Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Without watching the video I'll assume Batmanuel is right. They did something similar when Dawn Marie flashed the crowd during her feud with Torrie Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
The only time I remember them ever actually letting anyone flash without something covering the nipples was Kat at some PPV, I don't remember which one, though.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Just watching a SNME from 88 or so, and it was a battle royal. The big feud at the time was Andre/Hogan, but instead of having them end it up, after one short interaction they were kept away from each other throughout the match before Andre eliminated Hogan via shenanigans (well, hair pulling) and Andre was eliminated in turn a few minutes later well before the end of the match.

Why isn't that done more often? It protects the wrestlers since they're being ganged up on and keeps the feud hot because one hasn't beaten the other one. I was just surprised about how the heat was kept on them even though frickin' Hercules won the match.

An analogy I guess would be HHH/Cena in a RAW midcard battle royal being eliminated 5 minutes into it, only to have Christian win it. Bizarre.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Thorias posted:

The only time I remember them ever actually letting anyone flash without something covering the nipples was Kat at some PPV, I don't remember which one, though.

Armaggedon 99

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Thorias posted:

I'm sure I remember Sable vs. Jacqueline that ended in boobs, my youtube-fu fails me though.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Jagtpanther posted:

I'm sure I remember Sable vs. Jacqueline that ended in boobs, my youtube-fu fails me though.

Do you mean the bikini contest where Sable's bikini top was just handprints dipped in paint?

EDIT: Here's the video of that. She had pasties on under the paint.

Rusty Shackelford fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 9, 2009

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jagtpanther posted:

Why isn't that done more often? It protects the wrestlers since they're being ganged up on and keeps the feud hot because one hasn't beaten the other one.

Because usually battle royals are for a prize, and the top guys are more likely to win them!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has CM Punk ever had a 5 star match? I seem to recall reading about one or two he had in ROH, but I can't seem to find proof. I know there's a rating list in the OP, but that's just for WWF/E.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Jagtpanther posted:

It was one of the UK ppvs. Jacqueline was on someone's shoulders and Sable ripped her top off from behind.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has CM Punk ever had a 5 star match? I seem to recall reading about one or two he had in ROH, but I can't seem to find proof. I know there's a rating list in the OP, but that's just for WWF/E.

Joe vs Punk II got 5 stars from Meltzer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Because usually battle royals are for a prize, and the top guys are more likely to win them!

jim duggan/john studd

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jacquelines boobies popped out at some event with carnage in the name of it

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

grody but still def posted:

jim duggan/john studd

Yes I too remember when they won the ????? prize

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

grody but still def posted:

Joe vs Punk II got 5 stars from Meltzer.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thorias posted:

I remember WWF catching a SHITTON of flak for that and quite correctly pointing out that they hadn't recieved a single complaint about Chris Jericho beating the living poo poo out of Chyna on the same PPV.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I remember WWF catching a SHITTON of flak for that and quite correctly pointing out that they hadn't recieved a single complaint about Chris Jericho beating the living poo poo out of Chyna on the same PPV.

That always bugs me.

Women being beaten by men is bad.

Women being defeated in combat sports by men is not a problem, especially when the woman is actually bigger and stronger than the man in question (in which case its actually kinda cool).

Its all about the setting. No-one would have complained about Kat getting her norks out if it had been some x-rated girls gone wild pay-per-view.

Well.

I would have, but I'm a boob connoisseur ... :smugdog: (of dodgy PPVs) :smith:

Kulex
Apr 4, 2007

A shpectre is haunting Europe - the shpectre of Shlavoj Zizek... and so on and so on.

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

jacquelines boobies popped out at some event with carnage in the name of it

It was Capital Carnage and I was there. I must've been about eleven at the time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Kulex posted:

It was Capital Carnage and I was there. I must've been about eleven at the time.

If I saw real live boobies at eleven like that I'd have missed several weeks of school afterwords. You're awesome.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
What was Kurt Angles take on the Puder incident?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Batmanuel posted:

What was Kurt Angles take on the Puder incident?

Well let me put it this way, he once said in all seriousness that if he ever had an actual match with Puder, he would end up holding him down while Karen poo poo in Puder's mouth.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm watching the Sting/Hogan match from '97 Starrcade, and it makes me feel a touch wistful for what has become.

Could the WWE have managed to keep from loving him up all the way to now, to make him have a end-of-the-career period comparable to 'Taker's, instead of... Well, you know what has become.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I'm watching the Sting/Hogan match from '97 Starrcade, and it makes me feel a touch wistful for what has become.

