Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
You guys are haters. That truck isn't bad. Hell, it lays frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I couldn't help noticing that it's been rendered completely useless as a truck. Literally you couldn't carry anything in the bed since it's going to fall through the holes in the bottom. The work of a great man of genius, this.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Boat posted:

In his (meager) defense, he only says he wants a "clean C4 Corvette" as a trade, not that that abomination is in any way shape or form "clean."

Well just give him a junker C4 and he'll have to accept it :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Boat posted:

E: clean title maybe? I'm grasping at straws here.

NOW you're reaching...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tai-Pan posted:

Its cool dude, we hate you to.
Actually, being from Houston I hate Dallas more. And I only hate the people that moved to Austin in the past fifteen years and destroyed it.

Sorry other major Texas towns, just how it is if you're born and raised here.

deviant. posted:

Craigslist: where "clean" has an amazingly broad definition
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1238329035.html
:psypop:
Those orange door jamb accents are what do it for me. Sounds like someone got tired of their project after they found out it would cost another few grand to finish the paint.

And how much crap would end up in that bed if you actually drove that thing in the rain?

Wait, he put the gas tank in the bed? This guy is loving crazy. Is that normal for lowriders?

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Sir Tonk posted:

And how much crap would end up in that bed if you actually drove that thing in the rain?

Not much as the guy cut most of the bed to accommodate the retardedly-big wheels, so whatever falls in would just fall through.

The whole bed would probably warp out of shape and wreck the tires/wheels if you hit a big pothole. The guy appears to have just cut it and not reinforced it to compensate for the loss of structural strength. I think the guy's trying to sell it because he suddenly realized how completely retarded the whole premise of this truck truly is.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I want to contact this person so that I can kill him and destroy his stupid car. Would that be inappropriate?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1259646307.html

quote:

runs and drives spectacular this is a 5 speed new clutch as of end of winter molded body kit that could use some attention this car is flat black with some custom work done to the interior.... this is by no means a show car but it has potential...... it needs the exhaust put back on but i still sounds the same lol just a little deeper in tone lol... race seats and brand new tach will be included but tach has never been installed yet and its in the package still.... let me know if you are interested... and look over the picture GOOD i dont want to make a trip or have you make one for nothing i dont want to waste your time so PLEASE DONT WASTE MINE (others know who they are thanks alot) you can reach me at WYLDTUNGRYD81@YAHOO.COMthanks for looking

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04449.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04450.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04451.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04452.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04453.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04454.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04455.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04456.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04457.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04435.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04436.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04437.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/banginblazer07/DSC04439.jpg

But then there's also this Viper, which could be nice to look at. http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1259614568.html

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 8, 2009

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

el topo posted:

Not much as the guy cut most of the bed to accommodate the retardedly-big wheels, so whatever falls in would just fall through.

The whole bed would probably warp out of shape and wreck the tires/wheels if you hit a big pothole. The guy appears to have just cut it and not reinforced it to compensate for the loss of structural strength. I think the guy's trying to sell it because he suddenly realized how completely retarded the whole premise of this truck truly is.

Truck beds don't really add anything in the way of strength since trucks still use a full frame. I'm sure his ridiculous setup has notched frame rails, however, and those will kill structural integrity.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Yeah, I couldn't resist sending him an e-mail about that. There are some terrible things in this thread, but nothing so egregious as pretending that that truck is "clean."

quote:

gently caress you bitch!!Got anything better to do than send out emails,you must be friend of the family or a wetback!!

He's a winner alright!

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 8, 2009

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Speleothing posted:

I want to contact this person so that I can kill him and destroy his stupid car. Would that be inappropriate?

Ohhh god yes I bet this sound system sounds amazing!

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Clearly a performance driving machine here. Clean wiring! Things painted blue!

The racing seats help you handle the g-forces from its incredible cornering...

...on steelies! Cracked bodywork. Extra-terrible aerodynamics on the body kit. Dented driver-side door. Aftermarket taillights!

