR THATS GOOD ON GAS NOT TOO MENTION THE SUSPENSION FEELS NICE THE SHOCKS ARE GOOD SO IS THE BRAKES THAT WERE ALSO CHANGED PRETTY RECENTLY THE BODY IS VERY CLEAN FOR THE YEAR HAS MINOR SCRATCHES NOTHING MAJOR CANT EVEN SEE WHEN I TAKE HER TO GET DETAILED, THE INTERIOR IS CLEAN NO RIPS STAINS BURNS NO FUNNY SMELLS HAS A HUGE TRUNK FOR ALL OF YOU HARDCORE SHOPPERS LOL... I HEARD THESE CARS ARE ALSO FAMOUS FOR DELIVERIES, CAB, ETC. FOR THEIR DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY THESE ARE THE BEST CARS TO GO FOR ESPECIALLY FOR FEMALES WHO REALLY ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH DIAGNOSING CAR PROBLEMS THIS CAR WILL LEAVE YOU AND YOUR KIDS WORRY FREE. GREAT CAR FOR A FAMILY NOT TRYIN TO BREAK THEIR BANK IN THESE HARD TIMES LOOK NO FURTHER I SEE THESE CARS GOING FOR TWICE AS MUCH WITH MORE MILES, NOT TO MENTION. THE ONLY REASON WHY SHE IS FOR SALE IS THAT I RECENTLY I RAN INTO A JAM WHERE I NEED A EXTRA AMOUNT OF CASH AND I AM FORCED TO SELL MY DAILY DRIVER AND BACK TO MTA LOL FOR A LITTLE WHILE UNTIL I CAN GET BACK ON MY FEET CAR HAS A CLEAN TITLE READY TO BE REGISTERED AND DRIVEN !!!!!!!!!!! DEALERS PLEASE DONT INSULT ME DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND GAS TRYIN TO COME AND OFFER ME 5 TO 600 CUZ IT WONT HAPPEN MY ASKING PRICE IS SET AT $1200 AND ITS PRETTY NEGOTIABLE AROUND THOSE PARAMETERS SO COME WITH CASH AND TAKE HER NO TIREKICKERS VALET PARKERS THAT JUST LIKE TO COME OUT AND TEST DRIVE OTHER PEOPLES CARS DO ME A FAVOR AND STAY AT HOME I DONT HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR KID GAMES THE BEST CASH OFFER TAKES HER ON THE SPOT WILL WORK OUT A PAYMENT PLAN ALSO BUT WOULD PREFER PAYMENT IN FULL CASH... CALL ME ANYTIME 24/7 AT

{646-706-9233} I WILL WORK WITH ANYONE THATS REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS VEHICLE

{FOR KEYWORDS}SEARCH: TOYOTA NISSAN HONDA GAS SAVER DELIVERY HONDA FIT HONDA CIVIC HONDA ACCORD NISSAN SENTRA RELIABLE TOYOTA CAMRY TOYOTA PRIUS ECHO HONDA PRELUDE CRX,ACURA NTEGRA TYPE R GSR CIVIC SI, B SERIES TOYOTA,CAMRY,COROLLA,PREVIA,AVALON,TOYOTA SUPRA TACOMA TUNDRA 4RUNNER CELICA TRD BMW MERCEDES BENZ CHEVY GEO PRISM CRESSIDA,NISSAN ALTIMA MAXIMA NISSAN SENTRA SER NISMO NISSAN mitsubishi mirage evolution galant montero starion conquest tsi talon lancer endeavor eclipse BMW MERCEDES SAAB G20 QUEST,INFINITI,LEGEND,COROLLA,LEXUS,MAXIMA,FORD,CHEVY,DODGE CARAVAN,BUICK,mercury,civic,legend,ford taurus minivan,station wagon..

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Purple posted:

https://caps

Love those keywords.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Love those keywords.
Wow, that's exhaustive. Can Craigslist ban IPs from continuing to list ads?

Hey Jim, which truck you want to take to the store? Tall Boy, Full Package, or Ol' Blue?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Atmus posted:

And believe me, I know my early 80's Ford trucks

Click here for the full 1024x686 image.

Clearly you need to buy the one from the previous post to complete your collection.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
This isn't craigslist gold... but it is close.

Parked in the mall parking lot was a Honda Civic with some really really lovely aftermarket wheel covers. Maybe the owner realized this and decided to do something about it, or maybe they just wanted to spice up their "sick wheels". The moron took red duct tape, and put a strip down each little section on each of the wheel covers. It was... just wow.

(Kind of qualifies for the thread since it was for sale)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

vs Dinosaurs posted:

This isn't craigslist gold... but it is close.

Parked in the mall parking lot was a Honda Civic with some really really lovely aftermarket wheel covers. Maybe the owner realized this and decided to do something about it, or maybe they just wanted to spice up their "sick wheels". The moron took red duct tape, and put a strip down each little section on each of the wheel covers. It was... just wow.

