Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

MacGregor posted:

I now have the 04 GTO, a 1975 Yamaha xs650b, and a 07 Ducati Sport classic 1000 mono edition #31/100. now i just need to buy a house with a garage.

That Ducati looks gorgeous, got any better photos of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacGregor
Nov 22, 2003

Contraband posted:

That Ducati looks gorgeous, got any better photos of it?

sorry its not the greatest but I do not own a digital camera all I have is my lg dare

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

I love this little truck. I had wanted to get a Tacoma for the longest time. A friend of mine had a 2wd when I was in high school, and it was a great truck. New wheels and tires are coming, probably in the next several months.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

MacGregor posted:

sorry its not the greatest but I do not own a digital camera all I have is my lg dare

I'm sorry but that definitely IS the greatest. It makes me want to go through Quebec's costly and long Motorcycle licensing process.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MacGregor posted:

Get a pair of sealed rims so you can get better rubber.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kimbo305 posted:

were there any Monaros in LHD?

Which is why I will rebadge one as a Lumina

Rainer
Nov 10, 2006

by T. Couchfucker

My first real sporty car.

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Rainer am I seeing the black? is that a Z06?

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Sir Nigel posted:

Rainer am I seeing the black? is that a Z06?

I am guessing yes. And I hate it when wheel weights are on the lip. I always insist they are on the inside of the wheel.

Rainer
Nov 10, 2006

by T. Couchfucker

_firehawk posted:

I am guessing yes. And I hate it when wheel weights are on the lip. I always insist they are on the inside of the wheel.

Yes it is, and firehawk, I agree on the weights but It just got a new set of tires from the previous owner, so It's going to be awhile until that's fixed (I hope).

Matteyo
Jul 19, 2009
1st post. BMW 135i, 6 speed.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Ha. That's a good way to start off in here. :swoon:

Hot Buttered
Apr 27, 2008

...check it and see!

MacGregor posted:

Goddamn. That's a beautiful bike.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Matteyo posted:

1st post. BMW 135i, 6 speed.

Welcome. Driving impressions, please.

Also, your neighbor likes trucks.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

It ain't famous, that's for sure.

Thoroughly embarassing dyno run.

syf0n-esque engine shot.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I adore everybody who dynos beater DD's, particularly a Celebrity wagon

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Hypnolobster posted:

I adore everybody who dynos beater DD's, particularly a Celebrity wagon
I was about to start raging over the "beater" comment, but with three kids, there isn't any other description more fitting.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Left Ventricle posted:

I was about to start raging over the "beater" comment, but with three kids, there isn't any other description more fitting.

Imagine a 3.8 S/C swap in that wagon.:fap:

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Sockington posted:

Imagine a 3.8 S/C swap in that wagon.:fap:
Right on the money. Can't get much more sleeper than this thing. I'm going a little more conservative until I can scrounge up the money for a major swap. Standard I/H/E and tune, maybe a cam. However, I imagine an L67 swap would look a little like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8JAiX0Hvc

That's a '89 Cutlass Ciera International with such a swap. He later converted to turbo (Turbonetics 60-1), dynoed over 350 whp, and ran a second faster.

Pics, you ask?

Ported heads, valves unshrouded.

New valves from a newer 3.5L V6, the "3500" used the Malibus and Impalas. Exhaust is the same size, intake is 0.040" larger, both are lighter. Requires a multi-angle valve job to fit in gen 2 heads.

1.6:1 rocker arms. Stockers are like 1.5.

Ported intake courtesy of 60degreev6.com. Custom painted, custom scratches from my kids.

Also gonna use head gaskets from a 3.1 Camaro. They're 0.020" thinner than the aluminum head ones, so they should bump compression up from 8.8 to around 9.3.

Haven't decided on a cam yet, but this one is looking pretty good. Anyone have an estimate for the amount of power this stuff might add?

Left Ventricle fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 20, 2009

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Hiyme posted:

Here are my girlfriend's and I's Minis. Her '02 R50 on the left and my '07 R56 S on the right. Just got the S, and I'm loving it.

This is a great bit of evidence in my case against the Mk2 New Mini. They murdered the awesome silhouette with that hood.

Xeno posted:

My ride for the past fortnight:

Fact or fiction? Westerners are immune to road rash when they decide they know how to ride a motorcycle in a developing nation...

Jack Plays Bass
Aug 16, 2007

the armenian willy wonka
My daily driver is a 2008 Scion xB.

Only picture I have of it,unfortunately. I've since added the stock spoiler to it, and purchased my project.

It's a 1969 Mustang Coupe. 302 v8, c4 automatic trans, and some surface rust. Funny thing is, I actually purchased it off of a man named Bob, who was featured in a thread containing a certain racist yellow mustang. Small world, isn't it?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Left Ventricle posted:

3.1 V6 Hecho en Mexico

Wait, you're tuning one of these things? I want to see an after dyno, I didn't know such a thing was possible.

Matteyo
Jul 19, 2009

DropShadow posted:

Welcome. Driving impressions, please.

Also, your neighbor likes trucks.

Well where to start off. My affair with the 135i started in February, and since then I have fallen in love with nearly every aspect of the vehicle.

First the powerplant - 300 hp, inline six, twin-turbo. It can hit 60 at the top of 2nd gear, and the power delivery is very linear (no turbo lag).

The stock exhaust is also one of my favorite things about the car. It isn't blaringly loud, though even at idle you know you are in a performance car. I'd describe it as more full-toned than an E46 M3.

The final selling point is the interior. It is actually the reason I went with the E82 as opposed to something like a 350/70Z or Evo IX/X (apart from the whole boy racer thing). Elegant dash lines, leather-wrapped M steering wheel and shift knob, no cheesey plastic moldings. Backseats are relatively useless though, but then again that wasn't what the car was made for.

