Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

angryhampster posted:

GO GO GO GO GO

Click here for the full 980x888 image.

I'm emailing asking if he's interested in a trade.

oh MAN. That car looks awesome :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Paul Boz_ posted:

oh MAN. That car looks awesome :(

He just emailed me back, and he's not interested in trading. :( That is a ridiculously good price..those things are very hard to come by.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
This is a real gem.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1148960121.html

One Paki Guy posted:

one paki guy owner 05 srt-4, clear title, low miles 38k come and buy i give you cheap deals
perfect interior this car is my daily driver& I always run stock boost,my momz be drivin it a lot(old paki lady)

only modifictions are eibach sportline springs, 8k high&low beam h.i.ds,weapon R ram air intake+ grabass green painted my wheels and green led panty dropper party puddle lights
at secret services car put down 222 hp 250tq to the wheels on their stupid rear end, low reading mustang dyno on STOCK BOOST!!
I challenge everyone to find nice car like i have. Not one time boost up and abused.
Puddle lights and wheels(which i can paint to the color of youre choice) are the only rice stuff
I'm ain't the typical srt-4 owner, I hate gays.
serious inquiries email for more details/pics

accepting trades as well, straight up or down+ cash on youre end, depends on what you have.
the list is this- camaro ss, mustang cobra 2001and mach 1, honda s2000, Real integra type r, clean teg gsr's, clean civic ek hatchs,and c4 corvettes or be my sugar mama forever all preferableyz manual mission, the latter exempt.

tagz: fresh, ill, sick breh, 240sx, silvia, rhd, mr2, nsx, civic type r, integra gsr, prelude, rsx, slab, donk, b16, b18, h22, ls, blades, fat fives, poor mans type r, corvette, mustang, srt4, cobra, supra, skyline, si, jdm, turbo, nos, fast and furious, vin diesel, AMERICAN MUSCLE, wanna be v8 killer, skittle,boost, gti, boozta mota, sti, evolution, evo, hello kitty, texaz outlawz

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 11, 2009

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

angryhampster posted:

He just emailed me back, and he's not interested in trading. :( That is a ridiculously good price..those things are very hard to come by.
Is there a reason it's desirable?

Charles L. Fuck
Dec 19, 2007

by Ozma
automotive insanity: i always run stock boost, my momz be drivin it a lot(old paki lady)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nitrox posted:

Last of a breed. Big engine, RWD wagons are extinct. I just sold a 75k mile one for almost $7000. That car you could probably buy for $5000, then immediately put on eBay for $9500 and get it. Quickly.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

hatfactory posted:

automotive insanity: i always run stock boost, my momz be drivin it a lot(old paki lady)

"I'm ain't the typical srt-4 owner, I hate gays."

I guess he won't trade for a Miata.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

hatfactory posted:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
You know, I've only ever seen one SRT-4 that wasn't driven by a middle aged woman.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Nitrox posted:

Aside from what was mentioned by meatpimp, it's got rare options like the vista roof and wood-esque paneling. If I had any way of acquiring that car right now, I would.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1141700473.html

quote:

i have a 1979 el camino that i need to get rid of. it has no moter, trany, or interior. so it will need a tow, also alittle surface rust not to bad, alittle body work and some paint and it will be sweet. im only asking 600 obo because i found something i like better. i dont have title, it dont have tags. if this caught your eye then just come see it and take it off my hands. call scott 8328915374 any time.

Click here for the full 863x487 image.

I want to get the VIN from him just so I can find out the car's history. Sounds like this car is destined to bounce around between rednecks until it finally gets scrapped.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

MetaJew posted:

"I'm ain't the typical srt-4 owner, I hate gays."

I guess he won't trade for a Miata.

He hates gays and yet he tagged his car as being "fresh".

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Sir Tonk posted:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1141700473.html

Click here for the full 863x487 image.

I want to get the VIN from him just so I can find out the car's history. Sounds like this car is destined to bounce around between rednecks until it finally gets scrapped.

