Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Net Boners
Mar 2, 2002

did you go to town with hot wheel tracks, Joan Quinn?

frozenphil posted:

I was speeding and a cop enforced the law. If he would have just not done his job for 20 more yards I would still have been breaking the law. What a loving rear end in a top hat pig!

Haha yeah Cops rule. I follow all laws to a T. Screw fun, safety first is what I always say. *rides Ninja 250 at 25 mph*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

Blakeem bin Bustin posted:

Haha yeah Cops rule. I follow all laws to a T. Screw fun, safety first is what I always say. *rides Ninja 250 at 25 mph*

Yo, if you get caught breaking the law then take your punishment and don't be a whiny bitch. Don't try and find a justification for it - when I got done for three digit speeds in a 70mph zone, I just admitted guilt and took the fine.

The final's (Red Bull X Fighters) being held in my city at the same time I'm going on holiday, which is a right bitch.

ranathari fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 14, 2009

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ziploc posted:

Seriously? Story?

That particular picture is actually from a crash he had in June, but apparently there are no pictures of the crash in February which has caused him bad enough neck problems that he has canceled his return to F1:

http://www.carthusiast.com/schumacher-cancels-f1-return-2056.html

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Silver I think you just got one upped.

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR

:clint:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
oh god I can't wait.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A trannyslap!

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dT5Ydn7FI8

Video of me on my GS400 tearing up the local Canyon Road. Yes I put the camea in my helmet, yes its dumb, no I wont do it again; but I wanted a video, damnit!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Been watching more stuff on the "Tail of the Dragon" in Deal's Gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74RQqdUly5U&NR=1

drat I wanna go riding there.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I went home and got a ton of pics of my dad's bike collection. Only have time to post a few right now, but I'll put more up later.

Ducati Bronco

Click here for 1.

Click here for 2.

Click here for 3.

BSA(forgot to ask what kind it was. :blush: )

Bridgestone Hurricane

Click here for 1.

Click here for 2.

All for now, but I also have pics of a rare BSA scrambler, his Ducati single race bike, some pics from a motorcycle rodeo, and some other cool toys.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWoz7WTmjU

I know most of you have seen this but I watched it again for comedic sake. I feel it is always worth a repost. There is not enough :wtc:

That being said I was trying to think of a drinking game. Everytime a bike explodes? Everytime they do a jump with one?

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Christoff posted:

I know most of you have seen this but I watched it again for comedic sake. I feel it is always worth a repost. There is not enough :wtc:

That being said I was trying to think of a drinking game. Everytime a bike explodes? Everytime they do a jump with one?

Pepsi or Mountain Dew?

I swear, movies like this are why movies were born, fun, stupid action that in the end is completely meaningless other than doing whatever you can't do in real life. The Perfect Escape.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Christoff posted:

I'd been avoiding any clips of that movie, seriously is this like some sort of Crank-2-style-overdoing-things-so-they-seem-more-xtreeeeme sort of thing? That scene with the two chicks was like, the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Torque is what people who know absolutely nothing about bikes think bikes are like in the hands of japanese mafia members.

The best scene is the one where they ride their bikes through the woods. You can totally tell they're riding enduros with sportbike bodywork tacked on.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Personally, I like how the train conductor waits to pull the emergency brake until the train is roughly 20 feet from the downed bike.

"u messed with the wroooong chick, bitch!"

"no u"

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 18, 2009

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Slim Pickens posted:

Been watching more stuff on the "Tail of the Dragon" in Deal's Gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74RQqdUly5U&NR=1

drat I wanna go riding there.

Its a very fun road, but its absolutely horrible during the day. Nothing but harley trains and squids, even during the week. Locals know when to have fun, and its awesome when you know the road like the back of your hand.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Christoff posted:

Torque is the most hilarious movie ever. I loving love it. It's everything The Fast and the Furious wishes it could be.

Drinking game should be every time they they pull a completely useless stunt, or blatently defy physics.

