Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

pik_d posted:

Maybe you should try some other forums then. GBS is clearly not your thing.

GBS is nobody's thing. If GBS were an ice cream flavor, it'd be pralines and dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Is there any way to restore the default forums behavior of highlighting starred threads with their star color?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dominoes posted:

Is there any way to restore the default forums behavior of highlighting starred threads with their star color?

Turn off SALR's highlighting of threads?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone having an issue with threads randomly unbookmarking themselves?
The Fat Princess thread in games specifically, I've had to constantly re-bookmark the thread all night.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

KGBAgent185 posted:

Anyone having an issue with threads randomly unbookmarking themselves?
The Fat Princess thread in games specifically, I've had to constantly re-bookmark the thread all night.

Yeah some people in QCS mentioned it. No admin replied so I'm not sure what's up. It happened to me once or twice but hasn't recently. As an off-the-wall guess try Ctrl+F5'ing in any thread and see if it still happens.

It seems like this started after the "mark threads read" thing got updated but some peoples browsers kept the old system cached. The solution was to Ctrl+F5 to force the browser to flush out the old cached system, after I Ctrl+F5'd this issue hasn't happened again either.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

heeen posted:

I know some people here still have goonstickits running, can you check if you can update to the latest version, which forums poster bushibytes(?) provided to me.

Seems to be working fine, man! Though it didn't update properly: when I installed 0.5, it installed alongside 0.3 instead of replacing it.

It still kept all my old notes though. Score!

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
What's the latest version? I think the OP is outdated. And j/k keyboard navigation still isn't working for me.

satin666
Jun 7, 2006

Are you pressing capital J/K?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

j/k navigation won't work in 3.5 until the next build is pushed out. :)

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
My starred threads keep getting unstarred and it pisses me off. I saw the notice about clearing your cache to get the new CSS sheets, but I cleared ALL of them and it still happens.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

M3wThr33 posted:

My starred threads keep getting unstarred and it pisses me off. I saw the notice about clearing your cache to get the new CSS sheets, but I cleared ALL of them and it still happens.

Are you talking about the forum-side bookmarked threads or the SALR starred threads?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

ATwoSlotToaster posted:

Yea I'm having the same issue. Have been for a while now. The quick reply screen always shows, "Retrieving post" or whatever (even for replies) and it doesn't go away, also 'submit' is grayed out.

SALR: 1.99.090721
Firefox: 3.0.11

I fixed my by replacing my HD. I was having CRCs and SMART errors. I hope you're not having to do the same thing.

myself
Jul 17, 2001

Does SALR make it so I can see peoples post counts under their avatar? Like this:

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

myself posted:

Does SALR make it so I can see peoples post counts under their avatar? Like this:

No. That information is not available on the main threadview page, and one condition for the continued tolerance of SALR is that it make no additional queries to the forums.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

astral posted:

Are you talking about the forum-side bookmarked threads or the SALR starred threads?

Happening with me too, forum-side. It seems to only happen to a few specific threads, too.. No idea whats going on.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Is it just me, or is the "subscribe to thread" now not working with quick-reply?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Can the user notes system be tweaked a bit? Sometimes I just want to write "ok dude" under someone's name so I don't troll them in the future, but it takes 3 clicks and a scroll to get to the note. And it seems you have to change the color to even notice that there is a note on someone which takes even more time. Is there any way to make it so you can just click somewhere under the user's avatar and have an input box pop up and type a note in and have the note appear there from then on?

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 13, 2009

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Use heeen's GoonStickIts.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Thanks, but it says it's not compatible with Firefox 3.5.2 :(

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Just grab the Nightly Tester Tools, and override the compatibility. It doesn't do anything game-breaking.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Works now, thanks!

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
FF 3.0.11

If your browser stretches to the bottom of the screen the page dropdown ("page navigator" I think you call it) doesn't have room to work. In fact, if it's anywhere within about 215px from the bottom it won't have room, if the page number is high enough. Apologies if this has already been reported.

bottom-right corner of maximized browser:

Not shown: page 26, because there's no room for it.

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS
Every so often I see a reply with a quote but don't remember reading the quoted text. I'd like to make it easy to see the context of the quoted text.

So now I've got a feature request.

Could users names in quotes be made to be links to that users's posts in a thread?

eg:
Argon_Sloth posted

It would be nice if the post containing the link you clicked was copied into another window. Kind of like the quick post/edit/reply. Just for easy comparision.