Won't be on Carfax. Too old.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

Won't be on Carfax. Too old.
Good point. My step-father is with the local police, so I can at least figure out who the last owner was and if it was reported stolen.

OldSquid
May 28, 2007
Flying a plane is just like riding a bike, except it's harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Tetraptous posted:

I think it's code for air conditioner broke and removing it is cheaper than fixing it if you're stupid enough to buy this car you won't ever notice!

I think this is what you meant.

For content:
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ctd/1164967200.html

It's in great shape and has only 40K miles, but how can anyone justify $13K for a Porsche 914?

Click here for the full 703x762 image.

quote:

DESCRIPTION AND FEATURES
Red with Black Interior. 1.7 Liter Flat Four Cylinder Engine. Options include Manual 5 Speed Transmission, Fuel Injection, 4 Wheels Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Am Radio, Correct 5 Spoke Porsche Wheels, Removable Roof Panel. Beautiful Original Car. Must See to Appreciate

Also, how are these "5 spoke" wheels?

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma

Click here for the full 1140x530 image.

Found this little bastard for $500, going to take it off the guys' hands tonight. I've been looking for a cheap old Brat for years. There's also an '85 XT turbo about 15 miles down the road from him for $400 that's been in a barn for 10 years. When the hell did Tennessee become an '80s Subaru junkyard?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

MetaJew posted:

This is a real gem.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1148960121.html

One Paki Guy posted:

one paki guy owner 05 srt-4, clear title, low miles 38k come and buy i give you cheap deals

]tagz: fresh, ill, sick breh, 240sx, silvia, rhd, mr2, nsx, civic type r, integra gsr, prelude, rsx, slab, donk, b16, b18, h22, ls, blades, fat fives, poor mans type r, corvette, mustang, srt4, cobra, supra, skyline, si, jdm, turbo, nos, fast and furious, vin diesel, AMERICAN MUSCLE, wanna be v8 killer, skittle,boost, gti, boozta mota, sti, evolution, evo, hello kitty, texaz outlawz

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Who the hell searches craigslist for "sick breh", "vin diesel" and "hello kitty"?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Who the hell searches craigslist for "sick breh", "vin diesel" and "hello kitty"?
[/quote]

I feel like the owner is having a joke at his own expense -- "wanna be v8 killer," "poor mans type r"

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
I feel like I might be dating myself here, but what is a "paki"?

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Tai-Pan posted:

I feel like I might be dating myself here, but what is a "paki"?

Pakistani.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
mah momz be drivin it (paki owned, mom driven)

Charles L. Fuck
Dec 19, 2007

by Ozma

hatfactory posted:

rename ai to this. thanks~

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

hatfactory posted:

rename ai to this. thanks~

Already did, you paki

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
*sigtrap reported for hate speech

Searching any online classified for 'invested' doesn't always bring up terrible rice. Sometimes it just dredges up terrible, horrible money pits of despair.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8950410

Sure, I have no doubt that money is the reason for the sale, if you're willign to take a 12k haircut. :suicide:

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

fatman1683 posted:

Pakistani.

Okay...are Pakistani people known for being really easy on their cars or something? The owner is clearly an idiot, but even then why is that a selling point?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tai-Pan posted:

Okay...are Pakistani people known for being really easy on their cars or something? The owner is clearly an idiot, but even then why is that a selling point?
I find it strange for an American to use the term "Paki". I always thought it was a British thing.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004
Shit happens when you party naked.

MrKatharsis posted:

A friend of mine who is into drifting and Eclipses told me that Hello Kitty was DA INTERNATIONAL SYMBOL OF DRIFTERS.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
Less paki, more gold.

10k mile one owner Delorean.

Click here for the full 1384x792 image.

VVVVVVVVVVV Seriously, that is the greatest ad ever. "Why'd you sell your truck Jim" .."Too many bees, John, too many bees..."