Peeling rattlecan matte black! Suspicious foglights! Random dangling doohickies!

But this interior is just the best. "Custom work done to the interior":

-manual everything
-blue electrical tape on the steering wheel
-random wires and cords poking out everywhere
-wonder what that wire is going over the top of the handbrake
-custom gear shift knob! (incredibly dodgy-looking install)
-visible liquid stains on the steel floorplates!
-satnav, possibly! (note: blocks access to climate controls, but that's OK cause they probably don't work)
-used kleenex!

God drat. This one's just a real gem isn't it.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Leperflesh posted:

Ohhh god yes I bet this sound system sounds amazing!

Custom tuned in a push/pull setup, obviously powerful enough to take paint off.

Leperflesh posted:

I don't see a problem here.

Leperflesh posted:

The racing seats help you handle the g-forces from its incredible cornering...
Obviously this is not for handling, it is to hold you in with all of the massive base coming form the back.

Leperflesh posted:

...on steelies! Cracked bodywork. Extra-terrible aerodynamics on the body kit. Dented driver-side door. Aftermarket taillights!

It's all here. What's the problem?

Leperflesh posted:

-manual everything
-blue electrical tape on the steering wheel
-random wires and cords poking out everywhere
-custom gear shift knob! (incredibly dodgy-looking install)
-visible liquid stains on the steel floorplates!
-satnav, possibly! (note: blocks access to climate controls, but that's OK cause they probably don't work)
-used kleenex!

God drat. This one's just a real gem isn't it.

-reliability
-custom
-custom
-custom
-CUSTOM
-custom
-custom
-option

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Sir Tonk posted:

Actually, being from Houston I hate Dallas more.

Hey man, screw you, Houston smells and is a swamp :colbert:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I can contribute. Hurray.

http://ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1258314812.html

2004 Aveo 5 - $7500 (Ottawa)
Reply to: sale-dx4p4-1258314812@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-07, 5:25PM EDT

2004 Aveo 5 (chevrolet) about 121,000 km on the car
4 winter tires and 4 all season tires
Silver car with 4 doors
CD player
Fun little car to drive

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
Whats funny about that?

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

DPFI, that loving figures. All that effort and they couldn't bother to put an MPFI manifold on there and wire it.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

RealKyleH posted:

Whats funny about that?

asshatonCL posted:

Fun little car to drive

An Aveo is ... not that. Also, asking $7500 for a 5 year old Aveo is like asking $10k for the same age Cavalier. It's not knee slappingly funny, more of a 'look how out of touch with reality they are' amusement.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
you can buy a new Aveo for 9 thousand, in Canada. I assume it's even less in the US.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma
If you want to contibute some moron's delusions all you have to do is search for "invested"

Case and point:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
That crx has dents according to his wording.

"the car does not have no dents"

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

944 posted:

Holy crap, did he paint the valve cover while it was still bolted on the head? You can see the original black near the lip of the cover.

Edit: We have an 06 Aveo hatchback as the company car for my workplace. It is a numb, cheap, horrible feedcart of a vehicle. I drive my car and eat the gas rather than drive it. The only intresting thing it has ever done was sail ten feet and spark on landing after my boss threw it over speed hump doing 30. Its almost like driving a daewoo... wait a second..

Kotaru fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 9, 2009

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Moruitelda posted:

Yeah, I couldn't resist sending him an e-mail about that. There are some terrible things in this thread, but nothing so egregious as pretending that that truck is "clean."

He's a winner alright!

The guy created a Porsche 930 for sale ad directed to my e-mail address. :v:

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Blue El Wire, $9.97 at Autozone.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Moruitelda posted:

hmmm, not the dumbest guy then.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Leperflesh posted:

Maybe my eyesight isn't very good, but it looks like the guy cut two sheets of metal and put them over the original carpeting. I could be wrong about this.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Moruitelda posted:

hahaha

Well, you now have to create a free personals ad promising anonymous gay sex directed to his address. Something like "22 yo bottom requires 45+ yo top. Bareback OK but must be clean and must have no strings" ... or something along those lines.

