Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbiffx
May 20, 2001
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1281876234.html

He added the pictures (you'll know which) after about a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

xbiffx posted:

And after a month we won't know.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

xbiffx posted:

Looks like a JC-Pennies catalog inthe first two.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

dk2m posted:

Before I clicked the link I thought this was a CRX dressed up to look like a 300ZX. I guess I had it backwards?

Roo-kie
Sep 9, 2007

Recalcitrance Matrix

blugu64 posted:

edit:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1250447343.html
Too many pictures to screenshot, but photos can be found here
http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/synergy222/Alfa%20Romeo/

That Alfetta sedan looks pretty clean, i would give that a look if it was 7000 or so miles closer. beautiful car to drive i have an Alfetta sedan and i love it, despite the rust and breakdowns.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Doctor Zero posted:

And after a month we won't know.

Incoming:

sw8

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Right.

But what the hell were you talking about that we'd know which pictures he added after a month? Looks like an ad for an Evo IX by some guy who likes pictures of "models" with his car.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

dk2m posted:

Not craigslist, but Autotrader:

http://tiny.cc/kgVpx

I have no idea what the person who did this was trying to accomplish. With an auto Z32 NA no less.

Pretty sure I got this as a lime green hot wheels car from McDonalds in the early 90s.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Pretty sure I got this as a lime green hot wheels car from McDonalds in the early 90s.

And that's why I love it, I wasn't going to say anything until you brought this up.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Moruitelda posted:

But what the hell were you talking about that we'd know which pictures he added after a month? Looks like an ad for an Evo IX by some guy who likes pictures of "models" with his car.

I think he meant the first 2 pics he added to sex up the car a bit after it didn't sell.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

joik posted:

Incoming:

sw8

First pic: Eh, not bad.
Second pic: The reason why no one, not even an attractive girl, should wear those skinny jeans.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So are these pictures supposed to make it look like driving that car won't make you look like a giant douche? They are not working.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like how in that last shot, the rightmost instrument in the cluster looks like it's a huge red warning sign that says "CANCER"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

DropShadow posted:

First pic: Eh, not bad.
Second pic: The reason why no one, not even an attractive girl, should wear those skinny jeans.

Actually, the real reason is nerve damage and blood clots.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

dk2m posted:

I have no idea what the person who did this was trying to accomplish. With an auto Z32 NA no less.

He actually put the Lamborghini plate on the back. Why? Anyone who knows what a lambo is will know that is not one, and anyone who doesn't wont care.

You might as well paint a Sebring orange and slap a LP640 sticker on the side.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

Actually, the real reason is nerve damage and blood clots.

yeah those are bad too

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

Pweller posted:

:rant:

I would get in so many wrecks if I had to drive one of these in town and I've got thousands of miles on the M35. Not having power steering is such a bitch with a vehicle this size.

Now, if I had a place outside of town, I'd definitely buy one.

And the old GM trucks they were using between the Jeep and the HMMWV are pretty great if you want an old diesel GM pickup/blazer. I'd get one if they weren't so expensive.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
Aw, man... if only I had a herd of goats...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/rvs/1293733601.html

quote:

"hoversaucer" hovercraft is just the thing to have a blast on the lake, go duck hunting in the marsh this fall or just plain piss your wife off. it has a Hirth 2 cylinder engine puts out about 30 hp. quieter than a rotax. it runs good! I replaced lots of fingers on the skirt but it could use some more done. pretty easy to do if you can sew. comes with trailer. will trade for beef cattle, a herd of goats, tractor, bailer , hit and miss engines or ? Call Aaron

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Doesn't seem very practical...

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

The power plant is nuclear so our electric car is NUCLEAR POWERED! :downs:

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

ijustam posted:

The power plant is nuclear so our electric car is NUCLEAR POWERED! :downs:

Since regular gas comes from fossils, my Civic is T-REX POWERED.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
My electricity comes from coal, so my house is Swampland powered!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

90%+ of Seattle's power is hydro generated... so finally, a water powered car! Take that poo poo, big oil!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Is there anything legitimately wrong with the Smart ForTwo? Because some dealership down by the river is dumping (with no reserve) one on eBay. About a week left on the auction, but it's only at $1,502 currently.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Matlock posted:

Is there anything legitimately wrong with the Smart ForTwo? Because some dealership down by the river is dumping (with no reserve) one on eBay. About a week left on the auction, but it's only at $1,502 currently.

Besides being slow, impractical, uncomfortable and surprisingly thirsty? Not much. If you got it cheap enough you could probably resell it and make a quick profit. :v:

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

deviant. posted:

Besides being slow, impractical, uncomfortable and surprisingly thirsty? Not much. If you got it cheap enough you could probably resell it and make a quick profit. :v:

40mpg is thirsty?

As long as it can hit 65, it'd make a good daily driver back and forth to wo---oh wait, uncomfortable.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

Matlock posted:

40mpg is thirsty?

It is quote lousy for a shoebox when compared to a jetta tdi or prius.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Matlock posted:

40mpg is thirsty?

I haven't heard anyone being able to hit that high in one. Real world seems to be around 35, which is really silly for what the car is.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

I haven't heard anyone being able to hit that high in one. Real world seems to be around 35, which is really silly for what the car is.

So is 40, really. The problem is you make a bunch of super-small-car sacrifices, and you get mileage that doesn't compare all that well to normal small cars which don't make any of the sacrifices.

Aren't the transmissions absolutely godawful, too?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Matlock posted:

In most auctions, the real bidding will happen over the last 12 hours. Check the completed listing for a better idea of the car will sell for.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Spiffness posted:

I hope the buyer enjoys making 3 point u-turns.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

Wow. Florida. Who'd have guessed.

Also Duval has only one L. This guy's a real winner all around.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Jack the Smack posted:

I hope the buyer enjoys making 3 point u-turns.

That's what burnouts are for.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

kimbo305 posted:

35? Seriously? My 98 civic with 25000km oil change intervals gets 35 on a regular basis. I see so many of them here used as company cars, I figured they got ridiculous mileage.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Boat posted:

Wow. Florida. Who'd have guessed.

Also Duval has only one L. This guy's a real winner all around.

It's Duvall Washington, which is like Washington's rear end in a top hat.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

kimbo305 posted:

36 combined acording to the EPA

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma
Jesus, I thought they got 50~mpg at least. My loving Civic will pull mid-40s if I drive like I'm destined for a nursing home.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Wandering Idiot posted:

Jesus, I thought they got 50~mpg at least. My loving Civic will pull mid-40s if I drive like I'm destined for a nursing home.

The diesel one does/did. You guys got the petrol version only, so... :can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Crustashio posted:

35? Seriously? My 98 civic with 25000km oil change intervals gets 35 on a regular basis. I see so many of them here used as company cars, I figured they got ridiculous mileage.

Where's here? They make good urban delivery vehicles (like food or parts, maybe flowers), for parking.