Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Did you get to meet Wilford Brimley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wam
Mar 18, 2005

ANIMAL JR.

Wam posted:

Who we are: Translattice
Where: Santa Clara, CA (Bay area)
Title: Distributed Systems Developer (two positions one senior and one junior)
Job Posting: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sof/1165753037.html
Description (from the craigslist ad):You will develop systems and application software for a high performance distributed platform while working as part of a small team in a creative environment. You will have opportunities to contribute to the core platform technology, as well as to architect, develop, and extend the application software. Skills Required: Exceptional C programming skills and superior knowledge of data structures and algorithms; experience developing and debugging on Unix systems; good C++ programming skills; solid understanding of network programming, multi-threaded processes and concurrency issues, locking, and event driven asynchronous systems. Understanding of higher level Internet protocols such as IMAP and LDAP desirable.

---
Basically we are looking for bright people who really know how to program. The work environment is pretty fun and the problems we are working on are challenging.

Feel free to apply through the craigslist link. If you have any questions you can PM, AIM: omajereo, or email me (I allow email through the forums). Send me a message if you apply also, I'm interested in if anyone reads this.

I updated this post to the new craigslist listing. We are still looking for people. The Junior level position is perfect for bright people who may not have a degree, but nonetheless know their stuff (just have some sort of side project you can use as an example).

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Updated my job offering, the company pulled it. :( I'll update again if it reopens.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Position filled.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 20, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I had to look that one up on Google Maps because, seriously, King of Prussia? Real city, though. The Internet wouldn't lie to me.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

brc64 posted:

I had to look that one up on Google Maps because, seriously, King of Prussia? Real city, though. The Internet wouldn't lie to me.

To be fair, it's not real city, more like a collection of houses and business parks around a gigantic loving mall (actually the largest mall in the US).

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Edit: I've moved and gotten more desperate.
My experience: Graduated from Truman State University in May 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. Knowledge in C/C++, Python, ADA '95, SQL, LISP, CSS, HTML, and Java. Most confident with C++, Java, and Python and am currently working on improving my skills in C++ even further, but I could get up to speed with any language, especially those listed, fairly quickly. Worked at my school's help desk for 2 years, had a brief internship before that where the project involving spyware research was bought by Symantec and I was let go. My online resume can be viewed here, and a normal one is available upon request.

What I'm looking for: A job

What I'm NOT looking for: Not a job

Where I live: Fort Worth, TX

Where I'm looking: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, kind of prefer to remain in Ft. Worth for a while.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Standard benefits, decent salary

Can be reached via: brianchristophermurray at gmail dot com, or PM

Also: Since I've moved 600 miles away from all my friends I have nothing to do here, so I can work weekends and without much distraction at least until I make some new friends.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 26, 2010

BrotherNumsey
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
X

BrotherNumsey fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 7, 2020

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Who We Are: GSI Commerce

Hatful, I'm looking at your workplace and I'm going to drop a line to your AIM tonight about something.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Can someone update the first post, our second position was filled, (non goon I'm guessing) but we still have a QA position open.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Maneki Neko posted:

Can someone update the first post, our second position was filled, (non goon I'm guessing) but we still have a QA position open.
Done!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Can I get a link in the OP? Web development gig, great shop.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3138927

This is for a GREAT company, Washingtonian magazine's "top 50 places to work in the washington area" something like five or six times in the last decade?

quote:

The ideal candidate will have a background in web application development accompanied with solid .Net Development experience. The individual we hire must be interested in using industry best practices and enjoy working in a team environment to produce creative solutions.

Responsibilities

* Play an essential role in the design of new applications and integration with our existing solutions.
* Create, maintain and optimize software applications for large web based .Net solutions using Microsoft .Net, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Silverlight, Azure, and Web Services.
* Work with the business analyst following User Centered Design processes to create UML artifacts representing the design of the necessary application modules.
* Work within an agile development team following test driven development processes as they develop software to solve the business requirements.
* Work with the project manager to ensure project deliverables are met.