Could the WWE have managed to keep from loving him up all the way to now, to make him have a end-of-the-career period comparable to 'Taker's, instead of... Well, you know what has become.

Sting or Hogan?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Thorias posted:

The company line was that Kat did that on her own and it was frowned upon by WWE.

I tend to believe WWE on that one. Kat was all about getting attention (hell, she was dating Lawler and letting him put up nude pictures of her on his website) so I can easily believe it was her decision alone.

If WWE asked her to do it, I would imagine things like that would have happened more often during the Attitude era.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Jerusalem posted:

Well let me put it this way, he once said in all seriousness that if he ever had an actual match with Puder, he would end up holding him down while Karen poo poo in Puder's mouth.

Yep - although the making GBS threads into his mouth was to come AFTER Kurt Angle held him down and rubbed his balls all over Puder's face (but only if Dixie gave him permission)

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So how are the WrestleMania Anthology DVDs? Are there any worthwhile extras or anything are them. I've long wanted Volume 1 and 2 of it, and I found them at an FYE earlier today. But they're 35 bucks each. Is it worth $70 for the first 10 WrestleManias on DVD?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

TL posted:

So how are the WrestleMania Anthology DVDs? Are there any worthwhile extras or anything are them. I've long wanted Volume 1 and 2 of it, and I found them at an FYE earlier today. But they're 35 bucks each. Is it worth $70 for the first 10 WrestleManias on DVD?

I've got the complete boxset, and there aren't any DVD extras, just the shows. The only bonus you get is that each volume comes with a collectible card featuring a famous WrestleMania moment on a piece of film. 35 dollars doesn't sound too bad for a volume, just 7 bucks a Wrestlemania.

edit: A big drawback for them is that they change out some of the entrance themes. For example you won't hear Big Bossman's "Hard Times" or Demolition's "Here comes the Ax, here comes the Smasher".

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 10, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

edit: A big drawback for them is that they change out some of the entrance themes. For example you won't hear Big Bossman's "Hard Times" or Demolition's "Here comes the Ax, here comes the Smasher".

Get me mah gun, boy. :mad:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You also won't hear the nWo theme. They replace it with generic poo poo that sounds nothing at all like the original.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Get me mah other gun, boy. Ah sure hope Ah don't have tah reload...... nobody tell me about anything else they done hosed up.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Jerusalem posted:

Get me mah other gun, boy. Ah sure hope Ah don't have tah reload...... nobody tell me about anything else they done hosed up.

I hear they've edited it so that Hogan wins WrestleMania VI this time.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Umbra Dubium posted:

I hear they've edited it so that Hogan wins WrestleMania VI this time.

And they edited the Triple H/Ultimate Warrior match at Wrestlemania XII so the match ends immediately when Ultimate Warrior gets pedigreed.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
I heard that Darkness Crabtree is really Mike Quackenbush. Is that true?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Sting or Hogan?

Sting, of course. If that had been WCW's Montreal Screwjob, so to speak, and Sting had left after that horrendous show, and done the unthinkable and gone to the WWE, it could very well have completely changed what pro wrestling looked like for the next few years.

If Vince didn't make Sting have some horrible gimmick that they came up with, making it BETTER than Sting, of course.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

echopapa posted:

I heard that Darkness Crabtree is really Mike Quackenbush. Is that true?

It's generaly agreed that it'sIcarus, although people think los ice creams are mike quackenbush and hallowicked, which still throws me.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Wazzu posted:

It's generaly agreed that it'sIcarus, although people think los ice creams are mike quackenbush and hallowicked, which still throws me.

One of the Ice Creams is definitely Quack , and it wouldn't surprise me if you were right about the other one. I honestly forget.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's Raven up to these days?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

rotinaj posted:

What's Raven up to these days?

Feuding with Larry Z apparently.

quote:

On August 2, 2009, Raven defeated reigning champion Preston Quinn to win the Vanguard Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Title, in Norfolk, VA at the NorVa. Post match, Larry Zbysko and Raven had a war of words, where Raven challenged Larry to find an opponent to face him for the VCW World Title.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Where does the Vanguard Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight title rank versus the other world belts? Is it more prestigious then the big gold belt?

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
who'll face Raven for the Vanguard Wrestling Heavyweight Championship?

I hope its not KROTCH - the black metal juggalo.

http://www.vcw-wrestling.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=83

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best part is that the NorVa is a small concert hall that is probably less suitable for wrestling than a high school gym.