Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesus Stick
Dec 14, 2004

Bomb Hills, Not Countries

Lt. Jebus posted:

Just finished setting up my His-and-Hers home office.

Still a little work to be done, but overall I like it:

Does anyone know what desks those are? They look like they're from the Expedit series at Ikea, but I can't find them on the website.

I love this setup and I want to do something exactly like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.

Jesus Stick posted:

Does anyone know what desks those are? They look like they're from the Expedit series at Ikea, but I can't find them on the website.

I love this setup and I want to do something exactly like it

Looks like a regular plain desk to me.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
Just added some new equipment to my office.

New couch and desk. Rack has NAD surround receiver, 2x1Tb drives, DVD player, Mac Mini, MOTU 8Pre.

All Too Much For Me
Aug 14, 2008

Slidje posted:

:blush:

New 2730p tablet. Its a really long story.

Wow, lovely luck there.

How much should I be looking at spending on a semi-decent tablet?
Because I don't have £1300 to splash out just before I start uni.

Komputernauta
May 16, 2006

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

The desk itself is heavily modded. It was half the size before.

Akvj1n
Dec 27, 2003

Communism, the word of G-d.

qball posted:

New couch and desk. Rack has NAD surround receiver, 2x1Tb drives, DVD player, Mac Mini, MOTU 8Pre.

Is that an Ikea couch?

nbzl
Apr 5, 2002

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

qball posted:

What are you using to hang the guitars?

xxn1927
Mar 5, 2001
I like big work areas, so I bought a dining table from Ikea. I also really hate cable clutter.

Which is why the computers are in the closet.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

qball posted:

The Raddest Office

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Akvj1n posted:

Is that an Ikea couch?

Nope, it's apparently a Bernhardt couch I just bought cheap from work because we are moving buildings and got rid of a bunch of stuff. Funny thing was I always thought it was brown but when I got it in the back of the ute under a different light I found out it's a dark purple.

nbzl posted:

What are you using to hang the guitars?

They're Hercules hangers and they have little safety bars which lock into place when there is a guitar in them. They are attached to a giant piece of hardwood and bolted through the back with t-bolts. No way it's falling off the wall, I could hang off it if I wanted.

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/hangers.html

Here's some better shots.

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

The Raddest Office

Thanks.

Crazy54
Jul 19, 2007
Did You Do The Skim?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Are a lot of people ironically putting the lone mountain dew can on their desk or is this coincidence?

blaitarch
Nov 19, 2002

systran posted:

Are a lot of people ironically putting the lone mountain dew can on their desk or is this coincidence?

SA is full of nerds. Mtn Dew is like heroin for our kind.

So, coincidence

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

It's been a quiet bank holiday Sunday so I decided to have a quick go at tackling my poo poo living.

Here's the effort I put in round he back. I drilled two screws into the desk to support my power station thing, and for the wires I just cable tied the gently caress out of them and hung them into place using a piece of string I found.

It was a bit of a lovely job to be honest and I could have done better but who cares; this is the view from the front:

No more loving cables!

Pfiffer
Feb 11, 2008

Thirteenth Step posted:

No more loving cables!

That is fantastic, nice.

Slidje
Jul 30, 2002

RAPIST
I`ll rape you till you love me
THEY ALWAYS LOVE ME BEFORE THEY DIE

All Too Much For Me posted:

Wow, lovely luck there.
How much should I be looking at spending on a semi-decent tablet?
Because I don't have £1300 to splash out just before I start uni.

There are whole forums out there that can advise you better than i can. Start here or here.

I`d reccomend trying one out first in pc world or somewhere that does display models.

Basically you are looking at £600-900 for a consumer tablet and £1k-2k for a business model.

The TX2 i had was great, but the build quality is lacking and the screen is so shiny you cant see a thing in daylight. The battery life was abysmal, but the only thing that really let me down was HP consumer support.
I loved it when it worked. It was my buddy, i took it everywhere. Its the best 'bang for buck' tablet out there.

I would reccomend one that just works off a pen, not a touchscreen. Touchscreens are always too shiny.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

blaitarch posted:

SA is full of nerds. Mtn Dew is like heroin for our kind.

So, coincidence

What's funny is, everyone that I work with drinks Mountain Dew and I've never let my lips touch the stuff.

I figure, it has the word "Dew" in it and I hate the way Honey Dew tastes.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
Tidied up today and thought about this thread. lovely phone picture.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Cizzo posted:

What's funny is, everyone that I work with drinks Mountain Dew and I've never let my lips touch the stuff.

I figure, it has the word "Dew" in it and I hate the way Honey Dew tastes.