The defy physics one would kill you though.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Sklnd alluded to this a few days ago, but here's my new toy! 1989 Honda TransAlp with around 2300 miles on it. It's a little rough around the edges and I'm not sure if I overpaid or not, but they're pretty hard to find, and I loved the paint job. From what I've been told by my buddy in houston and sklnd all it needs is a brake leaver, the shifter bent back a bit, a recovered seat, and some light fairing work. I'll probably also do all the service, and put some new tires on it. Bikes are the best impulse purchases.

What sucks is I'm stuck in Minnesota for a week before I can pick it up, and it's just sitting at a friends house.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 19, 2009

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Z3n posted:

Torque is the most hilarious movie ever. I loving love it. It's everything The Fast and the Furious wishes it could be.

Exactly.

And it spoofs Fast and the Furious in all the right ways.

Man i want to watch it again this weekend

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Engine - 49cc, 110cc, 125cc, 200cc 4-Speed 4-Stroke
Jockey Shift & Forward Foot Controls (Both Included)
Kick & Electric Start (Both Included)
15" Rear Wheel 18" Front Wheel
Disk Brakes
Springer Front Suspension (49/110/125cc)
Empty Weight 200 lbs.
Top Speed 57 mph (110cc)
80" Long / Seat height 25"

200cc would be $2,000.

http://www.kikker5150.com/hardknock.html

From another forum

quote:

A while back I pre-ordered a BMW S1000RR and have been getting emails about the bike's design ever since. This information is in the latest email and I thought it interesting. I know it's highly biased:

"The air box also supports the instrument cluster, rear view mirrors, lights and horn, from a lithe magnesium casting to save even more weight."

*snip*

"By reducing the size of the right front light, BMW was able to save one whole pound (which is significant in a racing machine) and allow for the central positioning of the air intake. The right and left fairings are also asymmetrical for a purpose: to remove much of the built up heat that 193 horsepower creates. The air is sucked in through the "shark fins" on the right hand side and the left hand side is configured to create a low pressure zone to draw hot air away from the engine. The overall fairing design went through more than 56 design modifications in the wind tunnel to determine the optimal cooling and wind resistance configuration."

Here's a cheesy PDF they linked me to:

http://www.bmwplanetpower.com/S1000RR_Analysis_Design.pdf

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88559153@N00/sets/72157621388795687/

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

:bmw:

:pwn:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
BMW S1000ARRRRR

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
The bill the cat headlight doesn't bother me half as much as the 70's vinyl couch green.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I can't even understand how that bike looks like this in race trim:

It's some loving :psypop: crazyness. So bad in street trim, so good in race trim...

Maybe because it lacks the :madmax: headlight assembly and the vents aren't the thing that your eyes naturally go to when it's painted something besides puke green.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Christoff posted:

you think this might be the reason they didn't design it with the headlights the other way around?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

Engine - 49cc, 110cc, 125cc, 200cc 4-Speed 4-Stroke
Jockey Shift & Forward Foot Controls (Both Included)
Kick & Electric Start (Both Included)
15" Rear Wheel 18" Front Wheel
Disk Brakes
Springer Front Suspension (49/110/125cc)
Empty Weight 200 lbs.
Top Speed 57 mph (110cc)
80" Long / Seat height 25"

200cc would be $2,000.

http://www.kikker5150.com/hardknock.html

Got one of these. It was pretty fun to build and my MSO should be here in a day or so I can register it. My build thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3176234

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'll say it. I think the S1000RR looks good. At first, I thought it looked like poo poo, but each time I take another gander it grows on me a little more.

Plus, its priced very well.

Samem story with the New R1. Hated it, now I like it.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Spiffness posted:

Samem story with the New R1. Hated it, now I like it.
Really dislike the '09 R1, even though it won Motorcyclists' Bike of the Year award. I just.. the headlights ruin it for me (which is funny because I have a Buell). They remind me of the XB12 Firebolt, just awful looking headlights. :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Christoff posted:

gently caress those guys

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

Z3n posted:

It's some loving :psypop: crazyness. So bad in street trim, so good in race trim...

