Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

This song was feature on Wendy's radio commercials for a while. When I try to think of it I usually end up thinking about What I Got or Are You Gonna Be My Girl. It has a whispering breakdown section and the guitar is acoustic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iscis
Jan 8, 2007
im the coolest guy you know

trans fat posted:

This song was feature on Wendy's radio commercials for a while. When I try to think of it I usually end up thinking about What I Got or Are You Gonna Be My Girl. It has a whispering breakdown section and the guitar is acoustic.

Blister in the Sun by The Violent Femmes?

Xtronoc
Aug 29, 2004
Pillbug
A reggae song that has the chorus "banda banda"(?)

SHAKY DEFENSE
Mar 4, 2005

anything but that

SHAKY DEFENSE posted:

There's this shoegazey/Breeders-sounding song stuck in my head. It sounds like a female vocalist, quite a bit like Kim Deal actually, but the chorus repeats "Sooner or Later" and some other lyrics I don't remember. It must not be called Sooner or Later (if that's really even what I'm hearing) because a google search yields a great number of songs by that title and I've burned through quite a few with no luck.

I may have heard it on Pandora or the local alt-rock (non-clear channel) station, or maybe even a commercial/show/movie. I hope this is enough because the only way I can exorcise this from my head is to throw it on the ol' pod.

Found it myself. The name of the song IS Sooner or Later by Slumber Party.

TAG BODY SPRAY
Jan 25, 2006

Ok this is driving me crazy.

It's a song that was played in "Ghost's of Girlfriends Past", I believe it's the 80s.

It goes something like:

"I can tell by the looooooooooooook in your eeeeeeeyes"

I've googled it and I've come up with NOTHING. Some 504 boyz or some poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Edit: just kidding

TAG BODY SPRAY
Jan 25, 2006

It was:

Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon

:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgT_mJXbvCQ

TAG BODY SPRAY fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 14, 2009

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

TAG BODY SPRAY posted:

Ok this is driving me crazy.

It's a song that was played in "Ghost's of Girlfriends Past", I believe it's the 80s.

It goes something like:

"I can tell by the looooooooooooook in your eeeeeeeyes"

I've googled it and I've come up with NOTHING. Some 504 boyz or some poo poo.

Is it a really aggressive song? There's a line like that in Ministry's "Stigmata".

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
it's reo speedwagon and also it's already been answered in the post directly above yours. :downs:

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

ASHER ROTHS MANAGER posted:

it's reo speedwagon and also it's already been answered in the post directly above yours. :downs:

I am a retard.

Both good songs, though!

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

FitFortDanga posted:

I am a retard.

Both good songs, though!

Honestly speaking, this is the first thing that came to my mind and I sort of hate myself for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnydO3rJZak#t=0m52s

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

it's a song by dmx. In the music video, different dimly lit ghetto scenes rapidly change around him. The chorus is something like "the (word), the (word), the (word), the (word), da dat, da dat, da dat, da dat"

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Kaiser Bill posted:

it's a song by dmx. In the music video, different dimly lit ghetto scenes rapidly change around him. The chorus is something like "the (word), the (word), the (word), the (word), da dat, da dat, da dat, da dat"

DMX - Who We Be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT5JJxiArFI

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Can someone tell me what the background music to this trailer is? I heard it in the play it's trailing, and have been searching high and low for it for ages. Then I remembered about this, maybe it'll give me an opportunity to rest, finally. I assume it's Beethoven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKC5xCKQirA&feature=player_embedded

EDIT: After all that, I've got it: it's from his Piano Trio in G Major.

Jonnty fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 15, 2009

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain
Today I heard a song on the radio I haven't heard in years. Probably came out sometime in the mid to late '90s originally. Instrumental was acoustic guitar and tambourine-y sounding accompaniment. And the singer was a Sarah MacLachlan type - haunting and soothing voice, and yet I loved that song years back I could never make out the words save for the start of the chorus, a wailing "Straaaaaaaaaaaaaange somethingerother..." I really like that song but have no idea who even performed it. PM me if possible.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

danifestmestny posted:

Today I heard a song on the radio I haven't heard in years. Probably came out sometime in the mid to late '90s originally. Instrumental was acoustic guitar and tambourine-y sounding accompaniment. And the singer was a Sarah MacLachlan type - haunting and soothing voice, and yet I loved that song years back I could never make out the words save for the start of the chorus, a wailing "Straaaaaaaaaaaaaange somethingerother..." I really like that song but have no idea who even performed it. PM me if possible.

Kind of a stretch, but Sarah MacLachlan - Sweet Surrender?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

DMX - Who We Be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT5JJxiArFI

you're good, thanks!