Qualifications

* Four (4) or more years of web based development experience and three (3) or more years of experience with ASP.NET, C#, .Net Framework is required.
* Four (4) or more years of experience with OOD, C#, Java and SQL Server and experience using User Centric design techniques are required.
* Experience in object oriented analysis, design of complex systems using UML is preferred, and familiarity with automated testing process is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and strong organizational time management skills are required.
* The ability to work on variety of projects concurrently is required, as well as the ability to learn quickly and independently and to work in a technically complex environment.
* Knowledge of higher education systems a plus.

This position is based in Buffalo, NY or Fairfax, VA. Relocation assistance may be considered for this position and remote status is not an option.

PM or post questions for details or just email your resume to blackirish01 at yahoo.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

My experience: Graduated from Louisiana State University in December 2007 with a B.S in Computer Science, Got a job right out of college as a software engineer at Antares Technology Solutions. Worked there for about 7 months but left to return to graduate school. Currently enrolled as a Graduate Student at the University of Oregon, going for my CS Masters. I have college experience working with Java, Python, Django, C/C++, MySQL... a lot of stuff. I have professional experience with the big .NET languages (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET), and T-SQL, along with the suite of Microsoft developer software (Visual Studio, SQL Manager, blah blah blah). I also did the computer repair game for awhile in college so I know how to fix software/hardware problems.

What I'm looking for: To be honest anything at this point... Part time is almost definitely a must though, its gotta work around my grad student schedule (though I only plan on doing school part time, a lot of classes are in the middle of the day). Computer repair, software engineering... he'll I'd even do an intern thing at a software company if it was paid.

What I'm NOT looking for: Full time developer positions, sorry even if they were willing to let me go to classes in the day for a few hours, I don't think I could swing programming that long every day :(

Where I live: Eugene Oregon

Where I'm looking: Eugene Oregon

When I can start: June 2009

Requirements: A salary, benefits would be nice but I just need some money coming in :(

Can be reached via: claytonc *at* cs *dot* uoregon *dot* edu or FFu 0 k on aim (yes its an embarrassing screen name I've had it for like 8 years shut up)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

My situation/experience: Bs In Computer Science (graduated in June 2005). After graduation I worked as a .NET mobile apps developer for a few months, then moved on to my current job in enterprise software support (Nov 2006 to now). I also did a few freelance web design projects and I'm currently the web designer/developer for a non profit online magazine. I recently went back to school for a second bachelor's, this time in Graphic Design. I am fluent in English and Spanish.

What I'm looking for: A job in web development/design industry or something similar

Where I live: San José, Costa Rica (looking to relocate)

Where I'm looking: anywhere in the US/Canada, prefer somewhere with a gtood public transit system because I hate driving

When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer

Requirements: get me a green card!

Can be reached via: PM, vdaluz@gmail.com

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3139639
Not mine, just linking it where it's more likely to be seen/useful.

Jolva posted:

Hello goons,

I'm seeking a full time, on-site PHP/MySQL web programmer. My company is willing to relocate the right candidate here to the Detroit Michigan area. This is a senior level position, and examples of current/pass programming projects will be required.

Please post in this thread or send cover letter & resume to phpguru@core3solutions.com if interested!

Here's the full job description:

Description

Web programmer to assume the lead on database-driven web site development. Please be prepared to show examples of current and past programming projects.
Responsibilities

Web programmer would be responsible for:

* Working with project managers to establish reasonable project requirements, quotes, and timelines
* Integration of existing site content with database-driven content management system
* Development of secure administration consoles facilitating client site management
* Collaboration with designers to ensure consistant styles and standards are maintained
* Creation of reusable custom libraries, classes, and modules to streamline future development efforts

Requirements

Required skills include:

* At least 3 years of professional experience developing production-level PHP/MySQL applications
* Portfolio showing work that demonstrates medium to large scale PHP programming efforts
* HTML/XHTML (including W3C standards)
* CSS
* Javascript
* Experience developing content management tools

Preferred additional skills may include:

* Linux server management and/or maintenance
* E-Commerce and payment gateway integration
* Object oriented design
* Experience with MVC-based frameworks (e.g. CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Rails)
* Subversion or CVS
* Dreamweaver
* Tableless layout design
* Photoshop
* Apache web server
* Perl and UNIX shell scripts
* XML
* Smarty or XSL templating
* AJAX Javascript components, including Dojo, jQuery, Prototype and/or Scriptaculous

