Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Tai-Pan posted:

These come up on ebay all the time. Usually for a bit more for ones in that condition. They are just SO CHEAP for so much awesome, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I would do with one. I couldn't even drive it to work as it wouldn't fit in our parking structure.

Parades, lots and lots of parades, picnics, most any sort of event I'd be there in my deuce and a half :D Car shows, church functions, heck I could find something to do with it every weekend I'm sure.

Must resist....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Clean Title

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

VideoTapir posted:

This is in Seattle, so I doubt it's all on the up and up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lada...kparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Theres a strong running 92 Lada Niva thats in good shape with the bush guard and poo poo for 1800 in Vancouver, I want it so bad.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
1975 REPU for 2k

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1147848780.html

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

ursa_minor posted:

1975 REPU for 2k

Ahahaa, my dad has hilarious stories about the one him and his buddies used to have. They had a bunch of work done to the little fucker.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Anyone want a Harlequin Golf? This guy wants to sell you one, but I'm pretty sure he can't deliver.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1134180350.html

Here's one for real though

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1157415626.html

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

This is the last vehicle I'd expect to find in Canada, considering all the ones for sale in the states are supposed to stay there.

If I had a class 3 license I'd be taking out a loan right now.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-1969-M35A2-Truck-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ123480508

Click here for the full 1553x589 image.

I would DD it, oh yes I would.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Who wants a former MMA team's van? Check out the sweet lightning. GUARDIAN!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/1157633494.html

Click here for the full 916x950 image.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

ursa_minor posted:

1975 REPU for 2k

1975 Mazda Rotary Engine Pick Up ( REPU ) Smog Exempt Rare 13B 4 port - $2000 (napa county)

I have a really freaking rare 1975 Mazda Rotary Engine Pick Up Truck ( REPU ) For Sale 2,000$ OBO !
Rotary lovers / of the RX2 / RX3 / RX4 / RX7 / RX8 heres a chance to buy a piece of Mazda history .
This truck came with the rare early large four port 13B motor with 3mm seals stock from the factory .
Some fairly minor surface rust on the hood/roof/bed a few small dents/dings & one broken taillight .
Clean title very straight body for it's age original paint & emblems / logos from 1975 still attatched .
Has a really nice white SNUGtop camper shell fits perfectly but one window got broken in storage .
This REPU came with a 4 speed manual transmission & 4.625 rear end gear ratio front disc brakes .
This little truck is totally complete but has been sitting for the last 7-8 years needs to be restored .
Ran rough when parked 4 years ago with bad / old gas - motor still spins freely nothing is frozen .
The rear bumper is tweaked slightly but I did not care I was going to take it off to lighten it up .
This was going to be my fully built SMOG EXEMPT rotary sleeper project but I lost interest : (
I have the pink slip somewhere but if I can't find it I will provide buyer with a bill of sale sorry .
Buyer will need to pick this truck up with a trailer not a dolly since the tags are so out of date .
Willing to work with serious buyers within reason open for offers in my ballpark asking price .
Might trade for a running clean title pre 75 Datsun 510 - 240sx or maybe a Honda hatchback ?
I'd also consider letting the buyer put some things I need for my next build on a credit card ?
Please NO : Lowballers, Scammers, Flakers, Window shoppers, Time wasters, Rude people .
If you don't like my asking price make me a offer but be reasonable its like selling a Unicorn .
Thanks for your time and responses Craigslister's take care hope to hear from you soon .

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
What's the deal with the "proof of citizenship required to purchase" on the deuce and a half?

Is there some weird law I don't know about where the seller of a vehicle could be open to some kind of liability/problems if they don't check that?

Or is it just a case of the seller thinking "drat frostbacks and wetbacks wouldn't have the respect for this US Military America gently caress yeah! vehicle."

haha firefox underlined frostbacks as a spelling error but not the other.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 7, 2009

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

ratbert90 posted:

Ahahahahahahhahhahahaah, yeah, 3k will get you the motor and trans.

Minus the axels, harness, chipped ecu, fuel lines, wire adapters, welding work if you don't do it yourself.

most complete k20 swaps are 5-6k done right.

Oh really?

Not to start an arguement, but the OMG-JDM swaps are the ones in the 5K+ range. USDM K20's have dropped a bit, especially since people are starting to build K24's instead.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Wagonburner posted:

What's the deal with the "proof of citizenship required to purchase" on the deuce and a half?