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Blas Elias posted:

Honestly speaking, this is the first thing that came to my mind and I sort of hate myself for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnydO3rJZak#t=0m52s

dont hate on slaughter

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Posted this in the Danger thread, but maybe I'll try my luck here. I heard a song in a store (All Saints if it helps) and it's really annoying me not knowing it. It sounded like a minimal remix of Stuck On Repeat by Little Boots, but I don't think it is. The tune is very similar though, at least. It's very minimal though.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Posted this in the Danger thread, but maybe I'll try my luck here. I heard a song in a store (All Saints if it helps) and it's really annoying me not knowing it. It sounded like a minimal remix of Stuck On Repeat by Little Boots, but I don't think it is. The tune is very similar though, at least. It's very minimal though.

is it the Fake Blood Remix of Little Boots - Stuck on You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLJ2g2mRYhE

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

bumping my plea:

YO MAMA HEAD posted:

I was at a show a year or two ago and there was sort of a lo-fi playlist on as the bands were setting up. I heard some sort of start/stop spoken word piece that I liked that I seem to remember repeating the phrase "it's the ice age, baby, deal with it." Ring any bells for anyone?

Jerry the Rat
Apr 26, 2004

Tap 'er Light, Eh?
I don't know if anyone will have any idea with this, but it's driving me crazy so I figure I'd throw it out there.

The band is called The Oblio Joes. They were a band from Missoula, Montana that broke up a few years back. I don't know the name of the song in question, but I do know the chorus.

"I woke up in a ditch today - it's not half as bad as you think.
I drank another fifth today, quit my job.
I'm feeling much better now, now how about you?"

Any ideas?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

The Mr Vega remix is rather minimal, that might be it? The Fake Blood remix isn't exactly what i'd call minimal, though it is awesome!

EDIT - There's also a Frunt Room Remix which is pretty minimal as well, could be either of those?

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 17, 2009

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
Whats The Name Of The New Soulja Boi Song????

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I know that this is horribly unspecific, but maybe someone will have an idea.

I was listening to a local COOL OLDIES station in my car the other day and I heard a song that sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. It had to have been from the 60s or 70s and there was finger-picked guitar and I think G and C were central chords, and they kept singing "li li li li li, la la li li li" or something of that nature like it was a chorus. My number of "li"s and "la"s may be off, but it was generally like that.

It sounded so goddamned familiar but it is bugging me now

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 17, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

I know that this is horribly unspecific, but maybe someone will have an idea.

I was listening to a local COOL OLDIES station in my car the other day and I heard a song that sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. It had to have been from the 60s or 70s and there was finger-picked guitar and I think G and C were central chords, and they kept singing "li li li li li, la la li li li" or something of that nature like it was a chorus. My number of "li"s and "la"s may be off, but it was generally like that.

It sounded so goddamned familiar but it is bugging me now
Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

Simon and Garfunkel - The Boxer

Correct! thank you.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Trance/Drum & Bass music

Lyrics:

Hey there boogie boy hate to see you follow me
Don't tag along this ain't your type of party
Hey there boogie boy hate to see you follow me
AIN'T YOUR TYPE OF PARTY, PARTY

Hey there boogie boy don't want to see you fall
DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU FALL, SEE YOU FALL
You're so cute watch out! You don't lose it all
YOU DON'T LOSE IT ALL, LOSE IT ALL

Hey little boogie boy hate to see you follow me
HATE TO SEE YOU FOLLOW ME, FOLLOW ME
AIN'T YOUR TYPE OF PARTY, PARTY
You're so cute watch out! You don't lose it all
YOU DON'T LOSE IT ALL, LOSE IT ALL
Hey little boogie boy hate to see you follow me
HATE TO SEE YOU FOLLOW ME, FOLLOW ME

Hey little boogie boy don't come running
DON'T COME RUNNING

I would like to know who this is by.

Brigadier Sockface fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 13, 2010

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
Can someone please help me indentify the new Soulja Boy Single please. What is the name of it. Thank

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

Riptor posted:

There's a song WBCN in Boston has been playing a lot recently.... it sounds a whole hell of a lot like The Clash but I'm not sure if it is. It has a chorus something to the effect of "rockin til the .... here. Something something something out of heeeeeeeere". Then towards the end there's a sample of Baba O'Reilly by The Who. Any ideas?

I see you posted this over a month ago, but if you're still looking for it, the song is 'Rush' by Big Audio Dynamite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJxbe3tKf4

you were on the right track guessing it was the Clash. It IS Mick Jones singing...it's just as part of the band he formed after the Clash broke up.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
The last track of the first Tenacious D album has a 'hidden track' at the end of it, the track is called Malibu Nights, here's a youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3wBP7BTxmE

The first 4 seconds or so of guitar there sounds a lot like the riff of an old 80s rock song, could be (sounds a bit like, but probably isn't) Guns 'n' Roses, all I remember about the song is that the guitar there was electric, the singer was a man and the riff sounded pretty similar to the first few seconds of that riff in Malibu Nights. It's really been annoying me for upwards of 6 months, save me!