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

My experience: I have nearly 8 years of Software Engineering experience using both OSS(PHP,MySQL.etc.) and .NET(C#,MSSQL). I am currently working with .NET 3.5 on a large scale application with heavy emphasis on WCF, Linq, WPF, and ASP.NET. I've worked for start ups and media agencies. Prior to that I was in the US Army for 6.5 years.
What I'm looking for: Another start up or media agency in either a PM or Software Engineer role.
What I'm NOT looking for: A start up with no capital. I prefer paychecks with equity as a bonus.
Where I live: Portland, OR
Where I'm looking: Portland, OR (downtown preferred)
When I can start: 2-4 weeks (I am still at my current position wrapping things up).
Requirements: Market pay (will trade some of it for equity), respect for having a life outside of work.
Can be reached via: This thread & PM

SuperCaptainJ
Jun 24, 2005

Positions filled.

SuperCaptainJ fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 10, 2009

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Edit: Hired goon Wicaeed thanks to this thread!

este fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 14, 2009

Beer OClock
May 19, 2006

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
My experience: 7+ years IT support including Tier 1/Tier 2 Help Desk and Deskside Support, hardware (depot/bench) repair. I am currently working as a systems administrator running backups and network monitoring operations for a medium-sized company. I have a BFA and recently completed a 1 year certificate course in Linux Network Administration. Currently studying for CCNA, RHCT, MCP and other various alphabet soup.
What I'm looking for: Another systems administrator job, with potential to work with Linux.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk. May consider doing deskside support or hardware repair again.
Where I live: Chandler, AZ (looking to relocate)
Where I'm looking: Raleigh, NC; Greensboro, NC
When I can start: 7/20
Requirements: Health insurance
Can be reached via: PM, this thread.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Looks like our QA position got filled (no idea if it was someone here or not), can someone update the OP?

Thanks!

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003
Can you update the OP to remove mine? Position was filled (not by a goon :( )

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
My experience: Hundreds of hours of recording experience (sixteen recordings in just the past two weeks), several years of voiceover training, over ten years of theater, film and television experience before that. I'm also a classically-trained soprano (although these days I'm probably more of a mezzo) and I can speak a little Korean. You can hear my demos and samples from some of my past projects here: http://www.voice123.com/melanieehrlich
What I'm looking for: Gigs doing voiceovers for websites, iPhone apps, video games, and other nerd (and non-nerd) stuff
What I'm NOT looking for: Those who want me to record their projects for $10 because "it's only a few lines" or "it'll take like five minutes"; people who don't understand the importance and value of a professional voice recording (if you don't understand and would LIKE to, however, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to talk to you about it.)
Where I live: Seoul, South Korea for the next few months; moving back to NYC in September
Where I'm looking: Anywhere. Really, anywhere. I have clients in several different countries.
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Honesty and kindness :3: Actually, yeah, that sums it up--just don't try to scam me and don't be a jerk :)
Can be reached via: PM, Email (MelanieAnnEhrlich at gmail dot com)

I thought this would be appropriate to post in here, seeing as there are so many software and website developers. As some of you might know if you follow the iPhone games thread in Games, I did voiceovers for some iPhone games, and it's something I find I really enjoyed. A lot of my current voiceover work is educational, and I'd like some variety, as well as to expand my goon client base. I've recorded for big companies like Japan Airlines and Johnson & Johnson, museum audio guides, textbooks, ESL materials, toys, games, and even the ending theme song for an RPG. Professional, high-quality recordings, quick turn-around, a sweet goon discount, and I'll do my absolute best to satisfy you.[/innuendo] I'll be happy to send you my resume, more samples, testimonials, etc. upon request. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have.

