Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I was wondering who could possibly be seriously interested in a $100,000 vehicle advertised on Craigslist (of all places), but then I saw this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
ENGINE!

uncle_skin
Feb 23, 2004

Tai-Pan posted:

I believe it is a Monza "Towne Coupe" which sold very few copies, because even by 1979 standards it was ugly as hell. Seeing one in any form is something of a miracle, stickers or no. Few of those cars lasted 10 years let alone, 30.

You're not kidding I had the same car in highschool. This is how it looked by 1988.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Cavepimp posted:

Looks kinda like a Mustang GT!! The truck is only going to go up in value!!!!

Wow, my first vehicle was a 88 ranger. No A/C, no power steering and stick shift, that thing was hell learning how to drive. Better have some super low miles for $3399

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Used car dealers are ballsy, but this one takes the cake. 1999 Cavalier with 56k miles for eight thousand dollars.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/1248424103.html

no screenshot because we all know what a Cavalier looks like.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Nitrox posted:

Used car dealers are ballsy, but this one takes the cake. 1999 Cavalier with 56k miles for eight thousand dollars.

but it's a convertible!

no really it's for people with bad credit and no other option, who still want a convertible, in all reality.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Eight thousand dollars for a ten year old Cavalier... Holy flying fuckballs.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Yeah, you could get a '99...well, just about anything for that.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

uncle_skin posted:

You're not kidding I had the same car in highschool. This is how it looked by 1988.

LOVE MACHINE.
Oh, god I loving love that. I am putting that poo poo on the Lexus.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Nitrox posted:

Wow, it has intermittent wipers, radio, bodyside moldings, driver door bin, tachometer and rear bench seats! Plus rear cupholders, cup holder and front cupholders.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nitrox posted:

The economy and stuff you know. They need to make money. :rolleye:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Nitrox posted:

But you missed the best dealer picture I have ever seen!

:haw:

Also "Fred Beans"

EDIT: Switched hosting to tinypic

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 2, 2009

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Doctor Zero posted:

I keep waiting for it to finish loading. :(

AIest bicycle.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bik/1250390194.html
Miyata Hybrid.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beau...65%3A7%7C39%3A1

Here is some ebay gold, I am thinking of bidding on this.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma
Pontighini Fierolago LP460

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repl...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Doctor Zero posted:

:haw:

Also "Fred Beans"

EDIT: Switched hosting to tinypic

I love how the image gives the illusion of it being a model car sort of.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

944 posted:

Pontighini Fierolago LP460

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repl...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Only 36,000, and it's not even complete!

Yarrick
Mar 24, 2001
Eternally Lost
What's wrong with this eBay listing?

(edit, here's the details)

Vehicle 2004 BENTLEY CONTINENTAL 3W GT
Price $198,990* Drive Away No More to Pay
Kilometres 58,485
Colour ROYAL SAPPHIRE BLUE METALLIC
Body 2 door 4 seat COUPE
Transmission 6 speed Semi-Automatic
DriveType 4WD
Reg Plate 444C
Engine 12 cylinder Premium Unleaded Turbo 6.0L (5998cc)
VIN SCBCE63W34C022440
Stock # 1006736
Comments
Bentley Continental GT Coupe kms still as brand new condition, gorgeous royal sapphire blue metallic with rich tan leather, every option including extended warranty, 19`` factory split alloys, one fictitious owner, fully documented authorized Bentley Service History, all log books absolutely unblemished as new condition. 444C (EGC DRIVE AWAY PRICE APPLIES TO VICTORIAN CUSTOMERS ONLY) TEL OR ALLHRS) THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN FULLY INSPECTED AND TESTED BY OUR SERVICE CENTRE AND IS AVAILABLE WITH OUR (AUSTRALIA WIDE) EXCLUSIVE PRESTIGE 10 YEAR WARRANTY. DELIVERY CAN BE ARRANGED ANYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA WITHIN 24HRS OF SETTLMENT. Please visit our website for more information regarding this vehicle. *PLEASE NOTE the Vehicle Features and Options listed in this advertisement are automatically supplied by Redbook code for this Make/Model and are not specific to this vehicle. Please confirm Options List with Selling Deal

"one fictitious owner," ?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Yarrick posted:

What's wrong with this eBay listing?

