Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

VideoTapir posted:

I wonder what other boards are compatible...you could be looking at 2 up Sega Rally, Out Run, and whatever else for a couple hundred more.

Did you ask the wife?

Welp, look what was in the back of my shop about an hour ago.

Holy christ they're heavy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hahah daytona kicks rear end.

I love the 4th to 2nd gear powerslide at 150mph around a hairpin. The poo poo thing was most arcades had the short lap count around where I lived, but when you had the full race length it was awesome.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Why buy a Mitsubishi Evolution when you could rent a Lancer that looks just like it? This is a deal few could a resist!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1170106516.html

Rent my car posted:

Why buy when you can rent my car... - $250 (houston texas)
Reply to: sale-v6wwa-1170106516@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-14, 3:23AM CDT

Save your money from buying a car and rent mine... I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer looks just like an Evo it s not a bad lookin car plus it has nice enki rims on 17' tinted windows great for the heat.... and you save sooo much more instead of jumping into a new car or used from the dealer...so while you are struggling through these tough times send me an email at lisarozo@att.net only if your interested....
only 250 a month

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1170106516

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1164173841.html

WIDEBODY COBALT, YO! posted:

2005 SS/SC Cobalt Widebody sell/trade - $21000 (Lake Jackson, tx)
Reply to:sale-9dwre-1164173841@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-10, 5:40PM CDT

PLEASE LOW MILES TRADES
please if you have any questions ask
Build by the profesionals at Gravana tuning.This car was build in a 6 month period for the
legendary car show and expo SEMA. It is truly amazing is every aspect, the cosmetics include
AMG wide body kit that was custom fabricated to fit the 05 Chevy Cobalt off of the limited edition
AMG SL550. Fiber lab set the car up with a VIS carbon fiber hood, Tenzo carbon fiber spoiler, and
custom made a trunk, and the entire dash and pillars were replaced with the super light wieght carbon.
Tenzo aslo provided their top of the line racing seats. The dash was fitted with Autometer engine
monitoring systems. The audio was set up by the profesions from "Over Hauling" the head unit is a Clarion flip up, touch screen. Mids, Highs, and Lows are all Boston Acoustics high out put compitision sets. K&N Typhoon cold air intake system. SSBC worked day and night to custom fabricate a full stainless exhaust, header back feeding the carbon fiber Tenzo low to high tone muffler. Racing Hart provided the J8’s 19x9.5front 19x10.5rear, wrapped in Dunlops finest rubber, 245/35-19front 275/30-19rear.
This is a one of a kind custom make for SEMA. Made by the professionals at Gravanatuning.com It has received best in show in 12 of 13 shows, majority in the LA region. This car has been babied!!! Tires have never been spun. I have never had anything wrong with it. Oil changes every 1000miles. It has never seen rain or a wet road, stayed in a garage all its life. This is the most sought after car in the region. I really don't want to sell this beautiful machine, but I am moving in the next few months so I need to. Save over $30000 on this car. $21000 and she is all yours!!! I have alot more pictures just ask. I am willing to trade for something new or old, major mods or not, just send me and offer.
This cobalt was factory tuned from GM to 253hp at 14psi boost, and you can hear the whine difference.
Stock 05 SS/SC Cobalt- $25,000
AMG Wide body kit with install
Carbon Fiber Ram Air Hood
Carbon Fiber Trunk
Tenzo Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Modern Image carbon fiber mirrors
RacingHart J8's 19x9.5front 19x10.5rear
Dunlop 245/35-19front 275/30-19rear
Ekskin Custom grafics
K&N COLD AIR
Custom down pipe and Exhaust w/ carbon fiber muffler
B&M short shifter
Tenzo rally/racing seats
Gravana seat brackets
Tenzo seat sliders
Schroth Harnesses
Fiber Lab CUSTOM true Carbon Fiber dash, Console, pillars, bezels & panels
Custom Suede door inserts
AutoMeter Nexus gauges,
oil pres, oil temp, water temp, exhaust temp, PSI Boost, custom mounts
SSBC Front & Rear BIG Brake kit w/ red Calipers
Boston S60's, S95's, G2 12" DVC competition sup, GT20 amp, GT40amp
Clarion Head unit w/ flip out LCD monitor
Fiberglass box/enclosure
Neons in trunk
J&B CUSTOM install
Ekstensive best in the south air bags and custom install
This car has over 1000 man hours!!
Total= $62870
I also have a stage 1 spec clutch ill throw in for free.
For only $21000!!!

