Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Caucasus Belli posted:

The fact that it appears to be causing the internet's kvlter-than-thov brigade to collectively poo poo itself with indignation also endears it to me somewhat.

I haven't heard the album in question, since I don't like anything put out by 1349 but why would the reactions and opinions of other people ever be a factor in wether or not you like an album?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
He's not saying that people who listen to 1349 are "kvlter-than-thov" but that the same fags who are like "its not raw enough, its not tr00 kvlt, its not the misanthropic stuff i love" are making GBS threads themselves, and I suppose he likes the album for what it's accomplished rather than for the album itself.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
It's that. It doesn't affect my opinion of the music itself, it's more an amusing footnote.

ElectricWizard posted:

Is anyone else here planning to attend Under The Black Sun this year?

I loving wish I could afford to, it's a great lineup and I'd love to see Thorngoth and May Result.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

ElectricWizard posted:

Is anyone else here planning to attend Under The Black Sun this year? Can hardly wait to catch Lifelover live, for their second time ever! :D

I'm going. Gonna see Lifelover for the second time too! You were at the stockholm gig too? Urfaust will own too.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Mordekai posted:

I'm going. Gonna see Lifelover for the second time too! You were at the stockholm gig too? Urfaust will own too.

Nope, unfortunately I couldn't be there, as I couldn't afford the trip from northern Norway. But that just means I could allow myself to cash out for the Berlin-trip this time. :)

I remember checking out Pulver back when it was first released, through a friend of Kim Carlsson. My initial reaction was "woah, if they just clean up the production a bit, this is the next big thing in black metal." Looks like I was right. :smug:

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

ElectricWizard posted:

Is anyone else here planning to attend Under The Black Sun this year? Can hardly wait to catch Lifelover live, for their second time ever! :D

Was kind of thinking of going, but then my plans fell through. :( Do please report back on Darkspace's set, though, anyone who does go.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
Just a reminder that the next iteration of this thread had better be called 'BLACKENED FORGE OF ULTIMATE NIHILISM' ... or else.

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007
Gonna bump this thread with much love for Behemoth's Grom. Especially Lasy Pomorza. Saw some watchable footage of them playing it during the Apostasy tour in 07 and had to shout about it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Mefisto is/was amazing. They're like everything early 90's Norway was, as communicated through speed metal.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Well, Lifelover just canceled their UTBS-performance. God damnit, and I can't cancel my airplane tickets. They better bring in a mind-blowing replacement or I will die inside.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Cold Void is pretty interesting. Other than it having suicidal track titles it sounds pretty cool. It's like they recorded it on a track tape, then digitized it and ran it through a reverb filter or something. Pretty slow at times but other times it speeds up and has a cool beat.

Edit: talkin about the song "Hope For Ending Pain... Suicide"
Now that I read his myspace, looks like he killed himself, haha

Hung Yuri fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 10, 2009

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

ElectricWizard posted:

Well, Lifelover just canceled their UTBS-performance. God damnit, and I can't cancel my airplane tickets. They better bring in a mind-blowing replacement or I will die inside.

WHAT. THE. gently caress!

Well, I'm not going then. Gonna catch the next show though, unless it's in South America. They are great live.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Mordekai posted:

WHAT. THE. gently caress!

Well, I'm not going then. Gonna catch the next show though, unless it's in South America. They are great live.

They've announced some more German shows, check their MySpace.

D.B. Cooper
May 26, 2009
Im definitely digging the new Code album Resplendent Grotesque. They've taken the project further into a ved buens ende sort of sound which im sure will have all the tr00 grimsters denouncing them faster than you can say close minded knuckle dragger.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Alas, it sounds like the new album from Deströyer 666 will not disappoint. Its called, Defiance and comes out on July 14th in the US (June 22nd in Europe). You can hear one track, A Stand Defiant here...

http://www.myspace.com/destroyer666band

Besides a new Immortal, this has me the most excited for blackened goodness.

Defiance has leaked and it's drat well tasty blackened thrash!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Caucasus Belli posted:

It's like a little clutch of experiments more than a coherant album, but it's well worth listening to and contains some excellent material (Uncreation is the best thing they've ever recorded imho)

drat that song is good.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

ElectricWizard posted:

Well, gonna see if I can combine it with Wacken. Would like not to (ie. would really like) travel to Germany twice this summer.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Mordekai posted:

Well, gonna see if I can combine it with Wacken. Would like not to (ie. would really like) travel to Germany twice this summer.

Going by your avatar, do you know if Urfaust are worth seeing live? I'll probably try seeing them, Darkspace, and Darkmoon Warrior at UtBS.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

ElectricWizard posted:

Ah, just saw the dates. Prolly gonna se them then. They own live.