You know you must.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Or one of those "I'm giving away everything in my house, just come and get it" ads and put it on Craigslist.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

el topo posted:

Maybe my eyesight isn't very good, but it looks like the guy cut two sheets of metal and put them over the original carpeting. I could be wrong about this.

I think you're right.. jesus christ look at the crap down the sides on the driver's side, this car must smell awful..

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
So this isn't a Craigslist listing for a car for sale, but I thought it was close enough, as I found it in the Cars & Trucks section. Note that the first post mentions a story posted earlier in the day, but I couldn't find it. I really have no idea what the gently caress...

The Devil!?!? Satin?!?! In Champaign Auto?!?!? - $1500 (Champaign -IL)

quote:

Reply to: sale-vkjz5-1261221631@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-07-09, 10:58AM CDT

marty the devil champaign auto 407 s neil street - $1500 (407 s neil marty the scam artist)
Reply to: sale-p9vjf-1260210409@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-08, 5:28PM CDT

marty is a scam artist be aware do not trust this man he has no truth inside of him he is and has always been a scam he is also an evil and pitful person that only believes in stealing and cheating hard working citizens he doesnt believe in aything there is not one bit of religion in his body!!!!!!; please read post that was posted earlier today true story !!!!!

CHAMPAIGN AUTO/HILLS AUTO CATLAN Scam!! - $3900 (CHAMPAIGN-CATLAN-IL)

quote:

Reply to: sale-as3gu-1261388883@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-07-09, 12:22PM CDT

yes i also purchased a used car from Champaign Auto Neil St Champaign IL and got scammed and ripped off! heres the story!!
i went in that office to check out a 1999 dodge neon, i ask the guy with his stinky sock feet up in the air acting like hes working on the computer
can i please check out the 99 dodge , yea i guess, he jave me the keys, i check it out liked it like a fool , and went on the long scam process, remember im @ champaign auto with this cheech named marty cyder snyder sider whater ever says he is, When i came in and gave him $3900 cash for the car , another white haired clown named tom brown came in with the
paper work to do form Hills Auto! Catlan IL ??!?!?!? what the hech is up here , like a fool i did the scam not knowing, well the car over heated after a day, i went bachk to stinky sock foot @ champaign auto neil st champaign, he says ok ok, talk to my main mech named mike!it the white haired clown, ta fix it!tom brown huh? well it was a blown head gasket,oh yea he dident fix it , he head gasket in a bottle , and screwed me , the motor blew , then stink foot said its as is!! i wanted to shove that stink foot in the mouth,
so word of warning do not mess with auction junk cars with junk motors and drive trains,DO NOT GO TO CHAMPAIGN AUTO OR HILLS AUTO SALES WORD OF WARNING!!
I WILL BE CONTACTING SECREATARY OF STATE TO TURN THESE SCAMMERS IN AND CONTACT MY LAWYER

I've read that a few times and I'm still not sure what is going on here.

On a happier note, there's a guy with a 1985 E30 325E that moved here from California that I'm going to look at tonight.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I just assume every car for sale on craigslist has a cracked block, or blown head gasket, or some other major problem. They are also all stolen and none of the sellers have titles or any sense. My favorite ads are the ones that say just lost the keys, also have no title. Must sell quick.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I imagine this is what he must sound like.

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

944 posted:

Custom tuned in a push/pull setup, obviously powerful enough to take paint off.

Obviously this is not for handling, it is to hold you in with all of the massive base coming form the back.

It's all here. What's the problem?

-reliability
-custom
-custom
-custom
-CUSTOM
-custom
-custom
-option

Hah you made me notice the fact that Im running larger gauge wire for 2 12s than this kid is with 6 whatever MTXs. Thats some tiny wire for any real power...