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Sheriff Falc posted:

The last track of the first Tenacious D album has a 'hidden track' at the end of it, the track is called Malibu Nights, here's a youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3wBP7BTxmE

The first 4 seconds or so of guitar there sounds a lot like the riff of an old 80s rock song, could be (sounds a bit like, but probably isn't) Guns 'n' Roses, all I remember about the song is that the guitar there was electric, the singer was a man and the riff sounded pretty similar to the first few seconds of that riff in Malibu Nights. It's really been annoying me for upwards of 6 months, save me!
For what it's worth, the first song that popped into my head was Shine by Collective Soul, as heard here. However, that's not an 80s song and you probably wouldn't confuse it for anything by GnR.

JAF07
Aug 6, 2007

:911:
Okay, I heard a song used as a bumper on ESPN Allnight two nights ago, and it's been driving me crazy trying to figure out what it was. Here's what I can tell you:

- It's definitely received radio play.
- The riff in question was a sort of grungy sound, probably an organ and/or guitar playing in unison, although it could be distorted bass. It's a fast pattern, almost arpeggio-like. I'm fairly certain it repeats through the entire song.
- I'd be incredibly surprised if the song was from the 80s or 90s--it had that 70s heavy metal sound to it, which means it's either 70s metal or a band like Wolfmother that rips off that sound, but I'm more inclined to think it's the former.

JohnScans
Apr 21, 2008

Hug it out bitch
Need help identifying a sample from the slumdog millionaire soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAm1pJfUT4

The first 12 seconds of this song. I know I've heard it on the radio or in a store before. I'm assuming its an Indian style of singing, but is there a song that contains this style that had radio play?

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

For what it's worth, the first song that popped into my head was Shine by Collective Soul, as heard here. However, that's not an 80s song and you probably wouldn't confuse it for anything by GnR.

You're absolutely correct, thank you! Yeah, for some reason I could have sworn that it sounded like Guns 'n' Roses in my head, I knew it wasn't, though :(.

myself
Jul 17, 2001

This is a question dealing with song-identification, but not of songs I don't know.. Actually I'm listening to the Au Pairs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_Pairs_(band), and I can't make out some of the lyrics for some of the songs I like, and I'm wondering if anyone has access to any lyrics for Au Pairs. Each lyrics website I go to has only a handful of songs and there are many I can't find anywhere. If anyone knows where I can get Au Pairs lyrics, primarily from Stepping Out Of Line Anthology, that would be cool! Or if anyone knows the band really well I could ask them some specific questions maybe...

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Okay this is gonna drive me nuts. I know that a shitload of songs sample "get up get into it & get involved" but there's one that samples the vocal of "get inVOLVED" and it's pitched up and it sounds like a crow cawing or some poo poo.

WHAT SONG IS THAT aaaaaaaaaaa

myself posted:

This is a question dealing with song-identification, but not of songs I don't know.. Actually I'm listening to the Au Pairs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_Pairs_(band), and I can't make out some of the lyrics for some of the songs I like, and I'm wondering if anyone has access to any lyrics for Au Pairs. Each lyrics website I go to has only a handful of songs and there are many I can't find anywhere. If anyone knows where I can get Au Pairs lyrics, primarily from Stepping Out Of Line Anthology, that would be cool! Or if anyone knows the band really well I could ask them some specific questions maybe...

I can't help you, but the Au Pairs are basically the best band of all time :)

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

kingcobweb posted:

Okay this is gonna drive me nuts. I know that a shitload of songs sample "get up get into it & get involved" but there's one that samples the vocal of "get inVOLVED" and it's pitched up and it sounds like a crow cawing or some poo poo.

http://www.the-breaks.com/search.php?term=get+up+get+into+it&type=4

probably somewhere in there

irrelephant
Feb 13, 2009
I was watching Daria the other day, and they played a tiny clip of a song. I had heard the song before, but they only played the tiny intro part, and I can't remember for the life of me how the rest of the song goes. It is driving me absolutely nuts.
The intro part sounds the the words "break it" but like scratched on a record and repeated 5 or 6 times with a beat in the background.
"break it breakit m-breakit break-breakit"

....wow the word break is looking stupid and starting to loose all meaning...just like my post probably :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

da g00se
Mar 17, 2007
Beef
Another unspecific one...
I'm trying to hunt down a dubstep-style mix where the only feature I remember are the lyrics, which are (or are similar to) "every time I see your face, my heart starts rushing". I tried googling variations of the lyrics with no results.
It's not THAT obscure - I've heard it a few times in various places.