ElectricWizard posted:

Going by your avatar, do you know if Urfaust are worth seeing live? I'll probably try seeing them, Darkspace, and Darkmoon Warrior at UtBS.

The date of UtBS was kinda bad anyway, Urfaust was my other reason to go though. I'd love to see them live.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Gonna keep this thread going with Nefarium. Pretty good black/death out of Italy, but it is a bit hyper-blasty. The drummer Garghuf will be playing with God Seed for a couple shows this summer.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
So what gives?!? I thought the new Shining album, VI/Klagopsalmer was finally suppose to get released this week. Has it been delayed yet again? You can't find it with any of the normal online retailers and even the band itself has posted on their myspace page to ask Osmose Productions about it's distribution.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
The new Arckanum rules and is a return to form. Much better than Antikosmos.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

So what gives?!? I thought the new Shining album, VI/Klagopsalmer was finally suppose to get released this week. Has it been delayed yet again? You can't find it with any of the normal online retailers and even the band itself has posted on their myspace page to ask Osmose Productions about it's distribution.

We haven't received the promo yet, either. Apparently they discovered that the album cover has already been used by another band (Klage), so they had to change it at the last minute. I'm really getting tired of waiting for this album now.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

How good would it be if Cuntforth would kill himself over not getting to use the album cover he wanted or something similar.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Kaiho posted:

How good would it be if Cuntforth would kill himself over not getting to use the album cover he wanted or something similar.

Even if he is a douchebag, the music is pretty great, so that would kind of suck.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Not Very Metal posted:

Gonna keep this thread going with Nefarium. Pretty good black/death out of Italy, but it is a bit hyper-blasty. The drummer Garghuf will be playing with God Seed for a couple shows this summer.

So is Frost just the studio drummer or what?

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

WatermelonGun posted:

So is Frost just the studio drummer or what?

You mean for old Gorgoroth/God Seed? Yes, I think that's right. I want to say he's toured with the pre-split Gorgoroth as well, but don't quote me.

I almost want Frost to play drums on everything ever, but obviously that would lead to a lot of boring, predictable BM. Oh well.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Has anyone else heard of this German band Valborg and their newest album Glorification of Pain that Tom from Celtic Frost is singing the praises of?

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
I've just ordered the debut album by Pensées Nocturnes, Vacuum, based on what I heard on their MySpace. PN is an ambient/depressive black metal solo project from France with a very strong classical influence. I came across them/him while searching for stuff similar to Gris and A Forest of Stars. Really looking forward to getting that CD.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Looks like Marduk got their visa situation sorted out, and are going to be playing some secret shows in the US this August. Also have a new album and world tour, supposedly to be done before the end of the year!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122145

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
It'll be interesting to compare the new Marduk with Funeral Mist's latest

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Caucasus Belli posted:

It'll be interesting to compare the new Marduk with Funeral Mist's latest

Maranatha was a pretty powerful piece, it's clever use of lyrics and samples made for some drat good listening. Will be pretty hard to top most of that album, IMO.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I stumbled on Kawir a few hours ago, I'm really enjoying their stuff.

Hellenic Black Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOjFK6-MU8

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
^^ Cool stuff, the vocalist reminds me of Satyr. Gonna check out more this afternoon.

I miss this thread. Anyway, looks like the new Gorgoroth album is all set for release this October. Also marks the return of Pest on vocals!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122879

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Ok, I finally go a hold of the new Shining album, VI/Klagopsalmer. I guess they were album to decide on an alternate cover or whatever. Despite Kvarforth being a complete attention whore, I think it's actually pretty good and maybe even better than V - Halmstad. Anyone else heard it yet?

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
I still prefer Halmstad, but Klagopsalmer is very impressive

It also sounds a lot better live, so if you haven't had the pleasure of hearing any tracks from it in a live set yet, look forward to it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Yeah, I imagine seeing Kvarforth live is part of the whole experience that doesn't really come through on CD.

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.
I didn't like it on the first listen when compared with Halmstad, however after a couple of days it's really grown on me. It seems a whole lot more focused vocally and musically, though I still crave those unbelievably tasteful guitar leads and snare fills that Halmstad brought.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Caucasus Belli posted:

I still prefer Halmstad, but Klagopsalmer is very impressive

It also sounds a lot better live, so if you haven't had the pleasure of hearing any tracks from it in a live set yet, look forward to it.

I think it sounds better on disc. This mix is loving flawless. Especially on Crushed dreams & broken promises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I've been scrounging around for more Hellenic black metal from Greece. Zemial have been around since '89 and have sustained themselves for the most part on EPs and splits, but never put out a full album until 2006. They've got some really neat-o stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFG1JTnCw1A

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 8, 2009