Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can I Phaser You
Dec 8, 2006

fuk dis moss covered rock

waar posted:

Wait what the heck, ok these aren't actual episodes just little clips

:smith:

Day ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I've been going through Stargate SG-1 on Hulu as they add new seasons. I wished they'd just upload them all now; this waiting is starting to get annoying, and it is a long series, so I've got a lot left to go.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Leviathan posted:

Regarding Deadwood, the story arc with the reverend is one of the most brilliant ones I've seen in awhile and it works on so many levels, both in the show and allegorically. Also, the scene where Mr. Wu illustratively describes the opium robbery to Swearengen is goddamned hilarious. I highly recommend binging through this show.

Just finished the first season. I thought it started rather slowly (especially since I'm making my way through Six Feet Under at the same time) but it ends on a strong note.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Human Cow posted:

I'm currently flying through the first season of How I Met Your Mother. I have a feeling that the other 3 seasons aren't going to survive the 3-day weekend coming up.

How I Met Your Mother is one of the most bingeworthy shows I've come across. I easily watched the entire series up to this point within like a week of starting.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
I am burning through Chuck at an alarming rate, only 2 episodes to go!

It's such a fun show, good action and very funny, and my god do I have a crush on Yvonne Strahovski.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005

Ishamael posted:

It's such a fun show, good action and very funny, and my god do I have a crush on Yvonne Strahovski.
It's pretty much impossible not to have one.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just starting the 3rd season of Star Trek TNG. What should I watch after I'm done TNG, Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Just starting the 3rd season of Star Trek TNG. What should I watch after I'm done TNG, Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise?

DS9, everything else is boring. I found DS9 to be fun to watch as you Watch TNG, like it was intended.

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!
Finished Everybody Hates Chris today. I can't say I'm surprised it was up for cancellation before the last episode aired.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Ishamael posted:

The last two episodes are loving fantastic. Holy poo poo, the last episode is up there with some of the best episodic television I've ever watched.

That being said I've been binging through Rome.

I moved in with my ex-wife at about episode six of the original season, and never caught up on the rest. Motherfucking Thirteen did I miss some good poo poo. I have two episodes to go, and from what I gather I have to hold on to my loving hat.

The acting in this 'miniseries' is so thick that one could cut it with a butterknife. I'd pay good money for James Purefoy to read the phone-book derisively. Kevin McKidd conveys the threat of massive violence like few others, his scowl in the Roman helmet has to be seen to be believed.

Tobias Menzies' acting was outstanding. His portrayal of "conviction in the face of duty" was incredible.

Caesar's assassination was captured with so much elegance. The lack of the famous line was fantastic.

Antony's confrontation with Octavian was loving intense. Never seen the like in the US since the '70s.
It's really a 21st century version of I, Claudius.

Why am I spoiling poo poo that happened two thousand years ago?

Recursive fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 1, 2009

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Holy poo poo, I just burned through the first season of Avatar. This should NOT be rated Y7. I hope it keeps going at this pace because the season finally was a doozy.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

LorneReams posted:

Holy poo poo, I just burned through the first season of Avatar. This should NOT be rated Y7. I hope it keeps going at this pace because the season finally was a doozy.

Haha, you have no idea.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
I am now four episodes in to Veronica Mars and my friend told me that it is not a happy-go-lucky show and the ending is not "uplifting." Without spoilers, is this true? I don't wanna get sucked in to a show that's just gonna be depressing and have a sad finale. :(

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Recursive posted:

The last two episodes are loving fantastic. Holy poo poo, the last episode is up there with some of the best episodic television I've ever watched.

Jesus gently caress you weren't kidding! SO AWESOME.

I am so glad this show got picked up for a third season. Hooray for Chuck!

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Count Choculitis posted:

I am now four episodes in to Veronica Mars and my friend told me that it is not a happy-go-lucky show and the ending is not "uplifting." Without spoilers, is this true? I don't wanna get sucked in to a show that's just gonna be depressing and have a sad finale. :(

The season 1 finale isn't really "sad" or "depressing" but in the spirit of the show, it is definitely very dark. Veronica Mars is a mature show that deals with a lot of adult (even taboo) themes, and the finale is very befitting of the series in that respect. Absolutely allow yourself to get sucked into it; just keep in mind that when the show turns to poo poo in season 3, it's the network's fault, not the creators'.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Having seen it all, I think the season 2 finale of Veronica Mars works just fine as a series finale. I wouldn't bother with season 3 at all. Yeah I know there are some plot lines that needed some resolution, I don't care. It just wasn't worth it.

Great show though and definitely worth watching.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No show has survived the jump to college. I would skip season 3 as well.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
Thanks for the advice all. I don't mind sadness as long as it works and isn't just sad to be sad. I loved the BSG finale (even though I don't think my heart can take watching it ever again) because it fit with the show, and as long as this one does, I think I'll be ok.

My friend agreed that there's no point in watching season 3 and he can just summarize it for me. After watching episode 4 I'm hooked on the show, so I'm glad I don't have to stop watching it. I loved the video of Lily at her memorial service, she is hilarious and I think they are doing a fantastic job of getting me attached to her, even though she's been dead the whole show. I've remained totally unspoiled, which is a drat miracle, so I'm really excited to find out what happens.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Can anyone recommend some Half Hour comedies?