Also, I tend to get along really well with Korean people; for some reason they appreciate it when I stumble through a conversation in their language. I love Korean culture, so I suppose that helps too. So if you have any Korean clients, I could help you score some brownie points with them. :)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Who we are: SironaHealth, Inc.
Job Title: System Engineer II
Job Posting (Apply here): http://www.jobsinme.com/seek/resultdetail.aspx?jobnum=485553

Job Posting posted:

SironaHealth is seeking self-motivated Systems Engineer II with a wide range of technical capabilities including, but not limited to, system/network integration and operations, technical design and architecture planning. Candidate will be part of a team consisting of engineers and support personnel providing 24x7x365 operations needs and strategic IT projects of varying length and complexity. As SironaHealth is in the business of saving lives, it is imperative that the candidate be able to work in a high-energy team environment and be able to think quickly, creatively and concisely. 24x7 disciplined approach to creating and supporting systems through clustering and fault tolerant design a plus -- Proficiencies in the following platforms desired: VMWare, EMC - Navisphere, Microsoft (Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory and System Administration / SQL Server 2000/2005 / Terminal Services), and Linux. -- BS or BA in a related field

MINIMUM BASIC REQUIREMENTS: 1. Five or more years experience in Information Technology required. 2. One or more years thinking and working in an intrinsically secure, HIPAA compliant way is required. 3. Candidate must be willing to contribute to team support model via on-call rotation. 4. Candidate must live in the general area of South Portland, Maine (or be in the process of moving there) and be able to work from our office in that location.

We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V

e: job has been filled

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 13, 2009

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Shaggar posted:

Who we are: SironaHealth, Inc.
Job Title: System Engineer II
Job Posting (Apply here): http://www.jobsinme.com/seek/resultdetail.aspx?jobnum=485553
I could totally do this job, if it weren't in Maine. It sounds like a lot of the same as what I do now, only more advanced.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
Sure, why not. I don't have a degree, so my chances are probably pretty slim, but I consider myself a decent programmer who can usually figure stuff out.

My experience: College student, no degree or professional experience sadly. But I've done a lot of projects in my freetime. Mostly using PHP, MySQL, Javascript, or C++. I also have some basic knowledge of Java, C# and Python, and could probably pick up other languages in a month or so. I also know HTML/CSS pretty drat well, though I suck at any sort of design. A collection of my projects can be found here: http://www.barchok.com/portfolio/
What I'm looking for: Any sort of programming, though I'm probably the most proficient at web development.
What I'm NOT looking for: Support positions. Basically, if I'm not programming something, I'm not happy.
Where I live: Columbus, OH
Where I'm looking: I'd prefer to finish up my degree, so Columbus, OH would be nice, but I'd be open to telecommuting. If it's a really worthwhile job, I wouldn't mind moving.
When I can start: Anytime.
Requirements: For a local job, I'll take pretty much anything. For anything out of state, the standard 401k, benefits, and vacation, plus a decent salary for the area (~40k).
Can be reached via: PM, thedaian@gmail.com

Rapportus
Oct 31, 2004
The 4th Blue Man
Welp I got my job at Trion thanks to SA, and so should you! (In fact, you'd be working with many goons!) We're a fresh game publisher start-up with over $100 million in funding. (You may have seen us at E3 this year with our first game, Heroes of Telara, which garnered many "Best Surprise of E3 2009" awards.) This job opportunity is kick-rear end. Every day is an intellectual challenge because you'll be working with some of the most experienced veterans from the gaming industry. (Even if you don't think you qualify, I'd suggest applying because we're looking for talent that can be molded into this role.)

Who we are: Trion World Network, Broadband Games Publisher
Location: Austin, Texas (Northwest Austin near 183 and Braker Ln)
Job Title: Technical Systems Analyst
Job Posting (Apply here): http://www.trionworld.com/career.php?jid=37
Job Description:

quote:

WE ARE REVOLUTIONIZING ENTERTAINMENT!
Trion World Network, the publisher and developer of games and original entertainment for a connected world, has assembled many of the most respected names in the industry along with the backing of three of the top five world’s largest media companies and top venture capitalists to fulfill the incredible potential that global broadband has created for games. With our innovative technology, we’re combining the best of online, gaming and traditional media to revolutionize the way server based games are designed, developed, and delivered.

Technical Systems Analyst
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Systems Analyst to help craft the infrastructure for our massively multiplayer online game environments. The Technical Systems Analyst will be responsible for evaluating IT systems that comprise the infrastructure of MMO games. This position will help provide operational cohesion between teams involved with the development and support of an MMO game. Ideal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.