Is there some weird law I don't know about where the seller of a vehicle could be open to some kind of liability/problems if they don't check that?
USians, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe military purchases are regulated by ITAR, which is the United States' crappy export law regarding munitions and arms sales.

ITAR even controls strong (> 128-bit) cryptography; you can be considered to be an arms dealer and face a lot of federal time for bringing a disk containing PGP to Cuba.

Some military stuff can't be sold off to the public, period - I remember hearing that the US government didn't want drug dealers tooling around in up-armoured Humvees. It's a shame, but the Russians will sell you their old GAZ trucks.

Do people really call Canadians frostbacks? :( I wasn't aware of any anti-Canadian racism that wasn't mainly aimed at French Canadians.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 7, 2009

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Do people really call Canadians frostbacks? :( I wasn't aware of any anti-Canadian racism that wasn't mainly aimed at French Canadians.

Some friends and I saw that on the racial slur database and thought it was hilarious, Snow-Mexicans too. Sorry guy, I'll repent by enjoying some of your nice BC bud if I ever make it up there.

edit: but we'd never heard it before so I don't know if that's something people besides us say.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 7, 2009

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
All right, we'll give some cars to the Mexicans and the Russians, but we DON'T WANT THE FROSTBACKS.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
drat glacier monkeys and their 3-wheeled "motorcycles."

Charles L. Fuck
Dec 19, 2007

by Ozma

USians, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe military purchases are regulated by ITAR, which is the United States' crappy export law regarding munitions and arms sales.

ITAR even controls strong (> 128-bit) cryptography; you can be considered to be an arms dealer and face a lot of federal time for bringing a disk containing PGP to Cuba.

Some military stuff can't be sold off to the public, period - I remember hearing that the US government didn't want drug dealers tooling around in up-armoured Humvees. It's a shame, but the Russians will sell you their old GAZ trucks.
This is correct. ITAR export controls apply to an astounding variety of technologies, including military vehicles. You can't export any ITAR-controlled items without obtaining a license from the Department of State. Selling a controlled item to a non-US person - even if the item stays in the United States - would be considered an export.

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

Interesting stuff.

What about old armored cars? I've never seen one for sale to the general public, which is weird considering how many there are. Is there a law against selling them with all the full plating on them or something?

Shame because I would totally drive an armored bank truck. :cool:

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Kurten posted:

Interesting stuff.

What about old armored cars? I've never seen one for sale to the general public, which is weird considering how many there are. Is there a law against selling them with all the full plating on them or something?

Shame because I would totally drive an armored bank truck. :cool:

Lots of guys roll around in these.

http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/BRDM2%20for%20sale%20pageALL.htm

Take the gun off it and its basically a light truck, except you know, covered in thick rear end loving armor and is completely amphibious. On Englishrussia somebody bought one of these and totally did the interior out like a luxury SUV and painted it real nice and poo poo. Russia also makes an armored truck on a Chevy chassis that in its lowest trim will stop anything up to a rifle round and in its highest can stand up decently against an RPG.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
What is sadder than someone trying to sell a non-functional trans-am for $6k? Someone who thinks it will be worth $20k when restored.

Click here for the full 1319x741 image.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Tai-Pan posted:

What is sadder than someone trying to sell a non-functional trans-am for $6k? Someone who thinks it will be worth $20k when restored.

Click here for the full 1319x741 image.

I just looked at these for sale up here in Canada and you can get a solid one for like 3-4 grand, ahahahaha. Might be worth 20k in 2030 restored.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I'm registered to handle ITAR controlled goods in Canada, I wonder if I can buy one of those trucks to transport my goods around?

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Take the gun off it and its basically a light truck, except you know, covered in thick rear end loving armor and is completely amphibious. On Englishrussia somebody bought one of these and totally did the interior out like a luxury SUV and painted it real nice and poo poo. Russia also makes an armored truck on a Chevy chassis that in its lowest trim will stop anything up to a rifle round and in its highest can stand up decently against an RPG.

Yeah I've seen ex-military vehicles for sale, but do they sell used vehicles like this:

Where do they all go? Never seen a single one at a junk yard, wrecking yard, auction, etc. Kind of weird.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
Fast and Furious and Great MPG !

quote:

Fast and Furious and Great MPG
Race Ready

1992 Toyota Pasco, 5spd, 2dr, 143k, Aftermarket parts, rims, Air intake, headers, spoiler, racing seats, racing steering wheel,
this car runs great, over 30mpg easy, CD/tape,

AC removed for more power and less weight,
Low Priced only $1299 cash

Call John for test drive 352-222-0707
In St Petersburg
6630 US Hwy 19
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ctd/1159288905.html

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I love how he spells it Pasco in the ad.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I like how he went to the trouble of removing the A/C for that extra 0.05 seconds in the quarter and he lives in Florida. I'm sure that thing has never seen a drag strip either.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

deviant. posted:

I like how he went to the trouble of removing the A/C for that extra 0.05 seconds in the quarter and he lives in Florida. I'm sure that thing has never seen a drag strip either.

