Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
No Way Fest is next week. It is going to be loving awesome. Zero Boys, Carbonas, Nitad, Smart Cops, and so much other sweet poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

Kelley Geuscaulk posted:

Soma sucks balls ever since they moved to Midway area and the owner is a little bitch (but that's another story). Che is awesome but pretty small. In Mira Mesa there's an all ages venue called Epicenter. And there is The Jumping Turtle in North County that's all ages as well but I've never been there. Another cool place in SD (not all ages) is Brick by Brick and also Dreamsteet for the bar music scene. They get a lot of metal and poo poo like that.

Don't go to LA that much but they got Chain Reaction. Just saw Disembodied there and I really liked it. Sound could have been a little better. In Pomona they got the Showcase, which is also all ages. Showcase is a really cool venue. Saw Unbroken/Undertow/Threadbare there a few weekends ago and was very impressed.

Just to clarify, Chain Reaction is in Anaheim and the Pomona venue is called Glasshouse.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Just saw Leftover Crack and the Casualties at the Ottobar in Baltimore, Md. Show was pretty good but staff was a bunch of pricks. Friend was thrown out for stage diving halfway through; literally tossed out on the pavement. Who the gently caress does this anymore?

Kelley Geuscaulk
Jun 5, 2009

lifeloveregret posted:

Just to clarify, Chain Reaction is in Anaheim and the Pomona venue is called Glasshouse.

That's right! The Showcase is in Corona. I like that venue a lot too.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Friend was thrown out for stage diving halfway through; literally tossed out on the pavement. Who the gently caress does this anymore?

The Casbah for one. When I saw the Asian Man Records Tour there a friend got tossed for stage diving. Pretty silly.

Grigori Rasputin
Aug 21, 2000
WE DON'T NEED ROME TELLING US WHAT TO DO
Shithead toughguys with no respect for others' bodies + space = not punk

go back to BAWSTON

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Rorschach is playing shows, maybe going to NY to see them.

Wizard Mannequin
Oct 20, 2004

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Just saw Leftover Crack and the Casualties at the Ottobar in Baltimore, Md. Show was pretty good but staff was a bunch of pricks. Friend was thrown out for stage diving halfway through; literally tossed out on the pavement. Who the gently caress does this anymore?

Staff at venues is usually pretty on edge at LoC shows, for understandable reasons.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Staff at venues is usually pretty on edge at LoC shows, for understandable reasons.

Yea I can see why but at the Ottobar at least, it's been a more recent thing. Saw them last year and staff was pretty chill about stage diving. This year they toss out anyone who gets on stage and search everyone at the door for weapons, a bit too much for a show I say.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I just saw Crooked Ways and Reviver play, easily one of the better shows I've been to. Crooked Ways new songs are great. I wish Leftover Crack was coming to Portland.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Speaking of portland, that's another city with good shows but lovely loving venues. Hawthorne Theater can suck my dick.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

Posted awhile ago on the b9er but here is soundboard quality of burning fight
http://www.b9board.com/viewtopic.php?t=611944

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

RunTo TheHills posted:

Speaking of portland, that's another city with good shows but lovely loving venues. Hawthorne Theater can suck my dick.

For the most part yes, but I love the Satyricon. Although there is a lack of houses doing shows. Recently it seems like a lot of them have stopped doing shows.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Kalit posted:

For the most part yes, but I love the Satyricon. Although there is a lack of houses doing shows. Recently it seems like a lot of them have stopped doing shows.

Yeah, but how many decent shows are there at the Satyricon? Not many.

And the only house show i've been to in the past 2 years was at the Orphanage, and I played so that doesn't really count. :/

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
war hungry's split 7" with bad seed getting is getting released at sound and fury in case anyone hasn't heard, bet its gonna be dank -_-

I only have Bad Seed's EP idk if they have other stuff or what but it's loving killer!

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
The Gifthorse from Brisbane, Australia just released their new EP yesterday. It's absolutely incredible. This is a band that have grown and matured so much over the last two years it's not even funny. Great people, and well deserving of the attention they're getting at the moment (well, in Australia anyway!).

https://www.myspace.com/thegifthorseband

Check out the cover of Don't Tear It Down by Spy vs. Spy. It's so loving good.

For fans of Samiam/Small Brown Bike/Jawbreaker/HWM etc.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Holy poo poo, I saw Magrudergrind and Unholy Grave last night. poo poo was awesome and they've got a lot of tour dates so see them if they're coming near.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C1KQHIGP

This is a few songs off of Punish gently caress's demo. They are from Indianapolis and I've only seen them play once in a crowded rear end basement, it was an awesome time and they put on a great show!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Paintbox - Trip, Trance & Travelling CD: Best album of 2009, 2010, and possibly 2011 as well. Holy loving poo poo.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Paintbox - Trip, Trance & Travelling CD: Best album of 2009, 2010, and possibly 2011 as well. Holy loving poo poo.