(edit, here's the details)

Vehicle 2004 BENTLEY CONTINENTAL 3W GT
Price $198,990* Drive Away No More to Pay
Kilometres 58,485
Colour ROYAL SAPPHIRE BLUE METALLIC
Body 2 door 4 seat COUPE
Transmission 6 speed Semi-Automatic
DriveType 4WD
Reg Plate 444C
Engine 12 cylinder Premium Unleaded Turbo 6.0L (5998cc)
VIN SCBCE63W34C022440
Stock # 1006736
Comments
Bentley Continental GT Coupe kms still as brand new condition, gorgeous royal sapphire blue metallic with rich tan leather, every option including extended warranty, 19`` factory split alloys, one fictitious owner, fully documented authorized Bentley Service History, all log books absolutely unblemished as new condition. 444C (EGC DRIVE AWAY PRICE APPLIES TO VICTORIAN CUSTOMERS ONLY) TEL OR ALLHRS) THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN FULLY INSPECTED AND TESTED BY OUR SERVICE CENTRE AND IS AVAILABLE WITH OUR (AUSTRALIA WIDE) EXCLUSIVE PRESTIGE 10 YEAR WARRANTY. DELIVERY CAN BE ARRANGED ANYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA WITHIN 24HRS OF SETTLMENT. Please visit our website for more information regarding this vehicle. *PLEASE NOTE the Vehicle Features and Options listed in this advertisement are automatically supplied by Redbook code for this Make/Model and are not specific to this vehicle. Please confirm Options List with Selling Deal

"one fictitious owner," ?

http://www.autosalesaust.com.au/

See if you can find it there. I just purchased my car from these people. They wholesale cars from my dealership and I have walked into their showroom. I picking my car up on Thursday if you want me to look at it. I suspect it will end up being sold for over 500k.

If you can't find it here I suspect it is a cheeky advert. Port/South Melbourne is the last bastion of dodgy used car merchants and wholesalers. These are the pricks that ring you if you try to sell a car on carsales.com.au. They have warehouses full of used cars from interstate and private customers who got undercut on their trade in (people who couldn't be bothered selling privately)

edit: In fact, if I am prompted, I will search this car out at 4/299 Williamstown road on thursday when I go to pick my car up.
If it is really sub 200k, then it will be sold before I get there, make no mistake.

edit1: I will walk in and ask who the previous owner was.

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 4, 2009

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The steering wheel's on the wrong side!

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

CornHolio posted:

The steering wheel's on the wrong side!

It's on the right side.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
UGH I wish I had $1000 damnit

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1247588569.html

(1979 Ford Fiesta)

quote:

Car starts and runs, stored in garage since 1995. In good condition for being 30 years old, inside is clean and seats are intact, outside needs minor body work. This was MY project car, but I recently got married, so I don’t think I will have time to finish it. Factory installed A/C and sport dash with tachometer. Koni shocks, front and rear sway bars. 1.6L ported engine in car with stock exhaust and catalytic converter. New rebuild kit for stock Webber carburetor included. Also included is a Garrett turbocharger specifically sized for 1.6L engine, plus extra turbo center housing with bearings, turbine and compressor blades along with extra turbo housing. Aluminum plenum and hardware for turbo set-up, with Holley 5200 carburetor. Complete EXTRA 2.5 inch diameter exhaust system with headers, ready to be bolted on. Factory aluminum rims, 5 total, with tires mounted on all. This is a very fun car to drive, handles well, fast and economical. Comes with EXTRA engine, JBL speakers and many, many parts. I want to sell this as a complete package, not parting out. (818) 951-9678, serious inquiries only.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/1249817186.html

quote:

1995 Toyota Celica red (automatic) (New Transmssion)& (engine)
This car is a great sporty classic racing car and don't think it won't be on craigslist long, it's a hot item and will sell fast.

The good!
-Decent tires
-New FRONT and REAR tire alignment
-$1,500 on a new paint job!
-Brand new cold air intake
-New custom exhaust
-New water pump, thermostat, and rear shocks
-REBUILT TRANSMISSION(only 89,000 on tran)
-REBUILT ENGINE (ONLY 40,000 ON NEW ENGINE!!) (HAVE ALL PAPER WORK)

A FEW MINOR THINGS! A few minor things are that the seats are leather and are torn a little but i am throw in sick leather racing seat covers (red) that match the car. Also when i purchased the car the air bags were taken out and sealed shut(because they are more dangerous than safe) it's not noticable at all.

MAKE A OFFER!!!

(TerryG17@hotmail.com) CASH ONLY!!!! If interested we can set something up so we me in person (FOR CASH ONLY!)
(serious buyers only!)

Yeah, glad it's had an alignment, new paint, and those dangerous airbags removed. Hopefully I can scrape up the CASH ONLY to score such an awesome deal before somebody else does.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
When I think "classic racing car" I think base model auto 95 Celica.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Only 90k miles on the rebuilt transmission? Why even mention that, most cars don't even get to that many miles in the first place.