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
This is the awesomest thing I've ever seen.

http://www.customlimos.com/sale_mercedes.htm

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
This one's a brilliant piece of marketing...

craigslist posted:

Focus - good reliable first car - $4000 (King)
Reply to: sale-ftezk-1260314046@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-08, 7:33PM EDT

Looking for a first car for a teen? This car is absolutely brilliant. It's got low mileage (68k), has been super reliable, and is excellent on gas. Since you're likely paying for the gas, this will make things much cheaper on you. I average like 37MPG to a tank. And with such low mileage, it'll work great for a long long time.

But you wanna know the best reason to buy this car for your kid?

It's slow as poo poo. You don't have to worry about speeding tickets or accidents in this baby. Your kid could have a 1 mile run and hit a brick wall not wearing a seatbelt and not be going fast enough to do poo poo. And there won't be any sense in him getting some lovely rear end fart can off of eBay - this car has the super slow SPI engine, no sense in trying to make it any faster. It's a 4-door, so your kid won't try to put gay rear end Lambo doors on it. It is still possible to fit this with a body kit, but if you'd like, for an extra $200, I can stab him in the face if he does this.

It's a 5-speed, so your kid can't talk on his cell phone while playing Gameboy and smoking pot - he'll have to actually pay attention. It also means you won't have to pay for an automatic transmission when your kid beats the hell out of it. It's got a new clutch and new tires, so you'll know if he does burnouts. After all, I'm sure YOU'RE the one paying for tires, right? It's got an aftermarket head unit in it, so your kid won't gently caress it up when him and his buddies try to wire in a "phat rear end system". It's already had the speakers replaced too, so he won't have to tear the door cards on and then look like a retard when he can't get them back on. It's got manual windows too, so he can't gently caress up the window motors when he rolls one of his friends heads up in it as a joke. A new battery means when he leaves his headlights on, it won't leave you totally stranded.

But really though, one of the best parts is that, because it is a 4 door, it will be somewhat embarrassing for him to be seen in. I'm sure you get pissed at him from time to time. Hell, you're probably mad at him for harassing you into buying him a first car. So get this one. It has no A/C, so you'll know he's suffering every time you get mad at him. Pretty satisfying. It'll bring a smile to your face too, to know he's rolling around looking like a human being in a Ford Focus.

So buy this car for your kid. You won't regret it.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

el topo posted:

Holy crap that's hilarious. If I had a kid, I'd buy that car from this guy, I poo poo you not.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fatman1683 posted:

This is the awesomest thing I've ever seen.

http://www.customlimos.com/sale_mercedes.htm

Too bad there are no specs for it. I wonder if it is running the 6.9lt V8 instead of the 4.5lt.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

el topo posted:

Oh man, I think I figured out how I'm getting rid of my crapbox.

However, I have seen four-door lambo door conversions before... :(

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Doctor Zero posted:

Holy crap that's hilarious. If I had a kid, I'd buy that car from this guy, I poo poo you not.

Maybe after some haggling but hell yes this is the perfect first car, especially for a boy.

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

el topo posted:

this sounds like something out of gran torino :D

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

1988 Fiero with a butt ugly "Ferrari" body kit?

THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Pontiac-1988-PONTIAC-FIERO-W0QQAdIdZ129656028

quote:

Price $: 12995 Type: Coupe Doors: 2 Passengers: 2 Kilometers: 30500 Exterior Colour: Not Specified Engine Size: 3.4L Fuel Type: Gas Cylinders: 6 Transmission: Manual Drive: RWD Options : Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Stereo, Bucket Seats, CD Player, Cruise Control, Curb Side Mirrors, Driver Air Bag, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Leather Interior, Passenger Air Bag, Power Brakes, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Spoiler, Tilt Wheel, Tinted Glass Financing: Available Warranty: Available Starbursts: Excellent Condition Description: A GREAT LITTLE SPORTS CAR, COMPLETELY REBUILT, FULL SAFETY AND MECHANICAL HAS BEEN DONE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
I'm not sure what's going on here:
85 Vette
96 body
77 engine (from a motor home).

So the ad says.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1265308534.html

Oh and LAMBO DOORS whoomp.