Responsibilities
* Gather, analyze, and report important game data to teams at all levels of the organization.
* Provide technical feedback and recommendations to game development and operations teams.
* Provide summarized feedback to game stakeholders regarding the status of a game.
* Develop, manage, and document game-related IT procedures.
* Design, implement, and document game-related IT automation.
* Document game-related IT systems.
* Provide game-related IT training.
* Act as subject-matter expert to teams throughout the organization.

Requirements
* Undergraduate degree or 3+ years of related IT experience
* Experience with IT systems design, implementation practices, and approaches
* Proficiency with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures
* Solid Perl or Java programming skills
* Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to work in a 24x7 on-call position
* Ability to travel up to 6 weeks out of a year
* Very strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, meeting management, and conflict resolution
* Strong problem solving skills: innovation, collaboration, analysis, inductive reasoning
* Strong desire to learn and work with multiple applications, tools and technologies
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful; ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance

How do I apply for this position?
Send your résumé and relevant material to: careers@trionworld.com.
Please put first name/last name: Title of position in the subject line of your email.

About Trion World Network
Trion World Network, Inc. is the publisher and developer of games and original entertainment for the connected world. Trion provides groundbreaking new capabilities and content to revolutionize global entertainment by combining the best elements of online, gaming, and traditional media. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, and with a Technology Center in Austin, Texas, Trion combines unrivaled experience and vision in the online entertainment industry with a world-class team of internet and gaming veterans. Privately held, Trion investors include Time Warner, NBC-Universal, GE, Bertelsmann, Rustic Canyon, DCM and Trinity Ventures.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Rapportus posted:

Welp I got my job at Trion thanks to SA, and so should you! (In fact, you'd be working with many goons!) We're a fresh game publisher start-up with over $100 million in funding. (You may have seen us at E3 this year with our first game, Heroes of Telara, which garnered many "Best Surprise of E3 2009" awards.) This job opportunity is kick-rear end. Every day is an intellectual challenge because you'll be working with some of the most experienced veterans from the gaming industry. (Even if you don't think you qualify, I'd suggest applying because we're looking for talent that can be molded into this role.)

Who we are: Trion World Network, Broadband Games Publisher
Location: Austin, Texas (Northwest Austin near 183 and Braker Ln)
Job Title: Technical Systems Analyst
Job Posting (Apply here): http://www.trionworld.com/career.php?jid=37
Job Description:
That sounds like a fun job, but man, Austin is a bit of a commute from Dallas...

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Rapportus posted:

Welp I got my job at Trion thanks to SA, and so should you!

Hit me up at my email @ tony at gaming-age.com, I have a couple of questions about a position at Trion to inquire about privately.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
edit: opening put on hold, pulled for now

Cavepimp fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 26, 2009

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

Cavepimp posted:

Where: Tigard, OR (about 10 min from downtown Portland)

Guh. This is actually kind of tempting, aside from the 160 mile commute. What's the housing (apartment) market like in that area?

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Actually not too horrible. I was expecting apartment prices to jump, but it seems there are a lot of empty units and prices have dropped a bit. I'm in an apartment right now and the unit next to me has been empty for months, and it's a pretty desirable floor plan.

Definitely possible to find something reasonable on the salary we're talking.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is a pretty awesome area. I live in Vancouver, WA and drive about 25 miles to Beaverton, OR. If I was not already gainfully employed, I would be all over that job posting, Cavepimp.

PS - you should also throw that in the Oregoons or Portland thread.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Cavepimp, is it completely necessary to have MCP? I have A+, but do not have MCP or CCNA. Would you possibly have training for that or maybe have a 90 day window or such? I have a lot of experience as being the general computer guy. I do help desk, light admin work, some SQL, hardware, software, network. A little bit of everything.

Also, I live in Florida, but I don't expect moving help, just extra time before I can start working.

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

Cavepimp posted:

Actually not too horrible. I was expecting apartment prices to jump, but it seems there are a lot of empty units and prices have dropped a bit. I'm in an apartment right now and the unit next to me has been empty for months, and it's a pretty desirable floor plan.

I'll rewrite my resume and possibly send something off this weekend. Good to at least see something of this type within a tri-state area that's open.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Spooky Man G posted:

Cavepimp, is it completely necessary to have MCP? I have A+, but do not have MCP or CCNA. Would you possibly have training for that or maybe have a 90 day window or such? I have a lot of experience as being the general computer guy. I do help desk, light admin work, some SQL, hardware, software, network. A little bit of everything.