Have you seen them in person yet? They look spectacular and unless you're being anal about it you don't even notice the headlight.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

laymil posted:

Have you seen them in person yet? They look spectacular and unless you're being anal about it you don't even notice the headlight.

No. I'm kind of out of the new motorcycle loop, being in Santa Barbara. If I were still in Santa Cruz I'm sure there'd already be a dozen queuing up in their own little area up at Alice's.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone remember what that bollywood movie was called where he pulls off his helmet and throws it under the cop car, making it do a complete flip?? It was posted here once before.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

laymil posted:

I don't believe for one second that you don't notice the headlight.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll go ahead and put up a few more pictures while I have a little time to screw off.

BSA Victor 441 Special

Click here for 1.

Click here for 2.

Click here for 3.

Ducati, I think this is a 250 monza with different paint.

Click here for 1.

Click here for 2.

The Ducati he used to race.

Click here for the full 800x508 image.

Storage spot #2. That Duc in the back didn't have an engine in the frame, so I didn't bother pulling it out, or the Triumph.

Spot #3. The Yamaha was the first bike I rode, and I raced the KTM a little. Didn't dig through here much since there was a wasp nest inside.

My old man's Guzzi. He repainted it purple and calls it Barney.

Story behind the "Deer Slayer" badge: He was hauling rear end down a road one night on a Harley and looked down to see his speedo reading 80. When he looked up, a deer was right in front of him. He cut the bastard in half and went flying onto his stomach. When he felt his leathers wearing thin, he rolled over onto his back and saw his left leg broken and dangling. His buddies drew a picture of it and made him the emblem to put on his bike when he rebuilt it. 20-something years later a deer runs in front of him again, but he saw it coming this time, the deer slipped on the bank, and he only broke its neck when it hit the roll bar. I'm glad it wasn't as dramatic this time, he has to wear compression socks all the time because of the first deer.

Pretty cool racer he was given as a present.

His new Tricolore. It's pretty fun.

The Road Rage toy I was talking about. This thing's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datBGrXfw-w

Went for a ride with my dad and uncle. The red Duc is my brother's that he let me borrow.

And finally some stuntin' at the motorcycle rodeo.

Click here for the full 700x467 image.

Click here for the full 700x840 image.

Click here for the full 600x703 image.

Hell, while I'm at it, my dad's bad rear end golf cart with a 7-inch lift and satellite radio.

Alright, that's about all I got. If I got a bike ID wrong, feel free to correct me.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Caterham R500 versus Hypermotard S

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Can anyone remember what that bollywood movie was called where he pulls off his helmet and throws it under the cop car, making it do a complete flip?? It was posted here once before.

Well I thought you guys would never ask again. Don't forget the NAWS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqVIN4cscU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd be curious to see that against a bike that makes more than 80hp. Of course, it's a car blog so of course they'd pick what amounts to a tarted up monster rather than using a supersport.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

I'd be curious to see that against a bike that makes more than 80hp. Of course, it's a car blog so of course they'd pick what amounts to a tarted up monster rather than using a supersport.

there's one from them that is a 1098S vs a GT-R (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man0X0bf8vk&feature=channel). The bike has the car handily on the straights, but simply can't compete under braking or transitions.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Linedance posted:

there's one from them that is a 1098S vs a GT-R (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man0X0bf8vk&feature=channel). The bike has the car handily on the straights, but simply can't compete under braking or transitions.

That rider has loving balls to commit like that in the lovely conditions.

It's not really a surprise, really...but then again, most people can't/won't rider or drive like that, and considering you can pick up a used supersport for 5k that'd probably be drat close to the 1098S in terms of performance, if not a bit better...gotta love bikes for cheap performance and absurd acceleration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
The problem with any bike/car comparison is that the winner is determined by where the race is taking place.