Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Star loving Hipsters has a new album in October on Alternative Tentacles

I'd buy it

But gently caress giving Jello any money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Just to get my say in on the metalcore subject: Gather :colbert:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Oh man, Gather rules. Also 7 Generations.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Nuh-uh, metalcore sucks and you sucks.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

zeldadude posted:

Go see razors edge for me. I wish they would tour the US so bad :(

I'd go see Razors Edge if they were still doing "Thrash Em All" and "Razors Rising" material. They're basically a pop-punk band now, which isn't really my thing. Got a flyer when record shopping yesterday for a Nice View/Breakfast/Struggle For Pride/Abraham Cross show happening tomorrow, which is a great surprise as Nice View killed when I saw them in the USA.

The record shops here are amazing. We hit up a bunch of different branches of Disk Union, which is interesting because it's a big chain music store, but they all had great, rare Japanese HC stuff for really good prices. This one place we went to called Flower Records is the most loving insane store I've ever been to. It's basically this dudes apartment that is completely stuffed to the gills with everything imaginable as far as Japanese HC goes (except for the ridiculously rare items that I was asking for, ha). There were tons of 7"s, CD's and tapes tacked up in bags on the ceiling! The owner was really knowledgeable too and knew exactly what I was talking about, even when asking for these totally obscure demo tapes and stuff. So yeah, it's been pretty awesome so far and I haven't even been to any gigs yet!

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007
Gather is my guilty pleasure. Also, to the dude in Japan, as stated, PLEASE SEE BBQ CHICKENS. love that band.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Competition posted:

Because there is decent stuff that can be called metalcore (though it is more suited to this thread) and instead of it being discussed in that thread they openly state that the bands they are posting about are ones that the metal thread gets it's panties in a twist over.

I'm half considering going in there to post about real metalcore bands, but I know it will either be ignored or I'll just be told to go back to this thread.

It's mostly because of that attitude though. Most people in the metalcore thread couldn't give a gently caress what is considered REAL METALCORE. Just give them their thread and leave them be. At least they're not coming in here and loving up your thread. If you want to talk about what you consider metalcore, just do it here where you'll likely get the kind of replies you want.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

Oh man, Gather rules. Also 7 Generations.

Ehhh. 7gen is okay. I think their cult following irritates me. And that the demo was WAY better than the new album (not saying the new album is bad, Vanguard and Bloodlust are loving awesome songs).

Sirius Sam
Apr 12, 2005

BUTTCHEEKS

rivals posted:

Ehhh. 7gen is okay. I think their cult following irritates me. And that the demo was WAY better than the new album (not saying the new album is bad, Vanguard and Bloodlust are loving awesome songs).

7 Angels 7 Plagues

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yes. So good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Converge are metalcore, right?

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Cursed holy gently caress Cursed. I've been listening to III a lot recently and every time Friends In The Music Business comes on I want to destroy everything.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I'd go see Razors Edge if they were still doing "Thrash Em All" and "Razors Rising" material. They're basically a pop-punk band now, which isn't really my thing. Got a flyer when record shopping yesterday for a Nice View/Breakfast/Struggle For Pride/Abraham Cross show happening tomorrow, which is a great surprise as Nice View killed when I saw them in the USA.

The record shops here are amazing. We hit up a bunch of different branches of Disk Union, which is interesting because it's a big chain music store, but they all had great, rare Japanese HC stuff for really good prices. This one place we went to called Flower Records is the most loving insane store I've ever been to. It's basically this dudes apartment that is completely stuffed to the gills with everything imaginable as far as Japanese HC goes (except for the ridiculously rare items that I was asking for, ha). There were tons of 7"s, CD's and tapes tacked up in bags on the ceiling! The owner was really knowledgeable too and knew exactly what I was talking about, even when asking for these totally obscure demo tapes and stuff. So yeah, it's been pretty awesome so far and I haven't even been to any gigs yet!

i'm incredibly jealous of you. hope you have a loving great time.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
So much poo poo piling on in these last two pages.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Seeing Lifetime/Bouncing Souls in NY on Aug 20th. Really excited, I've never seen Lifetime before.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Lifetime was pretty awesome last time I saw them with the Souls. It was Ergs!/Lifetime/Souls. Such a great show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Lifetime was pretty awesome last time I saw them with the Souls. It was Ergs!/Lifetime/Souls. Such a great show.

Skip

Have I told you how much I hate you for seeing the Ergs! because it happens to be a lot

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

It's mostly because of that attitude though. Most people in the metalcore thread couldn't give a gently caress what is considered REAL METALCORE. Just give them their thread and leave them be. At least they're not coming in here and loving up your thread. If you want to talk about what you consider metalcore, just do it here where you'll likely get the kind of replies you want.