I realize SALR can't make additional db calls per page load. So this becomes harder to do when the quoted poster doesn't have a post on the current page. As a proposed solution, can save a lookup table in a file of user name -> userid for all posters the user has seen in each thread removing a thread's look up table after a month of inactivity?

I know that last bit isn't possible with pure javascript. But I don't really know the internals of SALR.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

astral posted:

Click the star next to the thread icon. I have no clue where the SALR Starring is.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

M3wThr33 posted:

Click the star next to the thread icon. I have no clue where the SALR Starring is.

right click > salr options > star this thread

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

Using the trunk in the first post works quicker rather than waiting for the next update. If you're having problems do that since you probably got the update to 3.5 like I did.

Octal fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 23, 2009

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

BUST A FLOW! posted:

Happening with me too, forum-side. It seems to only happen to a few specific threads, too.. No idea whats going on.
I've been experiencing this for a couple of weeks now. I never use SALR's "Star this thread" option -- I just bookmark them with the stars on the page index.

I've noticed that the threads tend to un-star when replying or editing a post. I'm thinking that somehow the "Subscribe" box is getting unchecked (or not processed correctly), though I'm not sure if that's a SALR or a forums issue.

Edit: Just reproduced the problem. I edited my post in a starred thread from SALR's Quick Edit window. When I submitted, suddenly the thread was unstarred. I noticed that when the Quick Edit window appeared, the Subscribe box was not checked (I don't remember if it did this in the past before the issue started).

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 25, 2009

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

the_ruiner posted:

I've never had problems. They almost always stay cached. It also wouldn't be too difficult to change the URLs to local files.

Looks like WaffleImages has the code background ( https://wi.somethingawful.com/cf/cf7e382a6b61185da54b24702c16f0a07103be09.png ) broken. Could you upload it somewhere else so that I can grab it and keep it local?

Thanks!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah when I edit posts it unbookmarks them.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I love this addon.

Just got the newest version again, tho I think its the same as the old one I had.
It gave me an annoying pop up message in the quick reply windows until I checked 'disable smileys'.
Ok this have been a retarded post since I'm running Namoroka (beta firefox or some poo poo)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Elendil004 posted:

Yeah when I edit posts it unbookmarks them.

Same here.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, that's definitely where the issue lies.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I've got a feature request, may not be worth the effort, but who knows. The forums have a fuckton of smilies, but I only ever regularly use a handful. Occasionally I forget exactly what they are, so I have to go looking, which can take a while. How feasible would it be to add a "favorite smilies" option, where I could make a custom list of 10 or 20 that I use most frequently?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Could you guys add [video] to the vb code pulldown?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

brc64 posted:

I've got a feature request, may not be worth the effort, but who knows. The forums have a fuckton of smilies, but I only ever regularly use a handful. Occasionally I forget exactly what they are, so I have to go looking, which can take a while. How feasible would it be to add a "favorite smilies" option, where I could make a custom list of 10 or 20 that I use most frequently?

That would actually be a fantastic feature. I second that suggestion.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

flatluigi posted:

That would actually be a fantastic feature. I second that suggestion.

This would actually rule if it's at all feasible.

StupidFatHobbit
Jan 15, 2004
A long long time ago, I used to be able to do ctrl-enter to submit a reply to a thread (NOT press R to reply to current post, but i.e. right now as I'm typing this up I used to be able to hit it to reply). Then at some point it stopped working.

Is there any way to restore this functionality?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

WhiteHowler posted:

I've been experiencing this for a couple of weeks now. I never use SALR's "Star this thread" option -- I just bookmark them with the stars on the page index.

I've noticed that the threads tend to un-star when replying or editing a post. I'm thinking that somehow the "Subscribe" box is getting unchecked (or not processed correctly), though I'm not sure if that's a SALR or a forums issue.

Edit: Just reproduced the problem. I edited my post in a starred thread from SALR's Quick Edit window. When I submitted, suddenly the thread was unstarred. I noticed that when the Quick Edit window appeared, the Subscribe box was not checked (I don't remember if it did this in the past before the issue started).

Any news on getting this fixed?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm having trouble on Mac OS X. I can use the extension mostly fine, and it's just a minor annoyance, but is there any way I can get middle click to work on the pulldown menu to open a new tab, like it does with every other link? :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Capsaicin posted:

I'm having trouble on Mac OS X. I can use the extension mostly fine, and it's just a minor annoyance, but is there any way I can get middle click to work on the pulldown menu to open a new tab, like it does with every other link? :\

Right-click.

• Locked thread