(Kind of qualifies for the thread since it was for sale)

Man I wish cameras were more portable or could be combined with my normal accessories so that I could share great stuff like this.

canned lettuce
Apr 7, 2009
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1129445682.html

It's a fine example of an automobile well on its way to becoming one with the landscape. This Ford has a natural patina that will in time and with careful neglect probably turn into a nice coat of moss or maybe fuzzy mold. Who knows, you might discover a cure for some obscure disease by culturing the substances found on and in this vehicle?

screenshot

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

NOTinuyasha fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 11, 2010

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

canned lettuce posted:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1129445682.html

It's a fine example of an automobile well on its way to becoming one with the landscape. This Ford has a natural patina that will in time and with careful neglect probably turn into a nice coat of moss or maybe fuzzy mold. Who knows, you might discover a cure for some obscure disease by culturing the substances found on and in this vehicle?

screenshot

Not really related to the thread, but if you check out brickboard or turbobricks and make an account, usually volvo fanatics keep their cars in pretty good shape and sell them dirt cheap. Actually, on Craigslist in my area (North County), some guy was selling an 87 Volvo 240 with sway bars and all new engine rubber with falken tires for 1600 bucks. With stock tires, 1350.

That thing was eaten up so fast it wasn't there the next day though.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Purple posted:

Honestly, if an ad isn't completely stupid, there's a 50% chance it'll qualify for this thread in person. I've been shopping for sub-$2000 Volvos and Mercedes and preety much everything I've gone to see has just been absolute poo poo in person, not to mention tons of salvages being sold by dealers who wont admit they're dealers, probably because they can deny knowing about the cars problems if they're just "selling for a friend". Not everyone I've met has been a sleaze but car shopping through Craigslist turning out to be a much more painful experience then I anticipated. Things I've seen:

• Radios almost always gone, often with surrounding dash damage.
  • Seller doesn't "know" if it's been stolen or in an accident. Code for, bought it at an auction, didn't bother checking carfax.
  • Every 80s Mercedes has unacceptable floor rust that the seller 'forgot' to mention - fyi, it's NOT "mint" if I need to test drive it sitting on planks and a box.
  • "Ice cold AC" - always a lie, and a double lie if the controls don't even move so I can try it.

gently caress craigslist.

Jesus, where do you live? That's got to be a regional thing.

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
Come on Tennessee....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Sir Tonk posted:

Miata...unique engine

An undersquare iron block engine with a piss-poor crankshaft keyway design that just happens to have piston oil squirters but none of the other benefits of its turbocharged parent?

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006

Click here for the full 1246x608 image.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/1099417520.html

It's like a street-legal dwarf car. I'd drive it.

Click here for the full 1256x523 image.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/1098288484.html

Oh god, that interior. People are forever destined to do a half-assed job of putting an old truck on a modern chassis, only to sell it on craigslist.

Click here for the full 1260x576 image.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/1112235938.html

Just in case you ever wanted to know what a Spridget donk would look like:

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
Not Craigslist, but still pretty funny
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Toyota/Supra/auction-214638536.htm

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Love the mom's lost the documentation bit.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Thehit posted:

Not Craigslist, but still pretty funny
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Toyota/Supra/auction-214638536.htm

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Love the mom's lost the documentation bit.

My favorite part is the Brillstein coilovers, and the $10,000 chip that magically makes non-turbo cars as fast as turbo ones.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

D C posted:

My favorite part is the Brillstein coilovers, and the $10,000 chip that magically makes non-turbo cars as fast as turbo ones.

I think he got one of these.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Devyl posted:

24/7 Customer Support (allow a 24-48 hours for email response)

good god why would they admit that right after bragging about it.

Jack_Handey
Jun 3, 2003

My goodness what am I doing here?
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1134705924.html

Oh man, what a sweet off-road rig! That thing is a beaut!

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Jack_Handey posted:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1134705924.html

Oh man, what a sweet off-road rig! That thing is a beaut!

Pic:

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

fuckwit posted:

Here we have a 1994 Mazda Miata that I started to fix up approximately three years ago and have since lost interest in this project. As you can see from the pictures this Miata has suicide doors $300, new fiberglass front fenders $150, a new fiberglass hood (imported from Japan) $680, stainless steel double hoop roll bar $150, complete stainless steel dual exhaust system (header back) $249, full demon body kit $650, and a anti sway bar between the front shock towers. The car currently has a little over 140,000 miles on it but it runs great but keep in mind this is a project car and still needs some work to be completed. The stock seats do show wear (small holes and tears) that is why they currently have covers on them. I was planning on replcing them with racing seats (approximately $150 a set). As you can see from the pictures the body kit is complete just not completely mounted. I placed the side skirt on for a picture to give you an idea of what it would look like when completed. The suicide doors have shaved door handles and are opened via remote control with the key FOB. As you can see from the pictures there is some rust through below/behind the drivers door, this was also the case on the passengers side but has been replced with metal. I did not worry about matching the body line perfectly due to the side skirts from the body kit covering them. The guage cluster cover was broken and discarded and have not been able to find the right one to replace it. I was just going to custom make a cover for it. The right front of the car was hit by a small branch in our recent ice storm and it cracked the fiberglass and shattered the turn signal lenses and housing. This car gets a lot of looks just the way it is, but would make one heck of a race/show car for someone to finish. I have a little over $5,000 in this car and parts. I have listed everything that I can think of that is wrong with the vehicle but keep in mind that I am not an expert and may have missed an item or two. There is no warrenty implied or given on this vehicle. Local pick up only I will not ship. Thanks for looking and good luck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...kparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

destructo posted:

This car gets a lot of looks just the way it is
Not because it's cool, douchebag. Because its level of disgusting is so overwhelming.

edit for content:

quote:

1999 Honda Civic Hatchback DX. 86,000 miles. Brand new bumber, hood, headlights, and air condenser. Salvage Title. $5400 OR best offer! Call Greg at 952-393-3464
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1133871072.html

Above NADA price for one in excellent shape. 5400 for a salvage title? I really hope no one is that stupid.

aksuur fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 23, 2009

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

Devyl posted:

The best thing is looking at this guy's feedback and seeing all the "works great, saw a HP difference."

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

UnkleBoB posted:

The best thing is looking at this guy's feedback and seeing all the "works great, saw a HP difference."

It's a resistor that goes past your air temperature sensor and makes ECU think that the air is cold and it runs the car lean. There is a gain, it's just terribly unsafe.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
This is a good one:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1137352226.html

quote:

This Truck belongs to my son who is in the Army overseas and cannot accept it where he is at. It is in excellent condition. I had a penda fiberglass touneau installed, set of pro comp wheels all aluminum brand new and had it pinstiped, all vent shade installed and had the glass tinted for him and now he can't take it with him. Automatic trans, cruise, crank windows and 4 cyl engine. Price is as low as I will accept, I do not have to sell this truck. No jews!

I added the bold.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

BossTweed posted:

Antisemetic Chevy seller

He would have much better luck with this if he posted it on a Friday night.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Click here for the full 1230x887 image.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1120173601.html

I owe 3000 on the (probably stolen) engine. And it'll be an extra thousand dollars for the new distributor.

Also the interior is half-gutted. But it's still totally worth 6 grand.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Why does every car on cragslist have 80% tread left on the tires?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

VideoTapir posted:

I owe 3000 on the (probably stolen) engine. And it'll be an extra thousand dollars for the new distributor.

Also the interior is half-gutted. But it's still totally worth 6 grand.

You could put that engine together for $2500 or less easily. How could he possibly still owe $3k on it?

OMGWTFWALLHACK
Jan 28, 2004

Hated by the internet.

Bean_ posted:

Come on Tennessee....

That's obviously 2200.00, which isn't THAT bad a deal if it's in decent condition.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

BossTweed posted:

This is a good one:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1137352226.html

I added the bold.

Do you think the man literally doesn't want to sell it to a descendant of Abraham, or is merely using the stereotype that Jews are "cheap/stingy" and therefore doesn't want you to low ball him or something?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

VideoTapir posted:

I owe 3000 on the (probably stolen) engine.

For that price you can buy a complete (and legal) K20 swap out of an RSX-S. This dude got raped.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Do you think the man literally doesn't want to sell it to a descendant of Abraham, or is merely using the stereotype that Jews are "cheap/stingy" and therefore doesn't want you to low ball him or something?

I'd like to see someone show up as a hasidic jew and offer him the asking price.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Devyl posted:

For that price you can buy a complete (and legal) K20 swap out of an RSX-S. This dude got raped.

Ahahahahahahhahhahahaah, yeah, 3k will get you the motor and trans.

Minus the axels, harness, chipped ecu, fuel lines, wire adapters, welding work if you don't do it yourself.

most complete k20 swaps are 5-6k done right.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I searched for 1967 VW and found a Mitsubishi.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1133681458.html

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Psylocibe posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1133681458.html

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

gently caress that guy, flagged

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

RealKyleH posted:

gently caress that guy, flagged

My vote got it removed :hfive:

I emailed the guy and told him why his ad was flagged.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 25, 2009

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
When I was looking for a WRX that pissed me off so much. A WRX is a car that no matter what isn't THAT old. People who are looking for it aren't interested in your loving busted rear end 12a first gen RX7.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Psylocibe posted:

I hate that poo poo, like throat punch a motherfucker hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
Was looking at bikes in NJ and found this:
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/1139433361.html

Click here for the full 983x867 image.