Trades: evo, 350z, rx7/8, s2k, s14 240, is300, gsx, a4, e46, sti, sc, g35, denali, first gen camaro, new body mustang gt, lightning

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

You know, if you lost the wing and painted it flat back, that would actually look pretty darn good. And that really is a fairly tame build list as these things go. It even comes with "grafics"

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 13, 2009

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
poster nailed the title on this one

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1219772305.html

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

metalhead posted:

Click here for the full 923x832 image.

Fast and Smoth indeed.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Poisonlizard posted:

Fast and Smoth indeed.

Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity: Fast and smoth

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

metalhead posted:

The 190D has to be the slowest Benz ever made so that's some upgrade. Very smoth.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

metalhead posted:

I notice that that's not using a MAF sensor like most EFI 5.0 swaps would which leaves a few possibilities. Its using ftermarket EFI to decide what to do or its using EEC-IV speed density which is terrible and as far as I know only came ont he Mark VII high po 5.0. All the other 5.0 Speed Density cars are lo-po motors. There's a pretty good chance that 230 is packing a 150HP flat tappet boat anchor.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When you turn on the turn signals, the flasher blinks out "kill me" in morse code.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1221647979.html

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
"One of a kind" = "no one would be so incredibly stupid as to try this again"

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

VideoTapir posted:

When you turn on the turn signals, the flasher blinks out "kill me" in morse code.

It reminds me of a beer gut hanging over a belt.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

I like the squinty, suspicious look of the headlights. It's as if the car is saying "Hey, is that fiberglass? You said you weren't going to do any mor-"

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

I'm sorry, that actually looks kind of cool for a beetle body kit.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

VideoTapir posted:

Looks like a wanna-be Oettinger

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Jorsh posted:

I'm sorry, that actually looks kind of cool for a beetle body kit.

You sir, need to get your mind out of the fiberglassed gutter.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
Just checking the local CL listing and found these gems:

1948 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon ...How is there even any wood left?

1950 Buick '___'

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Real gold, to anyone looking for a project or a parts car. The pictures don't tell for sure how far gone it is, but the price looks to be right.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1225312540.html

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

VideoTapir posted:

Real gold, to anyone looking for a project or a parts car. The pictures don't tell for sure how far gone it is, but the price looks to be right.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1225312540.html

"has sat in the yard for three years" and "no rust" in the same sentence! Amazing! Must have been shrink wrapped!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well in the poor MGBs defense, it only saw 12 inches of rain per year. drat it is a midget.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Doctor Zero posted:

"has sat in the yard for three years" and "no rust" in the same sentence! Amazing! Must have been shrink wrapped!

Arizonans, would that actually be true in your climate?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Arizona thunder storms are really really big, so no.

Unless it was like, Death Valley. But the last time I went to Death Valley it snowed. Maybe I'm just cursed.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

kimbo305 posted:

Pretty much. But expect every rubber part exposed to sunlight to be cracked, many plastics to be hardened and cracked, and paints and other finishes to have flaked off.

Rust is pretty much not a problem...but in exchange you get other problems. They're still a big deal (paint is a big deal, weatherstripping is a big deal), but I think most people would still take them.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When was the last time you saw one of these?

(also, when was the last time you saw a J-body for 2400 bucks?)

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1228905238.html

Innocent Bystander
May 8, 2007
Born in the LOLbarn.
Its also funny because it looks like he is saying there is some cash located near the airport, as if the ad is some sort of treasure map. Hmm, I'm going to decode it.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

VideoTapir posted:

When was the last time you saw one of these?