If you are considering a sports coupe now I'd definitely have the 135i on the short list along with the 370Z and Audi A4. Main deterrent as with most BMWs is that options are pricey, and also it is hard to find a manual, but you can order custom if you are willing to wait. As far as price is concerned it will probably fall in betweeen the Nissan (Mid to high 30s) and the Audi (Middish 40s).

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Das Volk posted:

Wait, you're tuning one of these things? I want to see an after dyno, I didn't know such a thing was possible.
It is indeed possible, as you can see from the parts I've gathered. Most people eschew the 3.1 and swap a newer version (3400, 3500) or use gen 3 components, but I wanna keep it period. If I can get 20 or 30 horses out of this, it'll be worth it for the proof. As I said in another thread, if I'm going to polish a turd, I may as well do it right.

therealNeoS
Jul 13, 2001

Finally snapped a shot of my most recent car after I got new Kumho tires.

03 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-v.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Left Ventricle posted:

It is indeed possible, as you can see from the parts I've gathered. Most people eschew the 3.1 and swap a newer version (3400, 3500) or use gen 3 components, but I wanna keep it period. If I can get 20 or 30 horses out of this, it'll be worth it for the proof. As I said in another thread, if I'm going to polish a turd, I may as well do it right.

Grab the gofast bits from a 89-90 TurboGrandPrix.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

blugu64 posted:

Grab the gofast bits from a 89-90 TurboGrandPrix.
It's been done in an '87 6000 wagon by a guy in Colorado, to the tune of 247 whp through an automatic. Little more involved than I'm willing to get at this point.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Left Ventricle posted:

Most people eschew the 3.1 and swap a newer version

So you did a engine swap or just parts swap? Because on the front fender it reads 2.8. But the engine intake reads 3.1.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

_firehawk posted:

So you did a engine swap or just parts swap? Because on the front fender it reads 2.8. But the engine intake reads 3.1.
The stock engine was the 2.8. The PO somehow cracked the block at 69k, yanked it, replaced with 3.1 from a '92 Cavalier. They're physically identical aside from displacement.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
2009 Lancer GTS, new as of today. I'm enjoying it so far.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aceuvspades
May 26, 2006

1989 poo poo Box Ford Ranger 2.9L Supercab with 148k on 'er. She's a very tired gal. I don't work her too hard these days... It was painted by my older brother and friend. My brother pin striped the lime green crosshatch all by hand, it took him HOURS. The wheels are 17" Boyd Coddingtons (RIP) I've owned the truck for about 6.5 years now and could never sell it, especially locally. The amount of work myself with the help of family of friends could never compare to the measly price I'd get for it.

I also have a bone stock blue 2002 Lexus IS300 which needs no photo here.

Putka
Apr 11, 2007
Jailhouse rock!

My dear ol' faithful volvo, served me well until her last breath :( As of yesterday the car is totalled. I had already thought about buying a new car and selling her, I guess she didn't agree.

100km/h into a full grown moose. Car's totalled, I'm ( and mum) thank God to volvo's miraculous crash test poo poo alive. I don't know how, but I'm still kicking. The moose ain't.

Putka fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 21, 2009

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Putka posted:

100km/h into a full grown moose. Car's totalled, I'm ( and mum) thank God to volvo's miraculous crash test poo poo alive. I don't know how, but I'm still kicking. The moose ain't.

Holy gently caress. What sort of injuries did you and your mom get from that?

Putka
Apr 11, 2007
Jailhouse rock!
I walked away from it, not even a scratch on me, mum got some glass shards on her face and a broken pinky, nothing serious though. I guess we both got super lucky on that one.
Moments before I noticed it, I tried to decide whether to steer away from it or try to brake, so I ended up braking as fast as I could, but couldn't really even slow down, it all happened so fast, when I realised we've come to a stop, I checked my mum who was just screaming out of her mind all bloody, she calmed down and I noticed that it wasn't her blood on me, or my blood on her, the moose bled a ton on both of us. So I kicked the car door open ( it was slightly jammed ) got out of the car, walked to the moose and tried to see if it was dead or alive, I knew I had to kill it if it were alive to stop it from suffering, luckily it probably died instantly, not knowing what else to do I made sure mum was okay, even though I already checked it, I just had to recheck for my own sanity. After all this I called officials and just took a few pics of the car and started drinking coke zero while sitting on the hood of the car and waiting for officials. All in all, nobody really panicked or got hurt bad, it could have been a lot worse though. My next car will have to do well on a crash test. If we would have been driving a small Kia.. We'd probably be dead. The inspector said that the only reason we're probably alive is the fact that we we're driving so fast, which stopped the moose from coming through the window onto us.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Did it end up in the back seat? :wtc:

GET EM SLUGGER
Jun 1, 2002

Left Ventricle posted:

I absolutely love the fact that you're tuning that car. I can't wait to see the dyno after pics.

Putka
Apr 11, 2007
Jailhouse rock!

Simkin posted:

Did it end up in the back seat? :wtc:

It actually flew over the whole car ripping off a part of the roof with it :)

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS
I don't remember ever really posting in this thread, but heres some crossposts

(you can see my '08 Honda Fit daily drive in the background but everyone knows what a fit looks like)

(I just sold this guy.)

And i guess the only bicycle i regularly use

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Beautiful wagon. I hope to own a '65 Impala coupe someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Putka posted:

After all this I called officials and just took a few pics of the car and started drinking coke zero while sitting on the hood of the car and waiting for officials.

I'm just picturing you sitting on the car when the officials arrive, drenched in blood, drinking a coke, going "'sup?"