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 12, 2009

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
TOO MANY (paki?) BEES

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/cto/1163953978.html

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/1165929300.html

Click here for the full 950x896 image.

I'm gonna take that sweet paki neon and put some LAMBO DOORS on it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/1165113135.html

quote:

1996 Toyota Paseo 115k 5spd. exellent condition $1000 dwn (north mopac/ fm 1325)
Reply to: sale-raag4-1165113135@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-11, 10:48AM CDT

Type: Used
VIN: JT2CC52H1T0016306

VEHICLE INFORMATION

Year: 1996
Make: Toyota
Model: Paseo

ADDITIONAL VEHICLE INFORMATION
Doors:2
Engine:4cyl

INSTALLED OPTIONS

Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
Rear Window Defroster
Anti-Lock Brakes
Cruise Control
Power Steering
Tinted Glass

ONE OWNER... Perfect Body, paint is in exellent condition, no fades or damage to the paint. New tires, and the cleanest interior you eill see on a 1996 paseo!!! It is as close as it gets to perfect as you are going to get.... come by and see it at 16203 Fm 1325 or give us a call at 512-310-7833

A 13 year old economy car for only a grand down? Well, my interest was piqued so I emailed the seller asking for a cash price.

quote:

$4599, its a one owner in almost perfect condtion. And it comes with a 6 month warranty with sticker price.

Thank you,

I've heard of highballing but...yeah. Even for a perfect (which this one ain't) Paseo that's outrageous. What's more surprising is that NADA lists clean retail for this car at $3350. Since when have old subcompacts commanded this kind of price? I wouldn't pay more than maybe 1500, and even that's pushing it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

deviant. posted:

I've heard of highballing but...yeah. Even for a perfect (which this one ain't) Paseo that's outrageous. What's more surprising is that NADA lists clean retail for this car at $3350. Since when have old subcompacts commanded this kind of price? I wouldn't pay more than maybe 1500, and even that's pushing it.

I wouldn't even think of paying that unless it was a convertible. And then I'd think long and hard.

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Its an untitled vehicle which means it could have some kind of lein against it right? That could explain the somewhat outrageous price. Or does untitled mean something other than what I think it means?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Untitled can mean one of three things:

1) Some previous owner lost the paper title and the current owner bought it that way. It's possible to have the state print a new one but usually a gigantic pain in the rear end.

2) The current owner owes a pile of money on it and doesn't feel like repaying. The lienholder (HSBC/GMAC/your local credit union) is the actual owner of the vehicle, and you won't be able to register it until they are paid off.

3) It's stolen.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
It's "Untitled" because it's in the hands of a dealership.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

deviant. posted:

Uh, my ex just picked up a 2001 Toyota Echo with less miles for $4000. She wasn't even haggling with the dealer.

:wtf:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
1971 Maverick Grabber - $17,500

I clicked, hoping it was a typo. It loving wasn't.

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

This has to be one of those "romantic interest forcing sale of beloved Dearborn/Detroit Iron" situations I hear about.

It has to be.

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

Professor Bling posted:

1971 Maverick Grabber - $17,500

I clicked, hoping it was a typo. It loving wasn't.

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

This has to be one of those "romantic interest forcing sale of beloved Dearborn/Detroit Iron" situations I hear about.

It has to be.

This guy must be high, most likely on home trailer-made meth.

Edit: its tough trying to think of worse domestic car for 1971. Besides vega/gremlin/pinto this is about it, and $17k, lol

Kurten fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 12, 2009

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
What makes people think they can get what they ask for their cars? Do they not do even a mild amount of research before posting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Paul Boz_ posted:

What makes people think they can get what they ask for their cars? Do they not do even a mild amount of research before posting?

For all the people posting craigslist ads like those, there have to be people buying from those listings. I know I cringe when I'm perusing the Computers section and see 5 year old machines listed as MONSTER GAMING MACHINE's. But people must buy them I guess. Stupid people selling, stupid people buying.

Sir Nigel fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 12, 2009