Also, I live in Florida, but I don't expect moving help, just extra time before I can start working.

The reason the MS certs are so important is because we're a small company and our MS Partner status depends on them. If it's possible to pass one exam relatively quickly I believe that's all we'd need (at least at first) since the owner and I are both MCSE.

In other words, it's important but probably not a deal breaker by itself. Don't let it keep you from sending over your resume.

deylen
Mar 17, 2009
pim01: Is your workplace still looking for programmers? It would be awesome to work with you guys: deylen.t@gmail

deylen fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 17, 2009

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
My experience: 15 years in positions of increasing difficulty and responsibility. Most recently, in charge of I.T. for a local government, managing a $500k budget and two other techs. Asterisk, Vmware ESX, Citrix Xenserver, iSCSI, SQL Server, 911 technologies, electronic voting, Windows servers and desktops, and probably a lot more. Essentially, everything computerized or electronic that a local government does, I had some part in, from the SAN to the GPS tracking in the police cars.
What I'm looking for: Working with interesting technology and people. VOIP, ESX, Xenserver, iSCSI -- I have a broad background and can be pretty flexible.
What I'm NOT looking for: Endless paperwork, meetings, drama, and red tape.
Where I live: Kokomo, IN.
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the USA.
When I can start: Now
Requirements: Health insurance.
Can be reached via: PM, my username @gmail.

echo465 fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 24, 2009

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.
My experience: A little more than a year of on-site technical support via remotely and desk-side at a local hospital. I've worked with lovely proprietary hospital software such as Meditech and Allscripts/Misys. I would say I'm pretty proficient in troubleshooting both but in terms of modules, that was left to our Application support teams. I received numerous commendations from supervisors and upper-management for my ability to work well with the users and to resolve issues quickly. I've also done a lot of web design in my younger years but nothing official.
What I'm looking for: Pretty much anything really as long as the hours are flexible as I am a student attending classes. I don't mind Help Desk level I support at all considering a job is a job. Something that pays fairly well would be greatly appreciated since going to school isn't cheap as everyone would know.
What I'm NOT looking for: A strict work environment where someone isn't even allowed to crack a smile because of fear from the mighty fist of management. But then again, I don't really mind either way. Actually, a job that requires a lot of travelling and in-home support is not my cup of tea.
Where I live: Orlando, FL (Moving into my apt. in about 3-4 weeks)
Where I'm looking: As long as it's within an hour drive, I don't really mind where it is.
When I can start: About 2-3 weeks.
Requirements: My current job has no benefits at all but I work casual pool to make up for it. So benefits would be nice but not required if it is made up via a few more $$$.
Can be reached via: My email address: email.brian.jung at gmail dot com (Yes I have a lot of .s in my name because brian.jung was taken surprisingly.)

Additional information: I already have my A+ Certification and I'm currently pursuing my Network+ and from there it's going to be Microsoft certs ahoy. I got my A.S. in Computer Engineering and am going to be attending the University of Central Florida to get my B.S. in Information Systems Technology. So it wouldn't even be a problem if it was a temporary job.

EDIT: I don't know if this makes any kind of difference but I will be 21 in August and had the title of youngest employee in the I.T. department. I figured it would be a fun fact :)

Thanks for the consideration.

Cizzo fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 15, 2009

Puck42
Oct 7, 2005

Cizzo posted:

I got my A.S. in Computer Engineering and am going to be attending the University of Central Florida to get my B.S. in Information Systems Technology.

Sorry it's OT but,

I graduated from UCF from the IST program and don't know if you know this, but they are closing that college down in 2 years and ending the program. So don't dawdle. Also take any classes with Craiger and avoid Motlagh if you can.

http://ucf-ent.pbworks.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Puck42 posted:

Sorry it's OT but,

I graduated from UCF from the IST program and don't know if you know this, but they are closing that college down in 2 years and ending the program. So don't dawdle. Also take any classes with Craiger and avoid Motlagh if you can.

http://ucf-ent.pbworks.com/

That's awesome. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll do well. Thanks for the tips on the teachers. How was the coursework would you say if you don't mind me asking? Was it actually intriguing?