I think it's code for air conditioner broke and removing it is cheaper than fixing it!

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

I love how he spells it Pasco in the ad.

Hadn't even noticed that. Of note is that the county just north of us is Pasco, so that may be why that happened.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

VideoTapir posted:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1156502642.html

Just using the tried-and-true Craigslist search for "invested."

I used to have one of those! Two-door, but same color. Dirt cheap, simple, fun to drive, and I'm shocked to see that one of them is still running...

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

VideoTapir posted:

Anyone want a Harlequin Golf? This guy wants to sell you one, but I'm pretty sure he can't deliver.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1134180350.html

Rare 1996 Volkswagen Golf Rear Collision Edition

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MullardEL34 posted:

Rare 1996 Volkswagen Golf Rear Collision Edition

One of my friends used to drive a dark gray Peugeot 205 which he had bought cheaply due to rear-end damage from reversing into a street light. Being an amateur mechanic, he hammered and welded it back to shape and fitted a bright red tailgate. That combined with a psychotically rev-happy engine and lively handling earned it the nickname "Baboon Edition".

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 8, 2009

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

%%%THIZ IZ A AWESOME POST%%%

Some goddamn tweaker posted:

*=- THIS IS A -=*
** 1990 JEEP CHEROKEE **
*** WITH A 4.0 MOTOR ***
* 161,000 MILES *
*** 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION ***
** 20 INCH WHEELS ON SOME EXCELENT TIRES **
* NEW GRAY INTERIOR CARPET *
*** COOL NEW PAINT JOB ***
** CD STEREO WITH GREAT SPEAKERS **
* SUPER CLEAN LEATHER / CLOTH SEATS *
*** NEW DARK BLACK TINT WINDOWS ***
** NO SUN DAMAGE INSIDE **
RUNZ, LOOKZ, DRIVEZ, SOUNDZ, GREAT!
**MUST SEE**
ASKING $ 2,450.

CONTACT @ (480) 266-7425 OR (480) 385-9885

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://www.armoredcars.com/

There is a website for everything. Here is your used armor cars, cash transit trucks included.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tai-Pan posted:

These come up on ebay all the time. Usually for a bit more for ones in that condition. They are just SO CHEAP for so much awesome, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I would do with one. I couldn't even drive it to work as it wouldn't fit in our parking structure.
The M35's are the most amazing off-road vehicles I've ever driven and I drove all the Army's major wheeled vehicles as well as stuff like Jeeps and GM trucks. They can climb anything in first gear and are heavy as hell (which typically isn't a bonus). And you can store pretty much anything in the cargo area.

Two M35's within a page of eachother?

As far as I know some personal safety group convinced the Army that all the old Willy's Jeeps were unsafe and they stopped selling them and cut them all in half and scrapped them. Too bad, cause there would be a ton of them out there otherwise.

Oh hey, BRDM's. They had these at Ft Irwin and used them to represent the Soviets and Iraqis.

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's the McDonald's edition.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

As far as I know some personal safety group convinced the Army that all the old Willy's Jeeps were unsafe and they stopped selling them and cut them all in half and scrapped them. Too bad, cause there would be a ton of them out there otherwise.
Oh yeah, there's that. Slightly unintuitively, a lot of military hardware just isn't set up to withstand the rigors of getting slammed into by a retard running a red.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

This reminds me of the Windows 3.1 theme - Hot Dog Stand

Otacon fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 8, 2009

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol
Someone here should give this car a nice home.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1160760045.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Brain Issues posted:

Someone here should give this car a nice home.
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1160760045.html

Click here for the full 837x809 image.

THE LINK BECOMES USELESS IN A FEW DAYS OR WEEKS. POST AN IMAGE.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

Were all Corvairs blue? I've seen like five around town over the years and they're all this color.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

VideoTapir posted:

:fap:Oh god:fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

GO GO GO GO GO

Click here for the full 980x888 image.

I'm emailing asking if he's interested in a trade.