Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Bahamutsrage posted:

:siren: NEW CAR ALERT :siren:

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster :)

I feel like a loving little kid driving this thing. I actually look forward to going to work just to drive it out there. It's my first BMW, first manual and first 2 seater/convertible :D

hahah but the weird (to me) thing is I already got some poo poo and hate for buying it from different owners (mostly 350Z guys) saying it's a stupid car, weak, etc. I couldn't fit in a S2000 as comfortable as I wanted to and it was a dealbreaker for me. I test drove the Z4 not expecting much but I fell in love with it. I love the gearbox, stiff ride, drop top and the fact that I don't have to play as a taxi anymore.

That's one of the cars I love but will never own. An '03 Z4 3.0i Roadster will cost me $70,000 over here in Denmarkland. Curse our high taxes on cars. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bahamutsrage posted:

:siren: NEW CAR ALERT :siren:
Gorgeous.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Bahamutsrage posted:

hahah but the weird (to me) thing is I already got some poo poo and hate for buying it from different owners (mostly 350Z guys) saying it's a stupid car, weak, etc.

Make sure to point out that the 350Z roadster is one of the ugliest cars on the road. :) Nice Z4, I've always thought that the tail lights were kind of a throwback to roundie 2002s!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm not a huge fan of the Z4 but no one can deny the awesomeness of a new car. Congrats! :D

GET EM SLUGGER
Jun 1, 2002

Way2slow posted:

Typhoon, GTO, Solstice
Typhoon is the new project, runs strong, needs some rust work in the rear and front quarter panels, other than that is in decent shape.

A Typhoon is one of my dream projects for one of these days. I don't know what it is about them, but I've had a hard on for them for years. Will you be making a project thread for it?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
hah, that Z4 could eat a 350Z, and it's at least 11 times meaner and better looking.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

The Third Man posted:

hah, that Z4 could eat a 350Z, and it's at least 11 times meaner and better looking.

Am I the only one who hates the look of the Z4?

I don't know jack about the performance aspect, but I can honestly say that the look of the Z4 shows everything that is wrong with BMW designers these days. Blah.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

DILLIGAF posted:

I don't know jack about the performance aspect, but I can honestly say that the look of the Z4 shows everything that is wrong with BMW designers these days. Blah.

I don't dislike it, but it's not my favorite of the Z series. If I had to put them in order I think I'd go

Z8
Z3 Coupe
Z4 Coupe
Z4 Roadster
Z1
Z3 Roadster

Mmmmmm Z8.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DILLIGAF posted:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the Z4

I was trying to be nice. :(

It looks wonky to me.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DILLIGAF posted:

You guys are crazy. The z4 is gorgeous-the M coupe is even sexier.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

metalhead posted:

Every time I see a picture of one of these I just sigh heavily and imagine myself driving one and zone out for a couple minutes.

Tatrakrad
May 14, 2007

I cited my sources and all he said was, "owned owned owned owned owned"

metalhead posted:

And thats why they discontinued it.
(No plans to revive a hardtop for the new Z4)

drat them for ruining their sports coupe with a folding hardtop while some of us are still decades away from being able to afford one. :argh:

Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

A Typhoon is one of my dream projects for one of these days. I don't know what it is about them, but I've had a hard on for them for years. Will you be making a project thread for it?

There's already kinda one going "I needed an unreliable SUV". I haven't added anything in awhile, because all I've really done since I got it two weeks ago is that I had the motor mounts replaced because I didn't have the necessary tools to do it, and I've gone through and replaced a lot of vacuum lines. Once I get into it where I'm pulling off fenders for replacement, and replacing the tailgate (rust remediation), it'll see more activity. I already have the replacement panels, I just need to get them soda blasted and painted black. That's money that I don't have seeing as I just bought the thing, I forgot to figure taxes and registration into the equation, and accidentally made two mortgage payments in the same month. So I have to build funds up next month for it.