You hear that? It is the sound of a thousand hipsters tripping in their too-tight jeans as they RUN to buy that car.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Tai-Pan posted:

You hear that? It is the sound of a thousand hipsters tripping in their too-tight jeans as they RUN to buy that car.

J bodies are hipster cars?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Paul Boz_ posted:

J bodies are hipster cars?

Well, the car of choice is a Ford LTD, but those are harder and harder to find.
If you happen to walk past Beauty Bar on 6th in Austin you will see the streets littered with J-bodies which work as a substitute. Blue, preferably faded if possible.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
J bodies aren't even ironically bad, K cars used to be the shitpile of choice for the smug rear end in a top hat, I can't even remember how many Reliants were in the parking lot at high school. That and pickups made from 1974 to 1989.

Hipster Chrylsers are the big thing, nothing is more smug-ironic than an 80s Dodge Caravan.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
Speaking of Beetles

$6k for a 71 ragtop?

Click here for the full 1264x982 image.

Beer Coaster
Jul 30, 2002

Is it a common thing to have Miatas at a "Britsh" car show?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Honorary British. They were modeling the Miata on old British roadsters in every respect except reliability.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Beer Coaster posted:

Is it a common thing to have Miatas at a "Britsh" car show?

An older lady asked me if my Miata was a Triumph Spitfire. I had the hood up and the lights up so it might have been a bit easier to confuse. But I think some people apply the same sentiment they have for those roadsters towards Miatas as well.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/cto/1210458654.html

Utah Guy posted:

Monster Garage-Skool Bus - $7000 (Hurricane)
Reply to: sale-t3jrz-1210458654@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-07, 7:31PM MDT

Don't miss out on this piece of television history

This Bus is a 1989 Ford Econoline, that was transformed into a Pontoon Boat on the hit show Monster Garage on the Discovery Channel. It was made by Jesse James and the crew on the first season of moster garage. I have the DVD and you can actually see them start with it stock and custumize it into the pontoon boat. It was a pretty touch build for them, making a school bus actually float, and cruise around lake Havassu. It is awsome to see. This was one ot the most popular builds of the show, they made toys of the skool bus, you can look them up online. The Bus does run great. Please contact me with any questions that you have 435-229-4747 Thanks Shane

Guy posted it again on the Las Vegas cl a couple of days ago:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/1228306124.html

Man With Floating Bus posted:

...Date: 2009-06-18, 1:58PM PDT

Don't miss out on this piece of Television History!!!!

This Bus is a 1989 Econoline school bus, that was transformed into a Pontoon boat on the Hit tv show Monster Garage. It was made by Jesse James and the crew on the first season of Monster Garage. This Bus actully floats on water. I have the DVD of season one and you can watch them start from scratch and transform this bus in to a boat. It is so cool. It was a tough build for them. They take it to lake havassu and cruise around the lake. The Bus runs great. I will consider trading for ATVS, Scooters, Boat, Rhino, Ect...

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Unfortunately, that's only a grand or two off being a normal price depending on area-specific prices. :(

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Hypnolobster posted:

Unfortunately, that's only a grand or two off being a normal price depending on area-specific prices. :(

In poo poo condition?

For a Super Beetle?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Convertibles command way higher prices for no good reason (they made less). It's pretty stupid.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Hypnolobster posted:

Convertibles command way higher prices for no good reason (they made less). It's pretty stupid.

This is the VW equivalent of the mustang in that thread that shall not be named.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Rare AMG Mitsubishi Gallant.

http://www.j-specimports.ca/index.php?page=list/index.php?ID=14862

Paris Dakar Pajero.

http://www.j-specimports.ca/index.php?page=list/index.php?ID=14874

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Baby Hitler posted:

Hipster Chrylsers are the big thing, nothing is more smug-ironic than an 80s Dodge Caravan.

I live near a hipster central and I still don't get what smug-ironic is all about.
driving an 80s Dodge Caravan today would have that retro asthetic they all like.
But where does smugly ironic come in?

Ten tears from now we'll look back on all of this and go WTF.