It's just somewhat irritating/bemusing 'tis all

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
pissed jeans in a week!

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

FateoMcSkippy posted:

That must have been amazing. The Ergs put on a good show. I managed to see them in New Brunswick last year when they played Dorkrock all the way through.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Fair enough. I hung out with them a bit when they were first starting out, and they're some of the nicest dudes ever. Chris gave me a recipe for vegan peanut butter chocolate balls that are goddamn amazing. :3:

Also, came across a copy of Dance Tonight! Revolution Tomorrow! in a record store today for five bucks. So that was cool.

Finally, I saw the Cobra Skulls/Copyrights last night in Portland. It was a house show and when the Cobra Skulls were playing, there were less than 15 people in the room, including the band. wtf portland.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DRD posted:

That must have been amazing. The Ergs put on a good show. I managed to see them in New Brunswick last year when they played Dorkrock all the way through.

ffffffffffffff

beth-sama
Jun 3, 2009

by Peatpot
Lightning Bolt today. (wowzzers)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm looking to get into some more pop punk/hardcore music - does anyone have any recommendations?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Corbet posted:

I'm looking to get into some more pop punk/hardcore music - does anyone have any recommendations?

Pop punk: The Queers, Screeching Weasel, Mr T Experience, The Ergs!, the Steinways, Dillinger Four

And I'm going to say Descendents just in case you've been under a rock and haven't heard Milo Goes To College yet

e If you want more recommendations or just more specific ones hit the AIM in my profile

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 16, 2009

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

RunTo TheHills posted:

Fair enough. I hung out with them a bit when they were first starting out, and they're some of the nicest dudes ever. Chris gave me a recipe for vegan peanut butter chocolate balls that are goddamn amazing. :3:

Also, came across a copy of Dance Tonight! Revolution Tomorrow! in a record store today for five bucks. So that was cool.

Yeah they are great dudes. My ex was friends with Nick so I hung out with him a few times, and I've talked to Tim a bit. Also, still in print not much of a find :)

rivals fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 16, 2009

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Corbet posted:

Name us the stuff you already like/listen to (and some stuff you don't like) so we can point you in a more accurate direction.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I proper love NFG so while you guys are at it can you recommend some stuff for me.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

A5H posted:

I proper love NFG so while you guys are at it can you recommend some stuff for me.

If you liked their ISHC stuff then you'll love anything by H20

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

A5H posted:

I feel like SYG is compared to NFG a lot also Four Years Strong maybe? Oh, and early Saves The Day. This is probably all stuff you already have, but really it's all I've got for you :(

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nobody should ever listen to Four Year Strong ever

I still say that having to sit through their set at a Bouncing Souls show was the worst experience of my life

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Hollow Jan owns so loving hard

just came here to say that, but if some of you don't know them and like Envy, they're like the korean version

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Yeah they are great dudes. My ex was friends with Nick so I hung out with him a few times, and I've talked to Tim a bit. Also, still in print not much of a find :)

Yes, but I didn't have it yet. So you know. Awesome.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I enjoy...

-NFG
-ISHC (how can you not like them!?)
-H20
-SYG (I actually like their newer album even... I know everyone seems to hate it here)

I've heard a lot of good things about Dillinger Four, I'll definitely give them a listen.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Corbet posted:

I enjoy...

-NFG
-ISHC (how can you not like them!?)
-H20
-SYG (I actually like their newer album even... I know everyone seems to hate it here)

I reckon you'll like the Briggs http://www.myspace.com/thebriggs

Classic bands you should be listening to:
CIV (first album)
Gorilla Biscuits
Dag Nasty
Seven Seconds

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

rivals posted:

Most Precious Blood. :colbert:

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]
Since By Man. :colbert:

To this day I love We Sing the Body Electric, breakdowns and all. They were a great live band.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Competition posted:

I reckon you'll like the Briggs http://www.myspace.com/thebriggs

Classic bands you should be listening to:
CIV (first album)
Gorilla Biscuits
Dag Nasty
Seven Seconds

Descendents

How did this not mention Descendents

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Briggs are awesome. Their last record was badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
To the guy earlier: Yes, please come in the thread and show us what "Real" metalcore us. We are all dying to know. :rolleye:

As for the pop-punk guy, I would check out A Day To Remember if you want more popmoshcore type stuff but if you want more of this-thread kind of stuff I would check out perhaps Comeback Kid or the aforementioned H20.

By the way, I know FYS and SYG aren't exactly loved here, but I saw them recently at the Meridian downtown here in Houston and it was loving awesome