Gonna go grab this right now. I love me some Paintbox.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Bit late on the posting, but if you've missed the demos by former Cursed/The Swarm/etc members, you can find the self-uploaded Burning Love and Mature Situations demos here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1fp5fs
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwrgwf

Really enjoyed both.

The Man The Legend
Dec 17, 2006
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
Set Your Goals has some new songs up from their upcoming album... theyre pretty great

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
As much as I'd like to believe that, they've disappointed me so much in the last few years.

Listening anyways...

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Zero Boys are the best band ever. Maybe the sweetest live band I have ever seen and I get to see them again tomorrow. So awesome.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
The Briggs are a very good band.

Someone recommend 90s emo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I saw the Briggs open for the Souls last year

It was intense

Souls blew them out of the water but it was still really good

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
so I just found out that my Tenpeun cd has a movie of some La Quiete tour/live footage, I can put it on youtube or something if anyone wants.

Does anyone have the Daniel Striped Tiger DVD It Was? I really want to see it.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Competition posted:

The Briggs are a very good band.

Someone recommend 90s emo.

Moss Icon - one of my favorite bands ever
Still Life
Rites of Spring
Embrace
Christie Front Drive
Braid
Boys Life
Don Martin 3
Policy of Three
Baby Harp Seal
Driftwood (band just before still life)
I hate myself
Iconoclast
Indian summer (meeeh, but some people really like them)
Julia - did a split with a band called Sunshine, both are really good
Native Nod
Navio Forge
Ordination of Aaron
Portraits of Past and their other bands; Funeral Diner, Who Calls So Loud
Shotmaker
Spirit Assembly
Tiny Hawks is kinda like this, just super chaotic and awesome
Universal Order Of Armageddon
1000 Travels Of Jawaharlal is kinda 90's emo/screamo but are really awesome.
Elder - newish band from PA, also really good. new LP coming out that i'm pretty stoked for.
There is a split by two bands called Hoover and Lincoln that is really good if you can find it.

I'm always up for more recommendations too.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

where can I buy 1000 Travels Of Jawaharlal's poo poo

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Iron Lung posted:

Moss Icon - one of my favorite bands ever
Still Life
Rites of Spring
Embrace
Christie Front Drive
Braid
Boys Life
Don Martin 3
Policy of Three
Baby Harp Seal
Driftwood (band just before still life)
I hate myself
Iconoclast
Indian summer (meeeh, but some people really like them)
Julia - did a split with a band called Sunshine, both are really good
Native Nod
Navio Forge
Ordination of Aaron
Portraits of Past and their other bands; Funeral Diner, Who Calls So Loud
Shotmaker
Spirit Assembly
Tiny Hawks is kinda like this, just super chaotic and awesome
Universal Order Of Armageddon
1000 Travels Of Jawaharlal is kinda 90's emo/screamo but are really awesome.
Elder - newish band from PA, also really good. new LP coming out that i'm pretty stoked for.
There is a split by two bands called Hoover and Lincoln that is really good if you can find it.

I'm always up for more recommendations too.

Capn' jazz kind of, but they were more about the Midwestern indie sound than straight up emo.

Kelley Geuscaulk
Jun 5, 2009

Iron Lung posted:

Still Life
Shotmaker

These bands are great and I highly recommend them.

If you like those, also check out Maximilian Colby and Four Hundred Years

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Iron Lung posted:

I didn`t hear about this. Their 10`` was loving great.

EDIT: To add to the 90s stuff. Amber Inn, Bob Tilton, Current, Heroin, Clikatat Ikatowi, Portrait. Theres tons more but those are some I didn't notice in that list.

rivals fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 27, 2009

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
I saw Your Demise last night, in some sort of little village hall social club thing. It was a tiny place. It was awesome!

Spliff
Sep 16, 2005

i love choking myself when i cum.
Has anyone else listened to Owen's(Mike Kinsella) new EP , the seaside EP? its a bunch of songs from japanese releases but theres some really good stuff on there. And his new album comes out in September.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So for the six people that aren't me that like Screeching Weasel, Ben released The Brain That Wouldn't Die last week

I picked it up on emusic and maaaaan it's good

I mean it's nothing new but it's still really fun

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
also this happened:
http://www.financial-ruin.com/ruin/

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

RagingPawn posted:

I saw Your Demise last night, in some sort of little village hall social club thing. It was a tiny place. It was awesome!

Hardest working band in the UK, I think it was '06 where they did close to 200 shows in that one year, all whilst holding down part time jobs. I also think that was the year with the "incident" in Belgium.

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

Iron Lung posted:

also this happened:
http://www.financial-ruin.com/ruin/

well gently caress, i guess i'm going to have to order one of these.

Spliff
Sep 16, 2005

i love choking myself when i cum.
Oh man, so whos going to Significant fest in a couple weeks?

Guns Up!, Until The End, Kids Like Us are headlining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I thought Guns Up! broke up a year or so ago?