Tai-Pan posted:

Well, the car of choice is a Ford LTD, but those are harder and harder to find.
If you happen to walk past Beauty Bar on 6th in Austin you will see the streets littered with J-bodies which work as a substitute. Blue, preferably faded if possible.
I hate Austin so much. I'm sure they ironically refuse to ever have the cars fixed, or do basic maintenance.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Sir Tonk posted:

I hate Austin so much. I'm sure they ironically refuse to ever have the cars fixed, or do basic maintenance.

I'd vote for anyone who would fedex travis county to the bay area COD.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Its cool dude, we hate you to.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sir Tonk posted:

Only 90k miles on the rebuilt transmission? Why even mention that, most cars don't even get to that many miles in the first place.
There is a law that lovely for sale ads must have the word "only" repeated at least 3 times.

ONLY 456000 MILES
ONLY $25000
ONLY 24000 MADE IN THAT YEAR (VERY RARE!)

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

There is a law that lovely for sale ads must have the word "only" repeated at least 3 times.

ONLY 456000 MILES
ONLY $25000
ONLY 24000 MADE IN THAT YEAR (VERY RARE!)

I would be happy if the ads said that. Half of them say "Low Mileage, Great Condition, call for info".

How about telling me the mileage? Is low 100K or 10k miles? Manual or Auto? Which engine?

Last week there was an ad for a "Vintage Jaguar, convertible, husbands baby, well maintained, $29,000". There was no picture of course, but I got really excited hoping I had found some ex-wife trying to unload a divorce settlement XKE (I even dreamed it was an XJ150) for cheap. When I emailed she responded that it was an 1992 XJS with 150K miles. She was out of her mind.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Tai-Pan posted:

1992 XJS with 150K miles

They could do that?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

VideoTapir posted:

They could do that?

With double their initial cost in repairs :downsrim:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That Celica can't be sold without its airbags functional, thats very illegal.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Baby Hitler posted:

That Celica can't be sold without its airbags functional, thats very illegal.

Nationally? If so, its definitely not enforced anywhere near me. In that token, what about people who buy cars with aftermarket steering wheels? My MR2's airbag was deployed before I got the car so it came without one.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

mungtor posted:

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/1249817186.html

Yeah, glad it's had an alignment, new paint, and those dangerous airbags removed.

I guess it's easy to confuse "disabled" with "deployed in an accident I'd rather keep secret", the keys are like right next to each other :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Craigslist: where "clean" has an amazingly broad definition
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1238329035.html

quote:

Bagged 2001 Dodge Dakota 22" lays frame - $5500 (Spring)
Reply to: sale-unbfn-1238329035@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-24, 8:20PM CDT

Clean 2001 Dodge Dakota. 104,XXX miles on a 4.7 V8 5 speed w/Hurst shifter. K&N filter, Flow Master dumped in front of axle. Sounds good and runs srtong. Bagged w/22" Player rims and good tread theft on tires. A/C and heat work great. One Viair 480 pump, 4 valves w/ 7 switch controls F/B/S/S. Tubular front upper and lower a-arms. Needs Paint. Want to trade for clean C4 Corvette, Rat Rod from 1920's to 1930's, or what else do you have? No junk offers please. keywords: slammed , air ride , lowered , slab , donk , dub , 20" , 24" , 26 " hydros, ls1 , ls2 , ls3 , lt1, lt4 , chopper , bobber, chevy , ford , 300zx , 350z , s2000 , nissan , honda , jet boat , jetboat , bug , beetle , classic , custom , slammed , lowered ,

:psypop:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

deviant. posted:

Craigslist: where "clean" has an amazingly broad definition
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1238329035.html
:psypop:

In his (meager) defense, he only says he wants a "clean C4 Corvette" as a trade, not that that abomination is in any way shape or form "clean."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Boat posted:

In his (meager) defense, he only says he wants a "clean C4 Corvette" as a trade, not that that abomination is in any way shape or form "clean."

But he also starts with "Clean 2001 Dodge Dakota"

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

Boat posted:

quote:

Clean 2001 Dodge Dakota.

First thing in the ad - I missed it the first time myself.

Edit: Beaten like a tank in a drag race.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I emailed him this:

Please tell me your definition of clean? Is it the cut bed?
The primer and dents? The non-painted door jams? If you can tell me how it's in any way shape or form clean, then I will personally fly down there and buy it for full asking price.

He responded with:

gently caress off bitch!

I guess he can't explain how it's clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Goddamn it I read through that 3 times to make sure. How the gently caress did I miss the first word? :mad:

His response sounds about right though.

E: clean title maybe? I'm grasping at straws here.