I've been binging through Yes Dear, Just Shoot Me, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Two and a Half Men via repeats this summer.

I've stopped recording ELR and King of Queen, because I can't really stand the main cast members (bitchy women and stupid guys), and Yes Dear only has a week left before its over.

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005
It's always sunny in philadelphia

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pillowpants posted:

I've been binging through Yes Dear, Just Shoot Me, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Two and a Half Men via repeats this summer.

I've stopped recording ELR and King of Queen, because I can't really stand the main cast members (bitchy women and stupid guys), and Yes Dear only has a week left before its over.
How I Met Your Mother, of course.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Pillowpants posted:

Absolutely How I Met Your Mother. My day feels empty if I don't watch two or three episodes now.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
The Office, 30 Cocks

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Mu Zeta posted:

It was definitely a misstep but I thought the last few episodes, especially the finale, were excellent. loving hate Piz with a passion...actually pretty much every season 3 character under 30.

Nicola
Apr 26, 2007
Hi there
I have just finished watching seasons 1-6 of 24, in as many weeks. (I watched season 7 when it was actually on, before I'd watched any of the others) Overall I really enjoyed it. There was one season that I completely hated, which was season 2, and oddly that generally seems to be the favourite of my friends and yet I just hated everything about it. Season 3 was my favourite by far though.

The only problem is, now I've watched them all in order I am tempted to go and watch 7 again.

WHERE IS MY COFFEE
Apr 22, 2009

WHO PUT THAT UP THERE
YOU GUYS ARE ASSHOLES

doctor thodt posted:

The season 1 finale isn't really "sad" or "depressing" but in the spirit of the show, it is definitely very dark. Veronica Mars is a mature show that deals with a lot of adult (even taboo) themes, and the finale is very befitting of the series in that respect. Absolutely allow yourself to get sucked into it; just keep in mind that when the show turns to poo poo in season 3, it's the network's fault, not the creators'.

Very true.

But I LOVE season 3. :colbert:

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was thinking about it earlier and I realized that Veronica Mars, at least in its first two seasons, is probably about the best non-cable drama out there. Weird.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Pillowpants posted:

Party Down, How I Met Your Mother (x3)

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I wish Rory stayed in High School forever :(

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

Rapsey posted:

It's always sunny in philadelphia

My sister showed me a couple of episodes last weekend. The day I got home, I bought the first/second seasons and finished them in two days. Why the hell did I never watch it before now?

Rapsey
Sep 29, 2005
Sunny is the funniest show no one watches.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rapsey posted:

Sunny is the funniest show no one watches.

Enough people watch that they've already greenlit like 3 more seasons.

Ghost Hat
Jun 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. A friend lent me seasons 1 through 6... AND YOU FORGOT SEASON 7 YOU STUPID BASTARD. :argh:

Best Star Trek ever. I'm glad he forced it on me, because I had been completely convinced it was boring. I don't know why either.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I binged all of Season/Book 1 of Avatar: the last airbender. Great show, just started Season 2 and so far (episode 3) its loving awesome.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Enough people watch that they've already greenlit like 3 more seasons.

I downed four seasons of that pretty quick a couple months back...

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Watched the first season of Eureka in two days, great show and season two is going strong so far, but why does everyone treat the sheriff so badly? Surely there's a point where he'll start tasering them? Same to a similar degree with Fargo, we're told he's this clumsy annoying guy but I don't really get that.

Also it sometimes suffers too much from telling me things and not showing them.

That said, I'm really enjoying it, but mostly for a few of the characters rather than anything that happens on the show. Although I did love the grey goop nanites.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

LorneReams posted:

PonchAxis posted:

I binged all of Season/Book 1 of Avatar: the last airbender. Great show, just started Season 2 and so far (episode 3) its loving awesome.

Hmmm I guess I need to give this show another try. I watched the first episode but it just seemed like your run-of-the-mill kids cartoon. How many episodes does it take to get sucked into this show? And would you say it's more of a light episodic comedy or a serial drama?

To Contribute I've been binging through the live-action tv version of Liar Game lately.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

-Blackadder- posted:

Hmmm I guess I need to give this show another try. I watched the first episode but it just seemed like your run-of-the-mill kids cartoon. How many episodes does it take to get sucked into this show? And would you say it's more of a light episodic comedy or a serial drama?

To Contribute I've been binging through the live-action tv version of Liar Game lately.

It's pretty violent, and there is an undercurrent of malice that seems to be alien in a children's show. The light-hearted peices kind of feel wrong sometimes. I'm only about half way through the second season though, but it's more mature then I think a kid (Y7?) could totally grasp.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

-Blackadder- posted:

Episodes 10, 12 & 13 seem to be considered the major "now I'm invested in this" episodes. That said don't skip ahead, the episodes leading up to them are fun and have some beautiful animation.

As to your second question, its pretty much a family-oriented serial drama with a bunch of comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009
I finished Californication about a week ago and I loved every second of it. Absolutely hilarious show, David Duchovny is somehow perfect for the role of Hank. The thing is, I was watching X-Files on and off simultaneously and the juxtaposition was quite entertaining.