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:

Kindridx posted:

That's quite a nice car to have.

metalhead posted:

yeah

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I'll probably never get used to the Bangle bulge (you know, the sort of "love handles" at the bottom of the side panels on the Z4 and the 1-series). And now it's struck the new Audi A4 as well :(

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:
Bangle is a trendsetter and his influence is seen everywhere.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
You say "influence", I say "metastasis"...

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I only really like the Z4, not so hot on the rest.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I do really like the profile of the Z4, not so much the front of it. I bet it's fun as hell to drive, but I don't think I'd ever describe its look as "mean" It's too small to be mean, isn't it? I don't know, maybe it's just this American bigger is better culture I was raised in. We also like our torque!

samjack56
Dec 26, 2007
I was just given a 1968 Ford LTD with only 53k miles on it that was originally purchased in Napa, CA by my Great Grandmother.

samjack56 fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 30, 2009

sacre
Jan 26, 2007
nice. Is it a one-owner? Any more details?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

davebo posted:

I do really like the profile of the Z4, not so much the front of it. I bet it's fun as hell to drive, but I don't think I'd ever describe its look as "mean" It's too small to be mean, isn't it? I don't know, maybe it's just this American bigger is better culture I was raised in. We also like our torque!

Well, the lines that run down the body remind me of a cobra, with the long sweeping curve from the nose of the car to the way it arcs and flares over the rear wheels. It gives it a very planted and aggressive stance. At least that's what it looks like to me.

samjack56
Dec 26, 2007

sacre posted:

nice. Is it a one-owner? Any more details?

My great grandma bought it off the lot, it was registered to my grandpa (her son) later on then it was registered to my dad, now it's mine.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

samjack56 posted:

I was just given a 1968 Ford LTD with only 53k miles on it that was originally purchased in Napa, CA by my Great Grandmother.

That's awesome I love LTD's. I have a 71' convertible with a 429. What does yours have in it?

Penis Colada
May 21, 2009
Oh yeah. My car has a nice rear end.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

Penis Colada posted:

Oh yeah. My car has a huge rear end.

All kidding aside, how have you found it to live with? My sister has been looking at these and I'm wondering how upkeep/reliability has been?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I took some pictures today, since it was nice out for a change. This was my favorite of the bunch.

(click for larger)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Penis Colada posted:

Oh yeah. My car has a nice rear end.

Badonkadonk arse more like it

samjack56
Dec 26, 2007

SFH1989 posted:

That's awesome I love LTD's. I have a 71' convertible with a 429. What does yours have in it?

It has a 390 :)

Rottbott
Jul 27, 2006
DMC
Just bought this:

It's very fast and I like it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
What is it? (I feel really stupid that I don't know this)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rottbott posted:

That is an utter beauty! Be still my beating heart :swoon:

Also, you're the embodiment of :smug: in the first picture, and I sure can't blame you. It's perfect.

Rottbott
Jul 27, 2006
DMC
I'd had it for about 24 hours at that point, so yeah I was!

It's an Alpine A610, successor to the GTA. Quite rare in the UK.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Doing some fuel delivery troubleshooting last night.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

samjack56 posted:

It has a 390 :)

Cool, does it need any work?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rottbott posted:

Just bought this:

That is sexy as hell, i've only seen like one of those and that was in the goodwood carpark. What one is it the 2.5 turbo?

samjack56
Dec 26, 2007

SFH1989 posted:

Cool, does it need any work?

It needs a new battery, battery cables, fluids changed, and belts. The front windshield has a crack right in the middle from top to bottom so will be replaced eventually.. and the only real physical damage to the outside is where my grandma backed into a pole and sort of dented above the left tail light and the top of the roof is deteriorating in the sun. Inside the car the seats are in great shape the original floor mats are still clean however the dash is cracked in two places and above the back seats the fabric under the window has also been deteriorating in the sun.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Rottbott posted:

Just bought this:

Mirrored Aviator sunglasses are the only appropriate shades for that car. loving awesome ride man *walks away in jealousy*

Dallas Blue
Sep 18, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Them troops need supportin!!! :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Idiot race posted:

What one is it the 2.5 turbo?

According to wikipedia, all A610's had 3.0 V6 turbo engines, with either 250 or 280 hp.