I think there is a variation on this in my region: Diet Pepsi. In college, all my professors and fellow students, myself included, lived on Diet Pepsi. I thought it was just a computer science nerd thing, but most people drink the stuff constantly where I work. (not a software company)

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Mountain dew is actually made with Orange Juice I think.

edit: Since I don't think I ever posted this, here is my desktop:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Sir Nigel fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 4, 2009

All Too Much For Me
Aug 14, 2008

Slidje posted:

There are whole forums out there that can advise you better than i can. Start here or here.

I`d reccomend trying one out first in pc world or somewhere that does display models.

Basically you are looking at £600-900 for a consumer tablet and £1k-2k for a business model.

The TX2 i had was great, but the build quality is lacking and the screen is so shiny you cant see a thing in daylight. The battery life was abysmal, but the only thing that really let me down was HP consumer support.
I loved it when it worked. It was my buddy, i took it everywhere. Its the best 'bang for buck' tablet out there.

I would reccomend one that just works off a pen, not a touchscreen. Touchscreens are always too shiny.
Thanks, :)

I mainly want one so when an equation or diagramme comes up in a lecture at uni I can just sketch it down. I'm trying to chose between that and a netbook with a Wacom bamboo riding shotgun at the moment. If I can afford the Tablet, I'll get one when Windows 7 comes out so I can use the math input panel.

Vinylgroover
Jun 9, 2008

Is that a FigurePrint? If so, can you take picture of it? I've never actually seen a "real" one. I'd love to have one of them on my desk :3:

Kid in Bed
Mar 1, 2006

deek!
I actually just moved here about a month ago, and I've finally got my desk set up mostly the way I want it, even though there is still a ton of clutter

Click here for the full 1632x1224 image.

This is the other side of the room, which is still very much in post moving phase.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Vinylgroover posted:

Is that a FigurePrint? If so, can you take picture of it? I've never actually seen a "real" one. I'd love to have one of them on my desk :3:

If you're looking for a detailed, sharp picture, I can't provide that. I do promise she has a face, though, and that the color is nice and bright. It does have a "powdered" look, though.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

What's going on with that laptop keyboard + CRT? I don't think I've seen anything like that before.

glompix fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 4, 2009

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Getting the new Intuos 4 in a few days, can't wait :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.

Yeast posted:

Must. fix. webcam.

Brilliant picture though.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lediur posted:

Must. fix. webcam.

Brilliant picture though.

I've got a soft spot for the iSight :(

(although its image quality is a little ordinary these days).

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.

Yeast posted:

I've got a soft spot for the iSight :(

(although its image quality is a little ordinary these days).

Not the type of webcam.

The positioning.

It's slightly to the left.

edit: Are those 24" Cinemas or 30"?

Lediur fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 4, 2009

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Yeast posted:

Do you do surgeries in your office as well?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lediur posted:

Not the type of webcam.

The positioning.

Presumably it has to be attached to a monitor rather than floating in space between them

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lediur posted:

Not the type of webcam.

The positioning.

Ah yeah; there's a space between the monitors, Apple haven't quite got the anti gravity thing happening just yet.

And they're a pair of 30"s.
It's tough to accurately show proportion.

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Yeast posted:

Ah yeah; there's a space between the monitors, Apple haven't quite got the anti gravity thing happening just yet.

And they're a pair of 30"s.
It's tough to accurately show proportion.

;_; I wish I had the cash for two of the 30"s. I'm so envious.

cnrkb
Sep 29, 2008

The internet is
serious business
[Hurf, wrong thread.]

cnrkb fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 4, 2009

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Yeast posted:

This looks so drat clean. Can you post a picture of the whole room? I'm imagining some kind of Swedish designers dreamhouse.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Honestly, why not go the whole nine yards and drill holes in the desk for the speakers, keyboard, tablet etcetera? I'm envious either way.

Seconding the request for the bigger picture.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Fists Up posted:

This looks so drat clean. Can you post a picture of the whole room? I'm imagining some kind of Swedish designers dreamhouse.

I thought that was a picture taken from a catalogue! I didnt realise that was his actual desk!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Thirteenth Step posted:

I thought that was a picture taken from a catalogue! I didnt realise that was his actual desk!

Don't get me wrong, it's sleek and modern and clean and all, but part of the reason it looks so striking is because of how overexposed the pic is.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
After that grand display of opulence I feel bound to post my own example so that people might learn that not all Mac users are pro photographers.
Besides, I've got a new house and a new case but this Mac user is still LIVING LIKE poo poo! :v:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

~Coxy posted:

After that grand display of opulence I feel bound to post my own example so that people might learn that not all Mac users are pro photographers.
Besides, I've got a new house and a new case but this Mac user is still LIVING LIKE poo poo! :v:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

You have a giant Hackintosh, a Dell keyboard, and a Mighty Mouse!? WTF?

Get a MX Revolution or something....

chimz fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 5, 2009

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

Small room. The only way I could fit the bookshelf was behind the desk.

Removed the side panel to my case and have a table fan set up due to overheating :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

I figure every time I run out of space I will just bolt another arm onto it.